Macy's Interview Questions

3,836 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Garden City, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Macy's sent me an email to schedule an interview. Then, I did. When I got over there I sat in a room with multiple interviewees and then, they call us one by one to a another room. and, my name was called. When I got to the room I met with the interviewer she was very nice and calm, but I was a bit nervous.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at Macy's?   1 Answer

Internal Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview process, more of a conversation base interview and asked a lot of questions about why I was interested in audit. A lot of behavioral questions and if I liked working in teams and asked me to give an example of a time I didn't enjoy working in a team and how I handled it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very flexible

Macy' S Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty good. A couple basic questions about customer service and personality mostly. The manager was very professional and made the environment somewhat casual and easygoing. I had no prior work experience at the time so the manager based the work situations as hypothetical scenarios.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

One on one interview with counter manager and department mananger. It was easy just a lot of questions to answer. You must have good customer service to impress. You will have to interview with the counter manager and department manager. The department manager will ask a lot of questions compared to the counter manager.

Part-Time Seasonal Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

After completing the application online it allows you to schedule your own interview. Met with a manager who only asked 5 questions and was hired on the spot. Very no non-sense. No special testing required. You do take a test on-line after completing the application which is more of a personality test. Ask the same questions over and over but reword them. You have to assign a rank from strongly agree to strongly disagree with an option of neutral. Most of the questions are on if you like to work independently or as part of a team. How you get along with others including customers, co-workers, & management. They also ask a lot about ethics and honesty. Similar to other employers tests in retail. Very repetitive. They ask you when applying to rank which jobs you are interested in most and why.

Interview Questions

• Are you creative and how do you think being creative would apply as an employee of Macy's?   1 Answer
    • If you were busy with your own tasks but a co-worker who is struggling with theirs ask for your help how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devers, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Devers, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

quick easy and did not have to do much for the interview, all i had to do was meet with manager for 30 min and put application on line quick easy and did not have to do much for the interview, all i had to do was meet with manager for 30 min and put application on line quick easy and did not have to do much for the interview, all i had to do was meet with manager for 30 min and put application on line quick easy and did not have to do much for the interview, all i had to do was meet with manager for 30 min and put application on line

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Wilmington, DE) in July 2014.

Interview

I waited in a hallway for close to half an hour before the interviewer noticed I was there. I was right outside her office. The interviewer read from a script instead of asking my questions about my extensive experience. Her questions didn't apply to me. I don't think she looked at my resume once. I received a quick rejection email the next day.

Seasonal Stocking Part Time Early Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email within 24 hours to schedule an interview time. Arrive at least 15 minutes early to give you time to find the office because Macy's is a big store. The interviewer was really nice. The process was very short and sweet . She asked "name a time when..." Questions. Asked availability and she liked the fact that I wore all black being that Macy's company color is black. It lasted all of 10 minutes. At the end she informed me that they'd already hired all seasonal employees but wanted to hold on to my application for the next go around.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when an employee was slacking on the job.. What would you do if you saw someone stealing   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (El Paso, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

you get and email invitation for an face to face interview when you arrive everyone is very nice. the questions are very easy just be your self and smile all the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

got hire on the spot

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Interview

Very easy going interview experience. The manager I interviewed with was very pleasant. She began with very general interview questions. So much so I can't exactly recall them directly. When we got to the personal information point of the interview we end up going off topic, and discussing how her daughter was taking the same path as I in her education.