Macy's

3,031 Interview Reviews

2.3

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

It was good. The recruiter asked basic questions and was very nice. She made me feel very comfortable. I am waiting for the next process which is the skills interview as there is a three step process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and received an appointment for an interview through the email. I went to the interview dressed as usual, but elegant compared with the women associates look as deaumbulants, horrible hairs, very unprofessional, looks dirty.

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Submitted application online, heard back within days and hired on the spot. During the interview I was asked about how I handled an ethical situation at work. The focus was mostly on my past experience in customer care.

Interview Questions
    I did not try to negotiate salary but felt it was slightly possible to get more than offered,.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

I applied online and received an email the next day, inviting me to come interview. I could choose the time. One-on-one interview in private office. Interviewer wrote down all my answers. Standard interview questions. With a bit of common sense, it is fairly easy. There was time afterwards for my questions, and I was offered my choice of 2 jobs on the spot. Low pay and no negotiation at all, but commissions should bump it up a bit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you saw someone doing something wrong, and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

The online application took about 30 minutes, if even, to complete. I got contacted the next day to schedule an interview. I really liked the idea of scheduling the interview. I scheduled for 5 days after I got the email. The woman who interviewed me at my particular location was awful. I showed up about 10 minutes early, and she came in about 5-7 minutes after my 4pm appointment. I dressed the part in a black and white polka dot pencil skirt, a nice white shell, and a black casual blazer. I shook her hand and introduced myself and felt an icy blast automatically. She would not unfold her hand for the handshake. Very odd. We went back into a little room and we discussed the basic questions. However, she would often question me on my answers.

Interview Questions
    • -Why do you want to work here?
      -When were you in a team environment?
      -Have you ever had any conflict with coworkers?
      -Have you ever felt as if your confidence has been threatened? (very weird question to answer).

I felt as if I was being interrogated for a murder! I am 18 years old, an AP/honors student in high school with plans to attend a vigorous 4 year university this coming fall. She asked A LOT about my availability. I answered with how my studies are a priority at this point in my life, and she asked WHY? I was disgusted. I was more than willing to work weekends and selective evenings during the school week. She then asked how long I was planning to work with them, and I said that since I will only be at school 20 minutes away, I could come home on weekends and work. Get ready for this statement, and I quote:

"All you college-bound kids say you'll come work weekends and you never really do, so I don't know about that answer."

You're interviewing ME, not "other college-bound kids". That comment really infuriated me. Then, her cell phone rings, someone asked to meet her for food. She answered and said "oh yes, I'm almost done with this thing." Thing?! It's a job interview. Be professional. It pretty much ended a few minutes about that. She said "Well I don't think I'll be making a decision today, but you seem nice so you may be in the running after I see how the other interviews go." I said thank you and to give me a call, but now that I've had some time to think about it, I don't think I'll answer.

Macy's is not a bad place to work, I'm sure of it. It just wasn't the best place for someone with my availability at this time, or the fact I'm just a "college-bound kid."

View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

I applied online 2 days later I got an e-mail to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and the lady was very nice that interviewed me which was my department manager. The interview questions were easy only 7 questions. Original questions such as "Why do you want to work at Macy's?" I was hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you and your co-worker had to achieve the same goal.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

I arrived early at the location specified for the interview and waited about 3 minutes before the manager himself arrived to greet me and lead me to his office. After asking a question, listening to my response, and taking notes, he would explain the job in detail and what it would require of me. All of the questions were about theoretical scenarios, probably because I had no work history that directly related to the position. Very friendly and energetic.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone breaking the rules?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your coworker wasn't doing their work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to change priorities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

Applied online, got an email to schedule an interview. Went to the interview less than a week later. Basic interview question from a sheet of paper. Was told I would get a call within 2 weeks. Still no call.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Seasonal Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

Initial interview, mgr was professional, took notes, and attentive. Panel interview for different job-a mgr was texting on her phone, very unattentive, no notes were taken, and was basically told in the interview I wasn't getting the job and who was. Asked basic interview questions. The interview itself was easy. The difficult part was trying to ignore the unprofessional mgr that was texting and not paying attention.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time, you handled an irate customer and how did you resolve the manner.   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

You sit down with a hiring manager and you're asked about your experience within retail and also in the cosmetic field. Such as have you ever applied makeup to other people other than yourself. Are you quick on your feet? Can you handle work under pressure? And also can you handle multiple personalities? Once you are hired you are then put into a room where you will learn all of the following macys procedures.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when a customer asked what are the benefits of opening a Macy's card?   View Answer