Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
3,223 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was very nice and just asked basic questions. Like Why Macy's? How would you accomplish your sales goal for every shift? Name a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it? Majority of the time Macy's will hire someone with little or no experience. Going into this I only had two months of legitimate job experience. It really is all about how you answer each question. Overall, it wasn't a hard interview and I was hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

During interview other staff kept walking in and out. The manager was very standoffish and made it clear that I had to eat breathe and sleep macys. She couje careless if you had anything that would interrupt with the job

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was really easy just standard questions. But the interviewer keep pointing out that I was a GIRL and that he had MORE GUYS to interview that week. The interview went really well and since I had already worked at another Macy's for a year in a similar position I was confident I would get the job. However an hour later I got an email telling me I didn't fit the requirements for the position.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

I applied for seasonal Merchandising associate. Was called a few days later for a phone interview. They asked questions like, why do you want to work for Macy's? , have you ever managed a group before?, etc etc) then I was called again about 3 days later saying that the early morning shift that I wanted for merchandising wasn't available but Receiving had early morning shifts available, so I told them it was okay and accepted the position. They told me to come in for paid train that Thursday and Friday. After that I haven't heard from them, nor did I have a schedule on insite. I called and went up there a few times to speak to a manager but every time I was told they were in a meeting. Finally about three weeks later I called and asked for a manager's direct number and got ahold of the Receiving manager and he told me to come in the next day.

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair on campus. I applied online and had an two Skype interviews and there was a pre night to meet the associates. Everyone was very nice and easy to interview with.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Lakewood, CA).

Interview

They basically want to know how important your customer service skills are. Like most retail jobs common sense goes a long way. Have specific examples in mind regarding past customer experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you found out a coworker was stealing?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Fast, informative and asked about my experience with coaching, inspiring and providing results through staff. Asked me to sell the piece of paper on his desk. Asked me what I will do to obtain new product knowledge on a regular basis in order to educated customer and associates on products.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about holding associates accountable to sales goals and performance?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Interview

applied online, sending email to ask me to schedule an interview in person within 2 weeks.
    I was 15~20 minutes for my interview, HR assistant took me into the room and interviewed me with few short questions and the interview ended within 20 minutes. I asked her when will I know if I have a second interview, she told me the position was filled not open but they just accumulating resume for future use.
    By the way she is not the manager who supposed to interview me; however, she was honest and told me she is not familiar of what kind of people does the manager wants/needs.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if your coworker gives you a hard time or being difficult ?   Answer Question

Interview

The first orientation for jobs were in the job search center. The application is online, choose any job interest, later is the interview. The salary is comission. But not all jobs is for comission. The interview is one for one.

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a interview at Macy's a day later when I had apply and wanted me to schedule an interview time. The interview was very basic and easy to answer. The lady who interview me was reading the interview questions off a piece of paper. No smile or nothing very stand offish. I felt like she was not really want to get to know me and was just worry about getting my answer to write down and over with. After the questions was done she then explain that they are intereviewing more people and expect a response later in the day. Basically the whole interview took about ten minutes.