Macy's Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Flushing, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy to someone else. I had no sales experience prior and it was my first interview so it didn't go as well. Since I was a college student he wasn't pleased with my availability once school would start. He wanted someone permanent who could work as many shifts I guess. They asked simple questions "what would you in this case" and "how would you take charge of a situation". There was one thing that bothered me. THE GUY FELL ASLEEP. I don't know if it was me since it was my first interview or if he was tired. But it just seemed very unprofessional. I think I talked too much about my work which had little to do with sales and didn't stand out. So I think experience in sales would be very helpful in getting this job. He told me my availability was sort of a problem and once I updated he would look at it and give me a call. I've heard Macy's hires right on the spot so I'm pretty sure I didn't get it. And if I did, the inflexibility would be a problem so I wouldn't take it anyway.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

After an email and an photo interview, I went in for a one on one interview. The whole process was a drawn out and after all that I was told they don't have the money for the position at this time. I wish they had not wasted my time!

Interview Questions

• They color correct all the photos on Maycs.com. I was asked to change the color on an intricate porcelain tea set.   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Next day I received an email to schedule a interview. I went on a Tuesday at the downtown Brooklyn location, process took two hours. I was interview with a nice who makes the interview go smoothly. I was told if I don't hear from them in a week for me to call her but she called me this Friday to offer the job title support associate. Sweet I got the job

Interview Questions

• what will you do to help a customer find something?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

They emailed me to schedule an interview. I waited for an hour. When I finally talked to someone, they told me they'd call me to schedule another interview. I waited 2 days, called them, and they never got back to me.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Manhasset, NY).

Interview

After you apply online, they will email you asking to schedule your interview date and time. Definitely dress to impress. I had to wait at the office for 15 minutes. Then interviewed with a manager about the position. Questions were straightforward and no trick questions. The manager will call or email you whether you got the job or not.

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I was contacted through email. Interview was short and sweet. She asked me a few questions about myself. Then she asked me why Macy's. Then I was asked Why I wanted to work there.

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through my college after a career fair. The recruiter and I had a friendly conversation, and it escalated to an interest in procuring the management position, therefore I applied online and had an interview scheduled in 2 weeks. There were 2 interviews, the first was behavioral, simple questions about what your character is like, why you are a leader, why Macy's is right for you etc. then an interview where you were tasked with who you as a manager should hire/fire based on performance. Heard back from them 15 days later, and took the internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you acted under pressure   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglaston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Douglaston, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to schedule an interview for a beauty advisor position with Estee Lauder. One week later I had an interview with the cosmetics manager. She read off a list of questions and wrote down some notes.This interview went extremely well and the woman interviewing me was an absolute doll. Had a second interview that same day with the Estee Lauder counter manager and an account executive. It was so intimidating! They refered to the notes taken in the first interview throughout our conversation. I wasn't prepared to have another interview that same day so I wasnt as equipped to handle to questions. However I had enough knowledge about Estee Lauder to get by, make sure you are fully prepared for the brand you're interviewing for! At the end of the second interview I was informed that I would be contacted to do a talent plus interview as the last step in the hiring process. Couple days later talent plus called to schedule a phone interview with me. Talent plus can be described as a psycho-analysis interview. Just answer truthfully and positively and you should be fine. One week later I received a call saying that I passed my talent plus interview and was offered a position. I accepted and went in for training a week later. The entire process, from the day I applied to the day I went in for training, took approximately 4 weeks.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied as a sales associate for the shoe department however I was hired for the activewear department. There were several people waiting to be interviewed because the manager wasnt available at the time. The only interview questions i was really asked was "why Macy's?" After that she just asked me about my experience (I didn't really have any relevant or retail experience). She explained that I would need to work mornings (I didn't check off early mornings and overnights when I applied) but after finding out early morning meant 9 am I was fine with it. After that I was basically hired lol. I was placed in sportswear instead of shoes like I wanted though :( Btw I applied for the Macy's in Brooklyn. Kings plaza to be exact.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations I will make $8.75 for the trainings and $9.25 hourly after that.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and I received an email to set up an appointment. I had interview with cosmetic manager and floor manager. After that I had interview for talent plus and now today I have interview in store again.

Interview Questions

• How loyal are you? What would you do if you see one of the employee stealing?   Answer Question