Macy's

Updated Jan 28, 2015
3,002 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Was interviewed by a manager, and she asked pretty standard questions like "Tell me of a time that you had to help achieve a goal in a previous position", "Why do you want to work here?", and "Which department do you want to work in, why, and how would you help customers in that area?"

Interview Questions
    • "tell me about a mistake you did in a previous job, and what you did to avoid doing it again"   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

It was a very easy interview process. You need to have fashion sense and knowledge but not much. Must be outgoing and easy to get along with during the process.

Furniture Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview was scheduled online. They tried calling to change it, but didn't pickup on multiple call back attempts. Interview was very cookie cutter. The interview lasted about 25 minutes even though it was a 15 minute block.

Interview Questions
    • What is one example of a time when you had to work with a team to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • would you be comfortable selling someone a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very easy. Just came in and talked to me for about 15 minutes. Asked a few question about how I work with people and how I work under pressure. It really wasn't too bad

Seasonal Recovery Associate Interview

The interview was quick and lasted about ten minutes. It was one on one, and two other people were being interviewed around the same time I was for the same position. All of the questions I had been asked can be found on glassdoor. One I applied online, I received an email the following day asking me to log into my account and schedule an interview. The earliest interview I could schedule was about two weeks out. I was hired on the spot, but then was told that I would have to wait for my background check to process. It tool about another week before they called me and had me go in for training.

Non-negotiable.

Retail Support Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Went to HR department and had a one on one interview with a Manager. If you are applying for seasonal, they usually tell you on the spot if you're hired.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Contacted through email by a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. Spoke over the phone at the agreed upon date/time for about 30 minutes. Recruiter lead the conversation and I was asked for questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What is the purpose of a Human Resources professional?   View Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and later got an email to schedule my interview which was convenient since I got to choose which day and time. I went in and was interviewed by a lady. She was nice, but professional and asked me several questions. She then offered me a position at the end of the interview and I went from there.

No negotiation

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

There are 2 interviews to this process. A standard interview and one from the manager of the department you'll work in. If you act smart and prepared you'll be hired, if you don't care you'll be hired, if you mentally challenged 75% chance you'll be hired, if you don't care and you're crazy and you smell 74% chance you'll be hired. You may not be hired if you have a schedule conflict so being flexible is a positive.

Interview Questions
    • If you're busy negotiating a schedule can be tough even if your part time.   Answer Question

Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Macy's.

I got a 2nd interview after meeting with a cosmetic rep. I was 15 minutes early at HR and followed the instructions on the phone. No one answered the extension. I called 3x and llft a message. It was 5 minutes past my interview appointment and no one came out. I asked a worker that came out of the locked door to let someone know i was there. A man came and interviewed me in a private room. He was very nice. Asked me basic interview questions. "Why do you want to work for Macy's? " He said i did well, but i was not available during the hours they needed full time which was all hours. It would have been nice to get that information before the 2nd interview so that both our times would not have been wasted.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get a customer to keep buying from you?   View Answer