Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
2,741 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online - got an email to schedule myself an interview the following week.
    Had the interview with the support manager, she was very nice.
    She asked me a very few questions like "tell me about a time when..."
    They're really easy to answer if you have experience with any job.
    The interview only took about 15 minutes.
    I got the job on the spot & I had to send my background check.
    The background was what took the longest, about a week and a half. (but don't hesitate to call and check up on it after a week)
    two days of orientation (6 hrs. of videos all together)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, but one was "Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer"   View Answer
    No negotiation - minimum wage

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

It was very simple. I applied online and got an email within the next few days to schedule for an interview. I went in and they just asked me the basic interview question like "Why this store" and how you would try to up sell. The interviewer was very professional but made me feel comfortable. They offered a pay and it was exactly what I was looking for then I filled out a paper then scheduled for training.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplaying, the interviewer a customer and I a retail associate.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Did the application online and they responded by email 2 days later. I scheduled an interview for the following week. (Wear all black if you can) That's the company's dress code. The interview went fairly quick. Most of the questions consisted of "Tell me about a time..."

Pay could not compete with my last position.

Part-Time Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I filled an online application and was notified in a week to schedule an appointment. I reached on time, dressed trendy-chic, met with a nice young woman who interviewed me. The questions were very basic interview Q's. I had prepared for the interview and answered appropriately. I have a design background and the job felt very appropriate and in line with my skills. I provided the lady a copy of my Resume' and also showed her my related design portfolio - Everything went well and the intvw lasted 15 mins. I shook hands and was told to expect an e-mail in 1-1.5 weeks. However the following morning i received an e-mail declining my candidacy. I don't know what went wrong.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I filled an application out online. I received an email a few days later in which a link was supplied to schedule an in person interview the following week. I arrived 15 minutes early and only waited about 5 minutes before I was called in. The interviewer was very friendly and the questions were pretty much expected.

Interview Questions
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to sell a product. How you went about it, how it was received, what the results were.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you saw a coworker doing something wrong or against policy. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Seasonal position, minimum wage was offered.

Receiving/Stocking Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Very friendly interview process. It took a few days to actually schedule an interview, but once available I set up an interview right away. The interview went great, my schedule did not fit their needs. That is one thing that is needed in this position: availability in the mornings and nights.

Macy's Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

After attending several repetitive networking events and information sessions at school, I was invited to do two thirty-minute on-campus interviews.

Questions
    -Tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume
    -Why Macy's/What do you know about Macy's?
    -Questions about leading a team/leadership
    -Why buying in particular?
    -can you mention trends in retail/fashion?
    -What are your favorite/least favorite classes at school and why?
    -Walk me through your last major retail purchase
    -Question about convincing/making a decision using numerical data
    -Question about a problem/challenge at work and resolving it
    -Excel experience?

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

waited a awhile at HR before being called to a small room where a few interviews went on at once. very easy questions and scenario questions. I was a little nervous but did pretty well. the room was packed with people waiting to be interviewed. dress proper, discussed availability as well

Interview Questions
    i was given a good offer based on interview

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I got there on time, i was interview by a manager, she asks me very easy questions mostly about my experiences and how i handled previews problems. If you have previews retails experience, anything that happened between you and and customers, these kinds of problems, all the questions will be based on these situations.

Administrative Support Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online, received an email to schedule an appointment. I scheduled my appointment for noon, showed up 10 minutes early, and wasn't interviewed until an hour after my interview time. I could tell by the interview that she wasn't really interested in hiring me, she only asked me THREE questions. I think it may have been because my availability didn't allow me to work a few of their "key dates" in November, which she asked me before I started to interview. But I have school, which was not only on my resume but also included in the availibility portion of the application so it wasn't like that was a surpise.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, she only asked three 1. Describe a time when you saw someone bending or breaking the rules, what did you do? 2. What administrative experience do you have? 3. Describe a time when working in a team or a group, what role did you take?   Answer Question