Macy's Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Phone interview with the LP Supervisor, general questions, about my experience, etc. Nothing unusual. Very directed. He seemed upset about something, it was they way he interviewed. almost like he had to interview me. it was possible he had someone else in mind.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

The interview process is a two part session. The first being a phone interview where they ask you basic questions about why you want to work for Macy's . Describe a key moment or event that showcases your talent for loss prevention. Describe your previous jobs. What the best skill you have. They just want an idea of who you are. If they like you they will call you in for a personal interview. They basically ask you about previous job experiences and how you were able to handle certain situations. They ask the same questions many times about how would you react in a under pressure momemnt

Interview Questions
    • Give a time that you had to figure out what the objective was without a supervisor telling you what to do   Answer Question
    They started me at 9 dollars an hour but informed me that pay raise was very fast based on how we performed

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

I was scheduled for a phone interview a week from the time they contacted me for an interview. at 3pm the day and time of the interview, I received a call in which the manager notified me that the postion was already filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

I initially got a call for an interview after posting my resume on Monster.com. I was interviewed by the manager by herself. She asked me questions about particular things I have on my resume. After she asked me about a time in which I had to make an ethical decision. There was not much else to the interview. They were looking for a good fit to the team, which is usually made up of young people out of college or about 5 years out of college. The team was close knit, except for the manager. She seemed to be a little sexist and preferred males, however she hired me. She wasnt the best manager as you could see from the turnover of the agents. It was a fun job all in all though definitely. Very interesting and you can make what you want from it, take initiative and be part of a great team of fellow agents.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for the hourly rate. If you have a college degree you are likely to get a bit more than agents who do not is what it seems like.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in January 2013.

Did an extensive test online, called surprisingly for a phone interview (no notice), did an interview with the manager (45 applicants also waiting)- I had 9 years experience and was told I was coming back next week for an interview with the district manager since I had already met the store manager...

The manager spent the time with her face buried in notes and she was reading word for word from a list. Probably this was the worst interviewer I have ever dealt with because she had zero confidence. She said she wanted me given my education and experience, then revoked the job offer 4 days later because "Someone else came through who would accept minimum wage".

Needless to say, not only do I not want to work for an employer who would do that- I'm making sure I never shop there again either.

Interview Questions
    • Did you chose this because your family previously worked here   Answer Question

Had an offer, then they revoked it for someone who wanted minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

HR/Store Manager interview
    Loss Prevention Manager interview
    District Loss Prevention Manager interview
    Paper work
    Hired

Interview Questions
    They offered a low wage, and I countered with a much greater number. If they wantyou they will make it work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in September 2012.

Fill out application. They contact you for a phone interview. If they like you they bring you in for a face to face. Wthin 2-4 days you get your answer either way

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary due to my experience.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied on-line for a Loss Prevention/detective position. Have quite a few years experience and was emailed quickly to make myself available for a telephone interview. Went online again and selected a day and time I would be available. Stood by phone during assigned time and did not get a call. Went back on line to schedule a new time but it wouldn't let me. Sent an email and got a short and sweet sorry and would get back to me on how to proceed. After a couple of weeks emailed them again but did not get an answer. It's been three months now.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in July 2010.

Currently attending school and the Loss Prevention manager visited the school to give information about company. I sent in my resume and was given an interview that was based on my education and not necessarily my experience. Interview was mostly information regarding what the position entails and me being able to confirm that I would be able to handle the situations that may arise from such a position.

Only advise is to know what you are interviewing for and be ready to explain how you would be a good fit. The company also seems to be willing to except people with little to no experience as long as there is a desire to learn and grow within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have the ability to stay focused and pay attention to details?( being able to catch a shoplifter in action from viewing cameras)   Answer Question
    • What would you do if someone that you know was caught stealing? Would you have a problem apprehending that person?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in April 2010.

I responded to an ad on indeed.com for a Loss Prevention Agent position. I received a computer generated email asking for the best times for me to interview. The LPM conducted the 1on1 which lasted for a bout one hour. Excellent exchange of information between the hiring manager and myself. I was informed that a decision would be forthcoming in 7-10 days. I was also informed that if selected they would require both a criminal and credit background check.

Interview Questions
    • How many years experience do you have in retail loss prevention?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question