Macy's Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.0

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online and got an invitation to schedule an appointment and did for the following day. When I arrived the first thing I noticed was the smell... it smelled like urine, the carpet was dirty and there were boxes everywhere. The receptionist asked for my name and said I was not on the "list", after ten minutes, she said that Carlos was on his way. Five minutes later a guy came to the reception and grab some papers, said hi Ms. My Name and started walking, I had to assumed that he was Carlos and followed him to his office. He closed the door and ask me to take a sit (chair was dirty), he had candy wrappers everywhere... anyways, after 30 seconds of silence (while he looked at my application) he said, "Yeah no, that's a problem". I said, "I'm sorry?", he said, "your schedule, that's a problem. I'm sorry". End of interview. I wasted my lunch hour to go to this interview. This people don't look at your application beforehand and don't even bother to make any eye contact.
    Very unprofessional.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Applied online...Got an e-mail two days later about an interview....Interviewed the next day and was hired on the spot. They was pretty much hiring those who was available without too much looking into retail experience. Interview questions was done from a sheet....The lady seemed more interested in my availability while asking the typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you caught a co-worker doing something wrong and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

There was an Initial Interview with a 30 minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute case study interview where they gave you a situation that had 4 different employee's and their sales plans and actual accomplishments for the period. You have to choose which employee you would focus your attention on and say why they need the attention. The second round interview was at the regional office. The first day is an informational day and the second day consists of 2 one on one interviews, one individual assignment much like the case study from the initial interview but instead you had to look at different departments and choose which 3 departments you would focus on and why. Then there is a group activity with the same parameters as the individual one but instead, each person is assigned a department, you are told that the company has a new full time position being added and you have to fight for your department to get the position. In the end you have to come together as a group and decide which department needs it the most.

Executive Development Store Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

I applied online and was contacted about a month later by a recruiter. The first interview was a 30 min behavioral interview. A couple days later I was asked to interview with another recruiter by webcam--this interview was also behavioral.

After my first two interviews, I received an email about a week after inviting me to Macy's "On-Site" interview--the final round. This interview lasted two days and consisted of 4 interviews: two behavioral interviews, a one-on-one interview, and also a group interview. Be sure to be knowledgeable about Macy's key marketing strategies!

After the final round interviews, I was contacted less than a week later with an offer. The entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral so make sure to have 5-10 examples showcasing your leadership skills.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the starting salary is great for a recent college grad.

Back Room/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

I basically applied online like every other candidate, and later received a email a couple of days later. I called the store and setup an interview approximately 2 days later. I went in and they asked me general questions, and he basically offered me the position on the spot. No room for negotiation, and the pay was low at $7.75. I offered a call back, but I never called back because the low pay rate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. Did not get what I applied for.(had 2 interviews) I was asked some personal, non job related questions.**see below in interview questions 4 details.

NO communication about hourly rate or hours/schedule.(details you pick up along the way) Not really shown much you have to ask. You must be a quick self taught learner or it will be a difficult and stressful place to work. Many friendly employees.

I like the diversity,culture and want to be a part of Macy's. Training needs a little improvement. The flexibility of most of the employees at macy's is very good.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have kids,are you married, Are you going to school.(these put me on the spot and was uncomfortable) Not job related. I believe these questions didn't have anything to do with experience in my opinion. I guess it could go either way depending on who you talk to.   View Answer
    none

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Used one of the reviews here. Got offered a position. Thank you.
    The manager was very nice and I passed the interview, but the other manager for that exact department was not working that day, so I will follow up the day after.
    But I am confident that I'll get a job.
    I have had a Macy's interview before and was not offered a position. They told me "we'll call you". The manager from this interview told me they tell that to everyone who didn't pass the interview.
    I wore a black satin dress with some flowers, black tights, black pumps and a jacket. A simple leather purse as well, very chick. I think it helped too, it showed that I have a sense of style and can really fit in the clothing department. It also means that I can help other people dress nicely as well. (As soon as I walked in, she complimented me and I knew that we had a connection.)
    Anyway, just be yourself and good luck!
    Oh and try to remember that personality questions from the online will be asked and checked for being truthful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if you did a great job and noone praised you?   View Answers (2)
    Still have a second interview.

Macys Mens Shoe Department Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in January 2013.

Manager made me feel comfortable told me to take my time and not be nervous. Common situational questions very easy
    How would you celebrate a purchase?
    why Macy's?
    example when you were part of a team what was your role?
    how would you sell a Macy's credit card? etc

Interview Questions
    • how would you upscale jeans to bigger purchases?   View Answer

I was aiming for 8 dollars an up offer was 7.50 and 7.25 during training process this was not my first retail job.

Macy's/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in July 2012.

A lot of situations were given ("What would you do") and you were to answer in how you would act or react to that situation. Manager asked what interests you in retail and if you had any prior experience to customer service.

Interview Questions
    • A bulk of the questions are directed toward your personal life: i.e, If you go to school currently, what are your hobbies, etc.   Answer Question

Men's Clothing and Shoes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

I applied online and then received an email the next day to schedule an interview online. I scheduled the interview for the next day. They asked the basic questions like why do you want to work at Macys and what if questions. Offered me a choice of jobs to chose from right after the interview. I took the one with the best pay that would fit into my schedule. I was only looking for part-time hours.

No negotiation

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!