Macy's Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.1

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Once I applied online, Macy's sent me a confirmation email and then sent me an invitation to schedule an interview via email about 4 days later. Scheduling was easy and straight forward. The interview itself was 15min and was nothing out of the ordinary. Be sure to smile, dress nicely, and show confidence and you'll be fine!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you? What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sugar Land, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. She ask around 7 or 8 questions. I reviewed all the question on here and rehearsed before arriving to the interview. The staff in the HR was very nice. One of the older ladies talked to me while I was waiting. I got hired on the spot. I was offered $9.25/hr which was better than my previous job so I said yes. Just hope I can get more than 15-20 hr per week.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a stranger to buy a product your selling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

There were no curve balls. The women I interviewed with was pleasant. The questions were very, very, very, very similar to the ones on this site. Review them and you'll do fine.

Anonymous Employee in Barboursville, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Barboursville, WV) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call two days later that asked me to go online and pick an open interview slot. The woman that interviewed me was very friendly and asked the questions from the paper that were very similar to others I read on here. It was easy enough, but they didn't seem too interested in someone that could only work part-time, so I was not offered a position.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email from Macy's asking me to schedule an interview. The link they sent in the e-mail to schedule an interview was valid for 14 days. I scheduled the date and time for interview then I received the e-mail confirmation which also include direction where to go for the interview. I arrived 15 minutes before the designated time, announced my presence 5 minutes before the scheduled time and then the interviewer asked me to wait outside and told me she would call me when she's ready. A few minutes later, she came out and asked me in. She introduced herself and asked me what name I applied with. After she retrieved my paperwork from her system, she proceeded to ask me questions. The interviewer was very friendly and to the point. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• *Why do you apply at Macy's? *How would you sell a product and make customers come back to you? *What would you do if you caught someone is stealing? *If you see someone is cheating on the job, what would you do? *Tell me about a difficult problem you encountered and how did you solve it? *How would you sell me a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The recruiter was very nice. I came in 15 minutes early and she noted my early presence, which was a huge plus for her. She asked me about the position I was applying for, which was odd to me since I had already mentioned that on the job application. She directly told me that even though they probably couldn't hire me as a temp over the summer, she would check after my interview. There was a packet containing questions that she read from and she would write down notes as I went. The questions were standard, like why do you want to work here, how would you deal with a difficult customer, when was a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation.

Interview Questions

• How would you get someone to open up a Macy's gift card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I got the email to schedule an interview time the day after I filled out and submitted everything. I got there at 11:30, my appointment was at 12 (it's good to get there a little early because the person that interviewed me was happy I came early). On the way to get interviewed the lady and I did some small talk and it helped with getting comfortable and helped with the nerves a little bit. I did the interview and it helped that I found this cite because the questions she asked me were basically what everyone on here said. The only difference was I was asked so many questions, (a lot of scenario questions) guess it depends on who is interviewing you. At the end the lady went out of the room and came back to tell me I got the job then from there I filled out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• When facing a difficult task do you look at it negatively or in a positive way??   1 Answer
    • When facing a obtacle how do you plan to overcome it??   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a quick interview. The questions were fairly easy but we're just asking the same thing over and over again. The interviewer was nice but her phone kept doing off during the interview and she didn't really look like she was paying attention.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

i applied on line, they send me an email the day after. I had my interview in the same week. It's was a formal interview in the human resourse department. The interview went on for 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was very friendly however she kind of talked to me like I was a child even when I was serious(I'm 18). The interview consisted of her reading off of a paper that told you to give them scenarios of past experiences you've had. The only problem was my schedule. I am a student so it limited my flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you and your coworkers worked together and what was the outcome?   Answer Question