Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
2,722 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Retail Stock Merchandising Interview

Interview was done over the phone. Fairly simple questions about personal experience and why I would be good at the job. Interview took about 5 minutes, which most of the time was spent reading over the job description. There is no room for wage negotiation and was told that the seasonal job ends January 1st. Got a job offer as soon as the interview was over and started the job the next week.

Interview Questions
    • If there is a coworker that isn't doing a great job what will you do?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I was actually recruited by a Department Manager for Macy's. I Managed a small store in the Mall, and occasionally had lunch with a group of Department Managers from Macy's who encouraged me to talk to their HR manager about working for Macy's. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my management style, how I would handle certain situations with difficult employees, and how I would conduct meetings.   View Answer
    I was recruited, so I knew in advance what the offer was.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, scheduled an interview a week later. Smooth and easy as long as you prepare. Hired on the spot. So what are you waiting for? Go Apply!! Uh Like now!

9$/hour un negotiable

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I have applied only. The next day I have received an email to schedule an interview with one store manager. Went to the interview. There were some general questions regarding how to sale something, how to treat customers.

Interview Questions
    Received an offer on the place

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online and it takes one day to receive the email about setting up an interview. I came 30 mins before the scheduled time and waited about 5 mins to meet with the manager. He read through my resume and asked few questions to see my reaction. After the interview, the manager took a contract form to let me filled in and told me come for training the next day.

I think 3 things win the interview, friendly (smile regularly and always respond in a mild way), beautiful (if the sales related to clothing or cosmetics, make sure wear neat and beautiful makeup, definitely go with all black suit), professional ( previous sales experience and have the knowledge for products).

Interview Questions
    • How will you sell a pair of pants?
      Will you do things before it is being discussed too detailed? Why?
      How to sell Macy's card to the customers?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. I just need a part-time job to kill my weekends, not expect too much from it.

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

Their interview process is a waste of time. They take forever to call you after you interview. But the worse part is , when you go to the interview they tell you the job you are interested in is not available, even though it is clearly posted on the list of open positions. So basically, it is a waste of time!!!! Then they tell you they "bench" you which means when and IF the position opens, they will call you, but they don't. You end up calling them, and them they act like they have no idea what you are talking about.

Interview Questions

Because they were completely unprofessional and unorganized.

Full Time Clinique Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Basically as in ALL Macy's positions, if nit more in cosmetics, the focus should be SALES, SALES SALES, and customer service. The interview was pretty simple. I had 2 interviews in one day plus a phone interview with Clinique a day or so later. Then you meet with the l9cal Account Exec tlwhivh pretty m7ch means you're hired

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade and promote a customer to buy an item and 8nsyre a repeat customer?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate

Traffic/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

At least a 3 week process. You will meet with the janitor first and move your way up as they waste your time meeting with the managers, staff and then the actual decision makers, Directors and V.P's.

Interview Questions
    • No really trick questions. If you memorize all of the standard questions of an interview, you should be alright.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation process. Their offer is the only offer they will go with.

Administrative Support Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online, received an email to schedule an appointment. I scheduled my appointment for noon, showed up 10 minutes early, and wasn't interviewed until an hour after my interview time. I could tell by the interview that she wasn't really interested in hiring me, she only asked me THREE questions. I think it may have been because my availability didn't allow me to work a few of their "key dates" in November, which she asked me before I started to interview. But I have school, which was not only on my resume but also included in the availibility portion of the application so it wasn't like that was a surpise.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, she only asked three 1. Describe a time when you saw someone bending or breaking the rules, what did you do? 2. What administrative experience do you have? 3. Describe a time when working in a team or a group, what role did you take?   Answer Question

Seasonal Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Completed an online application and called in for an interview within one week. The interviewer asked me a series of questions. She told me they are in the process of interviewing and i should expect a call the following week. I haven't heard back. The interview was pleasant. Glassdoor is a very helpful resource. I found all the interview questions and some answers on this website.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest pet peeve at work?   View Answer