Macy's

Updated Mar 2, 2015
3,046 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and within a few weeks, I had an interview set up. I went into their offices for the interview and was met a little awkwardly by someone who told me that I would have to wait for a little bit while the interviewer finished up with a meeting of some sort. I don't think it was this poor guy's job to handle people coming in for interviews, but he was kind of forced to do it since his desk was the closest to the front door. I think he would have rather wanted to be kept busy by whatever he was working on his computer screen then deal with the people coming in for possible seasonal work.

After the awkwardness had passed, I waited a little bit past my scheduled appointment time for the interviewer to finish up their meeting and was then invited into her office for my interview. The interviewer had a list of required questions that she had to ask, prepared as I sat down and settled myself. Some of these questions were your usual and cliche questions that everyone should have prepared, but others were about technology use that kind of threw me for a loop.

Macy's asked questions about how to operate portable devices like Ipads and the like. What made this even stranger is that the interviewer said that in New Mexico (the location of the Macy's I applied to), only management had the opportunity to use such devices.

After she asked her mandatory questions, I started to ask her my own questions. I personally like to know the internal workings of a business (I aspire to be an entrepreneur) and how leaders or managers lead or organize their duties and constituents, so my questions were encompassed around those topics, and I thought we had some nice, fairly casual conversations, where the interviewer was very open with company policy and her own experiences in the company.

At the closing of the interview, the interviewer said that she would "bench" my application, which is not a common thing that she did (so I assume that was a good thing), which was very uplifting, but in the end, nothing ever came from it.

Interview Questions
    • How well I can use technology like an Ipad, even though the associates at Macy's's in my state do not even have access to the specific technology that interviewer's were required to ask about.   Answer Question

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Submitted online application with resume, cover letter, recommendations, and college transcripts. Received email about date for phone interview. Accepted interview. The interviewer first asked questions regarding to my resume and work/study history. The last part of the interview was a case study. Basically, determine possible solutions is a problem arose in the "business".

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. Received an email and was asked to come in for an interview. Went in and spojke to the Hr manager then on the following day met with the Beauty manager we spoke briefly and got the job.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Initial contact was via email. The first interview was with the District Director of Loss Prevention. The second was with the store manager. I only had the two interviews and received a job offer officially via email. There was no HR interview. My offer letter came directly from the District Director.

Interview Questions
    I stated my requirements prior to the official offer letter being sent to me. My salary and benefits were generous.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I met recruiter on campus then applied online. I spoke to the recruiter to really understand more about the entire internship. After two interviews, I got the position and waited on my packet.

Intern Interview

I attended several networking events and company presentations. During this period I networked with a bunch of alums and the head recruiter. I also emailed back and forth with several Macy's employees. Just show your enthusiasm and network with as many people as possible. The interview consists of two 30 minute interviews with two different interviewers. It was primarily a behavioral interview and wasn't that challenging. It was very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used quantitative analysis to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and was sent an email within 24 hours to schedule an interview (online). Was given short face to face interview and received a job offer at the time.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

its pretty basic...first, you set up an appointment. second, you meet and greet. third, you answer the same questions they ask you in different ways...tell them how you believe the customer comes first...and how you are so persuasive. last you say thank you, and goodbye..in your own preferred ways...then you keep calling.

Interview Questions
    • how would you get a customer to open an account, and how would you get them to buy more?   View Answer
    none

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, received an email about a day later stating that I had been selected to schedule an in store interview. Interview took about 15 minutes asked basic questions, basic duties all the basic stuff. I was told I would be contacted within a week about the availability of the position and whether I was hired or not. It has been 2 and a half weeks since the interview and I have not heard from them yet.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you experienced failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Womens Shoes Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

the hiring process requires the applicant to fill out a questionnaire that takes about 30-45 mins to complete. Then you wait for HR to get into contact with you. The interview was very laid back and the lady didn't ask too many difficult questions. After the interview with HR I went to talk with my department manager and immediately the hiring paperwork got started.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were based on circumstances and usually went like this: tell me of a situation where you had to deal with a problematic associate and tell me how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question