Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
3,854 Interview Reviews

2.3

Macy's Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview where I was setup for my in person interview. At the in person interview, I was interviewed by the men's department manager. The interview was easy and I got a call the next week for the position. I went in the next week for training.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Brief, interesting, and a learning process. The interviewer was a nice person but it was a bit monotonous. Also, the questions asked were a lot like the same other interviews.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Easy interview, questions weren't too crazy. Very nice lady, the overall experience was very good and positive. Spots were taken so I was "bookmarked" until another spot was available but she said I definitely here back from them again.

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online for holiday season support position. Was emailed with an invitation to interview. Selected time and day for interview. Arrived to interview and was greeted by the interviewer in about 10 - 15 minutes. Interview process was pretty straight forward. Was asked about 10 questions pertaining to customer service mainly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Industry, CA).

Interview

i applied online and a few days later received and email from Macy's inviting me to an interview (it went to my spam folder) then a few days after the email i received a phone call from Macy's once again inviting me for an interview. they allow you to choose the best day/time for you interview from a webpage ( it's better to pick the soonest date). once the interview is confirmed you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to check in and where to go. you arrive and enter the main entrance where you have to check in with security. they check you ID, take a picture of you,and give you a name badge. you then are allowed in to the waiting area.there will most likely be other applicants there too.the first part of the process was a group tour of the warehouse. an employee will show you around the entire warehouse and give you some brief info on the various types of jobs. our tour guild said they give a tour first because lots of people apply/interview but then quit once they see the warehouse. next he will take you up stairs to another waiting/lunch area where they will sit you all down and ask "so does any one want to op out?".they also gave us the pay and hourly details at the point. if you don't like what you've seen this is your chance to leave.finally they interview each person one by one. you can hear the other interviews because they happen a few tables behind you lol its not that bad really. the ask you quickly about your last job but it seems that they are more interested in whether or not you are still willing to work there after taking the tour and finding out the pay . everyone was hired. they have you sign a pre-employment contract and let you know that once the background check is complete that they will contact you for Orientation.Orientation was a breeze. .its just sitting in front of a computer for 5 hrs. all you have to do is review documents,fill in documents,and watch safety videos.bring you id/ss card and banking info (a blank check or routing info). i would recommend opening a bank account before orientation if you can. if you don't have a bank they make you use a pre-paid visa card to access your paycheck. you don't have to dress fancy but they will be taking you employee ID picture so it would good to look nice for that.oh and they give you a little gift :)

Interview Questions

• give an example of another time you worked in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Good, in my case it was not a group interview. Very nice hiring manager. I guess, I was overqualified for the position. My application was benched for another department when a position became available.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I applied online, got an email to schedule a interview. A few days later went into meet with one of the Cosmetic Managers. Interview maybe lasted about 30 min or so.

RTM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collierville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Collierville, TN).

Interview

Notified about the position by a friend who works at Macy's. Met with store manager then District manager. Contacted me a week later with details and offer. Very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone on your team that isn't pulling their weight.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online for receiving position and received an online confirmation. I showed up for interview posted and was told that was a mistake and that position wasn't available but that a sales position was. I accepted the sales associate interview and was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Was easy, manager made me fee very comfortable. Very quick, took about 15 minites or so. Focused moatly in my ability to manage tasks on time, being a team player, and also being reliable on my own; dependability and punctuality are a must .

N/A