Macy's

Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.2

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

One inital phone interview, moved on the next day to the second phone interview. After the second phone interview I was told I was going to be flown to the on-site interview. It was a two day round of events, first day was info session, second day had 4 different kinds of interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think a goal for employees should be tangible or intangible   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

I went to NYC for the second-round on-site interview and it was very overwhelming but they structured it in a way that eased you into the company and into the interview. Nothing was too difficult, but it was just an exhausting day.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I found out about the program through an on-campus career fair. Then attended an information session on campus. I was contacted for a On-campus interview. It was two 30 min interviews. One was with an HR person, the other with a product manager from one of their stores. Later, I was invited to their on-site interview. It lasted all day, consisted of two 30 min interviews and 2 groups exercises. The 2nd group exercise consisted of us deciding what ad to feature on their holiday catalog and we had to present out decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself
      Would you describe yourself as a leader or follower
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years
        Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Applied through university, process took about a month, 2 part interview - behavioral and scenario, scenario is relating to choosing an employee to train and why (based on given sales data), each part of the interview was 30 minutes, each part was held with a different interviewer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I found out about the Executive Development Program through my career fair. The recruiter was so friendly and personable and explained the whole process thoroughly. First you meet them at the career fair then you attend an info session. They then invite you to an on-campus interview. Within a week or so, I got an email saying that I was invited to New York City for an on-site interview. They pay for your flight and hotel stay, which is great.

Salary is fixed.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I attended a Macy's networking night where I met three Macy's associates that had been through the EDP program. After applying, I was asked to attend the Macy's Connect Event where about 10 of us met the interviewers for the on-campus interviews that would be the next day. During the interview, I was asked to analyze a case. I was given 4 brief descriptions of my sales associates, their sales scorecard and was asked to choose which one to coach. Afterwards, I did a typical behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your greatest accomplishment   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Macy's   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Recruited at On-Campus event. There were two 30 minute on-campus interviews. Each interviewer was a buyer or planner from the New York Headquarters. Mostly behavioral questions read off of a piece of paper. Before these interviews I had to complete a Retail math test and a personality test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

Macy's came to our college campus for the Career Fair and then again for an Information Session. Because I dropped my resume at the Career Fair, they contacted me for an on-campus interview two days before the day of the interview, despite that I did not submit an online application for the position. I met with two employers for half an hour each. They asked standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

First round interview was a phone interview with one of their new recruiters, he called 2 hours early and i was on the West Coast at the time, making it super early (7am).

Second round was a video call interview with a buyer. When the call started it ended up being another recruiting manager, who didn't even explain why the change. More typical HR questions.

Third round on-site was a 2 day interview with the panels and two one-on-one interviews, one with a buyer/planner and another with an HR manager.

Overall all the questions were super easy but the case study panel on day two was dumb. They put you into groups of 4-5 to work on it and when you present it. Everyone was pretty cut throat and if you didn't cut each other off when speaking, you probably wouldn't be able to say anything. they try to tell you theres room for growth, but at the rate they hire for these programs, you would hardly move up, maybe thats why all the employees move into different departments since theres no growth. I already decided I wouldn't take the offer if given at this point.

Got a call two weeks later saying I didn't show any "leadership". More so, I didn't cut off my teammates when they were speaking, what kind of leader doesn't let other people speak?

All in all, interview was pretty straight forward, they reimbursed all expenses for the on-site.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

The first interview was through the on campus interview processes. Then received an invitation for a second round interview on site. They were looking for management qualities and their questions reflected that

Interview Questions
    • business case where they gave you a series of situations and then asked what you would do if put in the situation   Answer Question