Macy's

Updated Jan 29, 2015
3,002 Interview Reviews

2.3

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

It was good. The recruiter asked basic questions and was very nice. She made me feel very comfortable. I am waiting for the next process which is the skills interview as there is a three step process.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

You sit down with a hiring manager and you're asked about your experience within retail and also in the cosmetic field. Such as have you ever applied makeup to other people other than yourself. Are you quick on your feet? Can you handle work under pressure? And also can you handle multiple personalities? Once you are hired you are then put into a room where you will learn all of the following macys procedures.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when a customer asked what are the benefits of opening a Macy's card?   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and within a few weeks, I had an interview set up. I went into their offices for the interview and was met a little awkwardly by someone who told me that I would have to wait for a little bit while the interviewer finished up with a meeting of some sort. I don't think it was this poor guy's job to handle people coming in for interviews, but he was kind of forced to do it since his desk was the closest to the front door. I think he would have rather wanted to be kept busy by whatever he was working on his computer screen then deal with the people coming in for possible seasonal work.

After the awkwardness had passed, I waited a little bit past my scheduled appointment time for the interviewer to finish up their meeting and was then invited into her office for my interview. The interviewer had a list of required questions that she had to ask, prepared as I sat down and settled myself. Some of these questions were your usual and cliche questions that everyone should have prepared, but others were about technology use that kind of threw me for a loop.

Macy's asked questions about how to operate portable devices like Ipads and the like. What made this even stranger is that the interviewer said that in New Mexico (the location of the Macy's I applied to), only management had the opportunity to use such devices.

After she asked her mandatory questions, I started to ask her my own questions. I personally like to know the internal workings of a business (I aspire to be an entrepreneur) and how leaders or managers lead or organize their duties and constituents, so my questions were encompassed around those topics, and I thought we had some nice, fairly casual conversations, where the interviewer was very open with company policy and her own experiences in the company.

At the closing of the interview, the interviewer said that she would "bench" my application, which is not a common thing that she did (so I assume that was a good thing), which was very uplifting, but in the end, nothing ever came from it.

Interview Questions
    • How well I can use technology like an Ipad, even though the associates at Macy's's in my state do not even have access to the specific technology that interviewer's were required to ask about.   Answer Question

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Submitted online application with resume, cover letter, recommendations, and college transcripts. Received email about date for phone interview. Accepted interview. The interviewer first asked questions regarding to my resume and work/study history. The last part of the interview was a case study. Basically, determine possible solutions is a problem arose in the "business".

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. Received an email and was asked to come in for an interview. Went in and spojke to the Hr manager then on the following day met with the Beauty manager we spoke briefly and got the job.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Initial contact was via email. The first interview was with the District Director of Loss Prevention. The second was with the store manager. I only had the two interviews and received a job offer officially via email. There was no HR interview. My offer letter came directly from the District Director.

Interview Questions
    I stated my requirements prior to the official offer letter being sent to me. My salary and benefits were generous.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I met recruiter on campus then applied online. I spoke to the recruiter to really understand more about the entire internship. After two interviews, I got the position and waited on my packet.

Intern Interview

I attended several networking events and company presentations. During this period I networked with a bunch of alums and the head recruiter. I also emailed back and forth with several Macy's employees. Just show your enthusiasm and network with as many people as possible. The interview consists of two 30 minute interviews with two different interviewers. It was primarily a behavioral interview and wasn't that challenging. It was very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used quantitative analysis to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and was sent an email within 24 hours to schedule an interview (online). Was given short face to face interview and received a job offer at the time.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

its pretty basic...first, you set up an appointment. second, you meet and greet. third, you answer the same questions they ask you in different ways...tell them how you believe the customer comes first...and how you are so persuasive. last you say thank you, and goodbye..in your own preferred ways...then you keep calling.

Interview Questions
    • how would you get a customer to open an account, and how would you get them to buy more?   View Answer
    none