Macy's Interview Questions

3,663 Interview Reviews

2.3

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome? How do you feel about touching peoples faces? How would you sell me a Macys credit card? How would you make customers come back to you? How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for macys?   2 Answers

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Flushing, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy to someone else. I had no sales experience prior and it was my first interview so it didn't go as well. Since I was a college student he wasn't pleased with my availability once school would start. He wanted someone permanent who could work as many shifts I guess. They asked simple questions "what would you in this case" and "how would you take charge of a situation". There was one thing that bothered me. THE GUY FELL ASLEEP. I don't know if it was me since it was my first interview or if he was tired. But it just seemed very unprofessional. I think I talked too much about my work which had little to do with sales and didn't stand out. So I think experience in sales would be very helpful in getting this job. He told me my availability was sort of a problem and once I updated he would look at it and give me a call. I've heard Macy's hires right on the spot so I'm pretty sure I didn't get it. And if I did, the inflexibility would be a problem so I wouldn't take it anyway.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. I went to the interview three days later. The woman who conducted the interview was very nice. A lot of the questions were the same as the ones found here so that was very helpful. I was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email first to schedule an interview. When I went back to the career page there were no time slots only an invitation. So you have to wait for an automated phone call to schedule an interview. Overall, the applying experience was fairly simple. Then during the interview, I was greeted by, I am assuming the hr manager of the particular store or a manager in general, she was nice and read the questions from a binder, and jotted down my answers, as you will read throughout Glassdoor that everyone does that. There were no surprising questions, all of the questions were similar to what people on here have already posted. At the end of the interview she told me she is sorry that there are no position available. Apparently, that is there way of recruiting the best talent, I was kind of upset by that answer however it was a good experience to have just to get used to interviewing, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Macy's?   Answer Question
    • What was one problem you encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • How would you let a customer know they bought a good pair of jeans?   Answer Question
    • Are you more detailed oriented or a broad thinker?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The seasonal position I applied for was in Brooklyn, NY. I had the interview at Herald Square and was hired to work there only one week after I applied. The interview was easy and fast. It's a one on one interview. The manager that interviewed me was very professional. Dress professionally and be prepared to answer questions about customer service and shop lifters. Everyone gets hired for seasonal.

On-Call Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I completed an application online on a Monday and got an interview email the next day. I set up my interview to be the following week. I went into the office and met with the manager. It was an easy interview, I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and I got an email about inviting me for an interview. The interview process was easy. I went into the executive office, told them I had an interview and waited til they called me in. The questions were pretty easy. I was going to be hired on the spot but the manager who interviewed me didn't have anymore positions available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Toledo, OH).

Interview

It was fine, typical retail. I did a phone interview with human resources and then interviewed with the department head. It was relaxed and nothing unexpected. Many questions/discussions on customer service.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Online application, personality test, interview. There is a training that you have to attend for about three days and then you start right away. Once you pass the test, the call you for an interview, you really have to sound like you want to work there. They set up an interview. Its almost a 2 hour wait just to get interviewed. Then you are assigned to a department.

Interview Questions

• Why macys, why not any other store?   Answer Question
    • How would you persuade me to open a macys card?   1 Answer
    • What was your worst/best experience with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Whats the most amount of money you have worked with in one day?   Answer Question