Macy's

2.3

Retail Sales Associate/Recovery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Macy's.

I was called in for a meeting. I was given a interview right on the spot once after being called in to be place in a position. Once filling out the application, we were given a tour through out the store, in order to learn about where will be place. As to what department in the store.

I am reliable and always on time.

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and got an email letting me know they were interested. You have to set up your own appointment and it might take some time because interview slots fill up quick. The interview itself was really easy. Be prepared to answer questions concerning the department you want to work in, availability and so on. I was asked to describe a place that provided me with really good customer service and why that service was good. Simple questions, the interview was about 10-15 mins.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer came in asking for a specific product that we did not have in stock?   Answer Question

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, about 10 days later got request for more information/scheduling an interview, scheduled the interview for the following week, got notified 2 days later of the results. Typical sales associate interview questions. It was later in the evening and the lady conducting the interview was very nice. She asked the usual Why Macy's? Tell me about a time when... asking about customer service experience. How would you react if a customer...

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Was interviewed by a manager, and she asked pretty standard questions like "Tell me of a time that you had to help achieve a goal in a previous position", "Why do you want to work here?", and "Which department do you want to work in, why, and how would you help customers in that area?"

Interview Questions
    • "tell me about a mistake you did in a previous job, and what you did to avoid doing it again"   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

It was a very easy interview process. You need to have fashion sense and knowledge but not much. Must be outgoing and easy to get along with during the process.

Sales Associate Interview

Very easy. Just came in and talked to me for about 15 minutes. Asked a few question about how I work with people and how I work under pressure. It really wasn't too bad

Furniture Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview was scheduled online. They tried calling to change it, but didn't pickup on multiple call back attempts. Interview was very cookie cutter. The interview lasted about 25 minutes even though it was a 15 minute block.

Interview Questions
    • What is one example of a time when you had to work with a team to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • would you be comfortable selling someone a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Seasonal Recovery Associate Interview

The interview was quick and lasted about ten minutes. It was one on one, and two other people were being interviewed around the same time I was for the same position. All of the questions I had been asked can be found on glassdoor. One I applied online, I received an email the following day asking me to log into my account and schedule an interview. The earliest interview I could schedule was about two weeks out. I was hired on the spot, but then was told that I would have to wait for my background check to process. It tool about another week before they called me and had me go in for training.

Non-negotiable.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Contacted through email by a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. Spoke over the phone at the agreed upon date/time for about 30 minutes. Recruiter lead the conversation and I was asked for questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What is the purpose of a Human Resources professional?   View Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and later got an email to schedule my interview which was convenient since I got to choose which day and time. I went in and was interviewed by a lady. She was nice, but professional and asked me several questions. She then offered me a position at the end of the interview and I went from there.

No negotiation