Macy's

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,930 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Very easy. Just came in and talked to me for about 15 minutes. Asked a few question about how I work with people and how I work under pressure. It really wasn't too bad

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in February 2013.

The interview went really well. I was asked questions based on scenarios I've been put in/ and what would I do if I encountered one.... The best interview I've ever had!

Furniture Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview was scheduled online. They tried calling to change it, but didn't pickup on multiple call back attempts. Interview was very cookie cutter. The interview lasted about 25 minutes even though it was a 15 minute block.

Interview Questions
    • What is one example of a time when you had to work with a team to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • would you be comfortable selling someone a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Retail Support Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Went to HR department and had a one on one interview with a Manager. If you are applying for seasonal, they usually tell you on the spot if you're hired.

Cosmetics Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in December 2014.

I applied online (one day after the job position was posted) and received an email within a week prompting me to schedule an appointment for an interview for sometime during the upcoming week. On the day of my appointment, my interviewer was late for my interview and rushed through the whole process when she finally arrived. The interview itself was extremely short and the questions were specific to the position that I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Explain, in detail, the steps of creating a certain look for a client. This was basically the only question asked.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

precise system of interviewing and hiring,one must pass the taleo test,then you are invited for a screening interview in person,if you pass ,you are invited to go to the next interview

Interview Questions
    • what did you not like about your last position   View Answer
    generally to be expected

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and later got an email to schedule my interview which was convenient since I got to choose which day and time. I went in and was interviewed by a lady. She was nice, but professional and asked me several questions. She then offered me a position at the end of the interview and I went from there.

No negotiation

Human Resources Manager Interview

Contacted through email by a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. Spoke over the phone at the agreed upon date/time for about 30 minutes. Recruiter lead the conversation and I was asked for questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What is the purpose of a Human Resources professional?   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate/Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in December 2014.

Applied online and was sent an email that I was chosen for an interview. I picked the next available date (online) about a week later. Arrived 20 minutes early and waited to be called (I was the only one there but they were also expecting another girl whom I didn't see) but it seemed that all the managers were still out to lunch (1pm) an AST supervisor did the interview one on one in an office. I was prepared and just a tad nervous but the supervisor was easy to speak to. She asked if I was aware it was seasonal, temp job and i said yes. Told me that since it is, i didn't have to go thru the whole interview process. asked me a few questions and told me to fill out some info and gave me a paper with a list of things I should bring to verify i can work (told me she wasn't allowed to say which one but to choose from column a or b and c) Said she will call me in a week. Just 24hrs later, i got a customary rejection email from HR:

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Macys?
      Do you have any retail experience?

Answer Question

Seasonal Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in December 2014.

Applied online and got an email to schedule an interview 2 or 3 days later. No time slots were open so I had to wait a few more days just to schedule the appointment. When I finally scheduled an interview the only open time to interview was over 8 days later.Anyways, it was a simple interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I arrived early and she took me to her office just a few minutes later.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think creativity is important to use while working and why? (Something along those lines)   Answer Question