Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
2,767 Interview Reviews

2.3

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interviewing process wasn't really all that difficult. For the First interview it was just the basics : "Tell me about a time when..." and "How would you handle this situation". I got called back for a second interview, but they told me the position was filled and offered me another position instead which was great.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel better if they're feeling guilty about leaving the store without buying anything?   View Answer

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interview was simple and the person interviewing was very kind. She asked about previous jobs and why I'd had left. We made small talk and we had a few laughs. It was very forward and fast.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time when you had to make a difficult choice? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and got an email the day after saying they want to have a phone interview with me. Two days later, I randomly got a call and was interviewed on the spot. They called back again about 2 or 3 days later and asked more about my availability and was hired as a seasonal support associate, eventually became a permanent sales associate.

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Pretty standard. Got asked how would you up a sale, what if you saw a coworker stealing, why did you apply to macy's, how you sell a mace's credit card to someone, do you work well with others, name a time you had to come to a solution to fix a problem.

Interview Questions
    • For me there was no difficult or unexpected question when I went to interview. It was just simple questions that were not hard to answer at all. Just be yourself and outgoing and you'll land the job. It's not that to get the job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

This was an extremely short interview since they want people who can work on Saturdays and only want sales people or stocking people. I was kept waiting for half an hour and there was even a private space to talk. My interview was done on the sales floor.

Associate Buyer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Went through on campus recruiting, there was preview night and then the interview was the day after. There were two interviews, both were behavioral in nature (be prepared to talk A LOT about yourself) In total it took about an hour or so, both interviewers were really cool people.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview was very easy , I had two interviews , first one was with the hiring manager then if they call u back you interview with the department manager that you will be working for/in , basic retail questions . Make sure you smile and your very confident but also polite .. Sell yourself basically .

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who is having a bad day ?   Answer Question
    No negotiation ,sarted at minimum wage

Store Management Interview

The store management internship consisted of two 30 minute interviews consisting of a behavioral interview and a case interview. Advised will be notified in two weeks on their decision. It was a fairly easy interview, just know the basis of MOM and you'll do just fine- no need to know EVERYTHING about Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral-Tell me about a time you had to make a quick decision, etc.   Answer Question

EDP Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The First round was on the phone. The questions were all very behavorial based. "Tell me a time when" or "give and example of..." If you prepare for questions like these you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you solved a problem using numbers.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

the process was intimidating the person whom i spoke to imply seems as if she wasn't into the rpcoess. the whole procedure was out of order and the whispering and giggles was not helpful either.