Macy's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandising/Stock Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Merchandising/Stock Associate (Seasonal)
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online about 2 weeks ago, and few days after I applied I was emailed to schedule my appointment, but unfortunate for me the earliest I could get was about a week and a half later. Anyway I did my research, I personally decided to wear all black( slacks, black button up, and the darkest shade of brown boots).

I arrived about 15min early, greeted everyone in sight and sat down waiting. Fast forward to the actual interview, my interview was quite pleasant. The department manager was very understanding that this would be my very first official job(even though i've done tons of voluntary work over the past several years). He also explained to me there were 3 type of positions involved in this particular department, which were merchandising/stocking(replenishment), processing( loading and unloading trucks), and pricing(price tagging,etc). I made it clear to him I was interested in the merchandising/stocking position, after a few more questions and scenarios, he said he would like to hire me. I start orientation/training next monday, I'll be more than happy to provide that experience as well if this review is received well.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time where you had to switch tasks in a quick manner.   View Answer
  • If you saw an employee doing something wrong, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After our conversation, and his series of questions, he offered me the job. He was very considerate into making sure i was interested in the position, and I happily accepted. Also he mentioned that there will be paid training, but minimum wage(in Chicago, thats $8.25), and after training I would be making $8.50 an hour.

Stock Associate Interview

Stock Associate
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online on Macy's site, received an interview via email in a week. When you check your email you have to schedule an appointment, I chose the day after the next. I think that's the reason why I wasn't prepared. Either way, I tried my best to study the questions and did my best. The interviewer was sweet even thought I knew I hesitated and spoke unclear. The job was a loss but that was on my part, either way the interview wasn't so bad.

Interview Question – Why Macy's?

What do you know about the position you are applying for?

Situation questions like "What do you do when someone has done something unlawful," or "name a situation..." etc.
  Answer Question

Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview Details – The people at the front desk were very cold and ignored me so I had to be pushy to let them know I was here and ask what they wanted me to do. Then after a long time of waiting and other people interviewing I was pulled to the back and asked about my availability and what it meant to work for them. I was asked what customer service means to me. I was asked if I had ready transportation every day and how I'd engage a customer.

Interview Question – Explain what customer service is to you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate it was my first job

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Bops Interview

Bops

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I work there already and wanted to switch positions so i ask my manger and told what kind of job i really wanted. She referred me to the BOPS. She called the other manger and i have the interview the next day and it was simple questions and i was hired on the spot and i filled out transfer papers and started in a coupe of days.

Negotiation Details – maybe

Executive Development Program Interview

Executive Development Program
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty straightforward. I met with an HR Representative as well as a Product Manager, which was helpful (in my opinion). There are the standard questions i.e. Why do you want to work for Macy's etc. but there were also a slew of behavioral questions. My advice to those who plan to interview for this program: practice answering questions relating to real life/ work scenarios.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you were able to persuade someone to see your point of view.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Sign on Bonus.

Support Manager Interview

Support Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details – 7 easy questions that any retailer would ask you.
You will be interview by whatever manager is available, no matter if you will report to them or not. It's a very easy process. Don't sike yourself out.
What made you apply for Macy's?
Tell me about a time when someone wasn't completing their share of the workload?

Interview Question – None of the questions are difficult at all. You just have to know how to answer them.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Receiving Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – i filled the application form online , after 3 days i got a call regarding interview on the phone , they asked me several questions which were easy to answer :)

Interview Question – why do u like to work here?
if u saw someone is stilling what would you do?
do you have any experience regarding sales?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Temecula, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online. The next day I got an email asking me to pick an interview date. There were three dates to choose from, and I picked the soonest one, which was for two days later. When I showed up, I was asked very simple questions. Nothing was difficult, and the whole interview lasted ab out 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to help someone with an unexpected problem and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and received an email a few days later asking to set up an interview. It took a while for an appt time to be posted, which was about a week later. The interview was straight forward. They asked questions about my previous experience in retail. I got the job on the spot.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions was "How did I respond to seeing some stealing?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email the next day telling me to schedule an interview. It took a few days for any interview appointments to become available but finally one opened up. The interview was very quick and easy. The interviewer was friendly which put me at ease. He asked me a total of 5 questions with some chit chat in between. After "seeing what openings they had", I was offered a position.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was told I would be making $9.20/hour.