Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for macys?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Flushing, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy to someone else. I had no sales experience prior and it was my first interview so it didn't go as well. Since I was a college student he wasn't pleased with my availability once school would start. He wanted someone permanent who could work as many shifts I guess. They asked simple questions "what would you in this case" and "how would you take charge of a situation". There was one thing that bothered me. THE GUY FELL ASLEEP. I don't know if it was me since it was my first interview or if he was tired. But it just seemed very unprofessional. I think I talked too much about my work which had little to do with sales and didn't stand out. So I think experience in sales would be very helpful in getting this job. He told me my availability was sort of a problem and once I updated he would look at it and give me a call. I've heard Macy's hires right on the spot so I'm pretty sure I didn't get it. And if I did, the inflexibility would be a problem so I wouldn't take it anyway.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. Applied on macysjobs.com, two days later received a call for an interview... once there interviewed with one manager, then another immediately.ąaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've made a connection with a customer. How have you handled an upset customer in the past? Name a time you've needed to accomplish something as a team.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Easy interview, questions weren't too crazy. Very nice lady, the overall experience was very good and positive. Spots were taken so I was "bookmarked" until another spot was available but she said I definitely here back from them again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online took 4 days to schedule an interview online then when you opened the link there would be a button for schedule interview it is an first come first serve basis if your late to schedule the interview you have to wait until its okay again.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and I got an email about inviting me for an interview. The interview process was easy. I went into the executive office, told them I had an interview and waited til they called me in. The questions were pretty easy. I was going to be hired on the spot but the manager who interviewed me didn't have anymore positions available.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They emailed me in less than two weeks to schedule an interview online. I made the appointment and went to the interview half an hour early. They took me in right away and it was one on one for about half an hour. Then a second manager briefly went over my interview and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you talk someone into opening a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I got an email the next day to set up an appointment. The biggest wait was between making the appointment and the day getting here. I was 15 minutes early but the woman who was to interview me was 25 minutes late due to the weather. The questions were fine, she was really nice, she said she enjoyed my interview. I was kind of surprised when the next morning I woke up to an email that I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbia, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick, about 15 minutes. I was dressed professionally in all black and arrived 15 minutes early. The women that interviewed me was nice and asked me a series of basic interview questions from a packet. All questions were similar to the ones mentioned on Glassdoor so I'm glad I did my research! After interview, she asked if I had any questions and I asked about the next steps to the interview process. She said they will be interviewing more people the next day, then they will do call backs for 2nd interviews. I'm feeling a little discouraged because I didn't get a job offer on the spot and most if not all the interview reviews I've read on Glassdoor says they got hired on the spot if the received an offer. But I'm staying positive and praying for a call back!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled an interview for a week later. I arrived on time and was asked to wait in a room where another girl was completing a training program. My interviewer was very nice and it only took about 25 minutes. He only asked me a few questions then left the room for a minute and came back to tell me that there were no positions available at the time. He also told me I would most likely get an email as soon as something opened up, but I feel like he says that to everyone. Overall, it was an okay interview.