Macy's Interview Questions

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I completed the application form online. They sent me an email to schedule an interview next day. The HR and the manager were friendly. The interview was smooth and relaxed.

Here were my questions:
    -Why Macy’s?
    -Describe the time you helped your coworker.
    -Describe the time you worked with a team. What’s the outcome?
    -Tell me about a time you had to offer a customer a better alternative.
    -How do you sell a Macy’s credit card? What should you do if the customer say no.
    - What is your availability?
    -What was a time you had to approach a stranger to sell a product or idea?
    -How to upscale a sale to make it into a bigger sale?
    -How would you use technology?
    -If you work with a team, which part do you like the most, which part do you dislike the most?

Interview Questions
    • I reviewed the questions here before the interview, so no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

I applied online and was called 1 week later. It was a phone interview and she asked questions about previous work experience, related experience to job I was applying for (I initially applied for Merchandising), and why I want to work at Macy's. I was called three days later to be hired (I missed the called -- but kept calling back. Got in contact with them two days later). They offered me a new position ( which was 'receiving') because the merchandising position wasn't available with the hours that I wanted. Then she told me my salary and my two training days.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2010.

I first went in for my interview and they essentially hired me on the spot. We then had a group training session. It was mostly watching videos about store policies, sexual harassment and security measures. After the group training I had to do individual training on a computer to learn how to use the computer system. It was long and tedious, but it was paid training! And it was very helpful in the long run. It was also very easy.

Interview Questions
    • I always get caught off guard when they ask what I think some of my weaknesses are as far as work goes. I feel like its so easy to talk about the good qualities about yourself, and very hard to think about and talk about the bad qualities. So I would say that was probably the hardest or most unexpected question they asked me.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really a negotiation phase. They told me what they expected, what they were willing to pay and what the hours would be like. It all sounded good to me, so it was very smooth.

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montclair, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

The interview process was good, she asked about my last job, then asked scenario questions, my availability, and she also explained the tasks of the job. She basically wanted to know my prsonality and how i would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when someone you worked with did something unlawful. what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you worked in a team. what was your role? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to complete a task in a certain amount of time?   Answer Question
    She offered me a job, she was great. I advice you to be ready for your answers. Don't let your nerves get the best of you. Always smile and pay attention when they are talking to you. Always ask questions after they are done interviewing you. Good luck

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Applied online at Macy's website. Got an email asking to schedule the interview, which was all done online. Once I got to my interview, the lady at the front desk took me into a separate room and gave some basic questions. Then she asked what department I wanted to work in, and went to call a manager from that department. When the manager came, I had interview for the department I was interested in. Again, very basic questions. I was offered a job right away.

There was no negotiation. I was told the hourly pay at the beginning of the interview.

Sales Associate In Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in January 2013.

interview process was quick and easy since it was my second time going through it because of my former seasonal position. After the seasonal quarter ended i was asked to re-apply. My interviewing manager was very easy going and kept most of the questions simple an straight forward

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do different as a permanent associate this time around" i wasnt quite sure how to answer the question.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

The interview was as easy as pie. No really difficult questions. The candidate if selected will get an automated email saying to schedule an interview time online. 95% of the times that I did go to the scheduling website to schedule an interview, there was no dates available. I got an automated call a week later (after not being able to schedule the interview) saying they were still interested in a face-to-face interview and to go online and schedule. Within a couple of days after that, I was able to schedule an interview. The lady that interviewed me was pleasant and helpful. What I did not understand was that I was interviewing for an open position only to be told at the end of the interview there is no spot available. A week later got an email saying that "we are sorry but we have no available spots at this time". Thus, no full time no part time no seasonal help either.

Interview Questions
    • On scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being highest, how comfortable are you putting on makeup on other people?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

simple not hard but i don't recommend it. it is horrible. people are not friendly well may be customers are but definitely not the employees.. i disliked this job as much as i disliked the people who i used to work wit.

cause retail is not my thing

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2010.

The interview process was a fair experience. It lasted for about an hour and a half, and each
    person had a chance to explain there individual situation. It took place at in the local mall area
    off the express way on and early spring morning.

Interview Questions
    • I found the most difficult question to be if we could stay overtime on weekends and holidays.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was simple, my advise would be to listen
    close and speak clear with confidence

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Process took about 2 weeks and the interview was very easy. Give all your strengths and specify if your really good at catching externals or internals. All informal questions which I prefer instead of that tell me about a time crap.

Interview Questions

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!