Macy's Interview Questions

3,220 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate In Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

it was 1 to one base interview which was about 20 minutes. before my interview i had checked websites on how to prepare my self. no wonder they are exactly same questions. but my answers are based on my own point of view. it was fun. as per my understand all they need to see how interested and passionate you are about any job. what you can offer to the business. how you pull yourself to the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Annapolis, MD).

Interview

It was basic, asked question; why do you want to work here, what can you bring, tell me about yourself. Hired on spot. it was pretty quick and steady. I really enjoy working here. It gets busy but its for the money

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

not negotiable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I obtained the interview after attending several on-campus recruitment events. I started to build a relationship with the head recruiter and soon after applied for the Buying/Planning internships offered at my specific university.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Macy's?   1 Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through my university career website. Initial interview with HR - very easy, straight forward questions about previous experience and some behavioral. Second interview with director of the department. More difficult behavioral questions but nothing crazy. Nice conversations - very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in large groups, small groups, or individually?   Answer Question

Received a better offer from another company. This internship was too short - 8 weeks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's (Clearwater, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Quick and Painless, asked questions that were generally in my past experience. Interviewer was nice and easy to speak to. I wasn't nervous and was hired right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was very brief, talked about how you would react in certain situations with guests. Everyone gets hired regardless. Applied online and got called in the next week. One on one interview with one of the managers. Very low key and easy. You get hired on the spot and come in the same week for online training. Then you are put on the floor with no experience and expected to know everything from the 8 hour video you watched the week before.

Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Waterbury, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com, and I applied through the website. I received a phone call to set up a time for the interview.The interview process went smoothly it was a real simple and quick process for me. I interviewed with two managers they were both very nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service in your last job.   Answer Question

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Nanuet, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Quick and Easy, they were just more interested inhering for the seasonal position. The manager was very friendly. It did not feel like an interview whatsoever, it was more about telling me about the job and what my availability would be. I already knew I was hired the moment I started speaking with her.

Interview Questions

• Is this something you feel like you could handle ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Garden City, NY).

Interview

Initial interview with HR then they set up an apt for you to meet the supervisor for whichever department they see you in so express interest in a certain department during your first meeting. Cover all your tattoos up! Training was a couple of days of this online program.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose to be any kind of animal, which kind would you be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't settle for minimum wage if you have some college credits under your belt.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Hurst, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Must have retail experience
    Must have customer service skills
    Must be aware that your not just on a job, but the expectations are great
    Must have basic common sense skills, once the training is over, there are no go backs to training

Interview Questions

• Situations where a customer is involved and what you would do.   1 Answer