Macy's Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Cordova, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Cordova, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

they basically ask why do you want to work here? why should we hire you? give me examples on how you handled a mad customer? stuff like that. They also asked things like where have you previously worked and why did you leave. little things like that,

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

There were two back-to-back interviews on campus. The questions were mostly behavioral based but also asked questions about the company and the industry. I learned that I got an interview a few weeks after submitting my resume and then heard back from the recruiter about a week after my interview.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

the interview process was very easy and short. one of the easiest I have ever done. the wait for actual interview was linger than the interview itself. the manager filled out hiring papers before she even asked me questions

Interview Questions

• they didn't really ask much mainly because it was seasonal and they needed positions filled quickly   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Leawood, KS) in December 2014.

Interview

Short few typical questions Had 1 on 1 interview. Questions were short and none required a very lengthy answer. was giving an offer and also was told a background check would be preformed. Lengthiest part of the process was the time the background check took, which was about 3-4 days (may have taken longer since I was hired on a weekend)

Merchandising Interview

Interview

Just your basic behavioral questions -- nothing tricky. The frustrating part was that after I went in for an in person interview, they never responded back again. I even followed up by e-mail, but never received any response. It would be nice for them just to give me any form update -- instead of having no reply.

Merchandiser Interview

Interview

Keep it open and watch their words if really serious to work as team and enjoy on the jobs daily tasks? Ask about hours and will get more hours in future? Not to cut off and no interesting for job tasks? Any one be salesperson, got be kidding to ask EACH customer for open new credit card account? Jobs out there are short...

To get new job next level and turned down. Because boss chose favorism employees.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Very standard. However, the hiring manager was unsure of anything about her department

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question came when she asked me what animal would I describe myself as.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiating they gave you a hiring amount and that was that...I'm guessing it was because I was a college student.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an e-mail saying they would like to interview me. A week later I went in for my interview and the manager was very nice.. She asked about 6 questions such as name a time where you were on a team and someone wasn't participating what did you do? and name a time when you saw someone doing something immoral and what did you do to stop it. she also asked about my past experiances.. She told me that they actually didn't have any spots available but she would call me if something came up. About a week later she called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were basic. Very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received email to set up interview a week or so later. Interviewer didn't have my application because it "wouldn't print", so knew nothing about me with the exception of my name. Thankfully, I had shown up with a resume.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were schedule-related, logistics, availability. Only one "Explain what you would do..." question. It was concerning time constraints on the job. Oh, and there was, of course the "Tell me about yourself?"   Answer Question

Minimum wage

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

got called back for the interview within 2 weeks. Got asked questions like, why do i want to work at Macys, Years of retail experience, How to make the store a better place, and stuff like that. After that they said they would call me, but they never call they usually email. Took about another 2 weeks for them to get back to me saying i got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here. Never answer for the money. Some people do and thats a no no. say something like the environment, the public and when it comes to holidays there is no place better to work and be, (except maybe home) throw in a joke if your interviewer is a joker and is laughing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $8.75 and wasn't really a negotiation just told me when i would start working.