Macy's

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and then got an email saying that I had been invited to interview with them. I called and set uo an interview. The interview was very easy, she asked a few scenario questions in which I answered. I was then hired on the spot, she told me the starting salary and I accepted the offer. Directly after that I was taken to the HR office and I had to fill out a few forms for a background check.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $8.00 an hour which is more than minimum wage so I did not negotiate.
the only problem is that it's on call and there is no guarantee of hours.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

Interview Details – Okay I applied for Macy's at Willowbrook Mall in Houston on Monday night. and by Thursday I received an email that i was invited to do an interview. Well since I am pretty much a planner. I came on this site and looked at questions that Macy's used in the interview. so i put on the questions on note cards and practiced just in case. So i arrived there and had to wait for about 5-10 minutes. my interviewer was a little late but i didnt mind. After she apologized, we went straight into a room and started the interview. I believe the interview was pretty easy. I was only asked 3 questions. probably because it was seasonal. the first question right off the bat was "Why Macy's". after the questions were over, she gave me an option for sale associate or recovery.Since this was my first job, i kinda wanted to start fairly easy, so i decided to do recovery. which is pretty much making sure the store is clean. Since i am going to school, i had to do night time recovery. I pretty much have a open schedule so i have to set my hours with first come first serve. after they got my packet with orientation and training, code of conduct, and yada yada. and i had to get on the computer to do my new employee and fill out payment, taxes, and other stuff.and that was basically it . so now i have orientation (10-17-11) and computer training (10-19-11)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Retail Support Associate Interview

Retail Support Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in February 2012.

Interview Details – Let me start of by saying that I came to this website prior to my interview and found everything stated on here to be true so I had an idea of what to expect but did not think it would really happen. I applied on-line for the part-time position and that same day, I received an email to set up an interview. The day of my interview, I arrived early and found the AST office closed. Another interviewee had arrived before me and she had notified an employee. Every employee that passed by smiled courteously and informed someone else of our presence outside the office. I noticed that although they were friendly to us, they were not the same way with their co-workers. Finally, two office assistants arrived and to our surprise, the person in charge of interviewing for the available position had been absent for what seemed like a couple of days and they immediately scrambled to get anyone. In the end, I was interviewed by a Sales Associate who read questions straight from a paper and took notes of my answers. She was a pleasant person but unfortunately could not provide me with acurate information concerning the position. However, she did inform me that the interview went well but her only concern was my availability (I needed to be more flexible because at least once a month I would have to work the whole day if necessary).

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and a member was not collaborating, what did you do and what was the outcome?   View Answer
  • Give me an example where you were asked to do something unethical, what did you do and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Men's Clothing and Shoes Interview

Men's Clothing and Shoes
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and then received an email the next day to schedule an interview online. I scheduled the interview for the next day. They asked the basic questions like why do you want to work at Macys and what if questions. Offered me a choice of jobs to chose from right after the interview. I took the one with the best pay that would fit into my schedule. I was only looking for part-time hours.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Support Associate Interview

Support Associate
Houston, TX

Interview Details – I received a phone call ..went to the interview..I was asked if i am reliable and put to work ..FYI if they call you in the want to hire you.The managers are very very busy so if you interview your a shoe in.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Several Positions Interview

Several Positions
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in July 2011.

Interview Details – I had three separate interviews. The great thing about Macy's interviews is that if the interviewing manager does not think that you are a great fit for their department, they will refer you to another department's manager. The first manager referred me to another department. I met with that manager the next day. She stated that things looked good and referred me to the hiring manager of her department. The third interview took place two days later. I met with one of the top floor managers and after another interview, she offered me a job on the spot.

The questions and possible responses on this site was very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Salary was negotiable. I was pleased.

Fitting Room Attendant Interview

Fitting Room Attendant
Humble, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in to do an interview about 2 days after I put in my online application. The manager interviewing was so nice.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

Interview Details – hiring process was quick and easy.. one interview then offered a position.

Interview Question – none. Its easy peasy   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in June 2009.

Interview Details – This went well and quick. No wait time on their part.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Back Room/Stock Interview

Back Room/Stock
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Interview Details – I basically applied online like every other candidate, and later received a email a couple of days later. I called the store and setup an interview approximately 2 days later. I went in and they asked me general questions, and he basically offered me the position on the spot. No room for negotiation, and the pay was low at $7.75. I offered a call back, but I never called back because the low pay rate.

Interview Question – All of the questions we're easy honestly.   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!