Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (College Station, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Well, it started out with me having to wait a couple of minutes past my appointment time but I can forgive them for that since I heard them talking and it seems that they had someone run out of the store just a few minutes prior with an armful of goodies without paying.

The woman took me to a tiny interview room and talked me through the interview questions. At first I was pretty nervous but she helped to make me feel relaxed. We went through basic questions to review my application and she asked some questions about my life and goals. We went through my availability. Then she asked scenario questions which were a little nerve-wracking for me, mostly because I don't have much retail experience. She was very understanding though and let me collect my thoughts. After she asked me questions to get a feel for the type of work that I enjoy such as whether I am more detail-oriented or enjoy bigger picture stuff. She asked how I felt about working in Fine Jewelry and gave me a very straight forward, no-nonsense rundown of the department and what my duties would be. She then left for a couple of minutes (probably to speak to a higher-up) and returned to offer me the job of working at the Fine Jewelry counter. I accepted and we went to get my background check going (it is required for working in Fine Jewelry but I believe other departments aren't as worried about it). They had me fill out basic info like my phone number, address, etc.. The other man who works in HR spoke to me about the sales incentives and prizes for having the best sales. He was very pleased that they had found someone to fill the Fine Jewelry position and they sent me on my way with a smile!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when a coworker, friend, student, etc., that you knew was dishonest. What did you do to address it?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you came across a negative situation that you have never before experienced at a previous job and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in April 2015.

Interview

It was an extremely low key interview. My interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. I first walked into the HR room and picked up the phone to notify them i was present. Then a worker came down and greeted me and guided me up to the HR offices. I then sat down in a private room and answered a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer set up the Macy's App   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied a week before the date of my interview. The process was pretty smooth. I sat in a room with an interviewer and he asked me a lot of questions. He wrote my answers down on a piece of paper as I answered them.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Saturday, interview picked online the next Monday (which was great). You went to the third floor and met with the person promptly. She asked me about 10-15 questions/scenarios. I said a lot of ums and uhh because I was so nervous and had to think of my past experience from my internship, college, and even high school. They were doing a hiring friendzy so she asked what I wanted and said she'll be back to see if anything is available. I applied for Sales Associate but received the Meal & Break position which worked better for me and her. Got the job Monday, training this same week.
    Super friendly atmosphere!

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a credit card used for their store?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever saw some stealing? What would you do or what have you done?   Answer Question
    • Why Macys?   Answer Question
    • Scenario about you and co-workers accomplishing the same goal, would did you do? What challenges did you face?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Novi, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online at macysjobs.com and received an email early next morning that I was invited to a interview and I could pick my own time & date that suited my schedule. Made my interview for the very next day at 6, got there at 5:55 where a manager was already there to greet me. Interview took about 30 minutes simple questions nothing major or scary so you shouldn't be nervous at all. Was told I was a top candidate because of my previous job history in sales & that they will call within the next few days to let me know if I reviev the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you saw or witnessed someone doing something wrong. How did you handle it and why did you handle it this way?   Answer Question
    • Name a way you would go out & beyond for your customer to make sure he/she comes back to our store frequently.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took two days before I received an email inviting me to an interview. The interviewer was very friendly and provided several standardized questions that Glassdoor helped me prepare for. The interview itself only took about 15-20 minutes. I ended up declining the position because none of their available positions were 40+ hours.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online for seasonal position. Had a phone interview with one of the managers. She asked few basic question and set the training day. Got all of my paperwork done the same day, and called for a shift three days after.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with a very negative attitude   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to vome in for an interview. I have no experience in retail and I am in high school so I'd only be able to work in the evenings on weekdays and I'm free all day on weekends. I was basically told I'm good for retail but my availability makes it difficult for me to work in retail. I was told that they attempt to place me in the "Support" department.

Interview Questions

• Many scenarios were being asked. "How would you meet your sales goal for that day", "what would you do if you saw an coworking doing something unethical", "how would you get someone to sell something they can afford" and "how would you ask someone to open a Macy's card."   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Palm Desert, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two days later got an email to schedule an interview. I scheduled for a week later. There, I had to wait maybe ten minutes before I was called in and asked a series of questions, some of which were already on my application, but a lot of situational questions too. She was very friendly and was told they would contact me in a few days. All contact was by email. I did not recieve a job offer, possibly because I have no retail experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with technology?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to sell a product and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • After helping a customer buy a pair of pants, how would you get her to return to shop at Macy's again?   Answer Question
    • How would you get someone to apply for a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question