Macy's Human Resources Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.0

Human Resources Manager Interview

Contacted through email by a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. Spoke over the phone at the agreed upon date/time for about 30 minutes. Recruiter lead the conversation and I was asked for questions at the end.

Interview Questions
  • What is the purpose of a Human Resources professional?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Macy's.

It has been a good interview process so far. I am still in process with them. Initial interviewer put me at ease and offered good detail about the company and the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in February 2012.

I was contacted via email after I submitted my resume online to schedule an interview. At the face to face interview many situation type questions, how do you handle multiple projects, keep yourself organized etc...
    Scheduled immediately for a 2nd interview with the manager. Declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific time when you worked with someone who wasn't carrying their full weight   Answer Question

pay was not was expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in March 2009.

A former colleague recruited me for an open position. The screening interviews took longer than I expected but the people were extremely friendly, easy to talk to. When I went to Cincinnati for the final rounds of interviews the logistics went extremely well. Again, all the people who interviewed me made me feel welcome, were genuinely curious about my experience and possible future contribution. Overall the interviewing and hiring was great. The on boarding process left a lot to be desired. It consisted of a two hour meeting with an HR Manager who gave me lots of information all at once. The initial training for the role was non-existent. I basically fended for myself. Luckily I had a wonderful supervisor who helped me a great deal and answered questions for me.

Interview Questions
    • Rather than asking me to answer questions about my experience and knowledge, I was asked a lot of "what if" and "How would you..." questions. I had a hard time answering as some scenarios seemed so esoteric.   View Answers (3)
    I really didn't have to negotiate. The salary was more than I expected. The relocation package was generous and very easy to manage. They had a health benefit package that didn't start for six months. That was the only think I didn't like. But there was no negotiating it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in September 2008.

The interview began with a telephone interview which covered the basic questions: experience, education, etc. The second interview was a one on one interview and the employer had a list of questions already prepared. The interviewer throughly reviewed my resume. I had previous experience working in a Macy's retail store. The enviorment was very uptight and conservative.

Interview Questions
    The pay is based on work experience and education; it is also based on what others in similar positions make. The company overall can be very hard lined on what they are willing pay; some negotiation is acceptable just dont over do it.