Macy's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Support Team Associate Interview

Administrative Support Team Associate
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview scheduling process was very impersonal. Everything is done by automated Email. They Email you an interview request. Then you click on a link to schedule a date and time. I was only given one option for date and time. They send you an Email reminder as your interview date and time approaches.

Interview Question – None of them were really unexpected. Most of them are focused on Customer Service orientation and putting the customer first.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I indicated my salary range when I submitted the online application. When I got there, they stated that the salary was significantly less. Why waste my time? I was very disappointed with the experience overall.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – One interview with store manager and assistant store manager. Questions were very general and short interview lasted about 20 minutes. My impression of the company and management was good, seemed like a fun place to work. I was offered the job 2 days later. They would not negotiate salary. When I tried they told me that with my bonuses I would be at my desired salary. Bonuses were cut for all Sales managers after 6 months of my employment.

Interview Question – How would you, diplomatically solve a bad situation between a customer and a sales associate when you know the sales person is in the right.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate salary.

Commission Sales Associate Interview

Commission Sales Associate
Chula Vista, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied in October, right when they began hiring for the holiday season. They emailed me within 3 days of submitting the application to schedule an interview. I was able to choose a date and time and arrived 20 minutes before my interview to talk to some of the employees and to calm my nerves. I was called in and the manager asked me who are you, why do you want to work for Macy's, and then a question about how I would help a customer who comes looking for a certain pair of jeans. I answered and she told me she wanted me to interview with the women's shoe manager for that position. I came in the next day and was asked what I would do if I didn't have an item the customer wanted. I answered, he said okay, and got my paperwork.

Interview Question – A customer comes in looking for a pair of jeans, that isn't your department, so what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable salary-base pay and commission after that

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, two days later interviewed in the WalnutCreek store. It went great- I had a rapport with the lady and she commented on leadership. Then I received an automatic email stating that my salary on my application was inappropriate, though I stated I'd be flexible. Pay hadn't been discussed.

Interview Question – What was a time you had to address a co-worker or friend doing something wrong or against the rules? What did you do?   Answer Question

Retail Support Associate Interview

Retail Support Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online, and received an automated e-mail with setting up an interview date and time. There was not a long time to wait, and I was interviewed along with someone else for the same position. Unfortunately the other person was offered something based on the times they had available.

Interview Question – I was given sort of a scenario, where I was to tell about a time when I had to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Part-Time Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received back an email to set up where and when I would like to get interviewed. I chose the mall nearest my home and where I'd like to work. The interview was good and I had answered well the interviewer's questions. I gave her an open schedule where I can work part time or anytime as long as I can get hired. My past work experience is related to the position I applied for. She knows I have experience in all departments since I worked in NY some years ago. I told her I hope to be able to work for Macys again since my work in NY before I moved to my present state was something I always enjoyed doing. After the interview, she asked me if I have any other questions. She said they will let me know a few days later. Then, after 2 days I received an email from Macys Bloomingdale thanking me for interview which is in a wrong date,location , job position applied for and said : " We have carefully reviewed your skills and qualifications. Unfortunately, your availability does not correspond with the days and hours needed for this position." So sad that I put much effort getting ready for that interview and being dismissed with wrong information in what I applied for and in what place and my availability is good... so why they said it did not match my availability?

Interview Question – Not really difficult questions but more on situational interview questions.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – phone call where they do their interview with basic interview questions about what you would or wouldn't do in certain situations and then was told someone would be in touch regarding whether or not the job was to be offered. Got the phone call within an hour.

Interview Question – What would you do to make someone come back if they got the perfect pair of pants at your store?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered me a pre-established base hourly pay

Department Manager-EDP Interview

Department Manager-EDP

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Very detailed; I applied online to try for an internship for college graduation. I had a Phone interview first, which went very well and a few weeks before Christmas I had a Web Cam interview which was weird because the person interviewing me was difficult to read but I moved on to the next round. They paid for me to stay in a hotel in Cincinnati and I spent 2 days undergoing the interviewing process which consisted of a 3-Panel interview, group presentation and business acumen project.

Interview Question – How do you react in situations where you are working on a project in which you have little knowledge about?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Associate Producer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – my interview process was with 4 team members. this process included interviews with several tiers of producers at the company. while my interview contained no skills testing, ability testing was added in to ensure that candidates had some level of understanding the production process.

Interview Question – The interview process was very mundane.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

Interview Details – My initial interview was with two supervisors for part-time Sales Associate and it went well. One supervisor suggested that I would be good in Fine Jewelry, but the supervisor for that area did not hire me. I was disappointed, but applied again for Holiday Sales Associate and was only hired, when someone else declined the job. I still have a resume' filed with Macy's Human Resource Department. When I check on my resume, I am told that it is on hold!

Interview Question – Don't really remember.   View Answer