Macy's

Updated Mar 4, 2014

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview Details – 30 of behavior with one manager and 30 mins of case study with another manager. The behavior included common question like your greatest strength/weakness. The case study was where the manager give you a sheet of paper with 5 employees with their personal traits and selling records for the past few months. Then, he left for fifteen minutes and told you to analyze the information and decide how the bonus should be split and who should be promoted. Each person had flaws, whether personality or technical so I don't really know exactly if there was a right answer.

Interview Question – What do you think is the most important? Technical skills or being able to work in a group of diverse people   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Signed up to interview through university job board. Was instructed to apply online for internship through Macy's, and took a 30 minute personality test before actual interview occurred. After being selected for a first round interview, found that it consisted of two parts: a one-on-one interview with a store manager and a case study scenario.

Interview Question – The case study was difficult because of preparation time constraints.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in January 2012.

Interview Details – There were two interviews, the first one with the head of college relations and once you pass that one; you interview with your potential boss.

Interview Question – There really weren't any unexpected questions, all standard questions to be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent. Very informal in that sense, and they always assume you automatically accept once you apply within the company.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

Interview Details – You meet with two people but one on one. The first one is more about your skills and the second one focuses on your personality and work attitude. The first few questions are very general, such as: "tell me more about yourself, what are some of your goals, how do you handle certain circumstances and so on.

Interview Question – What do you feel is the best way to deal with a bad employee?   Answer Question

Secaucus, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was organized at the company headquarters and there were five interviews in a day. The interviews were conducted by representative of all departments. It was a fast paced but not a tiring experience as the interviewers were very friendly. The interview was behavioral in nature. It was my best interview experience so far.

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was able to choose the time I had the interview at. We were asked to bring a visual example of our work.
I did the interview with 6 other candidates. We were asked one question; why we wanted to intern for Macy's Special Events Department. Then the Special Productions Manager did the presentation of the Macy's Passport event. Finally we were asked to talk about the example we brought.
One week later I was informed by email that I was selected to be one of their interns.
I would advice the future candidates to be themselves.
From my point of view, the office environment was friendly and professional.

Interview Question – Why do you want to intern for Macy's Special Events Department?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus. Asked basic behavior questions. 2 thirty minute interviews

Interview Question – tell me about the last time you visited macys   Answer Question

Intern

Interview Details – Met recruiters on campus. Applied online through our university job board. Received opportunity to interview. Basic questions. Mostly behavioral. This is a two part interview though.

Interview Question – There is a case interview portion. Make sure to convey your point with confidence.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – The Interview was a two part process. The first part was an analysis of a sample store, including associate performance. The second was a one-on-one interview, which searched for personality and job skills.

Interview Question – Explain a time in which you displayed skills as a leader.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Consisted of a Small Behavioral Case and then A Set of Behavioral Questions.

Interview Question – The behavioral case.   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!