Macy's

2,547 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Stock Interview

Seasonal Stock

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Once I applied online waited 2 days, got a response via emial. She was really friendly even thou my interviewer was late. Interview was pretty straight forward wasn't hard. First question she ask was why macy as i say my answers she wasnt even looking at me too busy writing what you respond.

Interview Question – describe a time where you had to work in a team and what did you do   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Cosmetics Sales Associate
Temecula, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an interview. Interview went well & was invited to a second interview. The woman said that the manager from the cosmetics counter would give me a call in a couple days to set up the interview. Called a week or two later to check in about it & couldn't get ahold of anyone. Left two messages throughout the week and never got called back. About a month and a half later, I went in to the counter that I was supposed to interview for and asked the associate about my situation. She told me that it took them 8 weeks to call her and not to worry about it. Never got a call. This was months ago. Don't tell people that they have a second interview and then never call them. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online then 2 weeks later got an interview. The interview was great nice average questions.I was hired on the stop and asked what department I wanted to work in. Then, the interview ended and they never contacted me again until I showed up and asked what was going on. The Department manager that hired forgot that she had hired me. So, I had to interview again and got hired again.

Interview Question – What would you do if you knew a coworker was stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the start wage which was 8.00

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Loss Prevention Detective

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in December 2013.

Interview Details – First received and email asking to set up and initial phone interview. Once phone interview completed had face to face interview. interview process is the same as other jobs . Except they do ask a lot of questions relating to theft and how you feel about situations.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught someone stealing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation just accept base or not.

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Very simple and easy process when applying. Easy and simple questions if you have some semblance of common sense and retail experience. Hiring occurs everyday of every week so its easy to get in if you qualify. Dress for the position and wear the uniform. Very intelligent and honest human resourcesm representatives.

Interview Question – Everything was easy and simple.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online I don't know when. Received an email to schedule interview online. Scheduled it for Saturday at 11AM. Arrived 30 minutes early. Waited an hour to be interviewed. They had specific interviewers assigned to specific people. My interviewer was late. 1 on 1 interview with a supervisor then another interview with a manager. Hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to help someone personally.

All other questions were pretty simple and based on selling, teamwork, customer interaction (most important).
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $8.25 starting pay

Stock Associate Interview

Stock Associate
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online on Macy's site, received an interview via email in a week. When you check your email you have to schedule an appointment, I chose the day after the next. I think that's the reason why I wasn't prepared. Either way, I tried my best to study the questions and did my best. The interviewer was sweet even thought I knew I hesitated and spoke unclear. The job was a loss but that was on my part, either way the interview wasn't so bad.

Interview Question – Why Macy's?

What do you know about the position you are applying for?

Situation questions like "What do you do when someone has done something unlawful," or "name a situation..." etc.
  Answer Question

Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview Details – The people at the front desk were very cold and ignored me so I had to be pushy to let them know I was here and ask what they wanted me to do. Then after a long time of waiting and other people interviewing I was pulled to the back and asked about my availability and what it meant to work for them. I was asked what customer service means to me. I was asked if I had ready transportation every day and how I'd engage a customer.

Interview Question – Explain what customer service is to you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate it was my first job

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Temecula, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online. The next day I got an email asking me to pick an interview date. There were three dates to choose from, and I picked the soonest one, which was for two days later. When I showed up, I was asked very simple questions. Nothing was difficult, and the whole interview lasted ab out 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to help someone with an unexpected problem and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bops Interview

Bops

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I work there already and wanted to switch positions so i ask my manger and told what kind of job i really wanted. She referred me to the BOPS. She called the other manger and i have the interview the next day and it was simple questions and i was hired on the spot and i filled out transfer papers and started in a coupe of days.

Negotiation Details – maybe

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!