Macy's

Average Difficulty
149 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Temecula, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online. The next day I got an email asking me to pick an interview date. There were three dates to choose from, and I picked the soonest one, which was for two days later. When I showed up, I was asked very simple questions. Nothing was difficult, and the whole interview lasted ab out 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to help someone with an unexpected problem and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an interview the next day. Simple and behavioral questions. Why Macy's. What will you do if you saw someone did wrong or theft. Give me a time when you gave a best customer service. The interview just took 15-20mins. I applied as support associate but was offered a job at sales.

Interview Question – nothing. all were easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – firm rate

Retail Sales Associate

I interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed by the manager of the Men's Shoe Department. Asked about different scenarios dealing with technology, handling situations in adversity and communication with Macys guests. Interview lasted for at least 20 minutes, but he was really nice and made the process enjoyable.

Was offered two positions on the spot.

Interview Question – Provide a time where you were unfamiliar with a situation. Tell me how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. Position pay satisfied my wants and had a little bonus!

Retail Sales Associate

I interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview Details – apply on line ,after one day ,i received a mail for schedule ,then i went MACYS for an interview,my interview took 15 minutes,then she told me call me ,but i never receive any call.

Interview Question – what s your weakness ?   Answer Question

Niles, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – . i had the interview on 23rd of july 2014. the interview was really easy and on the spot they hired me .Also told me to attend the training on 25th and 26th of july ,2014 and the next day onwards i started my job. there was prior experience on this position for me as my subject was different.

Negotiation Details – be calm and tell whatever you like.

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

Interview Details – Most interviews take less then 30 min. and they do almost all communication by email so don't call the store because they will direct you to check your email this should include your spam because sometimes it goes there. Unless they want you to interview with a manager from another department or your interviewing for a beauty consultant it is a one interview process. Most offers are made at the end of that first interview unless they need to second and you should get an email with in a week of the interview letting you know the hiring managers decision.

Interview Question – They often ask you to sell them a product by role playing and this can happen in he office or out on the sales floor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A lot of selling positions start at min. wage. If you have a couple years or you want them to match what your current employer is paying you then you must ask t the time they make an offer. Raises are on performance based yearly and not that big if you don't move up.

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on Sunday evening, got an email on Monday to set up an interview, interviewed on Wednesday and was offered a job two hours after the interview. The whole process was very fast, which was nice for me having just left my other job.

Everyone was friendly. I showed up ten minutes early, and started my interview on schedule. The interviewer was very nice and I felt no pressure. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was told I would receive an email letting me know if they could find a match for me.

Two hours later, I got a phone call from one of the managers offering me a position!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to help someone with a complicated problem and it turned out well.   View Answer
  • Explain a time when you could not convince someone of something (they just said, "No. No. No." to everything you offered), and how it turned out.   View Answer
  • Other questions were generic: "Why Macy's?" "Explain a time you worked on a project with multiple people and how it went." Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation.

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, answered a questionnaire on behavioral/situational things. Emailed a few weeks later and asked to pick an interview time. I arrived 15 mins early and used the specified phone to let them know of my arrival and they said they would be with me shortly. My interview was at 11 am, I was not called in until 11:55. The interviewer looked bored and stared around the room as I spoke. In the end, it was all just a waste of time; she said they wanted to hire me but there aren't any jobs available. I was pretty mad at how unprofessional the company and the employees were. If you don't want to hire someone be forward with them.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?
How would sell a pair jeans?
Name a time when you had work with a coworker to solve a problem?
  Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online around the Holidays. The application was pretty standard. Was called for an interview a couple of days later and met with a manager. After a brief interview that was basically what department do you want to work in, I was offered a position. It was pretty easy, but they were hiring for the holidays so that was probably why. Mostly they want to know that you will push their credit card and try to reach your sales goal.

Interview Question – Asked what my sales background was   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – The interview process was very organized and detailed. There was a lot of communication throughout the process which helped and made things easy. The employees were very helpful also.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!