Macy's

2,182 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Retail Sale Associate Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – You have to apply for the position online. If accepted, you will receive an email with instruction on how to schedule an interview. At the interview, you will be taken into a generic room where the interviewer will ask some pretty basic retail sales related questions - how would you handle rude customers, give an example of a difficult situation, etc.

Interview Question – How would I handle co-worker theft?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Macys By Mail, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview Details – First of all, when I got there they were not ready for me. They were not aware that there was an afternoon interview. When my papers were through, which took almost an hour, I was called. Interview went really great. HR advisor asked questions and I answered them all to the best of my knowledge. I had a second interview immediately after that with the department but it was short and she basically offered me the job and told me she would be calling so I could fill out more paperwork.

Interview Question – I can't quite remember the question verbatim but it was asking to explain a time where we witnessed a wrong doing in the work environment and how we handled it.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Merchandizer Interview

Newport News, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in September 2012.

Interview Details – When I went for my interview, I spoke with a sales manager for 15 minutes and was hired on the spot. They were on top of everything and I started my position in a timely manner.

Interview Question – I didn't have any questions like this asked.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Associate Interview

New Hartford, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

Interview Details – The online application and questions did take some time. I was invited for an interview quickly. The interview was very nice, easy to understand, non intimidating. I was hired.

Interview Question – If another employee was constantly breaking the rules and or late getting back from their break and it was impeding on your break would you inform your manager. Would you address the employee yourself. Explain a situation where you had to take control of a situation. What would you say to a customer after helping them find a perfect pair of pants. Not a hard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were four positions available. The position that I applied for in Jewelry was not available. The four positions were men's and wom part time and full time. Also a one or two day a week pt admin position paying 9.25hr. the rest 8.00.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Macy's in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was definitely geared around determining your diplomacy skills, demeanor, decision making skills and resolve.

Non-Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied and was scheduled to interview two days later, though the interview was not for another week and a half. I expressed interest in a full time position. The questions were all pretty run of the mill. I was offered a position on the spot, however it was only Part Time 5, which is 3-8 guaranteed hours a week.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult, and especially not unexpected.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Some managers will try to intimidate you since some they have a very diverse work force under them. So, don't be nervous and relax and show them that you are not a push over but willing to take in information to work there.

Interview Question – Explain to me how you would go about selling a Macy's Credit Card.   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Standard practices, basic questions

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   View Answer

Credit Granting Representative Interview

Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received an email for an invitation to interview. Selected my own interview time from their list of time slots. Went to the Macy's Credit & Customer Service office at the scheduled time.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied then after a couple of days got an email to schedule my interview date. The interview was pretty easy. All you have to do is answer about 10 question mostly about customer service. If you've had a retail sales job before do not stress this interview at all because you'll be able to answer these question easily.

Interview Question – When they asked my about experiences i've had before when this and this occasion happened. I had to make up a story.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's interview questions and advice. All 2,182 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.