Macy's Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Submitted my resume online through my university. I was contacted a few days later saying they wanted to interview me and had scheduled an on-campus interview. All the potential candidates have to go the night before for a Q and A session about the position.

The interview was mainly just behavioral questions "explain/tell me about a time..." Make sure you study up on their company culture and work that they do in the community.

Interview Questions
  • They had me do a case study on different employees and explain different steps you would take with different employees based on their personalities and recent sales accomplishments.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

on round to determine summer internship programs: let you know within 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioral questions so there were none that were too difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's.

Interviewed on campus. Asked basic behavior questions. 2 thirty minute interviews

Intern Interview

2 back to back 30 min interviews. 1 standard, one problem solving. Not the hardest interview, not the easiest. Just be well prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Review sales score sheet and making a management decision   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Consisted of a Small Behavioral Case and then A Set of Behavioral Questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

it was a behavioral interview with one manager.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if...
      What did you do when you encounter this problem .... these type of questions
        Answer Question

Applied online, phone screening

Intern Interview

Applied online, had two separate 1:1 interviews totaling an hour. Everyone was exceedingly friendly, and the process was relatively painless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

The Interview was a two part process. The first part was an analysis of a sample store, including associate performance. The second was a one-on-one interview, which searched for personality and job skills.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in which you displayed skills as a leader.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Signed up to interview through university job board. Was instructed to apply online for internship through Macy's, and took a 30 minute personality test before actual interview occurred. After being selected for a first round interview, found that it consisted of two parts: a one-on-one interview with a store manager and a case study scenario.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was difficult because of preparation time constraints.   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!