Macy's

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,922 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

Firstly you fill out an online application. If you've never done one with Macy's before it can take about 30 minutes or so. Its a standard questionnaire, so it's fairly easy. The actual interview is also very simple, I was asked about how I would sell products and dealing with pressure.

Interview Questions
    None at all. When your seasonal the pay is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online for the Macy's in the mall near my house before Black Friday. Three days later, I received an email that Macy's will calling me soon. I received their called today.The interviewer very nice. She give me a brief description about the interview. She ask me about my work experience and scenario. that 10-14 questions. The interview took about 20-25 minutes. After the interview, she offer me the job. She told me about the paid and schedule for my training. I very excited to start working there

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online which was kind of daunting. I've applied to other retail jobs online and the application was relatively short and to the point. Macy's, on the other hand, was much longer and wanted more info, which made it longer to fill out.

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Apply online and you will get an electronic email asking you to select an interview schedule if you qualify. It's pretty easy to get an interview since its done by computer.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. Whats your strengths? Describe a time when you blah blah blah.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in December 2014.

Applied online via CareerBuilder that made you fill out a "personality" questionnaire (12 pages worth), then got en email to schedule an interview online. Picked the earliest date I could, came in, waited about 20 minutes with ~20 people. Taken to interview room (5-6 simultaneous 1:1 interviews), asked canned questions they read off a form they need to fill out, asked me to ask questions, then went to "check what position is available" and came back with offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to sell something to a stranger.   Answer Question
    • Macy's highly values integrity. Tell me about a time when your integrity was questioned and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable-- they come back with the position/department and hourly wage. You either accept it or reject it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. You must be 18+ to work here. If you get an interview, you're basically hired. They will hire you on the spot. Questions: 1) why macy's? 2)what do you do to celebrate a sale? 3) how do you encourage customers to buy more things? etc
    Answer they are looking for: 1) macy's is a long standing company. 2) "thank you for shopping with us!" 3) telling them that we have a lot of sales and coupons!

Interview Questions
    • The questions are really basic. They often ask you the same questions over again but in a different way.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

two interviews on total . the first was on the phone with HR manager and the second was with the hiring manager who offered me the position. the questions were very easy and direct and the manager was very nice to me .

Holiday Human Resources Interview

The person interviewing me was very nice, however the Interview was very unprofessional. She thankfully was very forward and gave honest information.....pretty much let me know I would be working crazy hours and not get paid much. She told me in my situation, she didn't think I should be applying for this job at Macys. Retail is bad, but apparently Macys at holidays, even if in offices, is very bad.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and got an email requesting an interview then next day. The process was really quick and easy, really basic. It's not hard at all. The job is a total shoe-in :)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us? What would you do if you saw another associate stealing?   Answer Question

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesex, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesex, NJ

I applied online and after 6 days I received an email to schedule for an interview thru a link which I did, the interview date I picked was Dec 2 2014 by 12:15pm, I arrived there by 11:00am, and I walked to the office and the secretary told me to drop my name and phone number down that if the manager is free before my appointment time I will be called if not till 12:15pm, she said I should just hang around, so I decided to do some window shopping around the store, while I was walking round i saw one of their staff with a cart of items to restock and the cart was about to fall from her so I ran to help her and she tried to fix the leg of the cart that fell out, after that she thanked me and we both smiled at each other, while I was still walking I saw a customer and she said to me that I look good and I smiled and said thank you and I told her her hair looks good and we both smiled and maybe because I was wearing black on black with long boot she thought am a staff lol,she told me that she was looking for a red round neck sweater and all she could see was a v neck and I helped her to check also and we did not see so she had to pick the pink color, and I left her and told her to enjoy her shopping, when I left her i walk to another direction and i saw exactly what she was looking for and I took it to her and she was soooo happy and she thanked me and said I am her angel for that day and I smiled, when it was 12:05pm I went to the office again and the secretary told me that I should exercise patience that the manager will soon be free so I went out again. I decided to stand close to the office to wait and while I was waiting I saw the staff I helped early walked thru to the office and we smiled at each other, about 12:25pm i received a call that they are ready for the interview and I walked in and the secretary introduced me to the sale supervisor "the same person I had helped with the cart"and said she will interview me and the woman smiled at me and said " hmm we meet again" and we both smiled, she then took me to the interview room, there were chairs and tables there she then pulled out a chair and told me to seat and she sat also, she now proceeded with the questions from a book, 1, Tell me about yourself, 2, have you ever sold something to a stranger and how did it go, 3, if your team is given a task to do and everybody thinks it is done but you feel it is not done what will you do, 4, why Macy's, 5, Are you a risk taker, 6, How well can you use technology, 7, Has your integrity been tested before, have you seen coworker stealing and what did you do about it, 8, Availability, 9, what method of payment did you use at your last job. I was so bold answering the question and I even gave an example of the lady I help to get the red sweater and that made her happy as well, because I had early seen these questions on glassdoor and as I was answering I was looking into her eyes and she was writing down things, after i have answered all the questions she now told me that they pay their seasonal $8:25, and weekend is compulsory and some late night also.i was worried about the late night cos I went with bus so she said I should discuss it with my husband and call her the next day unfailingly cos other people are still coming for interview. She even said if I perform well they might even hire me for permanent, the next day I called her and told her that I am available for the job so she said the will give me a call to come for the paperwork, the pay is not too ok for me but I just needed to include Macy's in my CV and to get some experience there.

Interview Questions
    When I applied I put $9:75 but they said they pay their seasonal $8:25, so I had to accept it.