Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.3

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

Completed form online. Received an email a few days later about an invitation for an interview. At the interview they ask you questions mostly about your work ethic.

After the interview, the manager told me that they did not have a position available. It was really strange if you think about it. Why would you interview people if there aren't any spots available?

Interview Questions
  • Give a situation that required you to help out a customer with a very difficult problem. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

Applied online after a job fair in Las Vegas for the new Macy's store opening in Summerlin. Interview was relaxed and typical like any other. Interviewer wasn't professionally dressed. The draw back was the offer! They can't be serious offering a 3 hours per week job!!!

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a coworker who you witnessed doing something wrong and against company policy?   View Answer

$8.25/hr and only 3 hours a week.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

HR contacted me to set up an interview about a week after applying online. The interview was pretty straightforward. The interviewer asked questions off a list. So the questions were pretty standard stuff that you would here anywhere else. ex. Why work at macys? Strengths and weaknesses?, Describe a time where you had to use teamwork to solve a problem? ....

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but quite a few situational questions, so be prepared with your examples that show your teamwork, leadership, problem-solving skills, etc...   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview within 24 hours. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a series of questions about how I would react to certain situations. Some of the questions were even posted on this website! The hiring manager was down to earth. I was offered the position right on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get customers to apply for our credit card?   View Answer
    There wasn't much room for negotiation, I was offered 9.00/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

The interviewing process was as expected. It was fairy smooth in setting and comfortable. I was able to answer each and every question without hesitation, My interviewer was very professional and prepared.

Interview Questions
    • There were no specific questions that were on a difficult level, all questions were typically expected.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the initial position I would be in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and received an email back to schedule an appointment for an interview. Got there ON TIME and was told that the woman that was supposed to interview me was on lunch. had to wait 20 minutes before the lady came back. I was led into a room where the interview was actually conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't a difficult question but the biggest question was describe an experience in which you provided excellent customer service?   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate, but I received more than my last job so I was okay with the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

I filled out the application online. The next day I got an email asking me to pick an interview date. There were three dates to choose from, and I picked the soonest one, which was for two days later. When I showed up, I was asked very simple questions. Nothing was difficult, and the whole interview lasted ab out 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you had to help someone with an unexpected problem and how you handled it.   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Applied online, got an interview the next day. Simple and behavioral questions. Why Macy's. What will you do if you saw someone did wrong or theft. Give me a time when you gave a best customer service. The interview just took 15-20mins. I applied as support associate but was offered a job at sales.

firm rate

Retail Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interviewed by the manager of the Men's Shoe Department. Asked about different scenarios dealing with technology, handling situations in adversity and communication with Macys guests. Interview lasted for at least 20 minutes, but he was really nice and made the process enjoyable.

Was offered two positions on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a time where you were unfamiliar with a situation. Tell me how you handled it.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. Position pay satisfied my wants and had a little bonus!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

apply on line ,after one day ,i received a mail for schedule ,then i went MACYS for an interview,my interview took 15 minutes,then she told me call me ,but i never receive any call.

Interview Questions

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!