Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015
3,527 Interview Reviews

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for macys?   2 Answers

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Flushing, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy to someone else. I had no sales experience prior and it was my first interview so it didn't go as well. Since I was a college student he wasn't pleased with my availability once school would start. He wanted someone permanent who could work as many shifts I guess. They asked simple questions "what would you in this case" and "how would you take charge of a situation". There was one thing that bothered me. THE GUY FELL ASLEEP. I don't know if it was me since it was my first interview or if he was tired. But it just seemed very unprofessional. I think I talked too much about my work which had little to do with sales and didn't stand out. So I think experience in sales would be very helpful in getting this job. He told me my availability was sort of a problem and once I updated he would look at it and give me a call. I've heard Macy's hires right on the spot so I'm pretty sure I didn't get it. And if I did, the inflexibility would be a problem so I wouldn't take it anyway.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. I went to the interview three days later. The woman who conducted the interview was very nice. A lot of the questions were the same as the ones found here so that was very helpful. I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

It was short and simple with common retail questions. Like how would you deal with an irate customer? What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing? Name a time when you were faced with a challenge. What was the challenge and how did you get through it? What were the steps you took to overcome the challenge.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an irate customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back within about two days. Scheduled an interview. The manager that interviewed me was younger and very friendly so I felt at ease. She asked very general questions (she read off a piece of paper) and as I answered, she jot down my answer. I was hired on the spot. I was lucky to get a friendly manager to interview me since I generally get really nervous for interviews. I know that some of the managers would have given a more intimidating vibe.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email to arrange an interview for this position. It was a great experience, I interviewed with the Cosmetics Department Manager. She was lovely and made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Didn't get the position as they were looking for someone for at least a year. But she told me to come back and re-apply if my availability/plans changed. Seems like a good work environment from what I saw - but of course this varies from location to location.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email a couple days later asking for an interview and what day/time would be best for me. I had the interview a business day later. The hiring manager was very nice and friendly. The interview lasted for a good twenty minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral based.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

They emailed me to schedule an interview. I waited for an hour. When I finally talked to someone, they told me they'd call me to schedule another interview. I waited 2 days, called them, and they never got back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Okemos, MI).

Interview

Interview process was slightly easy. At the time I applied employers were just starting to incorporate the behavior based interview question model. The process in it's entirety took about 2 weeks and I was hired shortly after. No drug test was administered.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in a difficult situation? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question