Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
2,723 Interview Reviews

2.3

Merchandiser Seasonal Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

online application, email for interview to set up time. Upon going into the office for an interview I was in an office with a man who was the Executive manager for over 15 mins without introducing himself and even after the job was offered to me I then had to ask the man his name... Was interviewed by the dept manager, and didn't introduce herself either... After being hired I was told that even though I had applied for a 5am to 2 pm position that they were changing my schedule to night shift. I was extremely disappointed that I had gone through all the paper work for the hiring process before I was informed of the change in my schedule I informed the man I would have like to have been informed of this before I gave them all of my personal information because I would have respectfully declined then.

Interview Questions
    • Alot of situational questions, name a time when you saw someone do something unethical, name a time when you had to work in a team, how would you acknowledge a customer...   View Answer

The hours I applied for were changed without informing me.

Associate Planner Interview

-Phone interview, went through easily, then onsite, and finally with the manager you are suppose to work with.
    -Did not ask questions that were overly difficult.
    -Entire process took 2 weeks- they also paid for my trip to fly to New York!

No Negotiation.

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. Within a day I got an automated email asking me to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview was told the job was full time. $11+/ hour. I was then asked for a face to face. When I arrived at the store, I was interviewed by two young guys. Told me job was only part time and pay is under $9.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a stressful situation are your previous job?   Answer Question

Expected full time and better pay only to find out it was less pay and less money.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

By the Apply online, I was interview a week later In Macys Company.It was 20 minutes interview time.It was a basic question.After a week, contact of the results of the interview suit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Make a NEW account because I wasn't receiving any interview appointment. After a week i haven't finished the training.... takes long to get a PC at that Macys. It help a another woman was before me, she was wearing a very low rise white jeans and a small t-shirt. No very professional. I was wearing 3 pieces, all BLACK WITH a pink shirt. And boots.

Interview Questions
    • What should do when see someone doing something illegal or inappropriate?   Answer Question
    $8per hour on Draw vs com

Early Morning Seasonal Receiving Interview

Applied on online. Called to interview 3 days later. Went to macys second floor and waited for hiring manager. Took me into a back office and asked several questions about availability and standard customer service interview questions

Interview Questions

Got called first by another position

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I received an interview within a week of submitting my application. Questions were pretty typical interview questions. There were a lot of scenario based questions that started like "What would you do if..."

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you noticed a coworker or manager doing something illegal or against store policy?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

The interview went so smooth and esay. He only asked me :" why did you choose to apply at macy's?" Then he asked about my available hours and if i was ineterested in a full time position after the season, and he said he gonna call me within 3 days.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interview process seemed casual as like a conversation thanks to Glassdoor and preparations. I had to wait a few minutes but it wasn't that bad. I didn't get hired but I know now what Macy's expects for their future employees.

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online on Sunday, and received an interview invite the following day. I scheduled my interview for the next day at 4:30PM. I arrived about 15-20 mins early and waited in the lobby. My interviewer was very warm welcoming and friendly. He asked about 5 questions and my availability. He gave me the run down of the different positions and offered me a position. I enjoyed the process, and I was prepared thanks to Glassdoor interview reviews for this company.

Interview Questions
    • All easy questions. Why Macys? What did you do to work as a team? How did you adjust and respond due to consent change? etc   Answer Question