Macy's

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

Interview Details – My interview at Macy's was very laid back. I went in dressed up, met with a hiring manager, we discussed my past work experiences and how I'd go about handling things that could arise at Macy's. It's a pretty staight forward interview, it's not too difficult to pass. Macy's standards are pretty relaxed to me.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was ignorant.

Interview Question – She asked no questions, just said someone else might call me. So a week later, I called her back, and she said that someone else would review my application. No one called me. An ex employee I knew called HR and reccomended me for the job. Then, I was called back in, and then she said the manager would contact me. Later on that week, the manager called me, and gave me the job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Keep it open and watch their words if really serious to work as team and enjoy on the jobs daily tasks? Ask about hours and will get more hours in future? Not to cut off and no interesting for job tasks? Any one be salesperson, got be kidding to ask EACH customer for open new credit card account? Jobs out there are short...

Reason for Declining – To get new job next level and turned down. Because boss chose favorism employees.

Very Easy Interview

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and recieved an e-mail saying they would like to interview me. A week later I went in for my interview and the manager was very nice.. She asked about 6 questions such as name a time where you were on a team and someone wasn't participating what did you do? and name a time when you saw someone doing something immoral and what did you do to stop it. she also asked about my past experiances.. She told me that they actually didn't have any spots available but she would call me if something came up. About a week later she called and offered me the position.

Interview Question – Many of the questions were basic. Very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Very standard. However, the hiring manager was unsure of anything about her department

Interview Question – The unexpected question came when she asked me what animal would I describe myself as.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiating they gave you a hiring amount and that was that...I'm guessing it was because I was a college student.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from Macys saying they wanted to interview me, went in for a 20 minute interview and got a call later in the day saying that I had been offered the position.

Interview Question – How do feel when when working with a team?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Merchandising

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received email to set up interview a week or so later. Interviewer didn't have my application because it "wouldn't print", so knew nothing about me with the exception of my name. Thankfully, I had shown up with a resume.

Interview Question – Most questions were schedule-related, logistics, availability. Only one "Explain what you would do..." question. It was concerning time constraints on the job. Oh, and there was, of course the "Tell me about yourself?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Minimum wage

Valley Stream, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – got called back for the interview within 2 weeks. Got asked questions like, why do i want to work at Macys, Years of retail experience, How to make the store a better place, and stuff like that. After that they said they would call me, but they never call they usually email. Took about another 2 weeks for them to get back to me saying i got the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here. Never answer for the money. Some people do and thats a no no. say something like the environment, the public and when it comes to holidays there is no place better to work and be, (except maybe home) throw in a joke if your interviewer is a joker and is laughing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $8.75 and wasn't really a negotiation just told me when i would start working.

Very Easy Interview

Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty easy. I submitted my application online, got a call for an in person interview about 3 weeks later, and interviewed about 1 week after that. I interviewed with only 1 person and got the job on the spot. My only complaint was that the interviewer seemed like he did not want to be bothered and was irritated. Oh well, I didn't let his attitude bother me, did well enough on the interview to actually make him crack a smile! And was offered the position.

Negotiation Details – Being that the position was temp/seasonal, there was no negotiation.

Merchandising Interview

Merchandising

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – It was a very short interview. The interviewer was nice, and went over a couple of questions. He told me what the job would be like, and to see if I was still interested.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!