Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
3,851 Interview Reviews

2.3

Product Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Straight forward. Questions were standard experience and behavioral questions. "Tell me about yourself," list strengths and weaknesses, questions pertaining to dealing with conflict, "why do you want to work for Macy's." The process took about 3-4 weeks with about 2 rounds meeting with various managers. Included one full day of interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and I got an email about inviting me for an interview. The interview process was easy. I went into the executive office, told them I had an interview and waited til they called me in. The questions were pretty easy. I was going to be hired on the spot but the manager who interviewed me didn't have anymore positions available.

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled an interview for a week later. I arrived on time and was asked to wait in a room where another girl was completing a training program. My interviewer was very nice and it only took about 25 minutes. He only asked me a few questions then left the room for a minute and came back to tell me that there were no positions available at the time. He also told me I would most likely get an email as soon as something opened up, but I feel like he says that to everyone. Overall, it was an okay interview.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I came in 20 minutes early waiting in the designated are. I was being told being three times that my interviewer would be with my shortly. When she came in it was kinda awkward. It felt like she was mire nervous than eye very little eye contact. When ever I answered a question she immediately moved on to the next one rushing everything and kept giving me questions as if I had experience working before when I clearly put first job. It seemed unprepared and rushed.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have selling in a professional environment?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. Called in for a 1:1 interview. I had a 15 minute situational based interview and review my past experiences with one manager. Then repeated the process again with another manager following. They were both very sweet, professional, and helpful. I was called in for 3 more additional interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation. Tell me about a time you had to multitask. Tell me about a time you had to work in a team. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for Macy's.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within 1 week I had a phone screen with a recruiter. I was then scheduled to come in for a 1:1 interview. The Interview went well, the manager was nice and made the whole process bearable. The questions asked were situational and pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work in a team, What role did you play, what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They emailed me in less than two weeks to schedule an interview online. I made the appointment and went to the interview half an hour early. They took me in right away and it was one on one for about half an hour. Then a second manager briefly went over my interview and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you talk someone into opening a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I got an email the next day to set up an appointment. The biggest wait was between making the appointment and the day getting here. I was 15 minutes early but the woman who was to interview me was 25 minutes late due to the weather. The questions were fine, she was really nice, she said she enjoyed my interview. I was kind of surprised when the next morning I woke up to an email that I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbia, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick, about 15 minutes. I was dressed professionally in all black and arrived 15 minutes early. The women that interviewed me was nice and asked me a series of basic interview questions from a packet. All questions were similar to the ones mentioned on Glassdoor so I'm glad I did my research! After interview, she asked if I had any questions and I asked about the next steps to the interview process. She said they will be interviewing more people the next day, then they will do call backs for 2nd interviews. I'm feeling a little discouraged because I didn't get a job offer on the spot and most if not all the interview reviews I've read on Glassdoor says they got hired on the spot if the received an offer. But I'm staying positive and praying for a call back!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy and quick. The representative that interviewed me was very organized and pleasant. I heard right away whether or not I was going to get the job. I completed an online application on Friday and interviewed the following Friday. I love the online interview set up.