Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.3

169 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interviewing process wasn't really all that difficult. For the First interview it was just the basics : "Tell me about a time when..." and "How would you handle this situation". I got called back for a second interview, but they told me the position was filled and offered me another position instead which was great.

Interview Questions
  • How would you make a customer feel better if they're feeling guilty about leaving the store without buying anything?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I have applied only. The next day I have received an email to schedule an interview with one store manager. Went to the interview. There were some general questions regarding how to sale something, how to treat customers.

Interview Questions
    Received an offer on the place

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

By the Apply online, I was interview a week later In Macys Company.It was 20 minutes interview time.It was a basic question.After a week, contact of the results of the interview suit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Make a NEW account because I wasn't receiving any interview appointment. After a week i haven't finished the training.... takes long to get a PC at that Macys. It help a another woman was before me, she was wearing a very low rise white jeans and a small t-shirt. No very professional. I was wearing 3 pieces, all BLACK WITH a pink shirt. And boots.

Interview Questions
    • What should do when see someone doing something illegal or inappropriate?   Answer Question
    $8per hour on Draw vs com

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interview process seemed casual as like a conversation thanks to Glassdoor and preparations. I had to wait a few minutes but it wasn't that bad. I didn't get hired but I know now what Macy's expects for their future employees.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

The whole process took about a week. I applied online and received an email the following week that i was invited to an interview. While I was waiting everyone was very nice and helpful. The interview took about 15 minutes and was mostly scenario questions. Turns out while I was looking for a permanent part-time position they were only hiring seasonal at the time, which kind of made me feel like I had wasted my time, but the guy who interviewed me said that once they started hiring for permanent positions again i would be considered.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to help a friend with an unfamiliar problem. What was the result?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online, got an email about a week later to set up an interview. The interview was not very difficult, my interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable. Many of the interview questions were situational, such as, "How would you deal with a difficult customer?", and "How would you go about selling a Macy's card?". Overall, the interview was not very difficult. However I did not get the job because my availability did not work for them.

Interview Questions
    • After you have made a successful sale, how would you go about getting a customer to come back?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

It was very simple. I applied online and got an email within the next few days to schedule for an interview. I went in and they just asked me the basic interview question like "Why this store" and how you would try to up sell. The interviewer was very professional but made me feel comfortable. They offered a pay and it was exactly what I was looking for then I filled out a paper then scheduled for training.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplaying, the interviewer a customer and I a retail associate.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

The interview scheduling process was quite fast. I received an email a couple of days after submitting my resume online. The interview was on-time, and the interviewer was friendly. However, flexible working hours was a must which I could not commit. The interviewer was looking for a person to work late night hours and weekends which was not an option for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I completed the application form online. They sent me an email to schedule an interview next day. The HR and the manager were friendly. The interview was smooth and relaxed.

Here were my questions:
    -Why Macy’s?
    -Describe the time you helped your coworker.
    -Describe the time you worked with a team. What’s the outcome?
    -Tell me about a time you had to offer a customer a better alternative.
    -How do you sell a Macy’s credit card? What should you do if the customer say no.
    - What is your availability?
    -What was a time you had to approach a stranger to sell a product or idea?
    -How to upscale a sale to make it into a bigger sale?
    -How would you use technology?
    -If you work with a team, which part do you like the most, which part do you dislike the most?

Interview Questions
    • I reviewed the questions here before the interview, so no unexpected questions.   Answer Question