Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015
3,863 Interview Reviews

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Was easy, manager made me fee very comfortable. Very quick, took about 15 minites or so. Focused moatly in my ability to manage tasks on time, being a team player, and also being reliable on my own; dependability and punctuality are a must .

N/A

Sales Associate In Macys Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Very friendly interviewer. She was impressed by me more than the previous applicant because I stood up to shake her hand, i didn't say umm, i had a quick response to her questions and i was naturally friendly and we made small talk. These are all things she told me. She took me under her wing she was so excited to hire me!

Interview Questions

• She asked about my skills and why I wanted to work at Macy's   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and got a invitation to an interview within 24 hrs. Went to the interview and the hiring manager was really nice made me really comfortable and then she invited me to come in for a second interview to meet with the account manager and counter manager they all seemed to like me and the interview went great. The account manager told me the hiring manager will give me a call real soon.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions just be truthful, enthusiastic and make sure you show them that you can sell.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The process is very fast, I feel so lucky because the manager who had interview with me she is so friendly, clam my nerves and everything go so well. I went to glassdoor before i had my interview, the question is very similar with the website. I'm so glad about that. But somehow the counter manager not always here, the process took me about 2 and half weeks to get it done.

Interview Questions

• What is your retail experience? how you sell me about Macy's card?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I hope the process can be shorter, they look like they like me, but they never tell me which day to work.

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Mentor, OH).

Interview

Applied online, contacted via email for an interview the next day, went to the interview and it went well. Was asked things like why do you want to work for macy's, what would you do if you saw a person stealing. Heard from them about 3 weeks later via email stating I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for macy's   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

One on One with my potential manager in the store. Asked me about previous work experience. Any work experience in retail and how long I planned to work at Macy's. Standard name a time you failed and name a time you succeeded. What hours would I be available to work.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online took 4 days to schedule an interview online then when you opened the link there would be a button for schedule interview it is an first come first serve basis if your late to schedule the interview you have to wait until its okay again.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email first to schedule an interview. When I went back to the career page there were no time slots only an invitation. So you have to wait for an automated phone call to schedule an interview. Overall, the applying experience was fairly simple. Then during the interview, I was greeted by, I am assuming the hr manager of the particular store or a manager in general, she was nice and read the questions from a binder, and jotted down my answers, as you will read throughout Glassdoor that everyone does that. There were no surprising questions, all of the questions were similar to what people on here have already posted. At the end of the interview she told me she is sorry that there are no position available. Apparently, that is there way of recruiting the best talent, I was kind of upset by that answer however it was a good experience to have just to get used to interviewing, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Macy's?   Answer Question
    • What was one problem you encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • How would you let a customer know they bought a good pair of jeans?   Answer Question
    • Are you more detailed oriented or a broad thinker?   Answer Question

Cashier, Or Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Quick and easy, nice interview room (helped nerves a little), simple question's, friendly interviewer and I was hired on the spot. Macy's made this interview a positive experience for me.

On-Call Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I completed an application online on a Monday and got an interview email the next day. I set up my interview to be the following week. I went into the office and met with the manager. It was an easy interview, I was offered the job on the spot.