Macy's Interview Questions in Florida

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.3

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the interview 20 minutes early. The AST supervisor couldn't find a manager to complete the interview so she did it herself. She basically stated in the interview that she's only been there for two weeks and that I probably could train her on the job (I've previously worked at Macy's). The interview was okay. None of the questions applied to AST, they were all sales questions. I later found out that she had the wrong interview sheet.

Associate Support Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

We spoke breifly about life. We then began the interview process. She explained it was 3 questions... 1. I dont recall the question 2. Explain a time when a customer responded to you? 3. Explain a time where you had to use integrity? She then asked me if I had any questions for her... And I did ask a few. She was extreemly nice and professional. This morning I woke up to an email basically saying I am overqualified.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer responded to you?   1 Answer

Fragrance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Plantation, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a professional representer of Macy's. She was easy to talk to and the conversation flowed. Being that I have a college degree they gave me the information on how the growth program works in the store. Macy's seems like a great company to work for and I can't wait to begin my new journey.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and what did you do? Tell me a bit about yourself and why you chose to apply for Macy's?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took one week in total. Applied online, did the assessment, and then scheduled my interview through email. I had a one on one interview and it was fairly quick, like 5 or 6 questions. The interviewer took notes while you spoke and asked if I had any questions at the end. Oh yeah, I was also asked what area would I like to work in (men's, women's, children, etc). Then I was told he would give the information to the hiring manager or HR (can't remember) for the next step. Now I'm waiting for an email or call back.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when someone you worked with did something you knew was wrong, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Pembroke Pines, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a woman from the cosmetics department and she asked some basic questions and wrote down the answers. She asked about my experience and if I'd be willing to apply makeup to people's hands and faces. I applied for a part-time position but since I'm going back to college in a month, she just put me down for a temp/as-needed position. She said cosmetics training takes longer than most retail positions because you need training from Macy's and from the vendor. Be prepared to commit to a long training process if hired. Also, she mentioned that they use a 9-point system so if you miss work, are late to work, etc., you lose a point, and if you lose all 9 points they fire you, no matter how good you are.

Interview Questions

• How can you assure that a customer will return to you?   Answer Question

Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the following day to schedule an interview. I choose an afternoon interview slot and once I arrived, was called to the back for an interview. The interview was extremely easy and she asked all the questions that were on this website. However, after the interview she said that there were no current openings but I interviewed extremely well. As a note, Macy's has a "now hiring" sign at all times and will have applications and interviews for positions that aren't even opened.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable putting makeup on customers' faces? Tell me about a time that you successfully worked with a team. Do you have any experience in cosmetics? What's your availability like?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising ( Macy's) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied at Macy's website as retail visual merchandising and received an email the next day to schedule an interview. I scheduled my interview on Wednesday. The next day I went to get ready to for my interview. After going to the resources office, I told the employees that I'm here for an interview, so I waited 20 minutes to be called. Once I was called to interview, the guy that wants me to interview and he was very nice. Basically he ask me about my work experience and why do you want work at Macy's and do you have experience in visual merchandising and i was like I had somewhat experience in art or store layout. But sadly I didn't get the job because he was look for someone who has strong interest visual merchandising with years of experience but he recommended me to apply as retail commission sales associate because this is something that I am interested in and benefits it has. So I jumped to the computer after the interview and apply as retail commission sales waiting for invitation for another interview. Overall, I had a good experience at the interview and hopefully I can get the job soon.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences in retail stores?   1 Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was hired through a phone interview. The phone interview contained personal questions mostly about prior work experience and many behavioral based "tell me about a time when" questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. It wasn't the hardest interview but it also wasn't the easiest. I advise to be prepared to link your experience with how you can benefit their company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Seasonal job. No negotiations

Taste Bar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. They print out your applications and use that to ask some questions. So make sure you don't lie on your application and remember your inputs. So now this lady here was laughing and all.. then she tells me she will e-mail me. right then and there I knew I didn't get it because she hired someone else on the spot. A spanish girl. I remembered someone else wrote a review stating if you are not spanish, it is likely you will not get the job. At first i thought that was b.s., but now i'm starting to believe it. How are you going to send an e-mail telling me i do not have the skills and qualifications. Them girls have no experience , while i have experience and is food handling certified. Mannnn macy's interviewer can kick rocks... Having people waste their valuable time and stuff..

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose macys? Do you have a flexible schedule? What would you do if you saw an employee doing the task improperly?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Boynton Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called in to an interview through email, when I came in the woman was actually late to interview me. She began the interview as we were walking to her office, the person that interviewed me was the cosmetics manager. She only asked me a few questions off of the paper many of the things we talked about were interpersonal at the end of the interview I gave her my resume and cover letter and she told me she would call me after the weekend.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Macy's as a new team member?   1 Answer