Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
3,193 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Leawood, KS) in December 2014.

Interview

Called in to interview about 2-3 days after applying. I met with one of the support managers who was really nice. It was an easy interview. There are only about three questions and they're are relatively easy to answer. I was offered the job on the spot, which I gladly took.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught one of you're co-workers stealing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge   Answer Question

GENERAL SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I was hired based on the summer internship program. One phone interview with basic information followed with an in person interview. Behavioral, based on retail management situations. I also met with the store management. Overall everyone was extremely nice and able to answer any questions I might have had. Very open to the job and the stressful holiday season

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer? Gave a specific retail management   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's (Athens, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewer was very informal. We mainly talked about my education level and experience with customer service in the past. The majority of the focus was put on my weekend and holiday shift availability.

Fraud Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Macy's (Tempe, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was very supportive. I was given several coaching sessions and mock interviews before the final interviews with 3 Directors from other departments. My support management staff made sure I had all the tools necessary to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Describe an actual situation of a difficult or negative employee and how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was very friendly however she kind of talked to me like I was a child even when I was serious(I'm 18). The interview consisted of her reading off of a paper that told you to give them scenarios of past experiences you've had. The only problem was my schedule. I am a student so it limited my flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you and your coworkers worked together and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was very nice and just asked basic questions. Like Why Macy's? How would you accomplish your sales goal for every shift? Name a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it? Majority of the time Macy's will hire someone with little or no experience. Going into this I only had two months of legitimate job experience. It really is all about how you answer each question. Overall, it wasn't a hard interview and I was hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

It was a professional. Typical customer service questions. It was a one on one interview. First with a recruiter then a hiring manager. The entire process lasts about 1 day. Then the run the background check and if you pass they make an offer.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in April 2015.

Interview

It was an extremely low key interview. My interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. I first walked into the HR room and picked up the phone to notify them i was present. Then a worker came down and greeted me and guided me up to the HR offices. I then sat down in a private room and answered a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer set up the Macy's App   1 Answer

Retail Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a interview at Macy's a day later when I had apply and wanted me to schedule an interview time. The interview was very basic and easy to answer. The lady who interview me was reading the interview questions off a piece of paper. No smile or nothing very stand offish. I felt like she was not really want to get to know me and was just worry about getting my answer to write down and over with. After the questions was done she then explain that they are intereviewing more people and expect a response later in the day. Basically the whole interview took about ten minutes.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

During interview other staff kept walking in and out. The manager was very standoffish and made it clear that I had to eat breathe and sleep macys. She couje careless if you had anything that would interrupt with the job