Macy's

2,488 candidate interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Chula Vista, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online and they sent me an email to schedule for an interview a few weeks later. The interview process was like 20 mins long and they ask pretty general questions most that are on this website.

Interview Question – Pretty Easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Beauty Advisor (Part-time) Interview

Beauty Advisor (Part-time)
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an invitation for an interview via email. Very easy process. Picked a time online that worked, and came in to interview with HR. He asked very basic questions and it lasted only 15 minutes. He said he liked my experience and would pass my resume on to the cosmetics manager. I was invited back a few days later to interview with her and she said she really liked me and I was what they were looking for because she liked my sales background - even though I had no cosmetics experience. Same type of questions, nothing difficult - standard questions. A week later I was interviewed with the brand manager. This one lasted 2 hours. An hour with him and I got grilled. Then he softened up and started to like me, so I knew it was heading in a good direction. He then brought me down to the counter. I was then interviewed by the counter manager and someone else associated with the brand but I forget what she does. They really liked me and offered me the job right after. I was able to negotiate a better base and I'm satisfied. Base plus 3% commission - and very happy with it. Everyone was super nice. Just be confident and you have to sell yourself. It was harder than I thought to get a beauty advisor job but I like the flexibility of the hours. Weekends are required.

Interview Question – All very standard: name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer; how comfortable are you working on a team; are you comfortable working for commission; can you work nights and weekends   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered me a base. I asked for 3 extra dollars per hour. He said he couldn't go that high. I said I would meet them in the middle. I was offered $1.50 extra per hour.

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – They ask me typical interview questions. Why Macy's? How are you going to sell a pair of jeans? Do you have computer skills? When can I start. The interview was 45 minutes and they tell me the results immidietly

Interview Question – How will you handle with rude customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – apply online. stop in store or call for follow up. If you are looking for a beauty department role wear make up that is better than boring but, nothing extreme.

Interview Question – why macy's?   Answer Question

Sales Aaaociate Interview

Sales Aaaociate
Sarasota, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

Interview Details – several interviews for various positions, two stores in Sarasota, various positions, one interview the Manager and I were laughing all the time we talked, only glitch-had orientation scheduled for day I worked at another job. Kinks worked out, rescheduled and started, able to take time during orientation to learn register

Interview Question – what would I do in certain situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email invitation to schedule my interview online, via Macy's Scheduling Center. I scheduled an interview for the following week. The person that interviewed me read the questions from a list that she had. They do not deviate from the questionnaire, they will not try to get to know your work style on a personal level...every question is straight from the list. I was contacted via email the next day, informing me that I was not a candidate for the position.

Interview Question – All questions were customer service related...the "what would you do if" type of questions, and the "tell me a time when you experienced such and such with a customer." Typical customer advice questions.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online around the Holidays. The application was pretty standard. Was called for an interview a couple of days later and met with a manager. After a brief interview that was basically what department do you want to work in, I was offered a position. It was pretty easy, but they were hiring for the holidays so that was probably why. Mostly they want to know that you will push their credit card and try to reach your sales goal.

Interview Question – Asked what my sales background was   Answer Question

GIFT REGISTRY ADVISOR Interview

GIFT REGISTRY ADVISOR
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – The online application is lengthy. Then you are required to fill out a questionnaire that is a bit of a psychological profile. It's over 50 questions. I was invited to schedule an interivew, which I did. The entire process up to this point was automated. When I arrived for the interview, I was told that the person hiring for the position was off that day, and I would be interviewed by the office manager. It was clear this was a waste of my time. We went through the interview, however, which consisted of a shorter version of the online questionnaire. "What would you do if you saw a fellow employee steal." "Give an example of a time you showed integrity at work." Stuff like that. The next day I received an email telling me I was not being offered the position because of the times I indicated I was available to work. I found this humurous since I had indicated in written and verbal form that I was available days, weekends, night and holidays. When else is there?

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you showed integrity at work.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, answered a questionnaire on behavioral/situational things. Emailed a few weeks later and asked to pick an interview time. I arrived 15 mins early and used the specified phone to let them know of my arrival and they said they would be with me shortly. My interview was at 11 am, I was not called in until 11:55. The interviewer looked bored and stared around the room as I spoke. In the end, it was all just a waste of time; she said they wanted to hire me but there aren't any jobs available. I was pretty mad at how unprofessional the company and the employees were. If you don't want to hire someone be forward with them.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?
How would sell a pair jeans?
Name a time when you had work with a coworker to solve a problem?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Wayne, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online. The process took a few days and then I got an email to schedule an interview. It was the easiest interview i ever got and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – No difficult question. It was all easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. It was my first real job that wasn't a temp job. The manager basically guided me through the interview and was really nice. She even gave me hints.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!