Macy's

2,925 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I waited about 30 min for the hiring manager to collect me from the waiting room, then we went to an office and the first thing she asked was about my availability. I told her only evenings on weeknights and anytime weekends, and she proceeded to tell me that their busy hours are from noon-3 and my availability would not work for that, so the interview was over and I left. I'm not sure why they didn't check what I put on my application before offering me an interview, but it was just a waste of time!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Group interview conducted

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions asked for a cashier's position.   Answer Question

Retail Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Applying was a bit of hassle. But one week later I got a call to schedule an interview and set it up. It turns out the position was far from full-time which I was suspecting after reading some reviews on Glassdoor. The hiring manager was considerate enough to call and inform me of this before the interview so I didn't waste my or her time. I appreciated that.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't actually have the interview then so I didn't answer any of the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

I received a call to come in for an interview. I had a 1:1 interview with the manager I would be working for. It was pretty easy, got hired on the spot after my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in April 2012.

I filled out the application online. I heard back from them a week later. I set up the interview through their online system as requested.
    The day of the interview, I arrived 15 minutes early. No one knew anyone was being interviewed. The manager on duty was no where to be found for half an hour.
    Once she finally showed up to do the interview, she made a point of asking me every single question on a 3 page print out. It took over an hour to complete. She also informed me when we got started that she had 3 in store possibilities for the position and that no one had notified her I was coming in.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with randomly being required to roleplay a difficult sale when the higher ups come through the store?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Fill out online app, got the email for an interview, went to the interview manager was nice friendly I answered all the questions and thought I made a good impression. Think they wanted someone earlier in the morning and I could only do evening shift as the position I applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Applied online, got an email saying to come in for an interview. Showed up early, manager told me they aren't hiring and I left within 30 seconds, no interview. Total waste of my time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

After applying for the Administrative support position for HR, I was contact via email to set up an appointment to speak with a hiring manager. The reason I applied for the position is because it was part time and I'd be performing basic HR duties which was appealing since I recently graduated with an HR degree. Once I arrived at the store and waited for 10 mins, two employees introduced themselves and informed me that the position I applied for had been filled BUT they wanted to interview me for a holiday sales associate position. I said "No Thanks" and left, in the small print during the appointment set up they said this could happen. However, the fact that the position was previously filled and I had driven through intense traffic after work was a complete waste and I was pretty pissed. Doing that to people is extremely unprofessional and actually insulting considering the person's resume,previous experience and position they originally applied for. Macy's at Metcalf South could have just sent an email notifying myself the position was filed and good luck on my job search....NEVER AGAIN!

Interview Questions
    • There were none as soon as I was informed the position I applied for I respectfully declined the holiday sales position.   Answer Question

not the job I applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

applied online. got a email for an interview. i though the interview had to many questions for a sales position!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in July 2012.

Applied online and got an e-mail two days later asking for an interview. I waited in a small hallway with two other candidates. The wallpaper was clearly old and peeling, the carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed in years. There were two people conducting interviews, but the one that had my application called me in to interview more than 20 minutes late because she had been either doing business or socializing out of sight. The interview is completely scripted, as they ask just general questions about your job experience and go straight to the usual questions. They asked how I would help a customer find a pair of jeans or a jacket and I tried to demonstrate my knowledge of the Macy's in-store brands by pointing out the different styles Alfani, etc. cater to. The interviewer looked impressed but it obviously didn't help. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I got an e-mail the next day informing me I had not received the job.

Other questions: How would you react if you saw an employee doing something unethical? What is your flexibility? Why Macy's? What is your experience in customer service?