Macy's

2,483 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Very long and tiring but very hands off
Company relies on computer versus human to human reaction. It could be more better to get the interaction of supervisors and trainees but that is not the case.
Macy could do better with creating excitement moving forward.

Very Easy Interview

Wayne, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online. The process took a few days and then I got an email to schedule an interview. It was the easiest interview i ever got and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – No difficult question. It was all easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. It was my first real job that wasn't a temp job. The manager basically guided me through the interview and was really nice. She even gave me hints.

GIFT REGISTRY ADVISOR Interview

GIFT REGISTRY ADVISOR
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – The online application is lengthy. Then you are required to fill out a questionnaire that is a bit of a psychological profile. It's over 50 questions. I was invited to schedule an interivew, which I did. The entire process up to this point was automated. When I arrived for the interview, I was told that the person hiring for the position was off that day, and I would be interviewed by the office manager. It was clear this was a waste of my time. We went through the interview, however, which consisted of a shorter version of the online questionnaire. "What would you do if you saw a fellow employee steal." "Give an example of a time you showed integrity at work." Stuff like that. The next day I received an email telling me I was not being offered the position because of the times I indicated I was available to work. I found this humurous since I had indicated in written and verbal form that I was available days, weekends, night and holidays. When else is there?

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you showed integrity at work.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online around the Holidays. The application was pretty standard. Was called for an interview a couple of days later and met with a manager. After a brief interview that was basically what department do you want to work in, I was offered a position. It was pretty easy, but they were hiring for the holidays so that was probably why. Mostly they want to know that you will push their credit card and try to reach your sales goal.

Interview Question – Asked what my sales background was   Answer Question

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email invitation to schedule my interview online, via Macy's Scheduling Center. I scheduled an interview for the following week. The person that interviewed me read the questions from a list that she had. They do not deviate from the questionnaire, they will not try to get to know your work style on a personal level...every question is straight from the list. I was contacted via email the next day, informing me that I was not a candidate for the position.

Interview Question – All questions were customer service related...the "what would you do if" type of questions, and the "tell me a time when you experienced such and such with a customer." Typical customer advice questions.   Answer Question

Sales Aaaociate Interview

Sales Aaaociate
Sarasota, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

Interview Details – several interviews for various positions, two stores in Sarasota, various positions, one interview the Manager and I were laughing all the time we talked, only glitch-had orientation scheduled for day I worked at another job. Kinks worked out, rescheduled and started, able to take time during orientation to learn register

Interview Question – what would I do in certain situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Very Easy Interview

Visual Trimmer Interview

Visual Trimmer
DFW, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was invited to interview the next day. Scheduled interview for the following Tuesday. Very informal interview and hiring manager was very personable and easy to talk to. I was not asked to show any of my previous creative work nor my portfolio although I had it with me, very general questions were asked about my past work experiences , I was asked how well I handled tools, if I was comfortable on very high ladders, if I was able to paint...
I was asked to describe what I thought the job entailed.

Negotiation Details – They did not meet my requested salary but offered slightly higher than their standard and higher than the competing retailer who offered me a job for the same position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was basically when can you start? what time can you work? What would you like to do? and Do you plan on staying after after the seasonal position is over?

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email to schedule my interview. The interviewer was nice and started out by telling me about herself and the company. It seemed that she really liked me and said that she was excited for me to work in her department, however, the email I received stated that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Administrative Support Team Associate, Part Time Interview

Administrative Support Team Associate, Part Time

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied on line and got an e-mail for an interview. When I went to the site to schedule, there was no time slot available. I checked back every day and after 4 days, there were 2 time slots listed. I scheduled an interview and one day before the interview, someone called me from the office and said the position I applied for has been filled so there won't be any interview. But if I am still interested in other position, there will be another interview on such day. I said no thank you. I feel like I wasted my time going throgh all the qustions and all.......

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!