Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's
- Sales Associate (907)
- Retail Sales Associate (214)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (212)
- Beauty Advisor (110)
- Executive Development Program (82)
- Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate (53)
- Sales Manager (39)
- Visual Merchandiser (39)
- Retail Support Associate (33)
- Intern (26)
- Cosmetics Sales Associate (25)
- Support Associate (24)
- Sales Associate In Macy's (24)
- Cosmetics Counter Manager (22)
- Part-Time Sales Associate (22)
- Cashier (21)
- Sales Support Associate (20)
- Merchandiser (19)
- Stock Associate (17)
- Commissioned Sales Associate (16)
- Seasonal Support Associate (15)
- Store Management Executive Development Program (15)
- Administrative Assistant (14)
- Loss Prevention Detective (14)
- Customer Service Representative (14)
- Sales Specialist (13)
- Sales Supervisor (13)
- Store Management Intern (13)
- Administrative Support Team Associate (13)
- Retail Associate (12)
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in March 2015.
I applied online and was contacted to vome in for an interview. I have no experience in retail and I am in high school so I'd only be able to work in the evenings on weekdays and I'm free all day on weekends. I was basically told I'm good for retail but my availability makes it difficult for me to work in retail. I was told that they attempt to place me in the "Support" department.
- Many scenarios were being asked. "How would you meet your sales goal for that day", "what would you do if you saw an coworking doing something unethical", "how would you get someone to sell something they can afford" and "how would you ask someone to open a Macy's card." 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Macy's (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2015.
Met with an upbeat lady ...I was told that there is a new interview process called S.T.A.R....Which is a list of questions and you tell how you related and your attitude. She wasnt the manger for that section the lady was gone she will call next week if she like me basically.
- why Macy's? Answer Question
I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL).
I applied online and received an appointment for an interview through the email. I went to the interview dressed as usual, but elegant compared with the women associates look as deaumbulants, horrible hairs, very unprofessional, looks dirty.
- Customer upset, what u did? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Macy's (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.
I applied online and received an email the next day, inviting me to come interview. I could choose the time. One-on-one interview in private office. Interviewer wrote down all my answers. Standard interview questions. With a bit of common sense, it is fairly easy. There was time afterwards for my questions, and I was offered my choice of 2 jobs on the spot. Low pay and no negotiation at all, but commissions should bump it up a bit.
- Tell me about a time you saw someone doing something wrong, and what did you do about it. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in December 2014.
The interview was very short and to the point. If you apply for seasonal and have some type of sales background and customer service, THEY WILL HIRE YOU. I didn't have any, but i made up some and answered the questions. I prepared by reading some reviews on glassdoor, and all of the questions i read on here were the exact same ones they asked. You may not get the position you apply for. I applied for cosmetics and got a position in shoes.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Macy's (Brandon, FL) in December 2014.
Interview started right on time yesterday. The woman conducting the interview was very nice. She told me right away that there were no positions available at this time, but she said she would hold onto my application and call if something opened up. I was asked 4-5 questions, all of which I found on Glassdoor before going in. The actual interview only took about 5-10 minutes, but the woman was very nice and we were just talking the rest of the time.
- How would you celebrate a new pair of jeans with a customer? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in November 2014.
You just need to read the Q and A in glassdoor, they ask you pretty much the same, the interview was like 20 minutes, i really wait more than what i spent in the interview. The people were pretty happy i thought it was going to be a good exp. but HELL NO.
- r u comfortBLE in working in a fast pace environment 1 Answer
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Macy's (Vero Beach, FL) in November 2014.
Applied online and got an email maybe a week later to schedule my interview. Had a good conversation with interviewer before she asked the basic questions. She then told me I was hired should I choose to accept (I did!). I was invited to train the next morning to be ready for Black Friday (this week).
This is a perfect job for someone with good communication skills who needs something flexible. Shifts are not scheduled, they are picked up so you can choose your days and hours. I am 7 months pregnant so this is ideal for me and was very excited to get hired so late in my pregnancy.
If you have no retail experience, I recommend playing up your communication skills and ability to work and get along with other people.
- Asked around 10 questions that required examples of past work experiences. 1 Answer
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL).
I applied online, and received an email within the next day or two to schedule an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early where there were others waiting in HR for different reasons. The man I interviewed with was very friendly and easy to talk to, and had a great sense of humor--something I always look for wherever I choose to spend my time! I was hired on the spot after a brief interview.
- I was especially prepared for the interview based on the previous questions on GlassDoor.com! Answer Question
Helpful (2)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Macy's (Coral Springs, FL).
Applied online. Within a day I got an automated email asking me to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview was told the job was full time. $11+/ hour. I was then asked for a face to face. When I arrived at the store, I was interviewed by two young guys. Told me job was only part time and pay is under $9.
- How did you handle a stressful situation are your previous job? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Expected full time and better pay only to find out it was less pay and less money.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review