Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015
3,651 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Standard interview questions, but it was very clear that the hiring manager had already chosen to hire another applicant before the interview even began. She basically showed disinterest from the beginning of the interview, probably seeing as she already hired someone else, so the interview felt unnecessary.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Okemos, MI).

Interview

Interview process was slightly easy. At the time I applied employers were just starting to incorporate the behavior based interview question model. The process in it's entirety took about 2 weeks and I was hired shortly after. No drug test was administered.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in a difficult situation? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Hermitage, PA).

Interview

Very fast and brief. The interview was maybe 20min long. Just told me about the job and what my responsibilites were. Was hired on the spot. I was able to negotiate a little higher based on my experience.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Apply online and emailed for interview Went in and the lady made a face and that just gave it off Interview was pointless no matter what I said. Oh well

Fragrance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Plantation, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a professional representer of Macy's. She was easy to talk to and the conversation flowed. Being that I have a college degree they gave me the information on how the growth program works in the store. Macy's seems like a great company to work for and I can't wait to begin my new journey.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and what did you do? Tell me a bit about yourself and why you chose to apply for Macy's?   1 Answer

Full Time Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

This whole process took about a week tops! I went through two interviews. My first interview was with the Cosmetics Manager which went very well considering I ramble when I'm nervous. She then passed my application onto the Account Executive. For my second interview, I did a phone interview with the "AE" of the brand which lasted about 45 min and voila! I passed both interviews and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this brand/company? What's the reason you left your previous job? How would you sell me a Macy's card? What are your weaknesses/strengths? How do you feel about touching people faces?   Answer Question

Shiseido Cosmetics Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in July 2015.

Interview

I walked into macys and sat in the waiting area where the macys jobs computers were, waited for 15 minutes. A really nice girl walked out and greeted me, walked me into a office and asked me a few questions. She then said she wasn't sure if the position was still available because the open positions change alot, and see if there are others available. Another woman came in a greeted me with a smile and was very welcoming, she offered me a part time job for retail dresses/suits and explained the details, training and orientation and of course I took the job offer. She called me by my name and said welcome to macys. I was hired on the spot. The women were extremely nice and welcoming. The other girl came in and told me congratulations and that my interview outfit was perfect. I signed a paper and they transferred me over to AST to book appointments for training and orientation for Monday and Tuesday. And the questions were very easy.

Interview Questions

• would you be comfortable applying makeup to another person's face?   1 Answer
    • Are you available on weekends?   1 Answer
    • what is your availability like?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about your past experiences?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you helped a customer   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Macys?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked on a cash register when working at vons?   1 Answer
    • Can you explain your employment at vons?   Answer Question

Flex Meal and Break Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted about 40 minutes and was very laid back with straight forward questions. She initially started out with why I wanted to work for Macy's and I suggest everyone has a solid response for that question if you want to make a good first impression. After the interview was over she then offered me the job and I will be starting tomorrow!!! Good luck to everyone else, and also thank you to everyone who has posted their interview experiences because I know reading those helped me mentally prepare for this interview!!!

Interview Questions

• The interview I struggled with the most was when they asked me "give me an example of a time you were in a situation where you had to meet a certain quota and tell me how you met that goal."   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got an email to schedule an appointment. I kept checking on their scheduling center for an available date to schedule and later got an appointment scheduled. I drove over to the wrong Macy's because there's two in the same location of where I applied. So I was in a rush and drove to the correct Macys down the street and had an employee direct me to the right direction to wait for my interview. I sat in an area with some couches and waited for a little and my interviewer took me to a small office in the back and read my literally like 10 questions from a sheet of paper and told me she'd be back after she was done asking me questions. She came back and told me there were no positions open for the evening shift, which I wanted. It was to be expected since all the reviews on glassdoor said this happens all the time, but my interviewer said she'd bench my application and call me back if a position opened. The benched application lasts for 3 months. Also, most of the interview questions dealt with problem-solving questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to pitch an idea to someone and how did it go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Lafayette, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email 3 days later to schedule an interview. The manager was on time for the interview. It was similar to any other interview in retail, but the questions weren't as overwhelming as my first Macy's interview a year ago. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you had to work in a group.   Answer Question
    • How would you offer a Macy's card to a customer?   1 Answer