Macy's Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I obtained the interview after attending several on-campus recruitment events. I started to build a relationship with the head recruiter and soon after applied for the Buying/Planning internships offered at my specific university.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Macy's?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2015.

Interview

I met with 2 interviewers and spoke to each for 30 minutes back to back. They asked behavioral questions. They were very friendly and told me I did a great job at the end.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied on campus through my school's career services site and got the interview. It was only one round of fit/behavioral interviews on campus; there was a pre-interview night they hosted on campus that was primarily just a panel of questioning and some networking.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Tucson, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

I attended the Career Fair at school and spoke to a recruiter about the company. I was then invited for an information session in our student union to get more information about the summer management internship. After that, I applied online via LinkedIn and was called for an interview. I was out of town for the interview so mine was over the phone. Very professional and nice!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I attended several networking events and company presentations. During this period I networked with a bunch of alums and the head recruiter. I also emailed back and forth with several Macy's employees. Just show your enthusiasm and network with as many people as possible. The interview consists of two 30 minute interviews with two different interviewers. It was primarily a behavioral interview and wasn't that challenging. It was very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used quantitative analysis to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Summit application online, then you will be emailed to complete retail quiz, next step is a phone interview with the college relations team, then after the phone interview in person or video chat interview with both Macys department stores and Macys.com. Once all that was complete you hear back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation that did not require numbers to solve, but you did use numbers to solve?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview

I uploaded my resume to my campus career website. Macy's contacted me shortly after to schedule an on campus interview. I then attended an information session where they basically told me everything they wanted to hear during the interview. The interview went well and the interviewer told me on the spot I did a great job. I was contacted by a recruiter about three weeks later saying I got the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was not very hard. The questions were very straight forward and clear. The interviewer was particularly looking for a knowledgeable person, who is passionate about the subject. There were a few questions about the company in particular. Also there were a few personal questions regarding interests, goals and plans.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time, when you had to change other people's opinion and you succeeded in it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Submitted my resume online through my university. I was contacted a few days later saying they wanted to interview me and had scheduled an on-campus interview. All the potential candidates have to go the night before for a Q and A session about the position. The interview was mainly just behavioral questions "explain/tell me about a time..." Make sure you study up on their company culture and work that they do in the community.

Interview Questions

• They had me do a case study on different employees and explain different steps you would take with different employees based on their personalities and recent sales accomplishments.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

on round to determine summer internship programs: let you know within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral questions so there were none that were too difficult.   Answer Question