Macy's Interview Questions

2.3

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

stupid basic questions, nothing exceptional. no interest in getting to know the person in front of them. not a real interview. pawned off to three different people. the third person I actually interviewed about the job. I was applying for rather than that person conducting the interview

not enough money

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

My experience was relatively simple and easy. I applied online, and within a few days I was invited by email to interview. I was interviewed by a manager, which took about 30 minutes. It may have simply been the manager I was interviewed by and that I had experience in retail and customer service so it went more quickly. During my time working there I saw a lot of people applying via the computers in the office.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the pay is what it is.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online. I got an email the next day saying I had an interview. 2 weeks later I went in for the interview and was hired on the spot. The lady interviewing me was really nice. She just asked why I wanted to work there, my availability, a time I saw someone doing something wrong and what did I do, a time I worked with a team to achieve a goal, and that was pretty much it.

No negotiation since its a seasonal job. Offered 9.00. Min wage

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interview proces was very quick and easy took about 15 min. The hiring manager came in she looked drained and a bit tired. I wooed her and I was hired on the spot! I saw several people before me get turned down. But I was confident and answered the questions to the best of my ability.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer to take risks or do you like stability? How comfortable are you with change?   Answer Question
    $9.00 an hr

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied from a posting on snagajob, a got an email about setting up an appointment for an interview the next day. I made the interview for later that week. They asked the basic questions, and hired me on the spot. she told me the starting new hire orientation salary would be 7.25, and then 8 dollars an hour once i started working, i said okay because i needed a job. i ended up getting paid 8 $ an hour for the orientation, hoping my next check will be more than 8$. i love working at macys.

was none

Seasonal Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and got an email with an attachment to fill out. Received another email to schedule an interview appointment. Arrived early as requested. Was introduced to the interviewer. He asked what position I was interviewing for. When I told him he seemed confused and told me the position had been filled. I had driven 40 minutes...I was very surprised. He did not even apologize. It left a bad taste in my mouth - I expected better.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in a Seasonal sales position.   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Excellent process for entry-level positions. Submitted application online and received feedback within a couple days to come down for an interview. Basic questions such as why Macy's, explaining a time in which I saw something wrong and how I acted, how did I help when someone in my group did not do their part, etc. I was encouraged to reapply for a permanent store position since the seasonal one had already been filled by the time I got the interview. Great experience for someone's first job interview, though.

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Recruited by former supervisor. Interviewed with the store manager and then the account coordinator and account executive. Had a lot of experience in cosmetics and counter management so the interview process was more of a get to know you now vs. your management style from the past.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question that I could recall.   Answer Question
    Difficult negotiation because I wanted a higher hourly rate because of my experience and it took a while to get it, but I eventually did.

Temporary Merchandising Support (Holiday) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

Applied online and 2 weeks later received an email. I scheduled my interview online and saw them 4 days later. The interview was fine. The position (visual merchandising) I applied for was filled and she offered me a merchandising support position. She asked all the typical questions off a sheet and wrote my responses down. I was offered a position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    $9.00 p/hr for training and $9.10 for position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and got an email the day after saying they want to have a phone interview with me. Two days later, I randomly got a call and was interviewed on the spot. They called back again about 2 or 3 days later and asked more about my availability and was hired as a seasonal support associate, eventually became a permanent sales associate.