Macy's Interview Questions

3,220 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

It was really bad ,she didn't let me to answer question after that i understand the she had hire someone allready :( but i want to get job at macs or Bloomingdales

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied a week before the date of my interview. The process was pretty smooth. I sat in a room with an interviewer and he asked me a lot of questions. He wrote my answers down on a piece of paper as I answered them.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and I went in and spoke with the human resources manager sales manager and store manager. Ask questions about management style streg gets and weakness. Received a call back a week later to go in an interview with the regional human resources manager and a week later was offered the position

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied for a part time position and got an email for an interview. After the interview I was told there were no part time positions available, even though that's what they posted the job for.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

There was a group interview where the went around and asked everyone questions. After the group interview if you got a follow up interview it was one on one. They did call backs to let you know if you got the position.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at macys. are you able to work seasonal hours. do you have prior experience in retail.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

The interview process at Macy's was quick and easy. I applied online and received a phone call to set up an interview later that week. I was asked a few typical questions and hired on spot. Questions were basic, and a few behavioral questions. Management was efficient with the process. They asked multiple questions regarding previous retail experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about previous work experience, particularly in retail.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

It was veeeery quick, she was so nice! We even laughed! I arrived very early so thats a plus and I was so nervous but it all seems to turn out great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager of urban decay will call you this week, hopefully ill see you soon!

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied through university. Had two on-campus interviews, the first was behavioral and the second was a decision-making activity/presentation. After that about 2 weeks later I got invited to a two day interview in Miami, FL. Day 1 you learned more about Macys and the program. Day 2 consisted in 2 group interviews/presentations similar to on-campus and 2 individual behavioral interviews. Plus 2 chats where you can learn more about position. Super great experience! Hotel accommodations were nice. Interview was on Wednesday, heard back the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to implement change and received resistance?   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Store Manager called me on a very next day after I applied. The interview was in couple of days later. It was nice, but a very formal interview with set of questions and I feel like we are going just through motion because they already set for the internal candidate. It dos make sense to me, but in this case why the waist each other time?

Buying and Selling Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks and the interviews were held on campus. There were about 12 candidates and there were two 30 minute back to back interviews.One of the interviewers was an executive while the other was the HR Recruiter

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to deliver bad news?   1 Answer