Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015
3,859 Interview Reviews

2.3

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online less than a week later I was sent an email to schedule an appointment for an Interview, Went to the Interview and was given the Job

Interview Questions

• Give an Example of a co-worker stealing supplies , money or Time and if you haven't experienced this tell us what you would do.   1 Answer

Interview

Interview went well. Met with two people both very nice in HR. Tough but definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• What is something you do at your current job that you would not want to continue doing in this job at Macy's.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Apply online and was selected to schedule an interview. This was my second time applying for Macy's. I was a seasonal employee in 2008. During the seasonal hiring process its was nothing but bodies in and out. Now the second time around I was interview from the Store manager.

Interview Questions

• I was ask basic questions of customer service. If you appear too smart or well off they will not hired you unless it seasonal.   Answer Question

PT Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Answered online ad for flex time sales associates. When interviewer learned of my years ago womens apparel buyer/manager experience, she offered me a PT position in my area for low pay.

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Interviewer arrived 15 minutes late, and when I arrived about 5 minutes early they were shocked to see me there that early. First thing interviewer said was I noticed your minimum wage is significantly higher than what we pay. Second thing being that they didn't even have the position I was applying for and she explained that all they had was a non-commissioned on call position and it paid about 50% less my minimum wage to be accepted. They should have never scheduled this interview for me. I also have never been so over dressed for an interview.

Interview Questions

• None, because I stopped her before we really got started.   Answer Question

Interview

That was very bad, I arrived 5 minutes earlier and they told me someone will be there with me in a moment but that moment took 45 minutes later. They did not that I had an appointment for an interview!!! The interview was very very informal in a room that looks very bad.... Bad experience!!

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Northridge, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got an e-mail two days later asking for an interview. I waited in a small hallway with two other candidates. The wallpaper was clearly old and peeling, the carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed in years. There were two people conducting interviews, but the one that had my application called me in to interview more than 20 minutes late because she had been either doing business or socializing out of sight. The interview is completely scripted, as they ask just general questions about your job experience and go straight to the usual questions. They asked how I would help a customer find a pair of jeans or a jacket and I tried to demonstrate my knowledge of the Macy's in-store brands by pointing out the different styles Alfani, etc. cater to. The interviewer looked impressed but it obviously didn't help. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I got an e-mail the next day informing me I had not received the job. Other questions: How would you react if you saw an employee doing something unethical? What is your flexibility? Why Macy's? What is your experience in customer service?

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a credit card?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

applied online. got a email for an interview. i though the interview had to many questions for a sales position!

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I just went in and talked to the Store Manager and one of the HR girls and got the job.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied on-line for a Loss Prevention/detective position. Have quite a few years experience and was emailed quickly to make myself available for a telephone interview. Went online again and selected a day and time I would be available. Stood by phone during assigned time and did not get a call. Went back on line to schedule a new time but it wouldn't let me. Sent an email and got a short and sweet sorry and would get back to me on how to proceed. After a couple of weeks emailed them again but did not get an answer. It's been three months now.