Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
2,726 Interview Reviews

2.3

Receiving/Stocking Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Very friendly interview process. It took a few days to actually schedule an interview, but once available I set up an interview right away. The interview went great, my schedule did not fit their needs. That is one thing that is needed in this position: availability in the mornings and nights.

Macy's Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

After attending several repetitive networking events and information sessions at school, I was invited to do two thirty-minute on-campus interviews.

Questions
    -Tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume
    -Why Macy's/What do you know about Macy's?
    -Questions about leading a team/leadership
    -Why buying in particular?
    -can you mention trends in retail/fashion?
    -What are your favorite/least favorite classes at school and why?
    -Walk me through your last major retail purchase
    -Question about convincing/making a decision using numerical data
    -Question about a problem/challenge at work and resolving it
    -Excel experience?

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

waited a awhile at HR before being called to a small room where a few interviews went on at once. very easy questions and scenario questions. I was a little nervous but did pretty well. the room was packed with people waiting to be interviewed. dress proper, discussed availability as well

Interview Questions
    i was given a good offer based on interview

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I got there on time, i was interview by a manager, she asks me very easy questions mostly about my experiences and how i handled previews problems. If you have previews retails experience, anything that happened between you and and customers, these kinds of problems, all the questions will be based on these situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Got their 30 mins early. Interviewed 30 mins after scheduled time. They asked me two questions then told me they didn't have anything available. While I was waiting everybody was rude and barely anybody made eye contact with me!

Interview Questions
    • When were you working w a team and somebody wasn't doing their part? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Applied online and within three days received an email asking me to schedule an interview, did so for the next day. Was called that morning and told they had filled the position (^: but asked if I still wanted to be interviewed or if I would like to be placed on a waiting list for the next available opening

Administrative Support Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online, received an email to schedule an appointment. I scheduled my appointment for noon, showed up 10 minutes early, and wasn't interviewed until an hour after my interview time. I could tell by the interview that she wasn't really interested in hiring me, she only asked me THREE questions. I think it may have been because my availability didn't allow me to work a few of their "key dates" in November, which she asked me before I started to interview. But I have school, which was not only on my resume but also included in the availibility portion of the application so it wasn't like that was a surpise.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, she only asked three 1. Describe a time when you saw someone bending or breaking the rules, what did you do? 2. What administrative experience do you have? 3. Describe a time when working in a team or a group, what role did you take?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

The interview scheduling process was quite fast. I received an email a couple of days after submitting my resume online. The interview was on-time, and the interviewer was friendly. However, flexible working hours was a must which I could not commit. The interviewer was looking for a person to work late night hours and weekends which was not an option for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

It was pretty basic. I applied online then got an email about scheduling an interview 3 days later. It was really quick I guess because they were ready to hire for the holiday season. I thought that I would definitely get the position but I realized once I sat down with the interviewer that the position was "personal shopping assistant" which wasn't something that I really wanted to do.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic: Why Macy's? How avaiable are you? The hardest was: what did you do when you caught a co-worker doing something they were not supposed to do? It was hard because I hardly ever been in that predicament before.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online and it takes one day to receive the email about setting up an interview. I came 30 mins before the scheduled time and waited about 5 mins to meet with the manager. He read through my resume and asked few questions to see my reaction. After the interview, the manager took a contract form to let me filled in and told me come for training the next day.

I think 3 things win the interview, friendly (smile regularly and always respond in a mild way), beautiful (if the sales related to clothing or cosmetics, make sure wear neat and beautiful makeup, definitely go with all black suit), professional ( previous sales experience and have the knowledge for products).

Interview Questions
    • How will you sell a pair of pants?
      Will you do things before it is being discussed too detailed? Why?
      How to sell Macy's card to the customers?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. I just need a part-time job to kill my weekends, not expect too much from it.