Macy's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
2,562 interviews

2.3

Food Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Macy's.

It took 2-3 months for them to get back to me about being hired seasonal. The interview was easy. There was a group interview of about 20-40 people. Then they called you in individually for a 1:1. At the end of the 1:1 they let you know if you where hired and asked you to go sit back in the open area. You got your paperwork and date to report to orientation.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's.

HR contacted me to set up an interview about a week after applying online. The interview was pretty straightforward. The interviewer asked questions off a list. So the questions were pretty standard stuff that you would here anywhere else. ex. Why work at macys? Strengths and weaknesses?, Describe a time where you had to use teamwork to solve a problem? ....

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but quite a few situational questions, so be prepared with your examples that show your teamwork, leadership, problem-solving skills, etc...   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Got an email to schedule an interview. Picked the first available day, showed up went to HR office and sat and waited forever. Interviewer shuffled through paperwork to ask me questions. Said I would get an email if I did or did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a group assignment. What was your task and how did you handle this.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Nothing difficult. The interview process is very basic and not very long. They just want to know that you at least has some personality and aren't a total lunatic. I would simply suggest that you relax and be yourself without trying too hard to impress

Interview Questions
    Be honest and upfront about what you want

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and received an email back to schedule an appointment for an interview. Got there ON TIME and was told that the woman that was supposed to interview me was on lunch. had to wait 20 minutes before the lady came back. I was led into a room where the interview was actually conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't a difficult question but the biggest question was describe an experience in which you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate, but I received more than my last job so I was okay with the salary.

Fulfillment Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

HR sent me an email to scheduled the interview. Interview was with the department manager. He described the job and give me the option to choose between 2 positions available. Hired me on the spot. HR start with the background check process. Have to call to the HR office asking about the job was offered to me (manager forgot to call me) manager call me right away. Easy interview

Seasonal Retal Stock Receiving Part-Time 5am-2pm Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Harper Woods, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Harper Woods, MI

After appying online I received an email invitation to schedule interview via email after about a week of trying was finally allowed to schedule interview. I was dressed in all blak pants suit shirt and shoes with matching small clutch purse was complimented on how nice I looked. I w as interviewed by Stock receiving supervisor dressed in black stretch capris, sneakers at top and sweater....

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions:
      Why do you want to work for Macy's?
      What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing?
      Give an example of you showing team work on the job.
      Availability?

Nothing diffcult about the questions.
        Answer Question

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Basic have your or have you not ever sold anything. What would you do to encourage a customer to buy more? Have you ever worked with a cash register? Have you ever dealt with difficult customers?

None

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's.

The time between the online application process and my in-store interview was less than one week. The person who interviewed me was incredibly friendly. She had not reviewed my application beforehand, so she asked me to tell her about myself while she flipped through it. Then, she read some interview questions pretty much verbatim from questions described on Glassdoor (i.e. study up!).
    Let me say this: I had ZERO retail experience. It helped my interview that I took the time to learn what Macy's looks for in a Sales Associate (a motivated, enthusiastic team player who has proven to work well with people) and demonstrate those qualities in my answers. Maybe I'm an overachiever, but I practiced (and still do) my Macy's credit sales pitch on my boyfriend.
    I was not hired on the spot, but on the same-day. By the end of that week, my paperwork and 2-day training was complete!

Interview Questions
    • There was a question asking how I would act if someone I knew did something unethical, such as steal.   Answer Question
    Macy's does not let you negotiate. You get paid based on your retail experience.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Just a few basic questions asked by the manager followed the list. simple questions about customer services, team work, and so on. There were a lot of people in the waiting room. They didn't talk about the pay or any other things.

Interview Questions

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!