Macy's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,569 interviews

2.3

Bops Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

I work there already and wanted to switch positions so i ask my manger and told what kind of job i really wanted. She referred me to the BOPS. She called the other manger and i have the interview the next day and it was simple questions and i was hired on the spot and i filled out transfer papers and started in a coupe of days.

maybe

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in March 2012.

Interview process was pretty straightforward. I met with an HR Representative as well as a Product Manager, which was helpful (in my opinion). There are the standard questions i.e. Why do you want to work for Macy's etc. but there were also a slew of behavioral questions. My advice to those who plan to interview for this program: practice answering questions relating to real life/ work scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you were able to persuade someone to see your point of view.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Sign on Bonus.

Support Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

7 easy questions that any retailer would ask you.
    You will be interview by whatever manager is available, no matter if you will report to them or not. It's a very easy process. Don't sike yourself out.
    What made you apply for Macy's?
    Tell me about a time when someone wasn't completing their share of the workload?

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are difficult at all. You just have to know how to answer them.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

I applied and received an email a few days later asking to set up an interview. It took a while for an appt time to be posted, which was about a week later. The interview was straight forward. They asked questions about my previous experience in retail. I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was "How did I respond to seeing some stealing?"   View Answer
    None.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Applied online and received an email the next day telling me to schedule an interview. It took a few days for any interview appointments to become available but finally one opened up. The interview was very quick and easy. The interviewer was friendly which put me at ease. He asked me a total of 5 questions with some chit chat in between. After "seeing what openings they had", I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was told I would be making $9.20/hour.

Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

It took 2 weeks. I submitted my resume through a contact and they called me within 2-3 days. I was initially phone interviewed by the director, and then my final face to face interview was with the VP and HR Director.

Interview Questions
    • They grilled me. My most difficult question was what is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Seasonal Stock/Support Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied online, took about three weeks to get a email back asking for an interview, asked about a time when I had a difficult or unsupportive team member, a time when I saw someone cheating or stealing, why did I apply to Macy's, when I dealt with an angry customer etc very situational type of questions

Interview Questions
    • What did I believe was the most important thing to be successful in retail?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's.

Macy's is a very nice clean store where they assist you kindly and straight to the point.
    Very comfortable place and very friendly. But all of that can mislead you to over confidence that you got the job. They make it seem like you're right and are a right candidate but then decline so so positive but don't over think it.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer only wants to buy lipstick how would you get them to buy something other then that?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

I filled out the application online. The next day I got an email asking me to pick an interview date. There were three dates to choose from, and I picked the soonest one, which was for two days later. When I showed up, I was asked very simple questions. Nothing was difficult, and the whole interview lasted ab out 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you had to help someone with an unexpected problem and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied online for this position in July 2014 three weeks later I got an email inviting me to schedule an interview on their website. Scheduled the interview for 2 days later went in and let me say I don't know if it was a stress test or what but the administrative support supervisor came across as no nonsense. She jumped straight in started asking questions right off the bat I don't know think she even knew my name other than me introducing myself after her brash attitude at the door asked me Can I help you? I don't think she even knew what position I even applied for or even had my resume. Which I brought along but she was so to the point after entering her office I didn't even bother to offer her a copy. I was turned off immediately.

Interview Questions
    • She asked nothing that had to do with the position which in my opinion should have been focused on office skills. Nevertheless she asked name a time when you received exceptional service? why did you apply to Macys? tell me a time you worked as a team what was your role and what was the outcome? name a time you went above and beyond for a customer? Standard stuff not personal whatsoever she asked availability/saying we work sometimes 72 hours+ sometimes which I knew didn't relate to my position because it was a PT position   Answer Question