Macy's Interview Questions

2.3

Early Morning Retail Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Met with an upbeat lady ...I was told that there is a new interview process called S.T.A.R....Which is a list of questions and you tell how you related and your attitude. She wasnt the manger for that section the lady was gone she will call next week if she like me basically.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

It was veeeery quick, she was so nice! We even laughed! I arrived very early so thats a plus and I was so nervous but it all seems to turn out great!

Interview Questions
    The manager of urban decay will call you this week, hopefully ill see you soon!

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in January 2015.

Filled out the application online, got an emailed response to schedule an interview a day or two later. Showed up for the interview and ended up having to wait longer than the interview even took! Was told I would get a call back about this position or from someone else about another position, but never heard back from anyone. Way to keep your word and do your job!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

It was really bad ,she didn't let me to answer question after that i understand the she had hire someone allready :( but i want to get job at macs or Bloomingdales

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

1 hour interview. First with HR corporate, given a case study. "What-if" scenario, basically how would you react and respond to the situation. Who would you coach.
    Second was with the store manager. Behavioral questions. A lot easier than the HR corporate dude
    Made it to the next round, but they already hired someone before I even had a chance to go to the 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What are some goals you have set for yourself? Describe a time when you had to manage a team.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Mifflin, PA
    Anonymous Employee in West Mifflin, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

I got an interview with Bill. We did an interview guide. And told me a lady was going to look over my application and interview and if they were interested they were going to give me a call.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get a customer to sign up for a card?   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Applied online at macysjobs.com and received an email early next morning that I was invited to a interview and I could pick my own time & date that suited my schedule. Made my interview for the very next day at 6, got there at 5:55 where a manager was already there to greet me. Interview took about 30 minutes simple questions nothing major or scary so you shouldn't be nervous at all. Was told I was a top candidate because of my previous job history in sales & that they will call within the next few days to let me know if I reviev the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you saw or witnessed someone doing something wrong. How did you handle it and why did you handle it this way?   Answer Question
    • Name a way you would go out & beyond for your customer to make sure he/she comes back to our store frequently.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in July 2013.

Very unprofessional. Went in for cashier position only to tell me they were interviewing for working with the truck shipment. I needed a job so I stuck with it. I met with one manager. Called later that day to tell me I got the job. Don't expect to get a lot of hours.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask questions more so telling about what they expect.   Answer Question
    No negotiations take it or leave it.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

The process seemed very easy. Applied online, picked interview slot, and then interviewed. Very laid back and easygoing. Manager said that they were very flexible with scheduling which was a plus in my opinion. Also mentioned their credit card which is a must to know about because that's what you'll be pitching when you start working there.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time you saw someone doing something they weren't suppose to? If you did, what did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Very professional.
    The managers are very well versed and inquisitive.
    The interviews are not very lengthy.

They are very explanatory and informative of the job description, policies, etc.
    The questions that were asked seemed very random, but necessary.
    In total the interview processing was about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What are your top three department choices?   View Answer