Macy's Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Did not get what I applied for.(had 2 interviews) I was asked some personal, non job related questions.**see below in interview questions 4 details. NO communication about hourly rate or hours/schedule.(details you pick up along the way) Not really shown much you have to ask. You must be a quick self taught learner or it will be a difficult and stressful place to work. Many friendly employees. I like the diversity,culture and want to be a part of Macy's. Training needs a little improvement. The flexibility of most of the employees at macy's is very good.

Interview Questions

• Do you have kids,are you married, Are you going to school.(these put me on the spot and was uncomfortable) Not job related. I believe these questions didn't have anything to do with experience in my opinion. I guess it could go either way depending on who you talk to.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through college recruiting. I met a recruiter on my campus and was directed to apply online through my college's career service website. I was then contacted for the initial interview, which consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute business case. The night before the interview I attended a "pre-night" session. This is crucial! Go to this. The case involved selecting an employee to invest time in coaching to improve overall sales. I then was contacted for an on-site interview. We had a webinar the Monday before the event that had some information on logistics. The on-site interview is a two-day process. The first day consists of an orientation, a tour, and a networking dinner. The second day consists of our interviews: 1 behavioral, 1 based on questions they have about you from the online assessments, an individual business case, and a group exercise. I met some great people throughout the interview process and learned a lot, but one of my issues was that during the webinar, one of the recruiters told us that there is a job for each of us if we were the right people. This is a little misleading in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to convey something unpleasant to a supervisor.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (The Woodlands, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

HR person called and then they rescheduled. After rescheduled called and started explaining why the last interview didn't happen. Then HR asked why I didn't check the overnight button? I told the store is closed at 9 pm. HR told me there is some overnight work involved. Sounds like a lie to me. I told him applied for the shifts I could work days and evenings. HR then said your not needed and refused the interview !! That is it...

Visual Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I had been wanting to get into visual merchandising for a long time so when I got the call for an interview I was so excited! The day of the interview I couldn't have been more prepared and I drove an hour away to get there. Obviously that's how bad I wanted the job, anyways I drove all that way just to hear them say the position was filled. I never have been so disappointed. I understand they may have had other interviews, but they don't take the time to interview everyone and then decide? And they couldn't have called me ahead of time to let me know? They took the time to call and schedule an interview? They just told me to apply for other positions, but they were positions I wasn't interested in. I did get a second call from a different location and got to interview with them and it went great! Very comfortable and nice people. It was more than one person so it made me nervous at first, but talking with them made me feel right at home.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was recruited from an interview fair on campus in April. I was then contacted for a phone interview a week and a half later, and then had a video interview later that week. At the beginning of May, I was flown out for a two-day interview. The first day consisted of introductions, a store walk through, and a very nice dinner. The second day we had a series of four interviews and two discussions. The four interviews consisted of two one-on-one interviews, an individual business acumen interview, and finally a group interview. The two discussions consisted of great information about the company and the program. The following week I received an offer and accepted it. The whole process was amazing, and I felt as though they really cared about their candidates, regardless of if they were to get an offer or not. We were treated really well (the hotel was great), and the people running the interview process were super nice. It was a really great learning experience, and I would recommend Macy's as a company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time you had a disagreement with your boss, and how did you confront the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (The Woodlands, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I have to pass an aplication online, that it was not easy and they called for an interview. They ask me about differents aspects of the person that I am, like integrity and the experience that I had and how it would help me for this job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time were you change someone's mind about something   Answer Question

I wanted a full time job and I though that they weren't offering enough

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview, I've applied more than once, and then i finally got a call, it was a phone interview first I didn't feel the pay and the work rendered will be worth it, so i declined the offer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Jesus, guys, no one on here told me I had to check in at the AST office! I got there 30 min early, sat in the gift registry for 40 min like a little punk before I talked to someone. A metro-looking guy interviewed me, who seemed nice, but no handshake or smile goodbye means no job. They said there were no positions open for my availability, even though it was on my application, so I'm sure it was a nice way of saying, "We're not looking for someone like you."

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's? How would you pitch an idea to someone? How would you sell a Macy's Rewards Card? Have you ever seen a coworker do something unethical and what did you do? How would you first interact with a customer? What's something you'd say to encourage a customer to buy something?   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied in store. The process took me 15 minutes to complete. Got an email after 3 days for interviewing. I had to go through 2 interviews to get the job. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview went really well. The person who interviewed me was very nice and energetic. She asked basic questions. Such as why Macy's? How are you with people etc. She also asked a lot of scenario questions. After the interview she left and then came back into the room within a matter of minutes and offered me an open position. Overall the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you used teamwork to achieve a task?   Answer Question
    • If you just sold jeans to a customer how would get them to come back next time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fast. Minimum wage. Macy's discount. Must have open availability Saturday and Sunday.