Macy's Interview Questions

3,232 Interview Reviews

2.3

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Fast, informative and asked about my experience with coaching, inspiring and providing results through staff. Asked me to sell the piece of paper on his desk. Asked me what I will do to obtain new product knowledge on a regular basis in order to educated customer and associates on products.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about holding associates accountable to sales goals and performance?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Interview

applied online, sending email to ask me to schedule an interview in person within 2 weeks.
    I was 15~20 minutes for my interview, HR assistant took me into the room and interviewed me with few short questions and the interview ended within 20 minutes. I asked her when will I know if I have a second interview, she told me the position was filled not open but they just accumulating resume for future use.
    By the way she is not the manager who supposed to interview me; however, she was honest and told me she is not familiar of what kind of people does the manager wants/needs.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if your coworker gives you a hard time or being difficult ?   Answer Question

Interview

The first orientation for jobs were in the job search center. The application is online, choose any job interest, later is the interview. The salary is comission. But not all jobs is for comission. The interview is one for one.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in April 2015.

Interview

It was an extremely low key interview. My interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. I first walked into the HR room and picked up the phone to notify them i was present. Then a worker came down and greeted me and guided me up to the HR offices. I then sat down in a private room and answered a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer set up the Macy's App   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very informal style interview. Basic question for retail management. However, my interviewer was awesome she made it more of a conversation style and that suited my interviewing style. Felt more like a conversation then a actual interview. Then, as the interview was coming to a conclusion the assistant manager asked me if I would like to chat with the HR manager (another interview.) Generally if that happens you did something good enough to move you on to the next step!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you helped a employee who was a under performer in a certain category?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Have you developed any employees to the level of promotion?   Answer Question

Retail Support Associate Flex Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Fayetteville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Was easy and comfortable. I had met the interviewer before and she remembered me. She asked me about my availability and the support questions. Told me about the position and what I would be doing. Flex positions are mainly "on call" position but I still took it since I have been wanting to work for Macy's for a long time. I'm going through the background check process right now and cannot wait for my first day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. $7.55/hour.

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a interview at Macy's a day later when I had apply and wanted me to schedule an interview time. The interview was very basic and easy to answer. The lady who interview me was reading the interview questions off a piece of paper. No smile or nothing very stand offish. I felt like she was not really want to get to know me and was just worry about getting my answer to write down and over with. After the questions was done she then explain that they are intereviewing more people and expect a response later in the day. Basically the whole interview took about ten minutes.

Flight Attendants Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically like everyone else says. Walk in and someone from inflight does a presentation about being a flight attendant, company history etc. Then the interviewers come in each one has a name. You go back to a room you have between 1-4 other ppl in the room interviewing at the same time. They ask you the usual customer service questions. If they like you they tell you they want to ask you a few more question. Two people (more than likely) from HR ask you. Few more questions way easier than the first set of questions. Basically are you ready for the change, ready to relocate if need be. They tell you to step out for a few minutes while they talk. They came back after about three minutes and offered me the job. Immediately went back to the airport did drug screening, vision and hearing tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult coworker?
      What's a misconception that you think a customer would have about you?
      Why do you want to be a FA?

Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Salem, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied online via their website and got an email the next day to schedule an interview. You schedule it yourself online so you can pick the most convenient time for you. I interviewed a week later for about 20 minutes and received a job offer right then.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about applying makeup to someone's hands and/or face?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of one time you worked as a team to accomplish a project or goal?   Answer Question
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the cosmetics manager. It took about 30 minutes. She asked me about general retail situations. If you have experienced getting interviewed with retail stores like Target, then you understand the basic process on this interview.