Macy's Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Retail Support Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Meriden, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Meriden, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Applied got and email a day later to come in for an interview. I scheduled the interview and came in.. Mind you I come dressed in a tie and have 3 years management experience at Sears. So much for being a classy store, the guy who interviewed me was in a polo shirt. He told me the position was filled but there was a position opened for 1 day a week unloading trucks... Is that a slap in the face or what?

Because I was offered 4 hours a week

Assistant Merchant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

Applied and got a phone call a few days later. A phone interview was conducted and I was called back within 3 days for a face to face. Went to a 3 hour interview and met with several people and also took a test.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic. Name something your resume does not say about you.   Answer Question

Seasonal Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Applied online it was really easy. Few days later they email saying you can set up interview. They asked about 4-5 questions. The interview was fast I was there 20 minutes early probably overdressed. The person didn't seem like they cared to do the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just why Macy's, tell them about a time you saw something dishonest, they ask about a time a team member didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online. It took a few weeks for them to call after applying. I did two interviews before being told I was getting the job. Unfortunately I didn't get added to the schedule until a month later.

Interview Questions
    • It was a while ago i interviewed. I dont remember the specific questions. I would say average interview questions. Also, the interviewer read small paragraph scenarios and asked how I would go about handling those situations.   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Stock Merchandising Part Time Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Applied online, got a message back 5 days later for an appointment. Arrived 30 min early though I didn't get interviewed until a little after my appointed time. Greeted the interviewer, and she asked about my class schedule. Then asked the basic "Why Macy's?" and "Tell me a time when..." questions. Got rejected at the end of the interview since my classes clashed with the work times.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Applied online, got an interview the next day. Simple and behavioral questions. Why Macy's. What will you do if you saw someone did wrong or theft. Give me a time when you gave a best customer service. The interview just took 15-20mins. I applied as support associate but was offered a job at sales.

firm rate

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Applied online, received email about setting up a phone interview. Received call from the LP manager 1.5 hours after scheduled time saying they had gotten busy and were unable to call.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Phone interview with the LP Supervisor, general questions, about my experience, etc. Nothing unusual. Very directed. He seemed upset about something, it was they way he interviewed. almost like he had to interview me. it was possible he had someone else in mind.

Seasonal Stock Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Sucked , horrible interview I ever gotten . Denied me for not having work experience even though I put it in my application . Wasted my time coming in . Interview lasted 3 min . Answered all questions with good answers

On-Call Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. Got a reply via email within one week asking me to schedule an interview. An interview was available for the very next day.

I arrived at my appointment about 20 minutes early and the door to the HR department was locked, and no one was around to let me in. I approached an employee and informed them of this, to which they reluctantly phoned someone to come and open the door for me.

Someone came a half an hour later. She was VERY rude. I almost LEFT. I did not even want to stay to interview because of the rude staff that I had already come across.

ANYWAYS, the manager who interviewed me was really cool. We discussed scheduling and she informed me that the hours for this position are all over the place--- I could get 4 hours one week or 40 the next... I did not understand that "Flex Team" meant "On Call" until this interview.

She did ask me if I would be interested in any other positions if they were to become available, however, and I told her that I definitely am.

No offer was made due to scheduling conflicts.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me an example of how you would sell to someone who wasn't sure what they were looking for"   Answer Question