Macy's

2,477 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Very long and tiring but very hands off
Company relies on computer versus human to human reaction. It could be more better to get the interaction of supervisors and trainees but that is not the case.
Macy could do better with creating excitement moving forward.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was basically when can you start? what time can you work? What would you like to do? and Do you plan on staying after after the seasonal position is over?

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email to schedule my interview. The interviewer was nice and started out by telling me about herself and the company. It seemed that she really liked me and said that she was excited for me to work in her department, however, the email I received stated that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Administrative Support Team Associate, Part Time Interview

Administrative Support Team Associate, Part Time

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied on line and got an e-mail for an interview. When I went to the site to schedule, there was no time slot available. I checked back every day and after 4 days, there were 2 time slots listed. I scheduled an interview and one day before the interview, someone called me from the office and said the position I applied for has been filled so there won't be any interview. But if I am still interested in other position, there will be another interview on such day. I said no thank you. I feel like I wasted my time going throgh all the qustions and all.......

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Really not a hard interview very basic questions. It's a 1on 1 interview and the only thing that I didn't like about it was if I didn't acpect the commission job I wouldn't get the job.

Interview Question – Real easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Interview Details – The process begins online into the enormous Macy's database. Everything is automated and so can take time for interview dates and times to be updated. I had 3 interviews, they were very relaxed and straightforward. Managers were all friendly.

Interview Question – Unexpected: How do you help the customer celebrate their purchase? (I didn't know celebrating a purchase was a thing)   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – I was fine verbally, but took months to iron out the details in the computer system because corporate HR dropped the ball.

Very Easy Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2013.

Interview Details – I only ever had 1 interview and was hired on the spot from what i've seen if they call you and you interview you are basically hired already. They literally will hire anyone i have noticed even those with felons and so on. Dress to impress and speak professional is all i can say.

Interview Question – None of the above this was the easiest interview i have ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Made sure they gave me the base pay I wanted.

Clackamas, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was simple and I had an answer by the end of it so I was pretty happy with the experience. I had gone through Macy's the day before to get an idea of what sales associates wear there (I have shopped there for years but never really thought about it). I would wear the dress code to the interview like I did because it seemed to impress the manager hiring me, and the dress code is very simple, just black on black in a professional sense. The interview was pretty short, maybe a half hour including going over when training would be etc.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was: What would you do if you had to gather and analyze data and come up with a final solution in a short amount of time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation, may have been because I wasn't ready for an offer at the interview.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Part-Time Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was in a room where there was more than one interview going on at a time. Which was ok. My interview went well. Basically, tell about self and go over work situations with customers, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation of the pay rate. Since basically everyone in starts at the same pay rate.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in July 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with different levels of management. Initial phone interview, then to sales manager, then to assistant store manager, then to store manager and final with member of district management team.

Interview Question – How would you sell this.....whatever was on interviewers desk. Paperclip for mine. Questions not difficult. Culture is about providing magical experience for their customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Monetary compensation to pay for health insurance which doesn't start until 6 months after hire date.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!