Macy's Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Submitted my resume online through my university. I was contacted a few days later saying they wanted to interview me and had scheduled an on-campus interview. All the potential candidates have to go the night before for a Q and A session about the position.

The interview was mainly just behavioral questions "explain/tell me about a time..." Make sure you study up on their company culture and work that they do in the community.

Interview Questions
  • They had me do a case study on different employees and explain different steps you would take with different employees based on their personalities and recent sales accomplishments.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

on round to determine summer internship programs: let you know within 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioral questions so there were none that were too difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's.

Interviewed on campus. Asked basic behavior questions. 2 thirty minute interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in January 2012.

There were two interviews, the first one with the head of college relations and once you pass that one; you interview with your potential boss.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any unexpected questions, all standard questions to be honest.   Answer Question
    non existent. Very informal in that sense, and they always assume you automatically accept once you apply within the company.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

30 of behavior with one manager and 30 mins of case study with another manager. The behavior included common question like your greatest strength/weakness. The case study was where the manager give you a sheet of paper with 5 employees with their personal traits and selling records for the past few months. Then, he left for fifteen minutes and told you to analyze the information and decide how the bonus should be split and who should be promoted. Each person had flaws, whether personality or technical so I don't really know exactly if there was a right answer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important? Technical skills or being able to work in a group of diverse people   View Answer

Intern Interview

2 back to back 30 min interviews. 1 standard, one problem solving. Not the hardest interview, not the easiest. Just be well prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Review sales score sheet and making a management decision   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Consisted of a Small Behavioral Case and then A Set of Behavioral Questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

it was a behavioral interview with one manager.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if...
      What did you do when you encounter this problem .... these type of questions
        Answer Question

Applied online, phone screening

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Met recruiters on campus. Applied online through our university job board. Received opportunity to interview. Basic questions. Mostly behavioral. This is a two part interview though.

Interview Questions
    • There is a case interview portion. Make sure to convey your point with confidence.   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!