Macy's

2.1

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Back Room/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

I basically applied online like every other candidate, and later received a email a couple of days later. I called the store and setup an interview approximately 2 days later. I went in and they asked me general questions, and he basically offered me the position on the spot. No room for negotiation, and the pay was low at $7.75. I offered a call back, but I never called back because the low pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. Did not get what I applied for.(had 2 interviews) I was asked some personal, non job related questions.**see below in interview questions 4 details.

NO communication about hourly rate or hours/schedule.(details you pick up along the way) Not really shown much you have to ask. You must be a quick self taught learner or it will be a difficult and stressful place to work. Many friendly employees.

I like the diversity,culture and want to be a part of Macy's. Training needs a little improvement. The flexibility of most of the employees at macy's is very good.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have kids,are you married, Are you going to school.(these put me on the spot and was uncomfortable) Not job related. I believe these questions didn't have anything to do with experience in my opinion. I guess it could go either way depending on who you talk to.   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Applied online and received a call back within 3 days. Went online to schedule my appointment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Used one of the reviews here. Got offered a position. Thank you.
    The manager was very nice and I passed the interview, but the other manager for that exact department was not working that day, so I will follow up the day after.
    But I am confident that I'll get a job.
    I have had a Macy's interview before and was not offered a position. They told me "we'll call you". The manager from this interview told me they tell that to everyone who didn't pass the interview.
    I wore a black satin dress with some flowers, black tights, black pumps and a jacket. A simple leather purse as well, very chick. I think it helped too, it showed that I have a sense of style and can really fit in the clothing department. It also means that I can help other people dress nicely as well. (As soon as I walked in, she complimented me and I knew that we had a connection.)
    Anyway, just be yourself and good luck!
    Oh and try to remember that personality questions from the online will be asked and checked for being truthful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if you did a great job and noone praised you?   View Answers (2)
    Still have a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2013.

I was interviewed by the store manager. She was a very friendly person and was very much committed to her job. She asked a ton of overly complicated questions and was very pushy about meeting sales goal, even when she admitted there would be slow times. Seemed like a lot of baloney for a minimum wage retail job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would meet or exceed sales goals during a slow sales time?   Answer Question

Macys Mens Shoe Department Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in January 2013.

Manager made me feel comfortable told me to take my time and not be nervous. Common situational questions very easy
    How would you celebrate a purchase?
    why Macy's?
    example when you were part of a team what was your role?
    how would you sell a Macy's credit card? etc

Interview Questions
    • how would you upscale jeans to bigger purchases?   View Answer

I was aiming for 8 dollars an up offer was 7.50 and 7.25 during training process this was not my first retail job.

Macy's/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's in July 2012.

A lot of situations were given ("What would you do") and you were to answer in how you would act or react to that situation. Manager asked what interests you in retail and if you had any prior experience to customer service.

Interview Questions
    • A bulk of the questions are directed toward your personal life: i.e, If you go to school currently, what are your hobbies, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in June 2012.

Got a second interview and the next manager told me it was out of the question based on my availability. After making me wait 30 minutes.

Men's Clothing and Shoes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

I applied online and then received an email the next day to schedule an interview online. I scheduled the interview for the next day. They asked the basic questions like why do you want to work at Macys and what if questions. Offered me a choice of jobs to chose from right after the interview. I took the one with the best pay that would fit into my schedule. I was only looking for part-time hours.

No negotiation

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

I received a phone call ..went to the interview..I was asked if i am reliable and put to work ..FYI if they call you in the want to hire you.The managers are very very busy so if you interview your a shoe in.