Macy's

2,843 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Excellent process for entry-level positions. Submitted application online and received feedback within a couple days to come down for an interview. Basic questions such as why Macy's, explaining a time in which I saw something wrong and how I acted, how did I help when someone in my group did not do their part, etc. I was encouraged to reapply for a permanent store position since the seasonal one had already been filled by the time I got the interview. Great experience for someone's first job interview, though.

Seasonal Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and got an email with an attachment to fill out. Received another email to schedule an interview appointment. Arrived early as requested. Was introduced to the interviewer. He asked what position I was interviewing for. When I told him he seemed confused and told me the position had been filled. I had driven 40 minutes...I was very surprised. He did not even apologize. It left a bad taste in my mouth - I expected better.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in a Seasonal sales position.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and got an email the day after saying they want to have a phone interview with me. Two days later, I randomly got a call and was interviewed on the spot. They called back again about 2 or 3 days later and asked more about my availability and was hired as a seasonal support associate, eventually became a permanent sales associate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

This was an extremely short interview since they want people who can work on Saturdays and only want sales people or stocking people. I was kept waiting for half an hour and there was even a private space to talk. My interview was done on the sales floor.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Pretty standard. Got asked how would you up a sale, what if you saw a coworker stealing, why did you apply to macy's, how you sell a mace's credit card to someone, do you work well with others, name a time you had to come to a solution to fix a problem.

Interview Questions
    • For me there was no difficult or unexpected question when I went to interview. It was just simple questions that were not hard to answer at all. Just be yourself and outgoing and you'll land the job. It's not that to get the job.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Went through on campus recruiting, there was preview night and then the interview was the day after. There were two interviews, both were behavioral in nature (be prepared to talk A LOT about yourself) In total it took about an hour or so, both interviewers were really cool people.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview was very easy , I had two interviews , first one was with the hiring manager then if they call u back you interview with the department manager that you will be working for/in , basic retail questions . Make sure you smile and your very confident but also polite .. Sell yourself basically .

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who is having a bad day ?   View Answer
    No negotiation ,sarted at minimum wage

EDP Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The First round was on the phone. The questions were all very behavorial based. "Tell me a time when" or "give and example of..." If you prepare for questions like these you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you solved a problem using numbers.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

the process was intimidating the person whom i spoke to imply seems as if she wasn't into the rpcoess. the whole procedure was out of order and the whispering and giggles was not helpful either.

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and received an email the next day to schedule my own interview. Went in at the end of the week for the interview. Waited with one other person before being called in. Sat for a one on one interview and was asked fairly simple questions such as "Tell me about a time when.." and "What would you do in this situation.." Was told I would be contacted by phone or email to learn the status of my interview, was never contacted