Macy's Merchandiser Interview Questions & Reviews

21 interviews

1.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandising Interview

Just your basic behavioral questions -- nothing tricky. The frustrating part was that after I went in for an in person interview, they never responded back again. I even followed up by e-mail, but never received any response. It would be nice for them just to give me any form update -- instead of having no reply.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2011.

It was simple.

their stuck on paying $8.00 per hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

My interview at Macy's was very laid back. I went in dressed up, met with a hiring manager, we discussed my past work experiences and how I'd go about handling things that could arise at Macy's. It's a pretty staight forward interview, it's not too difficult to pass. Macy's standards are pretty relaxed to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in January 2011.

It was ignorant.

Interview Questions
    • She asked no questions, just said someone else might call me. So a week later, I called her back, and she said that someone else would review my application. No one called me. An ex employee I knew called HR and reccomended me for the job. Then, I was called back in, and then she said the manager would contact me. Later on that week, the manager called me, and gave me the job.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Keep it open and watch their words if really serious to work as team and enjoy on the jobs daily tasks? Ask about hours and will get more hours in future? Not to cut off and no interesting for job tasks? Any one be salesperson, got be kidding to ask EACH customer for open new credit card account? Jobs out there are short...

To get new job next level and turned down. Because boss chose favorism employees.

Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

I applied online and recieved an e-mail saying they would like to interview me. A week later I went in for my interview and the manager was very nice.. She asked about 6 questions such as name a time where you were on a team and someone wasn't participating what did you do? and name a time when you saw someone doing something immoral and what did you do to stop it. she also asked about my past experiances.. She told me that they actually didn't have any spots available but she would call me if something came up. About a week later she called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were basic. Very easy interview.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate

Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Very standard. However, the hiring manager was unsure of anything about her department

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question came when she asked me what animal would I describe myself as.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiating they gave you a hiring amount and that was that...I'm guessing it was because I was a college student.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

Got a call from Macys saying they wanted to interview me, went in for a 20 minute interview and got a call later in the day saying that I had been offered the position.

Merchandising Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Applied online. Received email to set up interview a week or so later. Interviewer didn't have my application because it "wouldn't print", so knew nothing about me with the exception of my name. Thankfully, I had shown up with a resume.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were schedule-related, logistics, availability. Only one "Explain what you would do..." question. It was concerning time constraints on the job. Oh, and there was, of course the "Tell me about yourself?"   Answer Question

Minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valley Stream, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's.

got called back for the interview within 2 weeks. Got asked questions like, why do i want to work at Macys, Years of retail experience, How to make the store a better place, and stuff like that. After that they said they would call me, but they never call they usually email. Took about another 2 weeks for them to get back to me saying i got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here. Never answer for the money. Some people do and thats a no no. say something like the environment, the public and when it comes to holidays there is no place better to work and be, (except maybe home) throw in a joke if your interviewer is a joker and is laughing.   Answer Question
    They offered me $8.75 and wasn't really a negotiation just told me when i would start working.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!