Macy's

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

its pretty basic...first, you set up an appointment. second, you meet and greet. third, you answer the same questions they ask you in different ways...tell them how you believe the customer comes first...and how you are so persuasive. last you say thank you, and goodbye..in your own preferred ways...then you keep calling.

Interview Questions
    • how would you get a customer to open an account, and how would you get them to buy more?   View Answer
    none

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, received an email about a day later stating that I had been selected to schedule an in store interview. Interview took about 15 minutes asked basic questions, basic duties all the basic stuff. I was told I would be contacted within a week about the availability of the position and whether I was hired or not. It has been 2 and a half weeks since the interview and I have not heard from them yet.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you experienced failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

It was an open interview to ensure people would come in. Backgrounds and Drug tests were administered on site. The background checks would come back weeks after hire and people were no longer scheduled. So criminals were working in the warehouse for a brief period of time. There was no real interview process, everyone was hired that walked through the door. They were just filling spots in order to get their tax break for hiring people. People were hired in pajamas, it was so bad.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked in a warehouse before?   View Answer
    None.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

I applied online for a Visual Merchandiser position, and received an email the next day inviting me to schedule an interview through a link they provided. Once at the interview, I had to wait 20 min to be taken back. The receptionist was trying to track down the Visual Manager, but no one knew where she was. Three associates were discussing where she was and saying things like "I have no idea where she is" and "Did she go home already?" Finally, another woman took me back and was a sales lead. She informed me that the Visual Manager had gone home for the day, so she was going to conduct the interview. She asked me strictly sales questions, like "Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?" and things like that. I asked if I would ever have to work at the cash register during a shift and she said no, so I saw no relevance to the Visual Merchandising position I was applying for and the questions she was asking. At the end of the interview, she informed me she wanted me to come back the following day for a second interview with the Visual Manager since she was unable to interview me the first time. I took time off from my current job again the next day and went to the second interview. A woman took me back immediately this time, but the first thing she said was "The Visual Manager is gone for the day. I am the Sales Supervisor but I was the Visual Manager a few years ago, so I know what she is looking for." I instantly was bothered because I wanted the chance to meet with the woman who I would be reporting to. The second interview was geared more towards Visual Merchandising, and she asked me questions about my previous retail jobs and my visual experience. After the interview, I hadn't heard anything for about a week and a half. I called the store and asked to speak with someone about the status of my interview and if the position has been filled yet. The man I spoke to asked if I had received an email regarding the status of the position. I said I did not receive anything yet, and he said "All communication is done via email. Continue to look out for an email" and hung up. A month later I got an email saying that my availability did not correspond with the days and hours needed for the position, therefore I was not chosen for the position. I did not understand because I selected completely open availability on their questionnaire that I filled out when I applied. Overall, the interview process was very unprofessional, unorganized, and severely lacked communication. I was disappointed I did not get the job because I really want to be a Visual Merchandiser, but I don't think I want to work for a company that handles the interview process this poorly.

Womens Shoes Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

the hiring process requires the applicant to fill out a questionnaire that takes about 30-45 mins to complete. Then you wait for HR to get into contact with you. The interview was very laid back and the lady didn't ask too many difficult questions. After the interview with HR I went to talk with my department manager and immediately the hiring paperwork got started.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were based on circumstances and usually went like this: tell me of a situation where you had to deal with a problematic associate and tell me how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

I applied from macys.com next day got an email for an interview, i chose the day to go. At the interview they asked me about my work experience etc..
    How will i react to certian event in the job.

Interview Questions
    • We start paying 7.75$ per hour to start is that ok??   View Answer
    8 hours per week, 7.75$ per hour, dress code all black

Charming Charlies Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Résumé to them. Meeting with manager and another girl. Very open and polite. Also had me do a matching test. Interesting steps. Did not hear back from them as they had said as soon as I anticipated.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in this kind of situation what would you do...(all the questions were asked that way. And how I'd treat the customer)   Answer Question
    • Enter a question you were asked.   View Answer

Another job called.

Visual Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied to Macy's after college career program for visual management online. I had two interviews over the phone with different representatives from the recruiting team. Both were professional and well spoken. Questions were behavioral and personal ranging from "tell me about yourself" to "is it appropriate to have a work related confrontations via text, email, or in person"

Interview Questions
    • The most unusual part of the application process was a timed online logic and math quiz. There was also an untimed behavioral quiz that was very long and basically asks the same questions in different ways over and over.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview process was good. Didn't have to wait. One of the managers came in and interviews. Asked 3-5 questions, easy questions. Got the job. Nice managers, very helpful. HR was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do, if you saw one of your employee doing something illegal?   Answer Question

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Was called a couple weeks after application was submitted online. Arranging a meeting was simple and the interview was straightforward. The manager said they hire a lot of college students during this time of year. Manager was nice, although if you apply for more than one position, the manager here was unclear as to exactly what I was doing. Vague. I thought I was going to be an on call employee when I ended up working there more than planned.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you caught someone stealing?   View Answer