Macy's Interview Questions

3,843 Interview Reviews

2.3

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome? How do you feel about touching peoples faces? How would you sell me a Macys credit card? How would you make customers come back to you? How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for macys?   2 Answers

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Flushing, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy to someone else. I had no sales experience prior and it was my first interview so it didn't go as well. Since I was a college student he wasn't pleased with my availability once school would start. He wanted someone permanent who could work as many shifts I guess. They asked simple questions "what would you in this case" and "how would you take charge of a situation". There was one thing that bothered me. THE GUY FELL ASLEEP. I don't know if it was me since it was my first interview or if he was tired. But it just seemed very unprofessional. I think I talked too much about my work which had little to do with sales and didn't stand out. So I think experience in sales would be very helpful in getting this job. He told me my availability was sort of a problem and once I updated he would look at it and give me a call. I've heard Macy's hires right on the spot so I'm pretty sure I didn't get it. And if I did, the inflexibility would be a problem so I wouldn't take it anyway.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. I went to the interview three days later. The woman who conducted the interview was very nice. A lot of the questions were the same as the ones found here so that was very helpful. I was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The seasonal position I applied for was in Brooklyn, NY. I had the interview at Herald Square and was hired to work there only one week after I applied. The interview was easy and fast. It's a one on one interview. The manager that interviewed me was very professional. Dress professionally and be prepared to answer questions about customer service and shop lifters. Everyone gets hired for seasonal.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Once I applied online, Macy's sent me a confirmation email and then sent me an invitation to schedule an interview via email about 4 days later. Scheduling was easy and straight forward. The interview itself was 15min and was nothing out of the ordinary. Be sure to smile, dress nicely, and show confidence and you'll be fine!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you? What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

One on one interview with counter manager and department mananger. It was easy just a lot of questions to answer. You must have good customer service to impress. You will have to interview with the counter manager and department manager. The department manager will ask a lot of questions compared to the counter manager.

Macy's Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview where I was setup for my in person interview. At the in person interview, I was interviewed by the men's department manager. The interview was easy and I got a call the next week for the position. I went in the next week for training.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Brief, interesting, and a learning process. The interviewer was a nice person but it was a bit monotonous. Also, the questions asked were a lot like the same other interviews.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online for holiday season support position. Was emailed with an invitation to interview. Selected time and day for interview. Arrived to interview and was greeted by the interviewer in about 10 - 15 minutes. Interview process was pretty straight forward. Was asked about 10 questions pertaining to customer service mainly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question