Macy's Merchandising Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

I applied for seasonal Merchandising associate. Was called a few days later for a phone interview. They asked questions like, why do you want to work for Macy's? , have you ever managed a group before?, etc etc) then I was called again about 3 days later saying that the early morning shift that I wanted for merchandising wasn't available but Receiving had early morning shifts available, so I told them it was okay and accepted the position. They told me to come in for paid train that Thursday and Friday. After that I haven't heard from them, nor did I have a schedule on insite. I called and went up there a few times to speak to a manager but every time I was told they were in a meeting. Finally about three weeks later I called and asked for a manager's direct number and got ahold of the Receiving manager and he told me to come in the next day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied for the Executive Development Program as a friend had gone through the process. First there is a phone interview. Then, there is a 3 day on site interview with about 25 other individuals. At the time, they let you choose between going to the Department Stores or .COM. You also choose between buying and planning. The 3 days consist of ice breaking sessions, speeches from past EDP's, HR managers and senior executives for both stores and .COM, There is also a retail math test as well as a case study where you work with your peers. Last, there is a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of one time where you helped your team achieve results   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in November 2012.

Interview

Appkied for visual merchandising job online. Two months later I was emailed and told to schedule an appointment using taleo. Went in for interview and was told that the position had been filled. Another position is open though, would I like to interview for that one?

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when a coworker was dishonest. How did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was kind of a hassle for me from the beginning. I scheduled my interview for later in the week. I drove over an hour to get to the mall and they called me when I was pulling into the store and said they just saw my interview was today and the lady I was to meet with was actually on vacation. Apparently, the computer system and the managers do not go hand and hand. They made me come back a week later. Initially, my interview was for a visual merchandising position. After the interview, she suggested that perhaps I would be more of a fit in the merchandising position. For the actual interview, she read the questions right off a sheet (mono-toned). The questions were your typical, "tell me of a time..." questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

upper manangement were very nice, friendly, professonal. transistion were all good

Interview Questions

• was not difficult at all. unexpected question were can you came in last minute??? which is odd.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotation were never offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

Very basic and straight fwd. Lived out of state, so had a phone interview w HR initailly then arranged to come in over a week later. Met with buyer, int. was about 45 m and she was reading questions off of a sheet. Offered me the job 1 hour later via email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in June 2008.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, and 1:1 interview with several buyers

Interview Questions

• How would you go about addressing someone if you have an issue.   1 Answer

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview went well. Met with two people both very nice in HR. Tough but definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• What is something you do at your current job that you would not want to continue doing in this job at Macy's.   Answer Question