Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015
3,660 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Lafayette, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email 3 days later to schedule an interview. The manager was on time for the interview. It was similar to any other interview in retail, but the questions weren't as overwhelming as my first Macy's interview a year ago. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you had to work in a group.   Answer Question
    • How would you offer a Macy's card to a customer?   1 Answer

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in July 2015.

Interview

applied online went in the following week was told I would get a call if I got the job but I never got the call overall good experience since it was my first interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (El Paso, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online though Macy's website. After a couple of days I received a phone call and an e-mail letting me know that I had to make an appointment for an interview. I had originally applied for a full-time position, but once I was there they told me they only had a part-time available.The interviewer was very friendly, he took notes while I answered what he had to ask. The interview was pretty quick, it lasted about 30 min. The interviewer said they would contact me in 72 hours to let me know what was next.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage change? Tell me about a time you worked as a team and what was the outcome. What was your role? How would you sell the Macy's card? How are you going to make customers come back to you? How do you know when it's time to stop working on the details? Tell me about a time you sold a novel idea and how was is received. How do you feel about appling makeup on somebody else's face?   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Next day I received an email to schedule a interview. I went on a Tuesday at the downtown Brooklyn location, process took two hours. I was interview with a nice who makes the interview go smoothly. I was told if I don't hear from them in a week for me to call her but she called me this Friday to offer the job title support associate. Sweet I got the job

Interview Questions

• what will you do to help a customer find something?   1 Answer

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I didn't like my interview experience. Very formal with standard questions. My English is not that good, and the whole time interviewer was looking at me with expression of "what are you doing here in the first place." That made me very uncomfortable. Unfortunately, they had no time for somebody with bad English skills.

Interview Questions

• We are the fast paced environment, what would you do if you are needed to preform other people's jobs?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Palmdale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked a couple questions and when she asked about my school schedule and I explained I'm free for a month before I start back but I take morning classes she seemed fine but a day later got a email saying I didn't get because of my schedule.

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Guam, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (North Guam, NM) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy, wasn't as hard as I expected. We went over my application and I got asked about ten pretty easy questions. Went over my availability. Talked about pay, uniform, and that I would get an email about background check and when I'm done Turing in everything my application will be complete and we start training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back within about two days. Scheduled an interview. The manager that interviewed me was younger and very friendly so I felt at ease. She asked very general questions (she read off a piece of paper) and as I answered, she jot down my answer. I was hired on the spot. I was lucky to get a friendly manager to interview me since I generally get really nervous for interviews. I know that some of the managers would have given a more intimidating vibe.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email to arrange an interview for this position. It was a great experience, I interviewed with the Cosmetics Department Manager. She was lovely and made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Didn't get the position as they were looking for someone for at least a year. But she told me to come back and re-apply if my availability/plans changed. Seems like a good work environment from what I saw - but of course this varies from location to location.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

They emailed me to schedule an interview. I waited for an hour. When I finally talked to someone, they told me they'd call me to schedule another interview. I waited 2 days, called them, and they never got back to me.