Macy's

2.3

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Pretty straight forward one on one interview. But for cosmetics there are two interviews one with a counter manager and one with the cosmetics manager. She was basically just explaining what our duties where and talking about the different lines of makeup the store has. She set me up with an interview with the manager of cosmetics later that week. The second interview was light she was just asking about my avaliability and what counter I would like to work at.Then after I filled out some papers and had to come in next week for training.

Depends on your experience. Cosmetic associates get commission as well.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

3 weeks maybe a little more..online app...in person interview..hired on the spot pretty straight forward..you don't need many skills to get the job...job is best for a high school student or someone who lives at home with their parents

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

I searched on Indeed.com and found an opening for a seasonal associate at Macys, I received an email 3 days later telling me to schedule my interview, I just did the interview yesterday (Friday, November 21st, 2014) at 3:30pm. I got there 30 minutes early and waited with 2 other people. I got called in around 3:15, (I highly suggest getting their early) and was greeted with a handshake and eye contact. He said they were under construction, so he had to pull two chairs from a separate room into a closet type room and kept apologized for it being so small and kept saying "This feels weird" (kind of unprofessional) but anywho, he read my application quickly and then went on to the questions which were read of a sheet, (about 9 questions) he wrote them down and I definitely stumbled over my answers which but he said I can take my time, no rush. He then said "Okay I will be right back". A hiring manager then came in who was very talkative and did most of the talking and asked me a few questions here and there. Very easy. He told me he could see me selling men's clothing and that he actually needs to fill permanent commission based position. He asked if I could see myself trying to meet a goal, I said "The pressure of having to meet a goal would give me more motivation which would definitely help me learn faster". He likes that answer. He then asked my availability, which I think is really all their looking for, people who can show up to work any day, any time. I was then taken to a different room where a woman printed out a paper for me with dates of my training pay (8.25) and regular pay (9.50 with commission) she joked and said "Wow you already got a raise". I think he liked that I was really listening to him and smiled a lot.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the Macys credit card and how will you go about selling one?   View Answer
    No negotiation, I was happy with the starting pay since I have no sales experience.

Merchant Office Assistant Interview

First interview with HR, first half was behavioral questions, second was retail math exam. The basics, not difficult. Second was interview with who the boss would have been about past experience in field.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had to solve a problem using numbers   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I was contacted very quickly. The person interviewing me was extremely polite and straight to the point with duties and responsibilities that were expected. While there was very little room to negociate the pay rate, it was a pay that was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions that were asked were that of what one is to expect, working with others, handling responsibilities, etc. There wasn’t anything too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and within 3 days they sent me an email saying that I had to schedule my own interview. I scheduled the interview for the next day at 11am. The interview lasted about 30 minutes but there were soooo many questions. There were 15 questions, all of which can be found here on glassdoor. The interview was pretty boring, after I answered all the questions the woman left for about 15 minutes. She came back and asked if I could come back Thursday to interview again with the shoe department head. So now I am awaiting how that interview will go. I'm confused why there needs to be 2 interviews for a seasonal sales associate position, oh well.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I didn't have a good example planned for was "Name a time when you helped out someone else with a problem, how did you resolve it"   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Interview

I have a second interview this week. The first interview went very well. The manager said she liked me and wanted to know if I was willing to work in different departments. I said I was more than willing. She then said she would contact me for a second interview.

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and the next day I got an email saying I got an interview! I scheduled my interview for two weeks later. It was very easy and quick! I got there 15 mins. early and waited until my interview time. It took about 30 min. A lot of "describe a time when.." questions! Nothing too hard to handle!

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

One inital phone interview, moved on the next day to the second phone interview. After the second phone interview I was told I was going to be flown to the on-site interview. It was a two day round of events, first day was info session, second day had 4 different kinds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think a goal for employees should be tangible or intangible   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Started with an on-campus recruiter at a career fair. There's a phone interview with the recruiter and than a skype interview with an HR manager. Interview consists of behavioral questions. There aren't too many interviews to go through. At most it's only three interviews, but on average people go through two interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was what do you expect to contribute to the position   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate, but I received an hourly wage of $15 an hour