Macy's

Updated Nov 25, 2014
2,865 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, scheduled an interview a week later. Smooth and easy as long as you prepare. Hired on the spot. So what are you waiting for? Go Apply!! Uh Like now!

9$/hour un negotiable

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I was actually recruited by a Department Manager for Macy's. I Managed a small store in the Mall, and occasionally had lunch with a group of Department Managers from Macy's who encouraged me to talk to their HR manager about working for Macy's. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my management style, how I would handle certain situations with difficult employees, and how I would conduct meetings.   View Answer
    I was recruited, so I knew in advance what the offer was.

Seasonal Retail Stock Merchandising Interview

Interview was done over the phone. Fairly simple questions about personal experience and why I would be good at the job. Interview took about 5 minutes, which most of the time was spent reading over the job description. There is no room for wage negotiation and was told that the seasonal job ends January 1st. Got a job offer as soon as the interview was over and started the job the next week.

Interview Questions
    • If there is a coworker that isn't doing a great job what will you do?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I arrived for the interview and after I was led to a conference room- was told the position I applied for had been filled the previous day. It would have been courteous to let me know this prior to my arrival for the interview. They then tried to sell me on another position I was not interested in.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time I saw a co-worker steal something- and what I did about it.   Answer Question
    • When did I have good customer service and how did I respond.   Answer Question

The position they offered was not what I applied for and paid minimum wage.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

it was a one on one interview, was very quick and easy & didn't require much knowledge but it's definitely helpful if you know about the company. She was very nice and positive and was very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • What if we didn't have an item, how would you go about it?   View Answer
    • When are you available/ holidays   View Answer
    • Name a time when someone did something that wasn't right and what did you do   View Answer
    • Why Macy's?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Seasonal Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Completed an online application and called in for an interview within one week. The interviewer asked me a series of questions. She told me they are in the process of interviewing and i should expect a call the following week. I haven't heard back. The interview was pleasant. Glassdoor is a very helpful resource. I found all the interview questions and some answers on this website.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest pet peeve at work?   View Answer

Traffic/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

At least a 3 week process. You will meet with the janitor first and move your way up as they waste your time meeting with the managers, staff and then the actual decision makers, Directors and V.P's.

Interview Questions
    • No really trick questions. If you memorize all of the standard questions of an interview, you should be alright.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation process. Their offer is the only offer they will go with.

Full Time Clinique Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Basically as in ALL Macy's positions, if nit more in cosmetics, the focus should be SALES, SALES SALES, and customer service. The interview was pretty simple. I had 2 interviews in one day plus a phone interview with Clinique a day or so later. Then you meet with the l9cal Account Exec tlwhivh pretty m7ch means you're hired

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade and promote a customer to buy an item and 8nsyre a repeat customer?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Very short. Not much detail. Looking for those that are customer service focused and friendly with public. Makes sense since it's 100% public facing. Question we're not complicated. Overall easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Specific scenario with customers service scenario that you handled.   Answer Question

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The online process is done online. HR will send an email informing you to pick a date and time for your interview, if selected. The interview is situational-based. If the first interview was successful then you will be called in for a second interview. The second interview will be with the manager of the department you may be interested in. I was told I have to start somewhere so the manager granted me the job during my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember actually. I don't think I was asked a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question