Macy's Interview Questions

2.1

2,592 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome? How do you feel about touching peoples faces? How would you sell me a Macys credit card? How would you make customers come back to you? How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for macys?   2 Answers

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Flushing, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy to someone else. I had no sales experience prior and it was my first interview so it didn't go as well. Since I was a college student he wasn't pleased with my availability once school would start. He wanted someone permanent who could work as many shifts I guess. They asked simple questions "what would you in this case" and "how would you take charge of a situation". There was one thing that bothered me. THE GUY FELL ASLEEP. I don't know if it was me since it was my first interview or if he was tired. But it just seemed very unprofessional. I think I talked too much about my work which had little to do with sales and didn't stand out. So I think experience in sales would be very helpful in getting this job. He told me my availability was sort of a problem and once I updated he would look at it and give me a call. I've heard Macy's hires right on the spot so I'm pretty sure I didn't get it. And if I did, the inflexibility would be a problem so I wouldn't take it anyway.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. I went to the interview three days later. The woman who conducted the interview was very nice. A lot of the questions were the same as the ones found here so that was very helpful. I was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The seasonal position I applied for was in Brooklyn, NY. I had the interview at Herald Square and was hired to work there only one week after I applied. The interview was easy and fast. It's a one on one interview. The manager that interviewed me was very professional. Dress professionally and be prepared to answer questions about customer service and shop lifters. Everyone gets hired for seasonal.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and went in for an interview, scheduled the interview online, spoke with the department manger. She was very nice , question were not too hard. Overall they're looking for reliable individuals.

Interview Questions

Interview

Once I applied online, Macy's sent me a confirmation email and then sent me an invitation to schedule an interview via email about 4 days later. Scheduling was easy and straight forward. The interview itself was 15min and was nothing out of the ordinary. Be sure to smile, dress nicely, and show confidence and you'll be fine!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you? What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I showed an interested that i wanted to move up in my career and approached my department manager. She was very helpful in telling me the different positions that were opened and provided me with suggestions on the best possible fit. Normally, a candidate would have an interview with the regional manager but because of my years of experience and longevity within the workforce, I went straight to interviewing with the Account Executive via phone.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

One on one with a manager. After they ask you about yourself and why you want to work there you are asked which department you want. Whatever department they see you fit in working is what you receive.

Interview Questions

• What department do you want to work in?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. Applied on macysjobs.com, two days later received a call for an interview... once there interviewed with one manager, then another immediately.ąaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've made a connection with a customer. How have you handled an upset customer in the past? Name a time you've needed to accomplish something as a team.   Answer Question