Macy's

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,923 Interview Reviews

2.3

Retail Support Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview was very straight to the point. He was looking for a leader and a hard worker especially because of the holidays. I was a very relaxing and comfortable interview. I did not get the job due to me not having any leadership experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions. Just have examples of how you have lead people and how you are a leader and can motivate everyone.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

Firstly you fill out an online application. If you've never done one with Macy's before it can take about 30 minutes or so. Its a standard questionnaire, so it's fairly easy. The actual interview is also very simple, I was asked about how I would sell products and dealing with pressure.

Interview Questions
    None at all. When your seasonal the pay is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online for the Macy's in the mall near my house before Black Friday. Three days later, I received an email that Macy's will calling me soon. I received their called today.The interviewer very nice. She give me a brief description about the interview. She ask me about my work experience and scenario. that 10-14 questions. The interview took about 20-25 minutes. After the interview, she offer me the job. She told me about the paid and schedule for my training. I very excited to start working there

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online which was kind of daunting. I've applied to other retail jobs online and the application was relatively short and to the point. Macy's, on the other hand, was much longer and wanted more info, which made it longer to fill out.

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Apply online and you will get an electronic email asking you to select an interview schedule if you qualify. It's pretty easy to get an interview since its done by computer.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. Whats your strengths? Describe a time when you blah blah blah.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in December 2014.

Applied online via CareerBuilder that made you fill out a "personality" questionnaire (12 pages worth), then got en email to schedule an interview online. Picked the earliest date I could, came in, waited about 20 minutes with ~20 people. Taken to interview room (5-6 simultaneous 1:1 interviews), asked canned questions they read off a form they need to fill out, asked me to ask questions, then went to "check what position is available" and came back with offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to sell something to a stranger.   Answer Question
    • Macy's highly values integrity. Tell me about a time when your integrity was questioned and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable-- they come back with the position/department and hourly wage. You either accept it or reject it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. You must be 18+ to work here. If you get an interview, you're basically hired. They will hire you on the spot. Questions: 1) why macy's? 2)what do you do to celebrate a sale? 3) how do you encourage customers to buy more things? etc
    Answer they are looking for: 1) macy's is a long standing company. 2) "thank you for shopping with us!" 3) telling them that we have a lot of sales and coupons!

Interview Questions
    • The questions are really basic. They often ask you the same questions over again but in a different way.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

two interviews on total . the first was on the phone with HR manager and the second was with the hiring manager who offered me the position. the questions were very easy and direct and the manager was very nice to me .

Holiday Human Resources Interview

The person interviewing me was very nice, however the Interview was very unprofessional. She thankfully was very forward and gave honest information.....pretty much let me know I would be working crazy hours and not get paid much. She told me in my situation, she didn't think I should be applying for this job at Macys. Retail is bad, but apparently Macys at holidays, even if in offices, is very bad.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and got an email requesting an interview then next day. The process was really quick and easy, really basic. It's not hard at all. The job is a total shoe-in :)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us? What would you do if you saw another associate stealing?   Answer Question