Macy's

2.3

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I applied about a month ago, and they sent me an email confirming my application. A week later after I applied I received another email saying they would be giving me a call soon to interview me over the phone. I never got a call, but they sent me another email asking me to schedule an appointment for a face to face interview. I scheduled it for 5:00pm. I dressed in all black, black dress pants and a black blazer and my makeup was done. The interview was fairly short, she asked me questions like " name a time where you had to sell a product to someone" and if I had experience. I have to wait a week to here back from them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't that difficult for me because I'm passionate about makeup. But take your time and actually think about the question.   Answer Question

Seasonal Selling Floor Recovery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I interviewed at Macy's on a Saturday. I sat in the waiting room until they finally got to me and went to the back with my interviewer. She was very nice and complimented me on the coat I had on. She began the interview and asked me questions while writing down her responses on the packet she had with her. I was asked questions such as why Macy's?, describe a time when you dealt with a specific situation, about working with electronic devices, and about my availability. In the end, my interviewer told me that I should receive a phone call the week after my interview but I did not receive a phone call or email to tell me the outcome. Overall, it was a great experience because it was my first time going on an actual job interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade a customer to sign up for a Macy's card?   Answer Question

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I apply online, receive the email for interview schedule on the next day. On the interview day, I dress nicely, go to the HR room, wait in there. Then I was called for interview. The questions are quite easy. She told me that alot of people apply for the job, so they will decide who get the job after all interview. After 2 day, I get the refuse email.

Seasonal Stock Receiving Interview

The interview was fine until they told me that the job was already filled after i had answered questions. I wasted my time for an interview for a position that was not what I applied for. I kindly told the interviewer that that was not what i was interviewing for. Wasted my time and gas for an interview that was not what i applied for. The guy was nice but the fact they had wasted my time angered me

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had a difficult employee working with you, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

The job was not what I had applied to. Pay was less, and hours would be terrible. Plus the commute would not make it worth the low pay.

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Macy's.

The interview was casual and easy, I loved my boss, she was kind and sympathetic to everyone's individual needs. She even allowed me to charge for a new pair of comfortable shoes to wear until I got my first paycheck, I thought that was so kind of her and showed her trust in her employee's. I would work for Macy's again in a heart beat ! It would get quite busy and sometimes you didn't get to ring up your own sales and as a result one time I didn't make nearly the amount of commission sales I should have and she was quite disappointed in the girls for that, but I learned from that experience, this was back in the late 1990's so I don't know if they have upgraded the system for recording your sales in the cash register, but I thought it could of been more fail proof and easier at the time to say the least. Overall I loved it and would and will work for them again, I love Macy's it's like a second home to me and I especially love it at Christmas time with all the decoration's and music, it wouldn't be Christmas to me without it !!

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about it at all, I had worked for other locations I believe Woodbridge Commons and Menlo Park Mall.   Answer Question

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I applied online one thursday in the middle of the night, and like 10 hours after they send me an email to schedule an interview. I was surprised because the invitation for the interview was very fast. So, I chose the interview for 2 days after. I had enough time to prepare myself for the interview. I have to say that all the questions and comments in this website were very helpful for me. I went to my interview on Sunday morning and all the personnel were friendly with me. The interviewer was very nice as well. The interview was quick and easy, just 4 questions and after 15 minutes the manager makes me an offer and i was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? ...what experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had to sell an idea or item to someone?   Answer Question
    • ( about integrity).... Have you ever seen a coworker do something illegal, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer came to you with a problem and how you handle it   Answer Question
    The position was for seasonal part time sales associate but the manager offered me the permanent position and full time, that was great. Maybe my lucky day.. in 3 days i applied, had an interview and hired. Good luck to everyone. Just be yourself and try to answer the questions with examples of your previous employment history.

Retail Support Associate, Flex Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

Online application. Text message if scheduled for interview. You need to login to your account to read the message (email not sent). Second text message reconfirming appointment. No text message after 48 hours however login to account will show status email.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

A few days after applying I recieved an email to schedule an in store interview. During the interview you go to the HR department and call for the manager.
    We met and went through routine questions "tell me a time when you had to sell to a stranger" after answering the questions I recieved an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a product to a complete stranger?   View Answer
    They told me the base pay and the percentage of comission. It was satisfactory so I agreed. Set up my schedule for the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I was rejected! I cannot imagine why. Is it because I put down that I have an M.A.?
    The process for Macy's is an online app - as is usual these days. They ask three or more pages of questions that were obviously designed to weed out certain personality types. The questions are repeated (in different ways) as many as five times.I thought I was answering correctly although I know there are no correct answers - but things like "do you feel responsible to always stop what you are doing to help out another associate" are obvious - or so I thought. The wording is complicated. Sometimes I would, other times, I would not. It all depends on the circumstances, and in retail you cannot always drop what you are doing at the moment. They are also keyed to see how you accept authority "Would you always tell a supervisor if they were wrong" (again of course, depends...)
    I was really counting on this job. Not to be conceited, but I am very personable outgoing and well presented. I also love retail stores. Do not have years of experience, but thought seasonal would be a good way in, thought they hired freely as it is so easy to fire these days.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you feel it is always your job to tell a supervisor if you think they are wrong" or something along those lines   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

it was easy i applied online and it took 2 days nd i got a email to register for the interview nd it was the best one i had with any manager, i didnt take the job because they pay 8.00 and they dont give you all of your hours.

Hours and pay