Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015
3,532 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Arcadia, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy, just basic interview questions. I didn't get the job because I wanted a summer job for that location. The questions are basically all on this website. If you prepare well, then you're set for the interview. It really depends on the availability and the person who interviews you. I got a cosmetic manager and she was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why Macys?
      Name a time you helped others.
      Are you good with tech?

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

One of the counter managers had a paper and asked questions from that paper. If you do not look nervous and stay confident you should be fine. Open availability is very important.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable doing makeup on another person's face?   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Newark, DE).

Interview

Very long process, normally two to three interviews. I applied online, got an interview the next day. Met with the cosmetics manager, I had met with her previously on another interview. It went well and she wanted to know about my availability and to call her. I called her back about two days later and never received a callback.

Interview Questions

• How would you close a sale?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interviewer had some sheets of paper with padronized behavioral questions.
    I think the questions were not very much realistic because when I go to Macy's as a customer no one bothers me with anything, the sales person only asks "are you finding everything ok?", they never tried to force me to purchase anything.

Interview Questions

• "The customer is at the cashier to finalize her purchase. How would you cheer it?"
      "How would you offer the Macy's card to a customer?"
      "How would you motivate a purchase?"

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online, i got an email for an interview within the next few days, i had a one on one interview with human resourses, i was offered the job on the spot. I declined because they couldnt accomodate my school schedule.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond a customers expectations.

Are you willing to sell Macys credit card.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day got an email to schedule an interview. I picked the first available date for the interview (4 days after the email) and came in to speak with the manager. It was an easy enough interview, and by the way they responded so quickly to my application I figured they needed to hire someone asap

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Fairview Heights, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied one morning and got asked to interview later that day. I interviewed the very next day. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and really like my answers, but told me there were no jobs available and that my application would be "benched". That was very bizarre for them to give me an entire interview but not have any open spots for what I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What would to do if you had a risky idea (usually give higher rewards) but the rest of your group wanted to do it the normal way because they knew the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a Macy's card?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question

I declined because I was accepted but not really given a job.

Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the following day to schedule an interview. I choose an afternoon interview slot and once I arrived, was called to the back for an interview. The interview was extremely easy and she asked all the questions that were on this website. However, after the interview she said that there were no current openings but I interviewed extremely well. As a note, Macy's has a "now hiring" sign at all times and will have applications and interviews for positions that aren't even opened.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable putting makeup on customers' faces?
      Tell me about a time that you successfully worked with a team.
      Do you have any experience in cosmetics?
      What's your availability like?

COSMETICS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Alexandria, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was really good manager was so humble. She said she's gonna follow me up on emails. I'm scared if i can get hired or not but Im really excited for this job.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on Thursday morning received an email Friday morning to schedule an interview. Scheduled it for Monday afternoon.. Arrived 15 minutes before and sat about 5 minutes. Interviewed with the hiring manager who was great! I have never felt so comfortable in an interview! At the end she said there were no positions but she was going to double check. There ended up being one and she asked if I was interested.. I said yes and spoke to the manager of that department for a few minutes. He said he would be back and came with documents to sign and set me up with a training date. :)

Interview Questions

• The questions were very similar to the website! Scenario based questions.   Answer Question