Macy's

3,056 Interview Reviews

2.3

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Initial contact was via email. The first interview was with the District Director of Loss Prevention. The second was with the store manager. I only had the two interviews and received a job offer officially via email. There was no HR interview. My offer letter came directly from the District Director.

Interview Questions
    I stated my requirements prior to the official offer letter being sent to me. My salary and benefits were generous.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I met recruiter on campus then applied online. I spoke to the recruiter to really understand more about the entire internship. After two interviews, I got the position and waited on my packet.

Intern Interview

I attended several networking events and company presentations. During this period I networked with a bunch of alums and the head recruiter. I also emailed back and forth with several Macy's employees. Just show your enthusiasm and network with as many people as possible. The interview consists of two 30 minute interviews with two different interviewers. It was primarily a behavioral interview and wasn't that challenging. It was very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used quantitative analysis to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and was sent an email within 24 hours to schedule an interview (online). Was given short face to face interview and received a job offer at the time.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

its pretty basic...first, you set up an appointment. second, you meet and greet. third, you answer the same questions they ask you in different ways...tell them how you believe the customer comes first...and how you are so persuasive. last you say thank you, and goodbye..in your own preferred ways...then you keep calling.

Interview Questions
    • how would you get a customer to open an account, and how would you get them to buy more?   View Answer
    none

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, received an email about a day later stating that I had been selected to schedule an in store interview. Interview took about 15 minutes asked basic questions, basic duties all the basic stuff. I was told I would be contacted within a week about the availability of the position and whether I was hired or not. It has been 2 and a half weeks since the interview and I have not heard from them yet.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you experienced failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Womens Shoes Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

the hiring process requires the applicant to fill out a questionnaire that takes about 30-45 mins to complete. Then you wait for HR to get into contact with you. The interview was very laid back and the lady didn't ask too many difficult questions. After the interview with HR I went to talk with my department manager and immediately the hiring paperwork got started.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were based on circumstances and usually went like this: tell me of a situation where you had to deal with a problematic associate and tell me how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Charming Charlies Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Résumé to them. Meeting with manager and another girl. Very open and polite. Also had me do a matching test. Interesting steps. Did not hear back from them as they had said as soon as I anticipated.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in this kind of situation what would you do...(all the questions were asked that way. And how I'd treat the customer)   Answer Question
    • Enter a question you were asked.   View Answer

Another job called.

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Was called a couple weeks after application was submitted online. Arranging a meeting was simple and the interview was straightforward. The manager said they hire a lot of college students during this time of year. Manager was nice, although if you apply for more than one position, the manager here was unclear as to exactly what I was doing. Vague. I thought I was going to be an on call employee when I ended up working there more than planned.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you caught someone stealing?   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview process was good. Didn't have to wait. One of the managers came in and interviews. Asked 3-5 questions, easy questions. Got the job. Nice managers, very helpful. HR was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do, if you saw one of your employee doing something illegal?   Answer Question