Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

151 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and received an email back to schedule an appointment for an interview. Got there ON TIME and was told that the woman that was supposed to interview me was on lunch. had to wait 20 minutes before the lady came back. I was led into a room where the interview was actually conducted.

Interview Questions
  • Wasn't a difficult question but the biggest question was describe an experience in which you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question
I wasn't able to negotiate, but I received more than my last job so I was okay with the salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's.

HR contacted me to set up an interview about a week after applying online. The interview was pretty straightforward. The interviewer asked questions off a list. So the questions were pretty standard stuff that you would here anywhere else. ex. Why work at macys? Strengths and weaknesses?, Describe a time where you had to use teamwork to solve a problem? ....

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but quite a few situational questions, so be prepared with your examples that show your teamwork, leadership, problem-solving skills, etc...   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

I filled out the application online. The next day I got an email asking me to pick an interview date. There were three dates to choose from, and I picked the soonest one, which was for two days later. When I showed up, I was asked very simple questions. Nothing was difficult, and the whole interview lasted ab out 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you had to help someone with an unexpected problem and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Applied online, got an interview the next day. Simple and behavioral questions. Why Macy's. What will you do if you saw someone did wrong or theft. Give me a time when you gave a best customer service. The interview just took 15-20mins. I applied as support associate but was offered a job at sales.

firm rate

Retail Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interviewed by the manager of the Men's Shoe Department. Asked about different scenarios dealing with technology, handling situations in adversity and communication with Macys guests. Interview lasted for at least 20 minutes, but he was really nice and made the process enjoyable.

Was offered two positions on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a time where you were unfamiliar with a situation. Tell me how you handled it.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Position pay satisfied my wants and had a little bonus!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

apply on line ,after one day ,i received a mail for schedule ,then i went MACYS for an interview,my interview took 15 minutes,then she told me call me ,but i never receive any call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Niles, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

. i had the interview on 23rd of july 2014. the interview was really easy and on the spot they hired me .Also told me to attend the training on 25th and 26th of july ,2014 and the next day onwards i started my job. there was prior experience on this position for me as my subject was different.

be calm and tell whatever you like.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

Most interviews take less then 30 min. and they do almost all communication by email so don't call the store because they will direct you to check your email this should include your spam because sometimes it goes there. Unless they want you to interview with a manager from another department or your interviewing for a beauty consultant it is a one interview process. Most offers are made at the end of that first interview unless they need to second and you should get an email with in a week of the interview letting you know the hiring managers decision.

Interview Questions
    • They often ask you to sell them a product by role playing and this can happen in he office or out on the sales floor.   View Answer
    A lot of selling positions start at min. wage. If you have a couple years or you want them to match what your current employer is paying you then you must ask t the time they make an offer. Raises are on performance based yearly and not that big if you don't move up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

I applied online on Sunday evening, got an email on Monday to set up an interview, interviewed on Wednesday and was offered a job two hours after the interview. The whole process was very fast, which was nice for me having just left my other job.

Everyone was friendly. I showed up ten minutes early, and started my interview on schedule. The interviewer was very nice and I felt no pressure. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was told I would receive an email letting me know if they could find a match for me.

Two hours later, I got a phone call from one of the managers offering me a position!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to help someone with a complicated problem and it turned out well.   View Answer
    • Explain a time when you could not convince someone of something (they just said, "No. No. No." to everything you offered), and how it turned out.   View Answer
    • Other questions were generic: "Why Macy's?" "Explain a time you worked on a project with multiple people and how it went." Etc.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Applied online, answered a questionnaire on behavioral/situational things. Emailed a few weeks later and asked to pick an interview time. I arrived 15 mins early and used the specified phone to let them know of my arrival and they said they would be with me shortly. My interview was at 11 am, I was not called in until 11:55. The interviewer looked bored and stared around the room as I spoke. In the end, it was all just a waste of time; she said they wanted to hire me but there aren't any jobs available. I was pretty mad at how unprofessional the company and the employees were. If you don't want to hire someone be forward with them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      How would sell a pair jeans?
      Name a time when you had work with a coworker to solve a problem?
        Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!