Macy's Interview Questions & Reviews

2,566 interviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Got an email to schedule an interview. Picked the first available day, showed up went to HR office and sat and waited forever. Interviewer shuffled through paperwork to ask me questions. Said I would get an email if I did or did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a group assignment. What was your task and how did you handle this.   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and got an interview. Interview went well & was invited to a second interview. The woman said that the manager from the cosmetics counter would give me a call in a couple days to set up the interview. Called a week or two later to check in about it & couldn't get ahold of anyone. Left two messages throughout the week and never got called back. About a month and a half later, I went in to the counter that I was supposed to interview for and asked the associate about my situation. She told me that it took them 8 weeks to call her and not to worry about it. Never got a call. This was months ago. Don't tell people that they have a second interview and then never call them. Very unprofessional.

Seasonal Retal Stock Receiving Part-Time 5am-2pm Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Harper Woods, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Harper Woods, MI

After appying online I received an email invitation to schedule interview via email after about a week of trying was finally allowed to schedule interview. I was dressed in all blak pants suit shirt and shoes with matching small clutch purse was complimented on how nice I looked. I w as interviewed by Stock receiving supervisor dressed in black stretch capris, sneakers at top and sweater....

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions:
      Why do you want to work for Macy's?
      What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing?
      Give an example of you showing team work on the job.
      Availability?

Nothing diffcult about the questions.
        Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Just a few basic questions asked by the manager followed the list. simple questions about customer services, team work, and so on. There were a lot of people in the waiting room. They didn't talk about the pay or any other things.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's.

The time between the online application process and my in-store interview was less than one week. The person who interviewed me was incredibly friendly. She had not reviewed my application beforehand, so she asked me to tell her about myself while she flipped through it. Then, she read some interview questions pretty much verbatim from questions described on Glassdoor (i.e. study up!).
    Let me say this: I had ZERO retail experience. It helped my interview that I took the time to learn what Macy's looks for in a Sales Associate (a motivated, enthusiastic team player who has proven to work well with people) and demonstrate those qualities in my answers. Maybe I'm an overachiever, but I practiced (and still do) my Macy's credit sales pitch on my boyfriend.
    I was not hired on the spot, but on the same-day. By the end of that week, my paperwork and 2-day training was complete!

Interview Questions
    • There was a question asking how I would act if someone I knew did something unethical, such as steal.   Answer Question
    Macy's does not let you negotiate. You get paid based on your retail experience.

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Basic have your or have you not ever sold anything. What would you do to encourage a customer to buy more? Have you ever worked with a cash register? Have you ever dealt with difficult customers?

None

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Very easy. Everything online. Applied and interviewed 3 days later. Was asked a series of questions and was hired on the spot. However, this varies by location. I interviewed at a different location and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a problem you've faced. Tell us about a time you worked with others.   Answer Question

Retail Stock Merchandising Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview was scheduled for 10am when the store opens, interview did not start until about 10 minutes later. Was about 10-15 minutes long. The woman who interviewed me was really nice, very easy interview. Asked why macys, about previous retail experience, about integrity, customer service, and about the hours. It was a flex on-call position so she asked if I would mind having 15 hours one week two days a week, and then the next week maybe getting no hours at all. She then looked at my schedule and said it was pretty open, but that I needed to be available either all nights or all mornings for merchandising/stocking position, and said she wouldn't be able to hire me at this time, but would keep my app on file and that I should apply to sales, which is another interview process entirely.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an employee was on his/her phone and they needed to be working with you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Applied online and setup an interview two days later through their website. The interview was easy with basic questions like why Macy's? and most of them were related to teamwork. The manager that interviewed me had a whatever attitude I replied with great answers and have the skills needed still didn't get an offer.

Seasonal Holiday Help Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Quick , professional, and simple. If you are an experienced person with customer service and interaction, and are outgoing and definitely not timid or shy than you should have no problem passing the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you saw another employee do something wrong.   View Answer