Macy's Interview Questions

2.3

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moreno Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call rather than the usual email within 2 days. My interview was schedule within 2 days and I will know within 2 days whether or not I got the job. I arrived about 20 minutes early and waited 25 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have that makes you think you can be a successful Sales Suoervisor? The interviewer was one tough cookie. This wasn't even the hardest question she asked.   View Answer

Seasonal Retail Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montebello, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

The interview process was smooth. Showed up 10 minutes early and was called in 5 minutes later. The hiring manager was super sweet and put me at ease for a bit and she undestood and I was a little nervous and said "I over look that". She ask me about 6 questions and the interview was done in a total of 10 minutes. She said I will be getting a email in 1 to 2 days to let me know if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about macys?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team and one member was not doing their share   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I completed the application form online. They sent me an email to schedule an interview next day. The HR and the manager were friendly. The interview was smooth and relaxed.

Here were my questions:
    -Why Macy’s?
    -Describe the time you helped your coworker.
    -Describe the time you worked with a team. What’s the outcome?
    -Tell me about a time you had to offer a customer a better alternative.
    -How do you sell a Macy’s credit card? What should you do if the customer say no.
    - What is your availability?
    -What was a time you had to approach a stranger to sell a product or idea?
    -How to upscale a sale to make it into a bigger sale?
    -How would you use technology?
    -If you work with a team, which part do you like the most, which part do you dislike the most?

Interview Questions
    • I reviewed the questions here before the interview, so no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Seasonal Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied to the job and a day later I got an invitation via email to schedule an interview. it took about 3 days to get an interview and I was scheduled for one a week later. I wore all black to the interview. When I arrived I checked in and interviewed with the receiving manager about 10 min after waiting. We shook hands and the first obvious question was: why macy's? And we basically talked about my experience in receiving. At the end he congratulated me for doing a good job and he told me that he would put me in a pool to be called when a position is available so I was a bit confused because it sounded like I got a job but at this point I'm waiting on a phone call

Interview Questions
    • what if you saw an employee stealing?   Answer Question
    • what if you had a certain amount of time to get something done? how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question
    I gave the manager my permission to put my name in a "pool" to be called when the position opens and there was no negotiating. He informed me that Macy's does not negotiate salaries

Seasonal Stock Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online it took around a week for them to email me about a Interview. After the interview I was told there would be a background check which I filled out. I took another week for them to get back at me that my background check had cleared.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not very hard it included simple questions like why do you want to work here, what do you bring to this position, and what is your availability.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online and received email after a week for an interview.
    I went there 10 minutes before my interview time and I was interviewed 10 minutes after the supposedly interview time.
    The questions asked was the same as the questions posted here. I was nervous thats why I think it did not go well.
    It just took us 30 minutes interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question really. Just relaxed and be prepared.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online got an email next day to set up an interview. Interview was for a week later so I studied all of the questions on this site to prepare. I arrived 15 minutes early for the interview, no one was in HR so I found an associate who went to get someone to interview me. I was pretty nervous but the lady was very nice, she had a packet with all of the questions she asked about 10 and all of them I had read on this site so I had answers prepared, she wrote my responses asked my availibilty and left to see what she had available. She came back and offered me a position in women's.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to convince a stranger to buy a product?
      Why Macys?
      How would you get a customer to apply for a Macys card?
      Tell me a time you had to help a customer with a difficult problem?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Clinique Beauty Advisor Part-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

It took me about a month from the first step - applying online until the final step - actual hire. So apllied online for a Beauty Advisor witn Clinique and within two days got the email from Macy's offering to scedule my first interview throurh their online sceduling system. I couldn't get the date right away so had to check the website couple times to get the available date and the day I got was almost two weeks ahead. First interview was with a Cosmetics Department Manager who was extremely nice, everythin went smoothly and with no pressure AT ALL. The questions were absolutely typical for any retail associate position: Why Macy's, how would you make customers apply for Macy's credit card, what's your previous work experience and they would for sur ask about your availability. Make sure to tell them that you are flexible, they want you there at the busiest time, so if you tell them that Saturdays and Subdays are absolute no for you, they may not consider you at all. So the interview went well and I was scedualed for the second interview right there. the second one was with three people - Cliniqe exsecutive, Cliniqu regional manager and Clinique counter manager. Pretty much the same questions: why Clinique, What's you long-term goal, tell us about your Clinique experience as a buyer, tell us your if you ever experienced a bad customer service anywhere and what is a bad customer service for you. Everything went like a frindly conversation among good friends. All they are looking for is a outgoing gnuin person who loooves to talk and can make connections with other people. They don't even care about your experience that much. They schedualed me for the Talent+ interview which is over the phone. After that I got a call within 5-6 days with a job offer!

no negotiation

Seasonal Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online and got a response within hours to setup an interview time. This was on a Friday afternoon and the first available interview was Monday. Easy to set up. HR people were super nice while I waited for the interviewer. She was nice, a bit busy, but it wasn't the job I actually wanted. She checked to see if there was an opening in the department I wanted. There was, and after they found the manager of that department, he interviewed me. Really, really nice and easy to talk to. First woman asked typical questions, such as how did you work as part of a team, name a time when you saw an employee do something dishonest and how did you handle it. Overall a super positive interview experience.

There was no negotiation because it is a seasonal job, but that may differ for permanent employment.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online and got an invitation to schedule an appointment and did for the following day. When I arrived the first thing I noticed was the smell... it smelled like urine, the carpet was dirty and there were boxes everywhere. The receptionist asked for my name and said I was not on the "list", after ten minutes, she said that Carlos was on his way. Five minutes later a guy came to the reception and grab some papers, said hi Ms. My Name and started walking, I had to assumed that he was Carlos and followed him to his office. He closed the door and ask me to take a sit (chair was dirty), he had candy wrappers everywhere... anyways, after 30 seconds of silence (while he looked at my application) he said, "Yeah no, that's a problem". I said, "I'm sorry?", he said, "your schedule, that's a problem. I'm sorry". End of interview. I wasted my lunch hour to go to this interview. This people don't look at your application beforehand and don't even bother to make any eye contact.
    Very unprofessional.