Macy's Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy and quick. Process took two weeks. I declined the offer due to the hours they were offering. The pay is also pretty low. Its good if you are just looking for extra cash, but don't expect a good pay check. If they would have had a better pay offer and had some better hours I would have accepted the offer. Overall, is was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

phone interview, I was requested with a next day interview which I attended.. I was asked the same questions I was asked over the phone and answered them the same way I did over the phone

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were tested with your integrity   Answer Question
    • when did you work by yourself and something major happened   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through LPJobs.com. Got an email a few days later asking if I wanted to set up a phone interview. Set up my phone interview and no one called. Got an email later that night from the LPM apologizing and asked to reschedule for the next day. After exchanging a few emails, he invited me in for a face-to-face interview instead of a phone call. Went in to the interview 15 minutes early the next day. We went back to the offices where we spoke for about 45 minutes. Discussion ranged from typical interview questions, to more in depth questions about how I'd react, and stuff on my resume and application. Next comes the meeting with the HR Manager. It's essentially the same as the interview before, just the HR Manager wants to get an idea of you. If they like you, they'll speak with the LPM, and receive a notice by email or phone with an offer. Dress nicely, bring a hard copy of your resume, shave, shower, and smile. Have a good attitude about it all and be excited. Also, a completely open availability trumps most things on your application and resume, since it is retail essentially, they have crazy hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you think LP does on a daily-basis?   Answer Question
    • Why Loss Prevention? Do you have any prior experience?   Answer Question
    • How would you reduce shrink?   Answer Question
    • How would you apprehend a customer who didn't want to come to the back office with you?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle having a co-worker who doesn't care much of you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wage was based on past experience, either retail or LP. Also, based on local averages for that position.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and received an e-mail on Monday that they wanted me to schedule a phone interview. They were only available on Wednesday afternoons, so I scheduled an interview for that Wednesday. The interviewer was the store loss prevention manager, and he did call on time. The phone interview was very impersonal. Unfortunately, there was not any conversation between us, but instead he read questions directly from a paper. I am used to speaking to a hiring manager or supervisor like a normal person. He would read a question, I would answer, then he would pause and read the next question. There were no follow up questions or emotion from him, so I wasn't sure what he was thinking. I did get to ask him some questions, and they seemed to throw him off. Even if they did offer me a position, I don't think I would have taken it considering I would be working with him every day. He would not give me an e-mail address so I couldn't send him a thank you note, but instead gave me the phone number to the store.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you used teamwork.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you worked by yourself.   Answer Question
    • Will you be willing to come in overnight if an alarm goes off?   Answer Question
    • Will you be willing to make between $10-$12 an hour, starting around $10?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Downey, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied for seasonal position and got a phone interview within 2 days and interview lasted about 20 minutes. Basically interview was based on how well you can answer the questions they give you. A day after the phone interview I received a call back that I got the job, and another call the day after with the training information.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had seen a person something that was against your morals, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offerred $9.00 per hour for both training, and working.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the LP Supervisor, general questions, about my experience, etc. Nothing unusual. Very directed. He seemed upset about something, it was they way he interviewed. almost like he had to interview me. it was possible he had someone else in mind.

Interview Questions

• He asked how old I was????   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Bronx, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a two part session. The first being a phone interview where they ask you basic questions about why you want to work for Macy's . Describe a key moment or event that showcases your talent for loss prevention. Describe your previous jobs. What the best skill you have. They just want an idea of who you are. If they like you they will call you in for a personal interview. They basically ask you about previous job experiences and how you were able to handle certain situations. They ask the same questions many times about how would you react in a under pressure momemnt

Interview Questions

• Give a time that you had to figure out what the objective was without a supervisor telling you what to do   Answer Question

Negotiation

They started me at 9 dollars an hour but informed me that pay raise was very fast based on how we performed

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview a week from the time they contacted me for an interview. at 3pm the day and time of the interview, I received a call in which the manager notified me that the postion was already filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

I initially got a call for an interview after posting my resume on Monster.com. I was interviewed by the manager by herself. She asked me questions about particular things I have on my resume. After she asked me about a time in which I had to make an ethical decision. There was not much else to the interview. They were looking for a good fit to the team, which is usually made up of young people out of college or about 5 years out of college. The team was close knit, except for the manager. She seemed to be a little sexist and preferred males, however she hired me. She wasnt the best manager as you could see from the turnover of the agents. It was a fun job all in all though definitely. Very interesting and you can make what you want from it, take initiative and be part of a great team of fellow agents.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for the hourly rate. If you have a college degree you are likely to get a bit more than agents who do not is what it seems like.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2013.

Interview

Did an extensive test online, called surprisingly for a phone interview (no notice), did an interview with the manager (45 applicants also waiting)- I had 9 years experience and was told I was coming back next week for an interview with the district manager since I had already met the store manager... The manager spent the time with her face buried in notes and she was reading word for word from a list. Probably this was the worst interviewer I have ever dealt with because she had zero confidence. She said she wanted me given my education and experience, then revoked the job offer 4 days later because "Someone else came through who would accept minimum wage". Needless to say, not only do I not want to work for an employer who would do that- I'm making sure I never shop there again either.

Interview Questions

• Did you chose this because your family previously worked here   Answer Question

Had an offer, then they revoked it for someone who wanted minimum wage