Macy's Merchandise Team Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

1.6

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied on line.Within few days I got a email to schedule a interview.The interview was very casual.the interview lasted for 30 min.They offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Is there a time when a team member did not show up and you have to take over their job,and how would you handle it?   Answer Question
  • If you see someone is cheating on the job,what would you do?   1 Answer
  • How good are in coping multiple responsibilities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Livingston, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a little odd. When I first arrived to Macy's, I went to the location of the store that they told me to go to in the directions and when I got there the people asked me my name and what department that I was being interviewed for. I told them Support and I overheard them say that they didn't have anyone available to interview me. They called around the store, and eventually I was interviewed and I was asked a lot of scenario questions. At the end of my interview, the woman said that she thinks I would be a great fit for the position and that she wanted me to come back the following Wednesday for another interview with the Support Team Manager. When I came back for my second interview, I was hired on the spot and process for my background check, I start tomorrow. The whole process took two weeks.

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email within 24 hours to schedule an interview (online). Was given short face to face interview and received a job offer at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Nanuet, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Quick and Easy, they were just more interested inhering for the seasonal position. The manager was very friendly. It did not feel like an interview whatsoever, it was more about telling me about the job and what my availability would be. I already knew I was hired the moment I started speaking with her.

Interview Questions

• Is this something you feel like you could handle ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Joliet, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Their interview process is a waste of time. They take forever to call you after you interview. But the worse part is , when you go to the interview they tell you the job you are interested in is not available, even though it is clearly posted on the list of open positions. So basically, it is a waste of time!!!! Then they tell you they "bench" you which means when and IF the position opens, they will call you, but they don't. You end up calling them, and them they act like they have no idea what you are talking about.

Interview Questions

Because they were completely unprofessional and unorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied and was scheduled for an interview that Monday. Interview was straight to the point, no negotiating. Interviewer only concerned about availability. After interview, I waited a few days for my background check results to come back and started training immediately afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work early mornings?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union Gap, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Union Gap, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

The support manager interviewed me and in the course of the interview determined I'd be better suited working for another manager in a different department (which sounded like a better job for my personal needs). It was the pre-holiday hiring season so I think they were basically looking for anyone who didn't seem to be a complete moron and they'd be happy to take them on. 12-20 hours a week retail. You can't screw that up.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview including some of your basic interview questions (which, after researching how to do an interview a year later I realized I pretty much bungled =P)   Answer Question

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was easy. It was more of a BS session with the hiring manager. We talked about our kids for a long time, and then she asked me the usual questions asked at an interview for a remedial job (best strenght, biggest weakness, example of a time you assisted a customer, example of a time you had to use time management skills).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to choose one priority over another.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I made it clear that I was disappointed that she wanted to start me out at minimum wage, but I still accepted the job because it seemed non-negotiable. 15 minutes after I left the interview, my interviewer called me and said that she could pay me $1 more an hour. (This might not be usual because I really aced the interview)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (The Woodlands, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied, within a week got a call to schedule a interview. Had the interview 1 on 1. Asked me about past and current work history. Job related problems and how i would deal with them. Like having deadlines but customer keep interrupting
    How would i deal with it to meet the deadlines

Interview Questions

• dealing with customers when you have a deadline that needs to be meet   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ledgewood, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Ledgewood, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

I enjoy interviews since I'm curious what question may be asked during the interview. I learned if there are posters listing work ethics, or issues in the workplace, to memorize them and basically regurgitate the key points. Having been to many private school interviews growing up (we moved a lot), I have made the interview process a game. It's important to be calm, not to interrupt the interviewer, smile at appropriate times and be honest! Always keep your feet grounded and remember, like a roller coaster, the ride will end.

Interview Questions

• The Head of the Merchandising Team asked me two questions that surprised me. Normally, I'm not stumped how to answer questions, but the first one was "Who is the designer of the shirt you are wearing?" I was taken aback and realized I know very little about clothing designers. I didn't know! Then she asked me, "Do you shop at Macy's?" And the answer at that time was no.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating pay, but we did discuss hours.