Macy's Interview Questions

3,677 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Carbondale, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

It was the standard interview process. I filled out my application online. Within a few days, I received an email back stating they wanted me to come into the store for an interview. They asked questions such as why I wanted to work at Macy's, what I would do in different scenarios, and describe a time when I had to use customer service skills. I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Five days later I received a phone call from Macy's HR wanting to go over my job application, most likely because I put I had a felony. Explained the situation and the guy was cool about it and said I'd be receiving an email to schedule an interview. Once I got the email it took 3 days until there was an open time slot. I scheduled my interview for a week later since that was the only thing available. I looked here on glassdoor for the interview questions and thank God I did because they asked me the same ones. The interview went good. I asked about the time line for getting back to the candidates about the next step and she said about a week. Well it was a week yesterday and I'm still waiting. Planning on calling today so hopefully she'll have a decision made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you or a coworker used integrity.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to work as a team. What was your roll? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They emailed me in less than two weeks to schedule an interview online. I made the appointment and went to the interview half an hour early. They took me in right away and it was one on one for about half an hour. Then a second manager briefly went over my interview and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you talk someone into opening a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Pricing and Signing Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager of the team. The interview was pretty laid back and not as stressful as others. She just made small talk and asked me about my previous experience. My experience working for another retailer was pretty similar to the job description I was applying for, so we spoke about for a little bit. She ended the interview saying that we will call you back and tell you when you can start as soon as the background check goes through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Product Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Straight forward. Questions were standard experience and behavioral questions. "Tell me about yourself," list strengths and weaknesses, questions pertaining to dealing with conflict, "why do you want to work for Macy's." The process took about 3-4 weeks with about 2 rounds meeting with various managers. Included one full day of interviews.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Lynchburg, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was fast. I applied online and in actually 40 minutes I received and email from HR asking me to choose a interview slot. I chose the next day (to show interest). Once I arrived to Macy's the people was very nice to me. The interviewer asked me some situational questions like what have you done to resolve a problem? and tell me a time when you had to change someone's opinion and what was the result. To me those were very awkward questions. The whole interview lasted about 10 minutes. The next day I got an email from HR saying that I did not qualify for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? tell me a time when you had to change someone's opinion and what was the result.   Answer Question

Cashier, Or Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Quick and easy, nice interview room (helped nerves a little), simple question's, friendly interviewer and I was hired on the spot. Macy's made this interview a positive experience for me.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Resume drop --> Pre-night with a Q&A --> first round interview with mostly behavioral questions and some questions about the company the following morning --> second/final round interview over two days at headquarters in NYC

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Merritt Island, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

I first applied online and then received an email notice of an interview day and time. The interview was very relaxed and pleasant. I was greeted by smiles and friendly people in the admin office and the interview was more of a meet and greet experience than an interview. The person who interviewed me turned out to be my manager. Some of the questions were about me personally, my hobbies, why I what to work here, and where I see myself in the near future. The other questions where about my previous experiences.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and I got an email about inviting me for an interview. The interview process was easy. I went into the executive office, told them I had an interview and waited til they called me in. The questions were pretty easy. I was going to be hired on the spot but the manager who interviewed me didn't have anymore positions available.