Macy's

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.6

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Signed up to interview through university job board. Was instructed to apply online for internship through Macy's, and took a 30 minute personality test before actual interview occurred. After being selected for a first round interview, found that it consisted of two parts: a one-on-one interview with a store manager and a case study scenario.

Interview Questions
  • The case study was difficult because of preparation time constraints.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

30 of behavior with one manager and 30 mins of case study with another manager. The behavior included common question like your greatest strength/weakness. The case study was where the manager give you a sheet of paper with 5 employees with their personal traits and selling records for the past few months. Then, he left for fifteen minutes and told you to analyze the information and decide how the bonus should be split and who should be promoted. Each person had flaws, whether personality or technical so I don't really know exactly if there was a right answer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important? Technical skills or being able to work in a group of diverse people   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Summit application online, then you will be emailed to complete retail quiz, next step is a phone interview with the college relations team, then after the phone interview in person or video chat interview with both Macys department stores and Macys.com. Once all that was complete you hear back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation that did not require numbers to solve, but you did use numbers to solve?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Submitted my resume online through my university. I was contacted a few days later saying they wanted to interview me and had scheduled an on-campus interview. All the potential candidates have to go the night before for a Q and A session about the position.

The interview was mainly just behavioral questions "explain/tell me about a time..." Make sure you study up on their company culture and work that they do in the community.

Interview Questions
    • They had me do a case study on different employees and explain different steps you would take with different employees based on their personalities and recent sales accomplishments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in January 2012.

There were two interviews, the first one with the head of college relations and once you pass that one; you interview with your potential boss.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any unexpected questions, all standard questions to be honest.   Answer Question
    non existent. Very informal in that sense, and they always assume you automatically accept once you apply within the company.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interviewed on campus. Asked basic behavior questions. 2 thirty minute interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

The Interview was a two part process. The first part was an analysis of a sample store, including associate performance. The second was a one-on-one interview, which searched for personality and job skills.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in which you displayed skills as a leader.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Met recruiters on campus. Applied online through our university job board. Received opportunity to interview. Basic questions. Mostly behavioral. This is a two part interview though.

Interview Questions
    • There is a case interview portion. Make sure to convey your point with confidence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in June 2010.

The interview was organized at the company headquarters and there were five interviews in a day. The interviews were conducted by representative of all departments. It was a fast paced but not a tiring experience as the interviewers were very friendly. The interview was behavioral in nature. It was my best interview experience so far.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

You meet with two people but one on one. The first one is more about your skills and the second one focuses on your personality and work attitude. The first few questions are very general, such as: "tell me more about yourself, what are some of your goals, how do you handle certain circumstances and so on.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is the best way to deal with a bad employee?   Answer Question