Macy's

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Easy. Applied Friday, interviewed Sat., rejected Monday. Perhaps when she asked what hours I would prefer, I made the mistake of saying although I am available flex, part or full time, I answered full time but I said it didn't matter to me because I am flexible and would love flex part time as well. So the email said I didn't get it because I was not available for the times they needed even though I had every time and day option checked in the application. Will never know. So if you go in emphasize that you are eager to work what they need to fill only.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

It was just the basic questions really that you would find an interview. However, I was told that I would get a call back and never one got. I was,also told that the hours can be flexible. You would find your schedule online and you can pick up hours that way

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

The online application took about 30 minutes, if even, to complete. I got contacted the next day to schedule an interview. I really liked the idea of scheduling the interview. I scheduled for 5 days after I got the email. The woman who interviewed me at my particular location was awful. I showed up about 10 minutes early, and she came in about 5-7 minutes after my 4pm appointment. I dressed the part in a black and white polka dot pencil skirt, a nice white shell, and a black casual blazer. I shook her hand and introduced myself and felt an icy blast automatically. She would not unfold her hand for the handshake. Very odd. We went back into a little room and we discussed the basic questions. However, she would often question me on my answers.

Interview Questions
    • -Why do you want to work here?
      -When were you in a team environment?
      -Have you ever had any conflict with coworkers?
      -Have you ever felt as if your confidence has been threatened? (very weird question to answer).

I felt as if I was being interrogated for a murder! I am 18 years old, an AP/honors student in high school with plans to attend a vigorous 4 year university this coming fall. She asked A LOT about my availability. I answered with how my studies are a priority at this point in my life, and she asked WHY? I was disgusted. I was more than willing to work weekends and selective evenings during the school week. She then asked how long I was planning to work with them, and I said that since I will only be at school 20 minutes away, I could come home on weekends and work. Get ready for this statement, and I quote:

"All you college-bound kids say you'll come work weekends and you never really do, so I don't know about that answer."

You're interviewing ME, not "other college-bound kids". That comment really infuriated me. Then, her cell phone rings, someone asked to meet her for food. She answered and said "oh yes, I'm almost done with this thing." Thing?! It's a job interview. Be professional. It pretty much ended a few minutes about that. She said "Well I don't think I'll be making a decision today, but you seem nice so you may be in the running after I see how the other interviews go." I said thank you and to give me a call, but now that I've had some time to think about it, I don't think I'll answer.

Macy's is not a bad place to work, I'm sure of it. It just wasn't the best place for someone with my availability at this time, or the fact I'm just a "college-bound kid."

View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

I applied online 2 days later I got an e-mail to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and the lady was very nice that interviewed me which was my department manager. The interview questions were easy only 7 questions. Original questions such as "Why do you want to work at Macy's?" I was hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you and your co-worker had to achieve the same goal.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, received an email about a day later stating that I had been selected to schedule an in store interview. Interview took about 15 minutes asked basic questions, basic duties all the basic stuff. I was told I would be contacted within a week about the availability of the position and whether I was hired or not. It has been 2 and a half weeks since the interview and I have not heard from them yet.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you experienced failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview process was good. Didn't have to wait. One of the managers came in and interviews. Asked 3-5 questions, easy questions. Got the job. Nice managers, very helpful. HR was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do, if you saw one of your employee doing something illegal?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and had an in-person interview. I did not end up getting the position because they were not hiring for the location at the time, but it was a good interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

interviewed at Macy's in January 2015.

I applied for the job position online. The following day I received an email alerting me to schedule a convenient day and time to interview. I scheduled my interview for a week later, and over the 7 day period I received 3 confirmation emails notifying me about my upcoming interview, including the day of. Upon showing up for my interview on time at the office I was directed to go to, I was told by a very nice lady that they were no longer hiring. She then told me I should come back in March to try again, and that she was sorry for the inconvenience. Then, 3 days after my scheduled interview I recieved an email from Macy's telling me that they were no longer hiring at the location I applied to. I could not believe how unprofessional Macy's was.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interviewing process wasn't really all that difficult. For the First interview it was just the basics : "Tell me about a time when..." and "How would you handle this situation". I got called back for a second interview, but they told me the position was filled and offered me another position instead which was great.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel better if they're feeling guilty about leaving the store without buying anything?   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online for a seasonal position. I got an email to schedule an interview and went in a few days later. I spoke to a mangpager who read off questions from a sheet and wrote down my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time whrn you had to sell something to someone.   Answer Question