Macy's

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.6

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

The interview was not very hard. The questions were very straight forward and clear. The interviewer was particularly looking for a knowledgeable person, who is passionate about the subject. There were a few questions about the company in particular. Also there were a few personal questions regarding interests, goals and plans.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the time, when you had to change other people's opinion and you succeeded in it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

on round to determine summer internship programs: let you know within 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioral questions so there were none that were too difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interviewed on campus. Asked basic behavior questions. 2 thirty minute interviews

Intern Interview

2 back to back 30 min interviews. 1 standard, one problem solving. Not the hardest interview, not the easiest. Just be well prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Review sales score sheet and making a management decision   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

Consisted of a Small Behavioral Case and then A Set of Behavioral Questions.

Intern Interview

interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

I uploaded my resume to my campus career website. Macy's contacted me shortly after to schedule an on campus interview. I then attended an information session where they basically told me everything they wanted to hear during the interview. The interview went well and the interviewer told me on the spot I did a great job. I was contacted by a recruiter about three weeks later saying I got the internship.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

it was a behavioral interview with one manager.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if...
      What did you do when you encounter this problem .... these type of questions

Answer Question

Applied online, phone screening

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Summit application online, then you will be emailed to complete retail quiz, next step is a phone interview with the college relations team, then after the phone interview in person or video chat interview with both Macys department stores and Macys.com. Once all that was complete you hear back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation that did not require numbers to solve, but you did use numbers to solve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

The Interview was a two part process. The first part was an analysis of a sample store, including associate performance. The second was a one-on-one interview, which searched for personality and job skills.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in which you displayed skills as a leader.   Answer Question