Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for macys?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Flushing, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy to someone else. I had no sales experience prior and it was my first interview so it didn't go as well. Since I was a college student he wasn't pleased with my availability once school would start. He wanted someone permanent who could work as many shifts I guess. They asked simple questions "what would you in this case" and "how would you take charge of a situation". There was one thing that bothered me. THE GUY FELL ASLEEP. I don't know if it was me since it was my first interview or if he was tired. But it just seemed very unprofessional. I think I talked too much about my work which had little to do with sales and didn't stand out. So I think experience in sales would be very helpful in getting this job. He told me my availability was sort of a problem and once I updated he would look at it and give me a call. I've heard Macy's hires right on the spot so I'm pretty sure I didn't get it. And if I did, the inflexibility would be a problem so I wouldn't take it anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Okemos, MI).

Interview

Interview process was slightly easy. At the time I applied employers were just starting to incorporate the behavior based interview question model. The process in it's entirety took about 2 weeks and I was hired shortly after. No drug test was administered.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in a difficult situation? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

First off, "option 5" or "flex team" means horrible hours l heard 3-8 hours a week (fyi)...... Just to start that off cause I had no idea till after I had an interview..

Had a nice young lady around my age. Started a little before my interview time and all of the interview questions I looked at/studying here on this site were hardly used. Around 2/10-15 questions were asked, so was taken by surprise. Also was my very first job interview ever. Macys has where if they are interested they email you to schedule an interview and by the end of my in person interview she told me if I received a call, it would mean I got the job. If I received an email, it meant I didn't get the job. I received an email, which was okay bc I didn't know what "flexible scheduling option or option 5" meant when I first applied then read somewhere how you'd only receive 3-8 hours a week + whatever shifts you picked up for others. Which is not what I was looking for. Lots of "tell me about a time when...." questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Manhasset, NY).

Interview

After you apply online, they will email you asking to schedule your interview date and time. Definitely dress to impress. I had to wait at the office for 15 minutes. Then interviewed with a manager about the position. Questions were straightforward and no trick questions. The manager will call or email you whether you got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Arcadia, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy, just basic interview questions. I didn't get the job because I wanted a summer job for that location. The questions are basically all on this website. If you prepare well, then you're set for the interview. It really depends on the availability and the person who interviews you. I got a cosmetic manager and she was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why Macys?
      Name a time you helped others.
      Are you good with tech?

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interviewer had some sheets of paper with padronized behavioral questions.
    I think the questions were not very much realistic because when I go to Macy's as a customer no one bothers me with anything, the sales person only asks "are you finding everything ok?", they never tried to force me to purchase anything.

Interview Questions

• "The customer is at the cashier to finalize her purchase. How would you cheer it?"
      "How would you offer the Macy's card to a customer?"
      "How would you motivate a purchase?"

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day got an email to schedule an interview. I picked the first available date for the interview (4 days after the email) and came in to speak with the manager. It was an easy enough interview, and by the way they responded so quickly to my application I figured they needed to hire someone asap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a long process. Asked a lot if questions heard they hired on the spot. Don't know how I did but hopefully u get a call back fingers crossed

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. The manager was very nice and funny. I felt very comfortable and confident. I didn't get an offer because the managers department was cosmetics and they were all full, but she said that they were to email me in a week to see if any other departments were open. Overall my experience was great . I really wish all interviews were like this one.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a co worker taking something from the store?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work in a team? What was your role? What was the outcome?   Answer Question