Macy's

Very Easy Interview

Clinique Beauty Advisor Interview

Clinique Beauty Advisor
Meriden, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in November 2011.

Interview Details – I did a one by one job interview with a sales manager after making an appointment via email. It was an awkward scripted interview. Then I interviewed with the store manager which was a much better interview. Then I interviewed with the account coordinator over coffee. LASTLY I did a even more awkward talent plus interview over the phone. the person asks you odd questions and doesn't say anything else.

Interview Question – During the talent plus interview I was asked "What do you believe in so strongly that you would defend it publically?".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was too afraid to negotiate because I really needed a job...

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Administrative Support Team Member
Staten Island, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I first interviewed with Paula the cosmetic's manager, she enabled me to be as comfortable as possible. She presented a friendly, outgoing, professional demeanor. I then interviewed for the bridal consultant position with the manager Mario, he was professional, and honest. Mario decided that with my background I would be a better "fit" for the Administrative Suppport Team. I then interviewed for the third time with Denise Mengani my current supervisor, she decided after examining my resume, and speaking with me, to offer me the position. Denise, helps me with all of my request's and concerns.

Negotiation Details – I was offered a dollar more to work as an Administrative Support Team member, versus a Bridal Consultant. I am very content for now, with this salary, as I am learning, and Macy's was nice enough to offer me a job, during a time when I couldn't find a job that matched my work background. This job is also very convenient, since the travel time is minimal, and allows me to accomodate Macy's flexible work schedule.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Interview Details – Beware easy come esay go... Research your company people really? I am shocked by the lack or preperation people went to as I waited to be interviewed.

Interview Question – What makes you a great fit for Macy's   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was a very easy process. I applied and a week later I set up a interview. Most of the people being interviewd didn't seem as experienced as me but still got hired

Interview Question – How would you sell a store rewards account   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Executive Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – The first interview was through the on campus interview processes. Then received an invitation for a second round interview on site. They were looking for management qualities and their questions reflected that

Interview Question – business case where they gave you a series of situations and then asked what you would do if put in the situation   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online, the following day i was contacted by the HR call center, I had a phone interview. After the phone interview i was offered the job, they just had to verify my employment history. I went in the next day and signe paper work and was enrolled in an orientation class.

Interview Question – name a time when you had to work as a part of a team, what was the project, your role, and the result.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

EDP Interview

EDP

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews to go through...two phone calls or on campus meetings, then an on-site two day interview process then you meet with a regional director. They are very serious about who they hire and you really have to prove yourself. Although some very talented people didn't get in and some crazy kids did get in so I'm not sure who makes the decisions if some of the recruiters are better than others at talent development but mine that I worked with was really great so I can't complain.

Interview Question – A lot of real life examples such as reading reports and such on the spot, just don't go into the job if you don't know anything about retail   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate

Corporate Executive Training Program Interview

Corporate Executive Training Program

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Was recruited through a career fair at my university in California. Moved onto information meetings, and eventually got called to an interview on my campus. That went well and was invited for second round, in Seattle. Went well again. Got a job offer, but turned it down due to a better offer from another company. In the preliminary meetings (and in the interviews), just make sure to be friendly, outgoing, smile a lot, and remember their names! They love that. Be yourself and if you're a genuine, nice, smart, and happy person, they will like you.

Interview Question – At the interviews in Seattle, they had a hypothetical situation where they provided us with numbers and percentages that were imaginary sales goals and compared them to the actual (imaginary) earnings by department. It was difficult because they told us to pick one department to focus on and make improvements upon for the next (imaginary) month. They asked why we selected our choice, and what we would do to improve sales (i.e. inspire/motivate your staff with rewards for most Macy's accounts opened, create an event to promote a certain line, like a fashion show, etc.).   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined because I did not like the hours--did not want to work nights, weekends, and holidays.

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later I got an email from Macy's asking me to schedule my interview. When I went in for my interview I was greeted by a secretary in the executive office . My interview was conducted by one of the sales/department managers in a private office room.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you encountered a difficult or rude customer - how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – The interview process was very organized and detailed. There was a lot of communication throughout the process which helped and made things easy. The employees were very helpful also.