Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online for seasonal position. Had a phone interview with one of the managers. She asked few basic question and set the training day. Got all of my paperwork done the same day, and called for a shift three days after.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer with a very negative attitude   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

I applied online and was contacted to vome in for an interview. I have no experience in retail and I am in high school so I'd only be able to work in the evenings on weekdays and I'm free all day on weekends. I was basically told I'm good for retail but my availability makes it difficult for me to work in retail. I was told that they attempt to place me in the "Support" department.

Interview Questions
    • Many scenarios were being asked. "How would you meet your sales goal for that day", "what would you do if you saw an coworking doing something unethical", "how would you get someone to sell something they can afford" and "how would you ask someone to open a Macy's card."   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

I applied online and two days later got an email to schedule an interview. I scheduled for a week later. There, I had to wait maybe ten minutes before I was called in and asked a series of questions, some of which were already on my application, but a lot of situational questions too. She was very friendly and was told they would contact me in a few days. All contact was by email. I did not recieve a job offer, possibly because I have no retail experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with technology?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to sell a product and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • After helping a customer buy a pair of pants, how would you get her to return to shop at Macy's again?   Answer Question
    • How would you get someone to apply for a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

I applied a week before the date of my interview. The process was pretty smooth. I sat in a room with an interviewer and he asked me a lot of questions. He wrote my answers down on a piece of paper as I answered them.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Applied on a Saturday, interview picked online the next Monday (which was great). You went to the third floor and met with the person promptly. She asked me about 10-15 questions/scenarios. I said a lot of ums and uhh because I was so nervous and had to think of my past experience from my internship, college, and even high school. They were doing a hiring friendzy so she asked what I wanted and said she'll be back to see if anything is available. I applied for Sales Associate but received the Meal & Break position which worked better for me and her. Got the job Monday, training this same week.
    Super friendly atmosphere!

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a credit card used for their store?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever saw some stealing? What would you do or what have you done?   Answer Question
    • Why Macys?   Answer Question
    • Scenario about you and co-workers accomplishing the same goal, would did you do? What challenges did you face?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Applied online at macysjobs.com and received an email early next morning that I was invited to a interview and I could pick my own time & date that suited my schedule. Made my interview for the very next day at 6, got there at 5:55 where a manager was already there to greet me. Interview took about 30 minutes simple questions nothing major or scary so you shouldn't be nervous at all. Was told I was a top candidate because of my previous job history in sales & that they will call within the next few days to let me know if I reviev the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you saw or witnessed someone doing something wrong. How did you handle it and why did you handle it this way?   Answer Question
    • Name a way you would go out & beyond for your customer to make sure he/she comes back to our store frequently.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Easy. Applied Friday, interviewed Sat., rejected Monday. Perhaps when she asked what hours I would prefer, I made the mistake of saying although I am available flex, part or full time, I answered full time but I said it didn't matter to me because I am flexible and would love flex part time as well. So the email said I didn't get it because I was not available for the times they needed even though I had every time and day option checked in the application. Will never know. So if you go in emphasize that you are eager to work what they need to fill only.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

I applied online 2 days later I got an e-mail to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and the lady was very nice that interviewed me which was my department manager. The interview questions were easy only 7 questions. Original questions such as "Why do you want to work at Macy's?" I was hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you and your co-worker had to achieve the same goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

It was just the basic questions really that you would find an interview. However, I was told that I would get a call back and never one got. I was,also told that the hours can be flexible. You would find your schedule online and you can pick up hours that way