Macy's Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview

Signed up to interview through university job board. Was instructed to apply online for internship through Macy's, and took a 30 minute personality test before actual interview occurred. After being selected for a first round interview, found that it consisted of two parts: a one-on-one interview with a store manager and a case study scenario.

Interview Questions

• The case study was difficult because of preparation time constraints.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview

30 of behavior with one manager and 30 mins of case study with another manager. The behavior included common question like your greatest strength/weakness. The case study was where the manager give you a sheet of paper with 5 employees with their personal traits and selling records for the past few months. Then, he left for fifteen minutes and told you to analyze the information and decide how the bonus should be split and who should be promoted. Each person had flaws, whether personality or technical so I don't really know exactly if there was a right answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important? Technical skills or being able to work in a group of diverse people   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Summit application online, then you will be emailed to complete retail quiz, next step is a phone interview with the college relations team, then after the phone interview in person or video chat interview with both Macys department stores and Macys.com. Once all that was complete you hear back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation that did not require numbers to solve, but you did use numbers to solve?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Submitted my resume online through my university. I was contacted a few days later saying they wanted to interview me and had scheduled an on-campus interview. All the potential candidates have to go the night before for a Q and A session about the position.

The interview was mainly just behavioral questions "explain/tell me about a time..." Make sure you study up on their company culture and work that they do in the community.

Interview Questions

• They had me do a case study on different employees and explain different steps you would take with different employees based on their personalities and recent sales accomplishments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Tucson, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

I attended the Career Fair at school and spoke to a recruiter about the company. I was then invited for an information session in our student union to get more information about the summer management internship. After that, I applied online via LinkedIn and was called for an interview. I was out of town for the interview so mine was over the phone. Very professional and nice!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied on campus through my school's career services site and got the interview. It was only one round of fit/behavioral interviews on campus; there was a pre-interview night they hosted on campus that was primarily just a panel of questioning and some networking.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in January 2015.

Interview

I met with 2 interviewers and spoke to each for 30 minutes back to back. They asked behavioral questions. They were very friendly and told me I did a great job at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

There were two interviews, the first one with the head of college relations and once you pass that one; you interview with your potential boss.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unexpected questions, all standard questions to be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non existent. Very informal in that sense, and they always assume you automatically accept once you apply within the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Asked basic behavior questions. 2 thirty minute interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Boston, MA).

Interview

The Interview was a two part process. The first part was an analysis of a sample store, including associate performance. The second was a one-on-one interview, which searched for personality and job skills.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you displayed skills as a leader.   Answer Question