Macy's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Development Program Interview

Executive Development Program

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online, reached out to an HR person, and was interviewed on the phone. They emailed me with multiple times to decide from for the phone interview, and I was interviewed by an HR person. It only lasted around 20-30 minutes, and it felt like I was talking to a person. He was genuinely interested in me and our conversation!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.
Tell me about a difficult situation at work and how you handled/resolved it.
Why are you interested in Macy's/working as a Buyer?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have accepted the second interview.

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online, a few days later I got an email to schedule an interview. The interview took place in the Executive Office. At first, the lady said she was going to bench my application because there was no open spots, then she found a spot and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – Why Macys?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told you pay

Sales Associate Women's Shoes Interview

Sales Associate Women's Shoes
Concord, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the job the night before I got two emails inviting me to come interview with Macy's/Bloomingdales and to schedule an interview. I got there and someone else had my interview time slot as well, which was strange to me. I was mostly prepared for the interview but there were like 3 pages worth of questions and I wasn't prepared for ALL of those...so, the interview ended, she asked my availability, told me about the points system and also that the position for shoes was filled... but asked me if there was anywhere in particular I would prefer to work. I told her I was flexible and could manage working in just about any department I was needed... and after all that, I still didn't get the job. I was informed by e-mail I didn't get it the next day.

Interview Question – Name a time where you were faced with a difficult question in an unfamiliar subject and what solution did you come up with or something like that.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Backroom Lead Interview

Backroom Lead
Elyria, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was candid and simple. I applied for backroom lead and a flex team member. It lasted 45 minutes. I was a prior employee at Macy's at Midway Mall, so I was familiar with the procedure. They sent me emails saying they declined me for a lead (because I asked for too much money on my cover letter) and denied me for a flex team member (due to availability) which is a crock because I'm available on nights and weekends, when they need people. Oh well their loss!

Interview Question – Give me your best story of excelling customer service.   Answer Question

Hourly Associate Interview

Hourly Associate
Middletown, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the next day received an email asking to arrange an appointment for an interview. Fast forward about a week later, the interview was pretty standard. The interviewer was bubbly and nice. I thought the interview went pretty well, it was relaxed and easy but at the end I was told there were no positions available and I'd get a call when something opens up. I was really disappointed and felt like I wasted my time going there for nothing. I got an email the next day saying pretty much the same thing.

Interview Question – How would you go about selling our Macy's card?   View Answer

Associate Replenishment Planner Interview

Associate Replenishment Planner
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

Interview Details – First step was a phone screen which was rather straight forward. Second step was an in person interview with the hiring manager and VP of the department. Also, rather straight forward. No questions through me for a loop.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult vendor   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Online Interview schedule - select available hours. Once you select an available interview slot, you may be hired on the spot. Bring Social Security card or Passport with you to expedite the hiring process.

Interview Question – Would you report another co-workers unethical sales transactions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard, not negotiable at the level of experience or position.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online and was told via email to come in for an interview. My first interview was with HR, and it was fairly typical questions. I was told to come back the next day for a meeting with the cosmetics section manager who then brought in the manager of the specific counter I was applying to. I was scheduled for a final interview with a brand-specific ambassador, and she is who offered me the job.

Interview Question – In my meeting with the cosmetics section manager, I was asked how I would sell a product. In my meeting with the brand-specific ambassador, I was asked why I wanted that specific brand.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and scheduled an interview one day later. There were a lot of behavior and situational questions asked, such as dealing with customers, working with a team, and handling conflict. My interviewer had a few calls coming in, and one time I was interrupted because she had to answer an important call. At the end of the interview, I was disappointed to learn that there were no more positions available, but hopefully I'll have more opportunities available next time.

Interview Question – Share an experience in which you had a problem that seemed impossible to solve.   Answer Question

Monterey, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I received a call to come in for an interview. I had a 1:1 interview with the manager I would be working for. It was pretty easy, got hired on the spot after my interview.

Interview Question – pretty straight forward   Answer Question