Macy's Interview Questions in Florida

130 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

As many others commented- Macy's set up my interview entirely online and when I arrived for my interview, proceeded to interview me for the wrong job. The most apathetic HR person I've ever met asked me questions directly from a wrinkled printout, in a monotone voice, until I figured out she was asking me questions for a position I never applied for. What a waste of time, what a rude HR person.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time I had to work in a group- all the questions are interview 101   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

The people at the front desk were very cold and ignored me so I had to be pushy to let them know I was here and ask what they wanted me to do. Then after a long time of waiting and other people interviewing I was pulled to the back and asked about my availability and what it meant to work for them. I was asked what customer service means to me. I was asked if I had ready transportation every day and how I'd engage a customer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate it was my first job

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied online for this position in July 2014 three weeks later I got an email inviting me to schedule an interview on their website. Scheduled the interview for 2 days later went in and let me say I don't know if it was a stress test or what but the administrative support supervisor came across as no nonsense. She jumped straight in started asking questions right off the bat I don't know think she even knew my name other than me introducing myself after her brash attitude at the door asked me Can I help you? I don't think she even knew what position I even applied for or even had my resume. Which I brought along but she was so to the point after entering her office I didn't even bother to offer her a copy. I was turned off immediately.

Interview Questions
    • She asked nothing that had to do with the position which in my opinion should have been focused on office skills. Nevertheless she asked name a time when you received exceptional service? why did you apply to Macys? tell me a time you worked as a team what was your role and what was the outcome? name a time you went above and beyond for a customer? Standard stuff not personal whatsoever she asked availability/saying we work sometimes 72 hours+ sometimes which I knew didn't relate to my position because it was a PT position   Answer Question

Sales Aaaociate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

several interviews for various positions, two stores in Sarasota, various positions, one interview the Manager and I were laughing all the time we talked, only glitch-had orientation scheduled for day I worked at another job. Kinks worked out, rescheduled and started, able to take time during orientation to learn register

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in March 2010.

came to the store with resume and references. Have been interviewed right away with a Department manager and Assistant store manager. Have had a phone interview with an Account Executive from a makeup company the same day. In 3-4 days I have received a job offer. The most dynamic and quick hiring process I have ever experienced in my life.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the most suitable candidate for this job?   Answer Question
    Was happy to get an offer since did not have previous experience in this field

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

You set your interview appointment by via email. Once email the date and time, you go to HR and wait and there will be either a department or store manager, or HR rep that will interview you. The process usually takes no longer than 45 minutes, and it they're interested, they'll let you know what department you'll work in and set up dates for your register and MAGIC training

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

The interview process was rather fun. The hiring manager was very easy to get along with and talk to. It lasted about an hour and a few days later, I received a call back to do a background check to confirm the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question he asked me would have had to been how I would handle a non english speaking customer.   Answer Question

Payroll Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

I found my interview highly unprofessional almost to the point of being insulting. I was dressed like a professional in a suit, hose and pumps. My interviewer was in yoga pants and flip flops. The interview consisted of her reading questions off a script and then attempting to write down my answers. I say "attempting" because she was incapable of spelling most of the words I used. I was then told that the position was less than 20 hours per week and the pay rate was under $10/hr.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where someone you worked with was unethical and how you handled it.   View Answer

Not enough hours, not enough money, lack of professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sanford, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in July 2013.

I had only one interview, when I arrived there was nobody waiting to be interviewed. The interviewer came in and introduced herself and took me to a back room to do the interview. She was very nice and didn't make me feel uncomfortable with any questions she asked. She made me feel very welcomed and was extremely easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Not really too difficult, basically asked why would I want to work for Macy's and what would my availability be.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

I got there on time but wasn't interviewed at least 20 mins later than the appointment. It was frustrating but I kept my cool, others simply rescheduled. When I was finally called, I was asked the same questions that others have posted

Interview Questions
    • How would you get someone to sign up for a Macy's card?   View Answer

I wanted a non-commission position but only commission positions were available

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!