Macy's Interview Questions

2.3

Commission Sales- Big Ticket Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Macy's in August 2008.

Basic job interest is gathered in a computerized application process. Prospective candidates are screened through basic Human Resources analysis matching qualified applicants with hiring priorities. Managers interview qualified individuals for their area of supervision. Once hired, there is ongoing assessment and daily observation. Performance is measured with accountability for application of skills and appropriate procedures. Management focuses on response to challenges and achievement of goals. Consistent outstanding performance in sales, service and loyalty are routinely coached with high expectaions for achievement. Successful associates are promoted to higher levels of responsibility in accordance with their career goals.

Interview Questions
    • How much of the deficiency in areas outside your direct responsibility are you willing to suppliment with your own performance to assure the team has an outstanding overall result?   View Answer
    Absolutely confidential.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mishawaka, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in February 2009.

2 phone interviews then went to st. louis and had 4 interviews thruough out the day

simple enough

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview with District Manager followed up with corporate interviews and testing.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated on Salary and moving expenses and was successful.

Furniture Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

Online application, interview appointment at Macys, arrange time slot online, One hour and 15 minuter interview, Minimum hourly plus commission, then told straight commission, then told draw against commission, which was the truth the draw, you owe company money back if you have low sales, 3 weeks manager is still interviewing...lied, never called back can you survive on low salary(min. wage) while you are building a business? Next year you see your commissions, never any people shopping while there, Don't waste your time no money,no hire, cheap company.

Interview Questions
    • Can you survive for 6 months while building your business and you may owe money from your draw if you don't make the sales, how do you feel about that?   View Answer
    • Can you survive on low wage?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

interviewed with GM. in the GM's office. Interview's for a sales manager position is similar to interviewing for a GM position because Macy's is interested in GM placement in their talent pipeline.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are detailed. It is expected that you know all numbers, how you made a difference in increasing profit, know details about the retail industry, college diploma is a must, if you have experience, you must disclose how you have "moved mountains" to qualify for the role.   Answer Question

Gift Registry Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in April 2012.

Worst interview experience I ever had. When I went to check in for my interview, Human Resources simply told me that there was no one there to interview me and I would have to wait 2-4 hours for them to come in or come back a different day, even though my interview time had been set up and confirmed with HR prior to date. I told them I had a flight that afternoon and I would be away for a month and inquired about a phone interview, but they had no interest to accommodate me. The desk attendant just gave me a number to call if I wanted to reschedule in a month or told me I could reapply another time. Frustrated, I left HR and went directly to the Bridal Registry floor to see if there was a manager I could speak to. A consultant informed me that there has not been a manager on their floor for the past 4 months, and after searching 20 minutes she could not find anyone in a supervisory position to speak to me about the job. Everything was just so bizarre and unorganized... my suggestion is don't even bother showing up to your interview unless they confirmed a time with you via phone or in person.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in June 2010.

the interviewer was like 1 hour late and then he asked me some tough questions

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in February 2010.

I walkin in macys, and talk to cosmetic department manager. She asked me to come for the interview in 2 days. My interview with her went really well. Then i got a call from her after 1 week n schdule me an interview with Macys Director. That interview also went really well, then i was told that i will get a call from Account Cordinator of Clinique for another interview. So again i had one more interview with AC which also went well . Then he told me i will be having phone structured interview . Which will be for one hour, and will will decide if i will get thr job or not. I had phone interview couple of days ago. Really strange interview. I felt as if i was talking to a computer. She was asking me questions i have to judge and answer each question. She would'nt repharse the question if i didnt get what she was asking.

Later the same day i got a call from Clinique Account Executive and setup another interview.

So , so far i had 4 interviews with macy's for one position n i was schduled for one more within 2 days. I called department manager today and she said as my phone interview didnt went well, but inperson interviews went really well so they think, it might be because of language barrier, so they want to give me another chance and they schduled for another in person interview.

I didnt know it was so difficult to get into macy;s for a counter manager position.

District Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Had to continue e-mailing just to get a phone interview then was told 35 years experience was not enough? No vet preference given but was told by interviewer that they were vet friendly. Can't tell!! Worst interview process I've been thru.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

I waited in a common area for at least 20 minutes waiting for the interviewer. She was very polite but read from a script the entire interview. It made things very tense and uncomfortable. She asked me at least 10 difficult questions that I was not prepared for in the slightest. They were all 3-4 sentences in length and after I would answer, she would spend the next two minutes writing down my word for word answer..... Every question seemed to end with "Tell me a time when you......". It was extremely awkward.

Interview Questions
    • ....Tell me about a time when you witnessed a coworker being dishonest and how you handled the situation. Explain to me how you showed integrity.   View Answers (2)

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!