Macy's

Average Difficulty
2,502 candidate interviews

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was simple.

Negotiation Details – their stuck on paying $8.00 per hour

Retail Sales Associate

I interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview Details – apply on line ,after one day ,i received a mail for schedule ,then i went MACYS for an interview,my interview took 15 minutes,then she told me call me ,but i never receive any call.

Interview Question – what s your weakness ?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Trumbull, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in June 2012.

Interview Details – it was a simple interview with a manager. typical interview questions. seasonal position for students. interview process was short an to the point lasting only about 30 minutes. they go over several basic questions with you, typical interview questions.

Interview Question – how to market the Macy's card to a customer   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

SALES CLERK Interview

SALES CLERK
Reno, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview. Once I arrived, I participated in a group interview. After the group interview concluded, they selected me for a 1 on 1 interview. I was asked the standard questions. What is your greatest asset as an employee? What are your weaknesses? Why did you apply to Macy's? Do you have sales experience?

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Insufficient # of hours

Niles, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – . i had the interview on 23rd of july 2014. the interview was really easy and on the spot they hired me .Also told me to attend the training on 25th and 26th of july ,2014 and the next day onwards i started my job. there was prior experience on this position for me as my subject was different.

Negotiation Details – be calm and tell whatever you like.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had a one on one interview with a store manager in a small room in the Human Resources department of the store. She had a paper with the questions she was going to ask and boxes where she would write in my answers. The first question she asked was why I wanted to work for Macy's. As I started to answer, her phone went off. She answered it and I guess it was an employee that needed help. She said she had to go deal with the problem, as all the other managers were in a meeting or something. She was gone for at least ten minutes! After that I pretty much knew that I did not want to work there. Something to keep in mind is that the interview is not only for the employer to see if you would be a good fit for their company, but also for you to decide if it's a company you truly want to commit your time to. Once she came back, the whole process felt rushed. The questions were very easy and basic: "How would you encourage customers to sign up for a Macy's card? Explain your role in a past team project." As we were finishing up the interview, her phone rang again. We ended with a quick, "Nice to meet you." as she rushed off again. One of the requirements for this position is that you must have total open availability Friday-Sunday. I explained to her that that just wasn't possible for me because I'm a college student that will have many other responsibilities, like homework and volunteer work, once the semester starts back up. I want to say that's why I wasn't offered a position, but it could have also been that she didn't think I was the right candidate. I would have to say this was the worst interview I've been on. Not saying it was totally horrific, but it was definitely the least professional one I've been on.

Interview Question – She asked me something like, "Tell me about a time from one of my previous jobs when there was a service or product that a customer wanted that we didn't have anymore and how I substituted it with something else."   View Answer

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

On-Call Sales Associate

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Applied online. Got email back to schedule interview. Interview was not difficult. Asked about experience in working in retail. Also, asked situational questions and what you would do during such situation.

Interview Question – What qualifications would make you an ideal candidate for this position   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

Interview Details – Most interviews take less then 30 min. and they do almost all communication by email so don't call the store because they will direct you to check your email this should include your spam because sometimes it goes there. Unless they want you to interview with a manager from another department or your interviewing for a beauty consultant it is a one interview process. Most offers are made at the end of that first interview unless they need to second and you should get an email with in a week of the interview letting you know the hiring managers decision.

Interview Question – They often ask you to sell them a product by role playing and this can happen in he office or out on the sales floor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A lot of selling positions start at min. wage. If you have a couple years or you want them to match what your current employer is paying you then you must ask t the time they make an offer. Raises are on performance based yearly and not that big if you don't move up.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

Interview Details – The job application was a lengthy (20+/- minute) questionnaire on a computer and then I was notified that they would like to set up an interview with me. I went in for my interview and it basically just went back over the questions on the questionnaire but in person, my interviewer left the room and then came back saying they had a few positions they could offer me, though all would pay the same and were seasonal, and I was able to choose the one I wanted, effectively just which department I wanted to work in.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just a lot of behavioral questions. Most of the questions are the same just asking with different wording to see if you'll answer the same way.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New Castle, DE

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online then did personality test. I later got an email to schedule an interview which I did. I went, the interviewer was courteus and informative. I the interview went very well until the hours I need to work came up. I said I was fine but she did not believe me.

Interview Question – I f I will work 3 weekends a week full shift and more during the holidays   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!