Macy's Interview Questions in Florida

134 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online, and received an email within the next day or two to schedule an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early where there were others waiting in HR for different reasons. The man I interviewed with was very friendly and easy to talk to, and had a great sense of humor--something I always look for wherever I choose to spend my time! I was hired on the spot after a brief interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was especially prepared for the interview based on the previous questions on GlassDoor.com!   Answer Question
    None

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. Within a day I got an automated email asking me to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview was told the job was full time. $11+/ hour. I was then asked for a face to face. When I arrived at the store, I was interviewed by two young guys. Told me job was only part time and pay is under $9.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a stressful situation are your previous job?   Answer Question

Expected full time and better pay only to find out it was less pay and less money.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Make a NEW account because I wasn't receiving any interview appointment. After a week i haven't finished the training.... takes long to get a PC at that Macys. It help a another woman was before me, she was wearing a very low rise white jeans and a small t-shirt. No very professional. I was wearing 3 pieces, all BLACK WITH a pink shirt. And boots.

Interview Questions
    • What should do when see someone doing something illegal or inappropriate?   Answer Question
    $8per hour on Draw vs com

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Got their 30 mins early. Interviewed 30 mins after scheduled time. They asked me two questions then told me they didn't have anything available. While I was waiting everybody was rude and barely anybody made eye contact with me!

Interview Questions
    • When were you working w a team and somebody wasn't doing their part? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

As many others commented- Macy's set up my interview entirely online and when I arrived for my interview, proceeded to interview me for the wrong job. The most apathetic HR person I've ever met asked me questions directly from a wrinkled printout, in a monotone voice, until I figured out she was asking me questions for a position I never applied for. What a waste of time, what a rude HR person.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time I had to work in a group- all the questions are interview 101   Answer Question

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied online for this position in July 2014 three weeks later I got an email inviting me to schedule an interview on their website. Scheduled the interview for 2 days later went in and let me say I don't know if it was a stress test or what but the administrative support supervisor came across as no nonsense. She jumped straight in started asking questions right off the bat I don't know think she even knew my name other than me introducing myself after her brash attitude at the door asked me Can I help you? I don't think she even knew what position I even applied for or even had my resume. Which I brought along but she was so to the point after entering her office I didn't even bother to offer her a copy. I was turned off immediately.

Interview Questions
    • She asked nothing that had to do with the position which in my opinion should have been focused on office skills. Nevertheless she asked name a time when you received exceptional service? why did you apply to Macys? tell me a time you worked as a team what was your role and what was the outcome? name a time you went above and beyond for a customer? Standard stuff not personal whatsoever she asked availability/saying we work sometimes 72 hours+ sometimes which I knew didn't relate to my position because it was a PT position   Answer Question

Payroll Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

I found my interview highly unprofessional almost to the point of being insulting. I was dressed like a professional in a suit, hose and pumps. My interviewer was in yoga pants and flip flops. The interview consisted of her reading questions off a script and then attempting to write down my answers. I say "attempting" because she was incapable of spelling most of the words I used. I was then told that the position was less than 20 hours per week and the pay rate was under $10/hr.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where someone you worked with was unethical and how you handled it.   View Answer

Not enough hours, not enough money, lack of professionalism.

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

The interview process was rather fun. The hiring manager was very easy to get along with and talk to. It lasted about an hour and a few days later, I received a call back to do a background check to confirm the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question he asked me would have had to been how I would handle a non english speaking customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I had a group interview but that's not common. It wasn't too bad all of us got hired even the annoying women trying too hard. Questions like how would you assist the customer find jeans? Just relax be yourself it's not hard. Honestly they hire ex cons!! Especially during the holidays so RELAX. If you get an interview you get the job. Don't dress like a *insert whatever term you want here* that goes for any job I see that a lot and its so annoying.

Actually I had to call them because they forgot to call me! Not organized lol

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

I got there on time but wasn't interviewed at least 20 mins later than the appointment. It was frustrating but I kept my cool, others simply rescheduled. When I was finally called, I was asked the same questions that others have posted

Interview Questions
    • How would you get someone to sign up for a Macy's card?   View Answer

I wanted a non-commission position but only commission positions were available