Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
3,193 Interview Reviews

2.3

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I met a recruiter during my college career fair and I applied through my school's website. I got an email from the recruiter saying I had an interview and inviting me to do an online power point intro to get more information on the company. After that there was an interview pre-night where you could meet the interviewers. The next day was the interview which consisted of two parts. The first part was a case study where you are given the stats of multiple employees and then you must choose which one is in need of the most training. The second part of the interview was behavioral and consisted of typical interview questions.

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

There were two back-to-back interviews on campus. The questions were mostly behavioral based but also asked questions about the company and the industry. I learned that I got an interview a few weeks after submitting my resume and then heard back from the recruiter about a week after my interview.

Retail Support Lead Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Apply online, schedule interview, the Mgr arrives 30 minutes late and interviews you asking you Star type questions. . Tells you the details of the position, all the while laughing it up with you and leading you on to believe everything is all good. Until The End Of The interview she says she has an internal candidate in mind. .why didn't you tell me this when I walked in here and you were smiling and grinning in my face. ..and the proper thing to say is I'm sorry for being late to the interview with my horrible tacky lace front wig.

Don't waste your time.. the managers are rude

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way to please a customer   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process took me about an hour and a half to complete. Including the questionnaire that goes with it. The interview went really well. My interviewer was very professional, she was not the makeup manager hiring, she read questions out of a packet and wrote down my answers. The questions were basic retail questions. She let me know that she was going to pass on my information to the makeup manager, so I should expect another call for another interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell someone a Macy's card?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable applying products on a person's hand/face?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you worked under pressure and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time that you and a team got together to accomplish the same end goal and what your role in that was.   Answer Question

Easy In Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

fast easy. If they get to have you in the office for an interview. they like you you got the job. after the first 2 interviews they tell you how much they'll pay you

Macys Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Brief ask if you have sales experience that's it. asked if you are shy. they aren't looking for quality just people they can quickly get rid of. it is a low end job. and they want to keep it that way.

Interview Questions

• do you have experience selling   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online, and received an e-mail the next day to set up an appointment time for an interview. The interview itself was okay, mainly scenario questions. The interviewer just read off a paper for most of it. Afterwards, they asked about my availability and what area I might be interested in working.

Interview Questions

• A customer is trying on pants, and they do not fit. The customer starts to feel discouraged about having gained weight and having trouble fitting into the pants. How would you help this customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Arcadia, CA).

Interview

If they call you in for an interview, it is more than likely that you've already gotten the job. They ask pretty basic questions, nothing that wasn't far from the normal interview questions. i.e "Why do you want to work for our company? , What do you consider to be some of your strengths, etc. " It is a great job for beginners to gain experience in the customer service field.

Call Center Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Basic questions about personality, sales experience. Phone interview first. Then set up in person interview with manager in that department. Took about 30-45 minutes. Stand-offish, but friendly enough. Lots of questions about customer situations

Interview Questions

• Sell me this chair. How do you handle an irate customer? What are things you have had to sell in the past and what were you goals-how did you achieve them?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

I Applied online. After a few days went to the interview. The interview was very easy, they ask basic questions. They go through questioner and make notes. You need to describe a lot of situations at work. Fro example, describe a time you helped someone with difficult situation. Describe a time when you saw a co-worker stealing, what did you do? Overall it wasn't difficult, I got hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Macy's? Why should we hire you? Describe a time when you had an upset customer   Answer Question