Macy's

Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.3

192 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, received an email about a day later stating that I had been selected to schedule an in store interview. Interview took about 15 minutes asked basic questions, basic duties all the basic stuff. I was told I would be contacted within a week about the availability of the position and whether I was hired or not. It has been 2 and a half weeks since the interview and I have not heard from them yet.

Interview Questions
  • When was the last time you experienced failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview process was good. Didn't have to wait. One of the managers came in and interviews. Asked 3-5 questions, easy questions. Got the job. Nice managers, very helpful. HR was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do, if you saw one of your employee doing something illegal?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interviewing process wasn't really all that difficult. For the First interview it was just the basics : "Tell me about a time when..." and "How would you handle this situation". I got called back for a second interview, but they told me the position was filled and offered me another position instead which was great.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel better if they're feeling guilty about leaving the store without buying anything?   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and had an in-person interview. I did not end up getting the position because they were not hiring for the location at the time, but it was a good interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Macy's in January 2015.

I applied for the job position online. The following day I received an email alerting me to schedule a convenient day and time to interview. I scheduled my interview for a week later, and over the 7 day period I received 3 confirmation emails notifying me about my upcoming interview, including the day of. Upon showing up for my interview on time at the office I was directed to go to, I was told by a very nice lady that they were no longer hiring. She then told me I should come back in March to try again, and that she was sorry for the inconvenience. Then, 3 days after my scheduled interview I recieved an email from Macy's telling me that they were no longer hiring at the location I applied to. I could not believe how unprofessional Macy's was.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online for a seasonal position. I got an email to schedule an interview and went in a few days later. I spoke to a mangpager who read off questions from a sheet and wrote down my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time whrn you had to sell something to someone.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

It was a very easy interview process. You need to have fashion sense and knowledge but not much. Must be outgoing and easy to get along with during the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in December 2014.

The interview went really well. The person who interviewed me was very nice and energetic. She asked basic questions. Such as why Macy's? How are you with people etc. She also asked a lot of scenario questions. After the interview she left and then came back into the room within a matter of minutes and offered me an open position. Overall the experience was great.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you used teamwork to achieve a task?   Answer Question
    • If you just sold jeans to a customer how would get them to come back next time?   Answer Question
    Very fast. Minimum wage. Macy's discount. Must have open availability Saturday and Sunday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. Few weeks later received an email to schedule for an interview. Came to the interview 30 minutes early. Checked in. One-on-one interview. She was really nice. After that interview I was then interviewed ny another lady and im guessing that was a department manager that I was going to be with if i was hired. She was sweet to. It was nerve wrecking but got over it

Interview Questions
    • How would you up sale a customer if she was only buying jeans?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I applied online at macysjobs.com An hour after I submitted my application I got an email to schedule an interview. I scheduled for the next day, showed up on time, waited about 15 minutes before I got to speak to HR manager. She was very nice and this put me at ease. First thing she wanted to know is whether I was available to work on their high sale days. She gave me a list of dates that mostly included Black Friday and the day before and after big holidays and I said I was cool with that. Then she proceeded with the generic set of interview questions starting with Why Macy's and ending with scenario questions. Everything went smooth and at the end I was asked which department I would prefer to work at. I was very lucky because my request matched their need and I was offered the job exactly where I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you and a coworker had to work together for a common goal and what did you do to achieve it?   Answer Question
    • How would you encourage the client to work with you again?   Answer Question
    None