Macy's

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.3

182 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interviewing process wasn't really all that difficult. For the First interview it was just the basics : "Tell me about a time when..." and "How would you handle this situation". I got called back for a second interview, but they told me the position was filled and offered me another position instead which was great.

Interview Questions
  • How would you make a customer feel better if they're feeling guilty about leaving the store without buying anything?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in December 2014.

The interview went really well. The person who interviewed me was very nice and energetic. She asked basic questions. Such as why Macy's? How are you with people etc. She also asked a lot of scenario questions. After the interview she left and then came back into the room within a matter of minutes and offered me an open position. Overall the experience was great.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you used teamwork to achieve a task?   Answer Question
    • If you just sold jeans to a customer how would get them to come back next time?   Answer Question
    Very fast. Minimum wage. Macy's discount. Must have open availability Saturday and Sunday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. Few weeks later received an email to schedule for an interview. Came to the interview 30 minutes early. Checked in. One-on-one interview. She was really nice. After that interview I was then interviewed ny another lady and im guessing that was a department manager that I was going to be with if i was hired. She was sweet to. It was nerve wrecking but got over it

Interview Questions
    • How would you up sale a customer if she was only buying jeans?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I applied online at macysjobs.com An hour after I submitted my application I got an email to schedule an interview. I scheduled for the next day, showed up on time, waited about 15 minutes before I got to speak to HR manager. She was very nice and this put me at ease. First thing she wanted to know is whether I was available to work on their high sale days. She gave me a list of dates that mostly included Black Friday and the day before and after big holidays and I said I was cool with that. Then she proceeded with the generic set of interview questions starting with Why Macy's and ending with scenario questions. Everything went smooth and at the end I was asked which department I would prefer to work at. I was very lucky because my request matched their need and I was offered the job exactly where I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you and a coworker had to work together for a common goal and what did you do to achieve it?   Answer Question
    • How would you encourage the client to work with you again?   Answer Question
    None

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

It was a quick one on one interview in one of the managers tiny office, because there were a lot of interviews so they allocated 15 minutes for us all. i was a bit disappointed that they said they weren't even hiring b/c all of their positions were full. i shouldve expected it b/c i only applied in the middle of november and the lady interviewing me said i shouldve applied earliest as september

i had no work experience before, but all of her questions were some that i found on this website like 'how comfortable are you with using technology, describe a time when you had offered someone advice on a variety of choices, describe a time when you had to sell someone something, descrive a time when a coworker did something unethical/against company rules, use only three words to describe yourself

Interview Questions
    • something of the lines of - What do you do if a coworker doesn't complete a task by a deadline? (i had to think about this for a bit bc i dont have that much experience to use)   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Pretty standard. Got asked how would you up a sale, what if you saw a coworker stealing, why did you apply to macy's, how you sell a mace's credit card to someone, do you work well with others, name a time you had to come to a solution to fix a problem.

Interview Questions
    • For me there was no difficult or unexpected question when I went to interview. It was just simple questions that were not hard to answer at all. Just be yourself and outgoing and you'll land the job. It's not that to get the job.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

the process was intimidating the person whom i spoke to imply seems as if she wasn't into the rpcoess. the whole procedure was out of order and the whispering and giggles was not helpful either.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I have applied only. The next day I have received an email to schedule an interview with one store manager. Went to the interview. There were some general questions regarding how to sale something, how to treat customers.

Interview Questions
    Received an offer on the place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

It was very simple. I applied online and got an email within the next few days to schedule for an interview. I went in and they just asked me the basic interview question like "Why this store" and how you would try to up sell. The interviewer was very professional but made me feel comfortable. They offered a pay and it was exactly what I was looking for then I filled out a paper then scheduled for training.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplaying, the interviewer a customer and I a retail associate.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

By the Apply online, I was interview a week later In Macys Company.It was 20 minutes interview time.It was a basic question.After a week, contact of the results of the interview suit.