Macy's

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loss Prevention Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for a phone interview a week from the time they contacted me for an interview. at 3pm the day and time of the interview, I received a call in which the manager notified me that the postion was already filled.

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I initially got a call for an interview after posting my resume on Monster.com. I was interviewed by the manager by herself. She asked me questions about particular things I have on my resume. After she asked me about a time in which I had to make an ethical decision. There was not much else to the interview. They were looking for a good fit to the team, which is usually made up of young people out of college or about 5 years out of college. The team was close knit, except for the manager. She seemed to be a little sexist and preferred males, however she hired me. She wasnt the best manager as you could see from the turnover of the agents. It was a fun job all in all though definitely. Very interesting and you can make what you want from it, take initiative and be part of a great team of fellow agents.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for the hourly rate. If you have a college degree you are likely to get a bit more than agents who do not is what it seems like.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out application. They contact you for a phone interview. If they like you they bring you in for a face to face. Wthin 2-4 days you get your answer either way

Interview Question – None really IF you have Loss Prevention experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary due to my experience.

Loss Prevention Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in January 2013.

Interview Details – Did an extensive test online, called surprisingly for a phone interview (no notice), did an interview with the manager (45 applicants also waiting)- I had 9 years experience and was told I was coming back next week for an interview with the district manager since I had already met the store manager...

The manager spent the time with her face buried in notes and she was reading word for word from a list. Probably this was the worst interviewer I have ever dealt with because she had zero confidence. She said she wanted me given my education and experience, then revoked the job offer 4 days later because "Someone else came through who would accept minimum wage".

Needless to say, not only do I not want to work for an employer who would do that- I'm making sure I never shop there again either.

Interview Question – Did you chose this because your family previously worked here   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had an offer, then they revoked it for someone who wanted minimum wage

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – HR/Store Manager interview
Loss Prevention Manager interview
District Loss Prevention Manager interview
Paper work
Hired

Interview Question – Typical questions...Name a time when...etc. etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a low wage, and I countered with a much greater number. If they wantyou they will make it work.

Loss Prevention Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied on-line for a Loss Prevention/detective position. Have quite a few years experience and was emailed quickly to make myself available for a telephone interview. Went online again and selected a day and time I would be available. Stood by phone during assigned time and did not get a call. Went back on line to schedule a new time but it wouldn't let me. Sent an email and got a short and sweet sorry and would get back to me on how to proceed. After a couple of weeks emailed them again but did not get an answer. It's been three months now.

Interview Question – Macys failed to make appointment.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2010.

Interview Details – Currently attending school and the Loss Prevention manager visited the school to give information about company. I sent in my resume and was given an interview that was based on my education and not necessarily my experience. Interview was mostly information regarding what the position entails and me being able to confirm that I would be able to handle the situations that may arise from such a position.

Only advise is to know what you are interviewing for and be ready to explain how you would be a good fit. The company also seems to be willing to except people with little to no experience as long as there is a desire to learn and grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the ability to stay focused and pay attention to details?( being able to catch a shoplifter in action from viewing cameras)   Answer Question
  • What would you do if someone that you know was caught stealing? Would you have a problem apprehending that person?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in April 2010.

Interview Details – I responded to an ad on indeed.com for a Loss Prevention Agent position. I received a computer generated email asking for the best times for me to interview. The LPM conducted the 1on1 which lasted for a bout one hour. Excellent exchange of information between the hiring manager and myself. I was informed that a decision would be forthcoming in 7-10 days. I was also informed that if selected they would require both a criminal and credit background check.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's Loss Prevention Agent interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.