Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
3,843 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and received email for interview. I was interviewed by a woman who did not seem interested. She seemed to be on drugs or hung over. She read off list of questions, did not take notes. Did not mention salary or benefits. She said I would get an email.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if customer found perfect item?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if line was very long?   1 Answer
    • Describe your experience working as a team.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw an employee stealing? What if it was your supervisor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was unable to attend. However, rescheduling is almost impossible. It's almost up the air once you need to reschedule. It requires you to find a time slot that they are available to interview you, which won't happen.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Got there a few minutes early & was taken into a room right away. The Hiring manager was very nice. I don't remember all the questions but they weren't very hard. Interview lasted about 15 minutes

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Waldorf, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email a week later to schedule an interview. Scheduled the interview for a week later. They then rescheduled the interview for two days after what i had scheduled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Northridge, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early for my interview, and sat in the Human Resources office for 15 minutes until I was finally interviewed. My name was called, and I was led into an office where my interviewer shut the door. I personally felt as though she was rushing things along and appeared to be in a bit of a hurry, being as she read the majority of the interview questions so quickly that I had to ask her to repeat the beginning of one of the questions. Over-all, this interview had the potential to be a lot more enjoyable had someone else been conducting it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked as a part of a team to accomplish a goal.   1 Answer
    • What steps would you take to ensure that new customers return to our store for future purchases?   1 Answer
    • Describe how would you handle a job that requires you to perform different tasks everyday, rather than the same tasks everyday? (I'm paraphrasing.. In other words: Are you comfortable with a job that requires you to do many different tasks?)   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2015.

Interview

Filled out application on Macy's , .com. Got an email to scheduel an interview. Sent in and had an interview with a really nice cosmetics dept. Manager. She asked me questions from a paper and was impressed by my answers. Then she gave me her personal cell number and told me to expect a call from talent plus. Talent plus contacted me in 3 days and set up an appointment for a phone interview in 4 days. They called me at exactly the right day and time and asked me a lot of questions witch I had studied and taken notes for from Glass door. She told me it would b a week until Macy's would contact me. Did hear anything for 3 days so I called the dept. Managers cell and asked her my status. She said I scored very high on Talent plusvasnd said she wanted me to meet the counter manager. Counter manager called me in a couple hours and I went in to meet her at the counter, we clicked and the dept manager came up and asked me my rate and I told her and she said she would call me as soon as Sher heard anything. She called me back that night and gave me an offer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

She asked me questions and I answered them. The interview process was easy. I went online and went on Macysjobs.com and clicked on careers and then the jobs showed up. I was not as prepared for this interview as I should of been. I have never worked in retail before so it was difficult to answer some of the questions. I learned that I needed to prepare myself for the interview such as look up facts about clinique and remember them.

Interview Questions

• She asked me questions about working as a team with the other co-workers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy, basic questions, and also quick. I had two interviews with two different locations. They were both fairly quick to me because they both asked the same exact questions which i was prepared for. I did not get an offer because my availability did not fit their needs/

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to be in charge of a team? What role did you play? How did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question

Part-Time Seasonal Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

After completing the application online it allows you to schedule your own interview. Met with a manager who only asked 5 questions and was hired on the spot. Very no non-sense. No special testing required. You do take a test on-line after completing the application which is more of a personality test. Ask the same questions over and over but reword them. You have to assign a rank from strongly agree to strongly disagree with an option of neutral. Most of the questions are on if you like to work independently or as part of a team. How you get along with others including customers, co-workers, & management. They also ask a lot about ethics and honesty. Similar to other employers tests in retail. Very repetitive. They ask you when applying to rank which jobs you are interested in most and why.

Interview Questions

• Are you creative and how do you think being creative would apply as an employee of Macy's?   1 Answer
    • If you were busy with your own tasks but a co-worker who is struggling with theirs ask for your help how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Seasonal Part-Time Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Bakersfield, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an interview invitation via e-mail that very same day. The interview was super easy and laid back. The interviewer was kind and only asked about 5 questions max. All the questions I was asked were already posted on glassdoor. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When have you ever seen a customer or co-worker doing something against the rules and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • What does integrity mean to you? When have you shown integrity?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in a team where someone wasn't pulling their weight, what did you do about it, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question