Macy's Executive Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through my university career website. Initial interview with HR - very easy, straight forward questions about previous experience and some behavioral. Second interview with director of the department. More difficult behavioral questions but nothing crazy. Nice conversations - very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in large groups, small groups, or individually?   Answer Question

Received a better offer from another company. This internship was too short - 8 weeks.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Executive Development Program Interview

Interview

First completed an application online. About a month after submitting application received an e-mail to set up a phone interview. Completed phone interview and a week later did a video chat interview. From there was selected to interview in Miami during 2 day process. There were several components to interview including round robin report reading with other candidates and one on ones with several executives.

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied through university. Had two on-campus interviews, the first was behavioral and the second was a decision-making activity/presentation. After that about 2 weeks later I got invited to a two day interview in Miami, FL. Day 1 you learned more about Macys and the program. Day 2 consisted in 2 group interviews/presentations similar to on-campus and 2 individual behavioral interviews. Plus 2 chats where you can learn more about position. Super great experience! Hotel accommodations were nice. Interview was on Wednesday, heard back the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to implement change and received resistance?   1 Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Met a recruiter during an on-campus career fair who followed up about a week later inviting me to an information session. From there I had a first-round interview with the head recruiter. She was extremely helpful, and made the process very positive. About a week later, I had a second round interview with a regional director who asked mainly STAR and behavioral questions. He answered all of my questions, and took down location preferences. Shortly after I was invited to a two-day on-site interview at the closest regional location. They brought in about 30 candidates and we went through a series of individual and group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions; nothing out of the ordinary the first few rounds. During the on-site interviews there were a few difficult behavioral exercises we were expected to complete with our peers. Basically what they're looking for is for those who stand out of the crowd and who are not afraid to speak up.   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

The first round of interviews consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. One of them was a basic behavioral interview and the second was a coaching exercise. Once I made it past the first round, I was flown out to the onsite location for the final round of interviews. On the first day, we had executives tell us more about the company and its strategy, we went on a store tour, and then ended the day with a nice dinner. The second day is when the interviewing happens. There are 4 interviews: 1 behavioral interview, 1 personalized interview based on your online assessment, 1 individual case study presentation, and 1 group presentation. If you make it to the second round, my advice is to be confident and be yourself. If you make it that far, they already think you're great so don't be nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to change other people's opinion and how you went about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I first spoke with Macy's at my school's Career Fair and then submitted my resume through the Career Center's website. I had an on campus interview about a week later, followed by an on site interview day roughly a month after that. I got a call the next day with the offer.

They mostly asked behavioral questions about my leadership style, work habits, and past experiences. It was a relatively easy process and everyone I spoke to during my interviews was engaged and easy to talk to. After my interviews I was excited to get the offer and accepted it a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project you have worked on and describe your role?   Answer Question
    • What fashion trends do you see on your campus?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Macy's (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I met a recruiter during a career fair on campus. I turned in my application online and was invited to an info session and on-campus interview. The interview consisted of two parts. The first interviewer tried to make you feel comfortable. The second part you had to look at stats and decide which employee to coach. The second interviewer is this part was quite disinterested and seemed like he hated his job. Overall, I would say the interview process was not nerve-racking so just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your goals? And then they asked follow up questions like 1. how did you achieve that goal and 2. what would you have done different   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (East Syracuse, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were multiple pre-interview networking and informational events on campus that candidates were recommended to attend. The interviews themselves consisted of two back to back half hour interviews with one interviewer in each. The interviewers worked under private brand labels for the Macy's group and had varying backgrounds. The questions they asked were from a set list and were very entry level questions such as strengths, weaknesses, leadership examples, etc

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about some recent changes and developments at Macy's as per the publications on our website?   1 Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Got interview through college recruiting. Lots of info sessions and emails and networking before I even had an interview. Make sure the recruiter knows your name. My interview consisted of 2 thirty minute interviews. One with a buyer and one with an HR rep. The buyer asked basic get to know you questions and why you're interested in the job and position and macys. The HR lady was very rude and distracting (because she said mhm after every word I said) she asked questions about their MOMM strategies. Know them extremely well so it's easy to talk about.

Interview Questions

• What are the MOMM strategies?   1 Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

One inital phone interview, moved on the next day to the second phone interview. After the second phone interview I was told I was going to be flown to the on-site interview. It was a two day round of events, first day was info session, second day had 4 different kinds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you think a goal for employees should be tangible or intangible   Answer Question