Macy's Operations Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

It took 2 weeks. I submitted my resume through a contact and they called me within 2-3 days. I was initially phone interviewed by the director, and then my final face to face interview was with the VP and HR Director.

Interview Questions
  • They grilled me. My most difficult question was what is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
I did not negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Apply for job on line. Recruiter calls or applicant receive an email. Interview is set up. Interview is in store applied for. Interview is with one of the Sales Managers, and it is just one interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the situation where you see a fellow teammate taking money from the cash register till?   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

2 interviews. 1 with the hiring manager. 1 was a call back to meet with the VP. Mostly covered the job duties and how I experience aligned

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle a disgruntled employees.   View Answer
    they don't really budge on the first offer they make you

Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in March 2010.

Initial interview was via phone. Very experienced HR rep made me feel extremely welcomed. Second interview was a more formal one. First step was to complete the computer info. HR rep walked me through to ensure I was comfortable with the program before leaving me to finish. Following the computer was a 1:1 interview with a potential peer. Interview went well, small talk, while following the guidelines for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly book questions, What are your strengths, if you could change one thing, et cetera. Most memorable question was "If I wanted a Ferris Wheel in the parking lot, how would you go about making it happen?"   View Answer
    Non-wavering: "Here is the job we're offering."
    There was no negotiation process.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!