Macy's Interview Questions

3,844 Interview Reviews

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Garden City, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied in person and was called in for an interview. I had one interview with the department manager. I wore black because that's the "retail color" for New York and especially for beauty departments.

Interview Questions

• Main focus was prior sales experience and availability. Wanted solid sales numbers and flexibility for schedule.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Coral Springs, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I had to wait forever for the manager to interview me. I must have waited for over a half hour. The interview process was then basically just the manager reading off a paper a series of questions. I could tell she did not really want to be there and she had no interest whatsoever in me personally, she just read like a robot.

Interview Questions

• What makes Macy's different from other retail jobs?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Seattle, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

Come prepared to the interview; dress the part, know the company values, understand the basis of customer service; goal oriented to drive results through teams; express goal achievement with adversities; time management; coaching abilities

Interview Questions

• How did you inspire others to exceed at a goal while facing day to day challenges?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to sign up for an open interview slot and went in for an interview. the interview itself took about 15 minutes and I was offered the job on the spot. The person who interviewed me asked me various questions about selling and approaching prospective customers. What i would say to engage with a customer that i meet or how i would approach them. This was my first retail position but she never asked me much about past experiences but gave me different scenarios and asked how i would handle it.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy and quick. The representative that interviewed me was very organized and pleasant. I heard right away whether or not I was going to get the job. I completed an online application on Friday and interviewed the following Friday. I love the online interview set up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Garden City, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Macy's sent me an email to schedule an interview. Then, I did. When I got over there I sat in a room with multiple interviewees and then, they call us one by one to a another room. and, my name was called. When I got to the room I met with the interviewer she was very nice and calm, but I was a bit nervous.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at Macy's?   1 Answer

Internal Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview process, more of a conversation base interview and asked a lot of questions about why I was interested in audit. A lot of behavioral questions and if I liked working in teams and asked me to give an example of a time I didn't enjoy working in a team and how I handled it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very flexible

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Dundee, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Set up a one-on-one interview few days after. If for whatever reason the date and time needed to be changed, do it at least 24 hours beforehand. I then got offered a position on the spot and began training that week.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions like describe a difficult situation at school or work, would you rather be a leader or team player, etc. Also know about its credit card.   Answer Question

Macy' S Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty good. A couple basic questions about customer service and personality mostly. The manager was very professional and made the environment somewhat casual and easygoing. I had no prior work experience at the time so the manager based the work situations as hypothetical scenarios.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

They had asked very straightforward questions but not much. I just submitted an application and got a call back from them. Also, you go through paid training on how to use run different transactions on their cash register before you go out on the floor to deal with customers.