Macy's Interview Questions

2,780 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online, and received an email within the next day or two to schedule an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early where there were others waiting in HR for different reasons. The man I interviewed with was very friendly and easy to talk to, and had a great sense of humor--something I always look for wherever I choose to spend my time! I was hired on the spot after a brief interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was especially prepared for the interview based on the previous questions on GlassDoor.com!   Answer Question
    None

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ

I filled a application out online . Received a email two days later to schedule my interview. I scheduled it for the following two days.

This was my first interview in about 4/5 years so I was a bit nervous and I'm sure it showed.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of questions where you have to describe scenarios   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

I applied through my university. I had an on campus interview. It was 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. They were very casual. They asked a couple of behavioral questions. One person went off a list of questions, the other did not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to use analytical information to prove a point.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Got asked scenario questions they were pretty basic and very easy. Got hired right after the interview. They were very nice and didn't look in your eyes so I wasn't intimidating. Overall very fast and easy.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer came up to you asking for a product but you didn't have it what would you do?   Answer Question

Assistant Planner Interview

I applied online during college, they flew me out to NY for the interview and I then heard back from them 2 weeks later. They were prompt, easy to work with, and friendly. The interviews were 2 days, various of speakers, Macy's values, and actual interviews. I interviewed with someone in HR and a higher up who spoke highly of the company.

Store Management Interview

30 minute behavioral interview followed by a 30 minute video chat interview. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward. Very nice people, both interviews felt like regular conversations. Definitely know about the company and its initiatives.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Macy's? How does it differ from other retailers?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Macy's.

It has been a good interview process so far. I am still in process with them. Initial interviewer put me at ease and offered good detail about the company and the position.

Merchandiser Seasonal Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

online application, email for interview to set up time. Upon going into the office for an interview I was in an office with a man who was the Executive manager for over 15 mins without introducing himself and even after the job was offered to me I then had to ask the man his name... Was interviewed by the dept manager, and didn't introduce herself either... After being hired I was told that even though I had applied for a 5am to 2 pm position that they were changing my schedule to night shift. I was extremely disappointed that I had gone through all the paper work for the hiring process before I was informed of the change in my schedule I informed the man I would have like to have been informed of this before I gave them all of my personal information because I would have respectfully declined then.

Interview Questions
    • Alot of situational questions, name a time when you saw someone do something unethical, name a time when you had to work in a team, how would you acknowledge a customer...   View Answer

The hours I applied for were changed without informing me.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Was a breeze, as long as you're honest and be yourself. Show personality and don't be stiff. Don't be too desperate. Get there at least fifteen minutes early. I was hired on the spot. Dress in all black with dress shoes. Be ready to answer experience based questions, such as an experience of showing "integrity"

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online on Sunday, and received an interview invite the following day. I scheduled my interview for the next day at 4:30PM. I arrived about 15-20 mins early and waited in the lobby. My interviewer was very warm welcoming and friendly. He asked about 5 questions and my availability. He gave me the run down of the different positions and offered me a position. I enjoyed the process, and I was prepared thanks to Glassdoor interview reviews for this company.

Interview Questions
    • All easy questions. Why Macys? What did you do to work as a team? How did you adjust and respond due to consent change? etc   Answer Question