Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
2,604 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Stock Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Once I applied online waited 2 days, got a response via emial. She was really friendly even thou my interviewer was late. Interview was pretty straight forward wasn't hard. First question she ask was why macy as i say my answers she wasnt even looking at me too busy writing what you respond.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time where you had to work in a team and what did you do   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I waited about 30 min for the hiring manager to collect me from the waiting room, then we went to an office and the first thing she asked was about my availability. I told her only evenings on weeknights and anytime weekends, and she proceeded to tell me that their busy hours are from noon-3 and my availability would not work for that, so the interview was over and I left. I'm not sure why they didn't check what I put on my application before offering me an interview, but it was just a waste of time!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethel Park, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel Park, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied on-line. They contacted me on-line and I chose an interview day/time using their on-line system. It was rather cool. I arrived at my scheduled time and spent 30 minutes chatting with the shoe department manager. She didn't ask too difficult questions, and it was more of a conversation than anything, but effective. She offered me a job in womens' wear on the spot. I accepted. We were going to do my I-9 form right then but I didn't have the 2 forms of photo ID with me. She said someone would call me that week. No one called.

Interview Questions
    They never called me. I called them after 3 weeks and left a message. They never returned my call.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

The interview process is a two part session. The first being a phone interview where they ask you basic questions about why you want to work for Macy's . Describe a key moment or event that showcases your talent for loss prevention. Describe your previous jobs. What the best skill you have. They just want an idea of who you are. If they like you they will call you in for a personal interview. They basically ask you about previous job experiences and how you were able to handle certain situations. They ask the same questions many times about how would you react in a under pressure momemnt

Interview Questions
    • Give a time that you had to figure out what the objective was without a supervisor telling you what to do   Answer Question
    They started me at 9 dollars an hour but informed me that pay raise was very fast based on how we performed

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Nothing difficult. The interview process is very basic and not very long. They just want to know that you at least has some personality and aren't a total lunatic. I would simply suggest that you relax and be yourself without trying too hard to impress

Interview Questions
    Be honest and upfront about what you want

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

Applied online. Got an automated e-mail a month later later to set up an appointment via the appointment feature on their website. Went in a couple days later, had one interview with one of the department managers. Asked basic questions like "Tell when you had to deal with a problematic coworker", "How did you handle an upset customer", "What would you do if you saw an employee breaking the rules", etc. Real straightforward. I even fumbled with some of my answers and I was still offered a job. So just relax and be yourself.

No negotiation. Offered a dollar more than minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online via their job portal. Within a few days i received an email telling me to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the interview a few days later. I met with one of the store managers and she asked me a series of questions, mainly about my experience in different situations. She was impressed that i knew all about their Macy's credit card which she will ask about. The questions were rather unexpected so i would study up and make sure you know which situations you want to reflect on during the interview. She was ready to offer me a job but the availability wasn't available due to the holiday. Two days later i got an email telling me i wasn't selected due to my availability because i'm in school.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were on a team and explain your role as well as its outcome.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

Applied online after a job fair in Las Vegas for the new Macy's store opening in Summerlin. Interview was relaxed and typical like any other. Interviewer wasn't professionally dressed. The draw back was the offer! They can't be serious offering a 3 hours per week job!!!

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a coworker who you witnessed doing something wrong and against company policy?   View Answer

$8.25/hr and only 3 hours a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

It was one-on-one and she started off by telling me about herself, and after that we proceeded to the actual interview. She was reading a document that had all the questions she was going to ask me and she took note oft answers and my behavior. One of the questions that they really pay attention to was your answer to "How would you sell a Macy's credit card?". To admit it was really nerve wreaking because just the thought of having an interview for a really big company was making me nervous and I tried really hard to not let it show. So as the interview happened I slowly started to relax and gain confidence. She loved my bubbly personality although she didn't have a spot for me at her department so she introduced me to the merchandising manager. The merch. Manager asked me questions like how would i feel on working early mornings and my availability. I was hired right on the spot

There was none.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moreno Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call rather than the usual email within 2 days. My interview was schedule within 2 days and I will know within 2 days whether or not I got the job. I arrived about 20 minutes early and waited 25 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have that makes you think you can be a successful Sales Suoervisor? The interviewer was one tough cookie. This wasn't even the hardest question she asked.   View Answer

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!