Macy's Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.6

165 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied for a part time position on the macy'sjobs website. I received a response to schedule an interview two days later. I scheduled the interview for two days later. I went on time and there was no else there at HR except the administrative assistant. I let her know I was there for my interview and she paged one of the managers to let them know I was there. I didn't have to wait long. The manager came and introduced herself and then took me to a room to interview me. I just wanted to get the interview done with. I knew what questions would be asked because I looked it up before my interview and was prepared. The interview went by fast. She offered me 2 part time positions to choose from. I picked one. It was all in one department. Then the administrative assistant gave me a new hire paper to fill out with my info like social and phone number & address. She said she would call to schedule me for orientation and training within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Only because you never know what to say to that question. Everything else is standard and simple. Like why Macy's, how would you celebrate a purchase, different scenarios with customers, what would you do if you saw an employee doing something unethical etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Start at $8/hour.

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

A ton of "Tell me about a time when..." questions, as is typical with Macy's. They ask every candidate the exact same questions, so make sure to give unique, personal answers. He had very difficult follow-ups to every question. I answered a question with "I never sacrifice accuracy for speed" and he asked "what if I needed you to get something done fast?"

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Just a few basic questions asked by the manager followed the list. simple questions about customer services, team work, and so on. There were a lot of people in the waiting room. They didn't talk about the pay or any other things.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Applied online I don't know when. Received an email to schedule interview online. Scheduled it for Saturday at 11AM. Arrived 30 minutes early. Waited an hour to be interviewed. They had specific interviewers assigned to specific people. My interviewer was late. 1 on 1 interview with a supervisor then another interview with a manager. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to help someone personally.

All other questions were pretty simple and based on selling, teamwork, customer interaction (most important).
        View Answers (2)
    No negotiation. $8.25 starting pay

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in March 2012.

Interview process was pretty straightforward. I met with an HR Representative as well as a Product Manager, which was helpful (in my opinion). There are the standard questions i.e. Why do you want to work for Macy's etc. but there were also a slew of behavioral questions. My advice to those who plan to interview for this program: practice answering questions relating to real life/ work scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you were able to persuade someone to see your point of view.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Sign on Bonus.

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. Process took a week to get the actual interview, then waited another week for training. Once you are in the system youll be guided through the rest. The people are very nice so you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. But If I had to choose I would say it was when they gave me a scenario of what to do if im working and customers are around. Basically they are looking to see if you are aware that customers are ALWAYS PRIORITY. You keep that in mind.   View Answer
    close to minimum wage..I Took it to help build my experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

The interview process was very organized and detailed. There was a lot of communication throughout the process which helped and made things easy. The employees were very helpful also.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

The interview was long. I was asked to edit a few images, which tool me about an hour and then they told me there is no position available. I wish they hadn't wasted my time.

Associate Replenishment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

First step was a phone screen which was rather straight forward. Second step was an in person interview with the hiring manager and VP of the department. Also, rather straight forward. No questions through me for a loop.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult vendor   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

I applied online and received an e-mail telling me to schedule an appointment. I scheduled the appointment. I arrived the interview 10 minutes earlier and had to check in with a guy at the desk. I sat down and waited for someone to call my name. They called me and read off of a piece of paper and wrote down what I was saying on the piece of paper. After the questioning was over I asked the guy that interviewed me about how long will it be before I know I received an offer for the job. He was honest (well I think he was being honest) and he said that there were no open positions for the job that I applied for, but he told me that I was a strong candidate and if any positions opened anytime soon he would contact me.
    He kept asking me to confirm my number and email so he could contact me if there were any openings.

Interview Questions

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!