Macy's Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.2

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied in store. The process took me 15 minutes to complete. Got an email after 3 days for interviewing. I had to go through 2 interviews to get the job. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Macys Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was distant and asked scripted questions while she made brief notes on a form. I got the impression she had already made up her mine before she started the interview.

Interview Questions

• Your most challenging assignment.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Jesus, guys, no one on here told me I had to check in at the AST office! I got there 30 min early, sat in the gift registry for 40 min like a little punk before I talked to someone. A metro-looking guy interviewed me, who seemed nice, but no handshake or smile goodbye means no job. They said there were no positions open for my availability, even though it was on my application, so I'm sure it was a nice way of saying, "We're not looking for someone like you."

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's? How would you pitch an idea to someone? How would you sell a Macy's Rewards Card? Have you ever seen a coworker do something unethical and what did you do? How would you first interact with a customer? What's something you'd say to encourage a customer to buy something?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got email to set up my interview. I scheduled my interview for Friday and it was fine. To be honest I'm not too good at interview but I did my best. The manager told me that all the positions are and filled. He told me that they would call if any things opens up. So a week later I get a call saying that had a morning shift open from 9am-4pm for Mens clothing. So I said okay great. So the young lady told me I guess the manager over the men department was going to call me either the day I spoke with her which was Monday or the next day. I didn't get a phone call so tomorrow I'm going with my grandma to Macy's help her pay her bills and maybe talk to the guy and see what questions he have to ask. So hopefully everything goes smooth and I can start SOON!

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Macy's?   1 Answer
    • If a customer was having a hard time with they item they have, how would you promote to sell the other items?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had to wait 5 min and he asked me a few questions and said "give me one sec" came back and said "all positions are filled up and to just keep trying " but when you go on Macy's website they have a lot of open positions. so I guess that's how Macy's work being that they are a historic company but whatever

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was recruited from an interview fair on campus in April. I was then contacted for a phone interview a week and a half later, and then had a video interview later that week. At the beginning of May, I was flown out for a two-day interview. The first day consisted of introductions, a store walk through, and a very nice dinner. The second day we had a series of four interviews and two discussions. The four interviews consisted of two one-on-one interviews, an individual business acumen interview, and finally a group interview. The two discussions consisted of great information about the company and the program. The following week I received an offer and accepted it. The whole process was amazing, and I felt as though they really cared about their candidates, regardless of if they were to get an offer or not. We were treated really well (the hotel was great), and the people running the interview process were super nice. It was a really great learning experience, and I would recommend Macy's as a company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time you had a disagreement with your boss, and how did you confront the situation?   Answer Question

Flight Attendants Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically like everyone else says. Walk in and someone from inflight does a presentation about being a flight attendant, company history etc. Then the interviewers come in each one has a name. You go back to a room you have between 1-4 other ppl in the room interviewing at the same time. They ask you the usual customer service questions. If they like you they tell you they want to ask you a few more question. Two people (more than likely) from HR ask you. Few more questions way easier than the first set of questions. Basically are you ready for the change, ready to relocate if need be. They tell you to step out for a few minutes while they talk. They came back after about three minutes and offered me the job. Immediately went back to the airport did drug screening, vision and hearing tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult coworker? What's a misconception that you think a customer would have about you? Why do you want to be a FA?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

3 levels of interviews for a line with product allocation issues. Interviewed with Cosmetics Manager who didn't look the part, then interviewed with the Executive Manager of the cosmetic line, and then interviewed with the store manager.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview, I've applied more than once, and then i finally got a call, it was a phone interview first I didn't feel the pay and the work rendered will be worth it, so i declined the offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through college recruiting. I met a recruiter on my campus and was directed to apply online through my college's career service website. I was then contacted for the initial interview, which consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute business case. The night before the interview I attended a "pre-night" session. This is crucial! Go to this. The case involved selecting an employee to invest time in coaching to improve overall sales. I then was contacted for an on-site interview. We had a webinar the Monday before the event that had some information on logistics. The on-site interview is a two-day process. The first day consists of an orientation, a tour, and a networking dinner. The second day consists of our interviews: 1 behavioral, 1 based on questions they have about you from the online assessments, an individual business case, and a group exercise. I met some great people throughout the interview process and learned a lot, but one of my issues was that during the webinar, one of the recruiters told us that there is a job for each of us if we were the right people. This is a little misleading in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to convey something unpleasant to a supervisor.   Answer Question