Macy's Merchandising Assistant Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Macy's in November 2012.

Appkied for visual merchandising job online. Two months later I was emailed and told to schedule an appointment using taleo. Went in for interview and was told that the position had been filled. Another position is open though, would I like to interview for that one?

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a time when a coworker was dishonest. How did you resolve it?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

The interview process was kind of a hassle for me from the beginning. I scheduled my interview for later in the week. I drove over an hour to get to the mall and they called me when I was pulling into the store and said they just saw my interview was today and the lady I was to meet with was actually on vacation. Apparently, the computer system and the managers do not go hand and hand. They made me come back a week later.

Initially, my interview was for a visual merchandising position. After the interview, she suggested that perhaps I would be more of a fit in the merchandising position.

For the actual interview, she read the questions right off a sheet (mono-toned). The questions were your typical, "tell me of a time..." questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in February 2012.

upper manangement were very nice, friendly, professonal. transistion were all good

Interview Questions
    • was not difficult at all. unexpected question were can you came in last minute??? which is odd.   Answer Question
    negotation were never offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in December 2008.

Very basic and straight fwd. Lived out of state, so had a phone interview w HR initailly then arranged to come in over a week later. Met with buyer, int. was about 45 m and she was reading questions off of a sheet. Offered me the job 1 hour later via email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in June 2008.

Phone interview with HR recruiter, and 1:1 interview with several buyers

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about addressing someone if you have an issue.   View Answer

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Interview went well. Met with two people both very nice in HR. Tough but definitely worth it.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you do at your current job that you would not want to continue doing in this job at Macy's.   Answer Question