Macy's

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Very simple interview process. I was interviewed by a manager in the ready-to-wear department. I then was interviewed by the Human Resources manager. I was offered the job immediately following the interview.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – The interview was long. I was asked to edit a few images, which tool me about an hour and then they told me there is no position available. I wish they hadn't wasted my time.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for an interview within a week. There was 1 interview. I dressed in black pants, green shirt, and black sweater. It was a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – How would you up-sell a pair of jeans to a customer?
Be sure to know the benefits of the Macy's Card (20% New Account Discount, regular monthly coupons, Use your Card Days, easy returns)
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Development Program Interview

Executive Development Program
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Long day. This interview was for the call center in Saint Louis. You walk around and tour with the other candidates then have lunch with the executives in that location. Followed by interviews. Everyone at lunch is an interviewer so some people had the change to talk with their interviewers beforehand which is a great advantage. If you click with someone that isn't interviewing you though, its not as valuable. Looking back I'm glad I wasn't offered the position as they knew then as I know now that I wouldn't have been a good fit for working in a call center. Thats what this program is, you're a manager in a call center.

Interview Question – What's a question that you don't want me to ask you?   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Got a call to schedule an interview. Although there was one position open, they were also looking for future hires. Interviewed with a regional manager and the store manager. You need to have a lot of scenerios ready as most of the questions were "tell me about a time that you ...."

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a boss. What happened and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Specialist Interview

Sales Associate - Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed for seasonal position. Hired on the spot. The culture of Macy's is every customer should leave happier than when they came in. The Interview was fairly easy. I was fresh out of college. They asked basic questions pertaining to customer service and selling abilities. Google retail interview questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At the time I needed a job desperately so I did not even think to negotiate since what I was offered was more than I previously made. Now I wish I would have tried as I have a Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design and Marketing and don't even get $10/hr

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in March 2010.

Interview Details – came to the store with resume and references. Have been interviewed right away with a Department manager and Assistant store manager. Have had a phone interview with an Account Executive from a makeup company the same day. In 3-4 days I have received a job offer. The most dynamic and quick hiring process I have ever experienced in my life.

Interview Question – What makes you the most suitable candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was happy to get an offer since did not have previous experience in this field

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Cosmetics Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Hiring process has taken almost 4 weeks including multiple in person and phone interviews. Interview questions ranged from professional experience to experience being involved with a team. Overall pleasant experience yet unsatisfied with the length of the process.

Interview Question – Name a past experience when dealing with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Retail Support Associate Interview

Retail Support Associate
Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received and email in about a week to schedule an interview in the store. When I arrived at the executive offices they were very friendly. During the interview I was asked about my past work experience and my availability. I was asked basic workplace scenario questions like, "what would you do if you saw a coworker stealing?" and "name a time when you overcame a difficult situation and how did you handle it?" I was offered the position on the spot and was told I would be called back for training once my background check was processed. It took about 2 weeks for the background check to come back and I was scheduled for training, which was hours of computer based modules.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor
Stow, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was a disaster and completely disorganized. I applied to a position in OH while living in NC. I was able to visit OH for the first interview for the FIRST position I applied for. I had high hope for the Sales Supervisor position because I knew I could do the job and I had experience as a customer service manager. The second interview was a phone interview because I still lived in NC at the time. No one notified me to tell me that the position was filled. When I finally got in touch with someone, they told me to apply for a second job with a different Macy's. I had two different phone interviews. I did not hear back from this job either. When I finally got a hold of someone, they told me to apply for a third job. The first interview for that third job was in the middle of May. I has been nearly two months since I initially interviewed and I still have not heard back.

Interview Question – Same old fake questions that usually do not tell an employer anything they need to know about this potential employee.   View Answer