Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015
3,663 Interview Reviews

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then next day was sent a link to schedule an interview. I went to the interview early waited for the person because they were on lunch. She never came and say she was finish with her lunch and I went to tell them I was still waiting. She was having discussions that could have waited. After that had a bad vibe the whole time during the interview. Was not friendly at all!

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Arrived 10 minutes early to the interview. Went in to check in, was not greeted. Then the guy who was going to interview kept walking up and down the hallway trying not to look at me. Asked general questions.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online , and got a call for a interview . Went in the next day and got hired , but was benched :/ this was on the 8th of june . How long does it take for them too call me back ?

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stess ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

One on one interview, simple questions, easy interview. All questions were predictable and common interview questions. Make sure you are on time, dress up, and never stress about it. Handle the conversation like you are talking to someone you know. Also show them that you are interested, and welling to start as soon as possible.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took one week in total. Applied online, did the assessment, and then scheduled my interview through email. I had a one on one interview and it was fairly quick, like 5 or 6 questions. The interviewer took notes while you spoke and asked if I had any questions at the end. Oh yeah, I was also asked what area would I like to work in (men's, women's, children, etc). Then I was told he would give the information to the hiring manager or HR (can't remember) for the next step. Now I'm waiting for an email or call back.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when someone you worked with did something you knew was wrong, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The overall process was ok. I arrived 30 minutes early because I really did know where the human resource office was. There was person being interview already when i went to wait in the waiting room, there was a lot of laughing so I thought maybe wont be as bad. But I went and sat down an the questions began one after the other . The person that interviewed me wrote everything I said down everything. I am college student returning in Aug was the main reason why I didn't get the job. They told me to apply earlier.

Interview Questions

• All of the question come from this printed packet of question it felt like she asked me a good 30 questions ranging from yes or no questions to would rather work in a group or alone and why.   Answer Question
    • Why Macy's and explain in details.   1 Answer
    • Do you have computer skills, when was there a time when you used those skills ?   Answer Question
    • What are your future plans?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you didn't want to do to something, name it and how was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got an email to schedule an appointment. I kept checking on their scheduling center for an available date to schedule and later got an appointment scheduled. I drove over to the wrong Macy's because there's two in the same location of where I applied. So I was in a rush and drove to the correct Macys down the street and had an employee direct me to the right direction to wait for my interview. I sat in an area with some couches and waited for a little and my interviewer took me to a small office in the back and read my literally like 10 questions from a sheet of paper and told me she'd be back after she was done asking me questions. She came back and told me there were no positions open for the evening shift, which I wanted. It was to be expected since all the reviews on glassdoor said this happens all the time, but my interviewer said she'd bench my application and call me back if a position opened. The benched application lasts for 3 months. Also, most of the interview questions dealt with problem-solving questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to pitch an idea to someone and how did it go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Lafayette, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email 3 days later to schedule an interview. The manager was on time for the interview. It was similar to any other interview in retail, but the questions weren't as overwhelming as my first Macy's interview a year ago. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you had to work in a group.   Answer Question
    • How would you offer a Macy's card to a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (San Bernardino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a quick interview, she didn't speak great English, so that made me feel like I was out of the job immediately. All of the questions were read off of a paper.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's? What would you do if saw a coworker stealing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Torrance, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview experience for Macy's isn't that hard. I had interviewed twice. I didn't get the job the first time because I went to school and my school hours weren't flexible enough for Macy's. They emailed me the next day and said I didn't get the job. Once school ended I applied again and it was pretty much the same basic interview. The interviewers are usually very friendly and make eye contact and smile. I dressed up in a blazer, pencil skirt and white button down and I got complimented on my appearance. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a hard situation and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question