Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
2,741 Interview Reviews

2.3

Intern Interview

interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

I uploaded my resume to my campus career website. Macy's contacted me shortly after to schedule an on campus interview. I then attended an information session where they basically told me everything they wanted to hear during the interview. The interview went well and the interviewer told me on the spot I did a great job. I was contacted by a recruiter about three weeks later saying I got the internship.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

You come in and wait, in a line of other other people sitting down waiting to be interviewed by one of the mangers, then somebody calls your name and you go into a small room and the manger interviews one on one.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a position with a previous employer where you saw a co worker doing something wrong? What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate In Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

I had 1 interview and was hired on spot. Started seasonal and kept on as regular/flexible. It was pretty simple and fast interview. Their EIC Jennifer did my interview, she happens to now be one of my favorite managers there. She was very nice and professional. Also, Andy is my favorite manager there, if you get an interview hope for one of them.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

Applies for a cosmetics position online through an employee referral. I got an e-mail the next day to set up an interview. The interview was straightforward; she asked me basic questions about my past experience and how I would sell a macy's card. At the end of the interview she told me they weren't hiring part-time in cosmetics but offered me a commission position in women's shoes instead. Since I had no retail experience I didn't want to be picky so I accepted.

no negotiations

Seasonal Administrative Support Team (AST) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online and received an email notification about an in-person interview a few days after. I scheduled an appointment through an online system. The interview was a bit late because the supervisor for AST had a lot of interviews that day.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Macys?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What was the most difficult customer experience?
      Describe a time when you had to work as a team.
      Describe a time you went through the most change.
        Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Pretty standard. Got asked how would you up a sale, what if you saw a coworker stealing, why did you apply to macy's, how you sell a mace's credit card to someone, do you work well with others, name a time you had to come to a solution to fix a problem.

Interview Questions
    • For me there was no difficult or unexpected question when I went to interview. It was just simple questions that were not hard to answer at all. Just be yourself and outgoing and you'll land the job. It's not that to get the job.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

the process was intimidating the person whom i spoke to imply seems as if she wasn't into the rpcoess. the whole procedure was out of order and the whispering and giggles was not helpful either.

Seasonal Stock Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online and received an email within a few weeks about scheduling an interview through a website. Everything was automated, meaning I didn't speak to any real human being until the day of the interview. Had a hard time finding the offices with the instructions they sent me since it was a three level store in a mall and I didn't realize the lower level of the store was called a "basement." I thought they meant the mall's basement. After feeling winded from running all over the place trying to find the offices, I was ushered into a small room where I was interviewed by one person. Since I hadn't had a legit interview since 2010, and had never been good at interviewing to start with, I realized it was time to seek help in improving my ability to interview. They let me know--by automated email--within the first day that I was not selected. The person who interviewed me was at least kind, and she complemented me on my outfit.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were given a project to complete, and once you got to a certain point, how did you know what the next step needed to be?   View Answer

Administrative Support Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online and then was asked to schedule an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early and sat in the lobby for 45 minutes waiting for the interviewer. She finally called me in to tell me she had already filled the position and offered me a min. wage retail job. I advised her that I would have appreciated a call to let me know the position was filled or if she had simply told me that while I sat and waited for 45 minutes. Completely unprofessional behavior.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Easy interview process. Had a number of people meet with HR to discuss a very short basic questionnaire. Then a group interview which acted like a training session. It was a very easy and short interview process. Possibly because it was seasonal so they just hired who they could to help during the busy season.