Macy's Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.2

Cashier, Or Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Quick and easy, nice interview room (helped nerves a little), simple question's, friendly interviewer and I was hired on the spot. Macy's made this interview a positive experience for me.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled an interview for a week later. I arrived on time and was asked to wait in a room where another girl was completing a training program. My interviewer was very nice and it only took about 25 minutes. He only asked me a few questions then left the room for a minute and came back to tell me that there were no positions available at the time. He also told me I would most likely get an email as soon as something opened up, but I feel like he says that to everyone. Overall, it was an okay interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They emailed me in less than two weeks to schedule an interview online. I made the appointment and went to the interview half an hour early. They took me in right away and it was one on one for about half an hour. Then a second manager briefly went over my interview and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you talk someone into opening a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was unable to attend. However, rescheduling is almost impossible. It's almost up the air once you need to reschedule. It requires you to find a time slot that they are available to interview you, which won't happen.

Jewelry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Mission Viejo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

great interview with a manager and store manager they just need to be more upfront in the hours and benefits. I felt I was totally misled in the whole "make more money, get lots of hours

Interview Questions

• what would i do in these cases   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Palmdale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked a couple questions and when she asked about my school schedule and I explained I'm free for a month before I start back but I take morning classes she seemed fine but a day later got a email saying I didn't get because of my schedule.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Torrance, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview experience for Macy's isn't that hard. I had interviewed twice. I didn't get the job the first time because I went to school and my school hours weren't flexible enough for Macy's. They emailed me the next day and said I didn't get the job. Once school ended I applied again and it was pretty much the same basic interview. The interviewers are usually very friendly and make eye contact and smile. I dressed up in a blazer, pencil skirt and white button down and I got complimented on my appearance. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a hard situation and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Online test. Then I scheduled an interview online to go into the store. I took the first date available because I heard sometimes nothing is available. I went to my scheduled interview with an HR manager. It went well and a cosmetics counter manager called me the next day to schedule an interview with the Clinique counter. Then there will be one more interview.

Interview Questions

• How I would sell credit cards.   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Sherman Oaks, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website and received an email to set up an interview. I had a chance to choose between 3 days. I went in for the interview and it took approximately 30 minutes. After the interview I was told that an email means rejection and a phone call will be followed by a second interview with the cosmetic company that I would be hired for. After a month, I have not received an email or a phone call.

Starbucks Flex Team Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Brea, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online via the Macy's website career option and I was able to choose an interview date as I completed my application. I picked a Tuesday and came in, only to find out that the manager and the shift lead were both off that day. The worker there, who was really nice and seems to be there all the time, called her manager and he apparently didn't get a notification from Macy's saying that there was an interviewee that day. It seems a bit unprofessional, even if it was a mistake. He told the worker to reschedule with me on the following Friday and I agreed because why not? I was a bit annoyed because I really worked up my nerves for this interview. The worker just gave me a free drink and apologized, even though it wasn't her fault. I came in the following Friday 5 minutes early and was led to the Macy's offices in the back by the mattresses. The manager was this huge, white guy. He asked me basic questions but worded them to make it seem more complicated, which I have to admit, I fell for. He then sneezed all over his hands, couldn't find a tissue, and then said sorry he couldn't shake my hand. He said I'll be contacted via email, which seems to be a trend, but I never even got an email, not even one saying no.