Macy's

Very Easy Interview

Retail Support Lead Interview

Retail Support Lead
Meriden, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied got and email a day later to come in for an interview. I scheduled the interview and came in.. Mind you I come dressed in a tie and have 3 years management experience at Sears. So much for being a classy store, the guy who interviewed me was in a polo shirt. He told me the position was filled but there was a position opened for 1 day a week unloading trucks... Is that a slap in the face or what?

Interview Question – Where do you currently work   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because I was offered 4 hours a week

Seasonal Stock Interview

Seasonal Stock
Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online it was really easy. Few days later they email saying you can set up interview. They asked about 4-5 questions. The interview was fast I was there 20 minutes early probably overdressed. The person didn't seem like they cared to do the interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions just why Macy's, tell them about a time you saw something dishonest, they ask about a time a team member didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Retail Support Associate Interview

Retail Support Associate

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Came in for a 11:00 interview, wasn't interviewed until 11:45. Another manager from a different store gave me an interview. Questions were pretty straight forward. I got hired on the spot and i accepted. I start training in the next couple of days. The best part is i'm getting started with 9.50 an hour.

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to negotiate, everything was pretty much acceptable.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online. It took a few weeks for them to call after applying. I did two interviews before being told I was getting the job. Unfortunately I didn't get added to the schedule until a month later.

Interview Question – It was a while ago i interviewed. I dont remember the specific questions. I would say average interview questions. Also, the interviewer read small paragraph scenarios and asked how I would go about handling those situations.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an interview the next day. Simple and behavioral questions. Why Macy's. What will you do if you saw someone did wrong or theft. Give me a time when you gave a best customer service. The interview just took 15-20mins. I applied as support associate but was offered a job at sales.

Interview Question – nothing. all were easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – firm rate

Seasonal Retail Stock Merchandising Part Time Interview

Seasonal Retail Stock Merchandising Part Time

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a message back 5 days later for an appointment. Arrived 30 min early though I didn't get interviewed until a little after my appointed time. Greeted the interviewer, and she asked about my class schedule. Then asked the basic "Why Macy's?" and "Tell me a time when..." questions. Got rejected at the end of the interview since my classes clashed with the work times.

Interview Questions

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Loss Prevention Detective
Saint Paul, MN

Interview Details – Applied online, received email about setting up a phone interview. Received call from the LP manager 1.5 hours after scheduled time saying they had gotten busy and were unable to call.

Interview Question – None were asked   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Loss Prevention Agent
Santa Clara, CA

Interview Details – Phone interview with the LP Supervisor, general questions, about my experience, etc. Nothing unusual. Very directed. He seemed upset about something, it was they way he interviewed. almost like he had to interview me. it was possible he had someone else in mind.

Interview Question – He asked how old I was????   View Answer

Seasonal Stock Merchandise Interview

Seasonal Stock Merchandise
Stockton, CA

Interview Details – Sucked , horrible interview I ever gotten . Denied me for not having work experience even though I put it in my application . Wasted my time coming in . Interview lasted 3 min . Answered all questions with good answers

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work for us   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser

Interview Details – Before my scheduled interview, I received a phone call letting me know that the position had been filled but that I should come in anyway because there were other openings. We discussed a position in sales for wages plus commission. The interviewer was encouraging - telling me that with my qualifications I could move up fast.

Interview Question – Same questions everyone else has posted.   Answer Question