Macy's

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

If they call you in for an interview, it is more than likely that you've already gotten the job. They ask pretty basic questions, nothing that wasn't far from the normal interview questions. i.e "Why do you want to work for our company? , What do you consider to be some of your strengths, etc. " It is a great job for beginners to gain experience in the customer service field.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Met a recruiter during an on-campus career fair who followed up about a week later inviting me to an information session. From there I had a first-round interview with the head recruiter. She was extremely helpful, and made the process very positive. About a week later, I had a second round interview with a regional director who asked mainly STAR and behavioral questions. He answered all of my questions, and took down location preferences. Shortly after I was invited to a two-day on-site interview at the closest regional location. They brought in about 30 candidates and we went through a series of individual and group interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions; nothing out of the ordinary the first few rounds. During the on-site interviews there were a few difficult behavioral exercises we were expected to complete with our peers. Basically what they're looking for is for those who stand out of the crowd and who are not afraid to speak up.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

the interview process was very easy and short. one of the easiest I have ever done. the wait for actual interview was linger than the interview itself. the manager filled out hiring papers before she even asked me questions

Interview Questions
    • they didn't really ask much mainly because it was seasonal and they needed positions filled quickly   Answer Question
    none

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I filled out an application online. Got emailed a few days later, went in to give the interview. I wait in the HR room, after 20 minutes got called in. The lady was nice, she said she was the young HR director or something. She was basically reading of a paper in front of her. The questions were easy I would say. After the interview was done she want to talk to the beauty manager. She came back after 5 minutes to say NO JOB WAS AVAILABLE. I'm thinking wth? Why did I come in to waste my time and give an interview then. I think they might of done that because I was overqualified and would have negotiated on pay.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you lead a team?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with putting makeup on peoples face, touching them with your hands?   Answer Question
    • How would you make clients come back to you? What is important for you to do with clients?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Macy's.

A combination of quantitative and behavioral based questions. An online aptitude test was required before on the onsite. Onsite consisted of 4 interviews and an in person case study with a presentation. The case study was a high level, open-ended merchandising scenario. A phone interview was the first step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to collaborate and lead a group to complete a mission.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online for seasonal position. Had a phone interview with one of the managers. She asked few basic question and set the training day. Got all of my paperwork done the same day, and called for a shift three days after.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer with a very negative attitude   View Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Macy's.

I met a recruiter during a career fair on campus. I turned in my application online and was invited to an info session and on-campus interview. The interview consisted of two parts. The first interviewer tried to make you feel comfortable. The second part you had to look at stats and decide which employee to coach. The second interviewer is this part was quite disinterested and seemed like he hated his job. Overall, I would say the interview process was not nerve-racking so just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of your goals? And then they asked follow up questions like 1. how did you achieve that goal and 2. what would you have done different   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Macy's.

The Process was fairly quick. Got 3 interviews all in 1 week and got a job offer. I was told to apply at the store computers which reach to the management faster, then got called in 4 days. Got interviewed with Cosmetics Department Manager, 2 days later got interviewed by another Manager, and then same day got Interviewed by the Brand Manager, 2 days got a job offer.

Product Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

They came to campus for a career fair. Met them there, then applied for internship and was accepted for interview. Interviewed and received respond about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain M.O.M.M.
      Describe an internship where you learned about how a business works.

Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Question and Answer session was pretty standard. The interview overall was very quick. The interview seemed a little dry, not many opportunities to "tell them about yourself" or highlight positive aspects of your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you witnessed a wrong doing and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question