Macy's

2,264 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Macys By Mail, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview Details – First of all, when I got there they were not ready for me. They were not aware that there was an afternoon interview. When my papers were through, which took almost an hour, I was called. Interview went really great. HR advisor asked questions and I answered them all to the best of my knowledge. I had a second interview immediately after that with the department but it was short and she basically offered me the job and told me she would be calling so I could fill out more paperwork.

Interview Question – I can't quite remember the question verbatim but it was asking to explain a time where we witnessed a wrong doing in the work environment and how we handled it.   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online. Scheduled an interview for the next week.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw a co-worker steal an item?   Answer Question

Executive Development Program- NYC Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted for initial phone interview after submitting program application. 30 min phone conversation with basic questions including previous internship experience and business skills. Contacted after a month or so for an in-person/skype interview. Went to office for 30 min interview and was asked similar questions to phone interview. Contacted two weeks later saying I did not make it to the next round of interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a time you worked with a group in which you had trouble, and what did you do to fix it.   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Sale Associate Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – You have to apply for the position online. If accepted, you will receive an email with instruction on how to schedule an interview. At the interview, you will be taken into a generic room where the interviewer will ask some pretty basic retail sales related questions - how would you handle rude customers, give an example of a difficult situation, etc.

Interview Question – How would I handle co-worker theft?   View Answer

Commission Sales/Shoe Deot Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in November 2011.

Interview Details – This was interview for Commission Sales after having been in another department previously. Questions were similar to those asked for most sales positions but little said about the sheer physical stamina needed to do this job during busy season. This should not be overlooked as it definitely influences ones success.

Interview Question – Nohing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Doral, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in January 2013.

Interview Details – I researched common interview questions and desired answers and sold it at time of interview my interviewer was really nice and she offered me the job on the spot, i accepted, they really want to sale the companys values and credit card

Interview Question – what is your weakness, and what do you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

Interview Details – My interview at Macy's was very laid back. I went in dressed up, met with a hiring manager, we discussed my past work experiences and how I'd go about handling things that could arise at Macy's. It's a pretty staight forward interview, it's not too difficult to pass. Macy's standards are pretty relaxed to me.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

On Call Sales Associate - Cosmetics Interview

Bay Shore, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Filled out online application and got an email back quickly asking me to schedule an appointment. Went into HR where I waited for awhile before a manager started the interview. All the questions were from a printed sheet and asked a lot about how you would sell something or how you would get a customer to do this or that. Easy to make up stuff if you're not sure in my opinion. Then she told me she was the manager of Cosmetics and that they had an on-call position open. I've never worked in cosmetics, but I accepted.

Interview Question – How would you get a customer to open up a Macy's charge card?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was ignorant.

Interview Question – She asked no questions, just said someone else might call me. So a week later, I called her back, and she said that someone else would review my application. No one called me. An ex employee I knew called HR and reccomended me for the job. Then, I was called back in, and then she said the manager would contact me. Later on that week, the manager called me, and gave me the job.   Answer Question

Management Intern Interview

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Very pleasant and professional interview; one hour divided into two 30 min. meetings with a recruiter and current manager, respectively. Behavioral questions/resume walk-through, followed by case study and situational questions.

Interview Question – Based on the information given, which of your employees requires the most additional motivation? How would you go about accomplishing that?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's interview questions and advice. All 2,264 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.