Macy's Executive Development Program Interview Questions

3.3

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in March 2012.

Interview process was pretty straightforward. I met with an HR Representative as well as a Product Manager, which was helpful (in my opinion). There are the standard questions i.e. Why do you want to work for Macy's etc. but there were also a slew of behavioral questions. My advice to those who plan to interview for this program: practice answering questions relating to real life/ work scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you were able to persuade someone to see your point of view.   Answer Question
No negotiations. Sign on Bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's.

The first interview was through the on campus interview processes. Then received an invitation for a second round interview on site. They were looking for management qualities and their questions reflected that

Interview Questions
    • business case where they gave you a series of situations and then asked what you would do if put in the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Long day. This interview was for the call center in Saint Louis. You walk around and tour with the other candidates then have lunch with the executives in that location. Followed by interviews. Everyone at lunch is an interviewer so some people had the change to talk with their interviewers beforehand which is a great advantage. If you click with someone that isn't interviewing you though, its not as valuable. Looking back I'm glad I wasn't offered the position as they knew then as I know now that I wouldn't have been a good fit for working in a call center. Thats what this program is, you're a manager in a call center.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's.

After the resume drop, a college recruiter will contact you for an in-person interview on campus. You will interview with two people at this time and those two individuals' roles vary. I was interviewed by an HR Manager and a Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Case study/ role play of how you would address and coach an associate on one metric on their scorecard. The interviewer will evaluate why you chose this metric to coach to and assess how confident you are when delivering your feedback.   Answer Question
    Starting salary is fixed.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online, reached out to an HR person, and was interviewed on the phone. They emailed me with multiple times to decide from for the phone interview, and I was interviewed by an HR person. It only lasted around 20-30 minutes, and it felt like I was talking to a person. He was genuinely interested in me and our conversation!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a difficult situation at work and how you handled/resolved it.
      Why are you interested in Macy's/working as a Buyer?
        Answer Question
    I have accepted the second interview.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online. Online I filled out an application and then did a retail math test and personality test. Then I got selected to move forward weeks later for a phone interview. Where I was asked general behavioral and generic questions like why retail? Why Macys? What makes you a leader? What qualities do you process that will help with leadership? Then the traditional behavioral question tell me a time when .... questions. I also got asked a lot about being able to read numbers and data and if I had experience gathering conclusions from looking at data. Very analytical. Then I was invited to the online presentation. Still waiting to see what happens next! Hope this helps!

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

Interviewed first on campus with a store HR manager. I was then called back and invited to a full day interview process with about 20 applicants which included about three hours of testing in the morning followed by three round robin style interviews in the afternoon. A few days later I was called with a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • It's been a long time since I interviewed so I don't remember. I know now that they ask you how you would coach an associate based on certain performance measures.   View Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

The interview process was really pleasant - had two 30 minute interviews on campus then a 2 day on-site. The first day was mostly introductory - meeting with some HR people and hearing people talk. The next day was evaluative - mostly behavioral questions, stuff like why you want to work there, etc. There's also a group exercise for about half the day, then they let you know within the next couple weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a worksheet about their business practices and ask you to go to Macy's Herald Square to fill it out.   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interviewed in Feb 2014 for their entry level management program through on-campus recruiting. I was looking to enter the Macy's program, but one of my interviewers was from Bloomingdales- so make sure you know both companies and how they relate to each other!

Interview Questions
    • second half of the interview is a training development simulation, where you read profiles of your "team members" and decide which one to mentor, and how. make it personal!   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

I originally met the recruiter at an on campus job fair, and received an email to set up a phone interview the next week. After the first phone interview I received another email to do another phone interview 2 weeks later. Questions were about leadership abilities, and my experience with leading. Also what I knew about Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • What is one aspect of Macy's Culture that you think contributes to the companies success?   View Answer

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!