Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015
3,516 Interview Reviews

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email to arrange an interview for this position. It was a great experience, I interviewed with the Cosmetics Department Manager. She was lovely and made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Didn't get the position as they were looking for someone for at least a year. But she told me to come back and re-apply if my availability/plans changed. Seems like a good work environment from what I saw - but of course this varies from location to location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Not interactive at all. Interviewer read questions off a sheet and wrote down my answers. There was no time allotted for me to ask questions at the end, and I was pressured to take the job on the spot. They sold me loads of awesome-sounding benefits like flexible/self scheduling, which turns out to be true only for full time employees, not the part time position I was being offered.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time it was difficult for you to do the right thing (or something to that effect.)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in December 2014.

Interview

the interview process was long, and took five different interviews with different departments. One interviewer would like me enough but not enough to make me a job offer so they would just hand off my applications to another manager in a different department. A few managers felt that i was too experienced or too good for the positions they had to offer so they would hand off my application to someone who they thought would hire me and was a better position. none of them lead to any job offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my knowledge about the company and the products they offered   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Very profesional and easy, I was waiting for 30 minutes, the interviewer asked me for my experience in retail sales, and very basic questions, I applied for cosmetic and fragance but they offer me a position in men's department, and I accept their offer.
    The interview took just 10 minutes as much.

Interview Questions

• Describe me a situation when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

They emailed me to schedule an interview. I waited for an hour. When I finally talked to someone, they told me they'd call me to schedule another interview. I waited 2 days, called them, and they never got back to me.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day to schedule an interview. I went to the one-on-one interview and was surprised at how,relaxed it was. They asked important questions that all pertained to aspects of the company/ different scenario and how you would handle them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to cooperate with a manager to help a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview

First i applied online then they call and set app to go to a location to have the interview they ask me a few question about me . what was the reason that take me to applied there , i told them that was because they are a great company , they seem very pleased and hired me

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email a couple days later asking for an interview and what day/time would be best for me. I had the interview a business day later. The hiring manager was very nice and friendly. The interview lasted for a good twenty minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral based.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Bronx, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It took 1 day. I went for the interview about 2 days later. It was a 1:1 interview, the manager seems nice, got a bit nervous, answered the questions the best I can. I wasn't offered the position. I guess me being nervous turned him off. Just dress professionally, don't get nervous, be yourself and have confidence. Maybe you would get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about applying makeup to your clients?   Answer Question

Flex-Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Charleston, WV) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was pleasant, I liked the manager. She was late getting to the interview, but other then that, everything went smoothly. I applied in late May and was finally hired and cleared to work by early June. It took just a little over 1 month. I had nearly given up on getting a job in the first place by the end of it. Finally got the email confirmation and a phone call to come to work over the weekend. Then I was scheduled to come in to do training on the internet ( in the HR department) before I could start work.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were pretty typical. Asked to describe a situation when a co-worker or supervisor did something that surprised or inspired me on the job.   1 Answer