Macy's Retail Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014

1.8

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

waited a awhile at HR before being called to a small room where a few interviews went on at once. very easy questions and scenario questions. I was a little nervous but did pretty well. the room was packed with people waiting to be interviewed. dress proper, discussed availability as well

Interview Questions
i was given a good offer based on interview

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Support Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online. I got an email about a week later to scheduled an interview for the next day. Basic interview questions about me, my work experience and what would you do if kinda questions. There wasn't any difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had a conflict with a customer?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. I had no retail experience.

Retail Support Associate Interview

Came in for a 11:00 interview, wasn't interviewed until 11:45. Another manager from a different store gave me an interview. Questions were pretty straight forward. I got hired on the spot and i accepted. I start training in the next couple of days. The best part is i'm getting started with 9.50 an hour.

Didn't have to negotiate, everything was pretty much acceptable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and interviewed in the store. HR was "impressed" that I showed up early for my appointment. I interviewed with the manager of the support department. Basic, simple questions with no surprises. The only surprise was that the manager lowballed the wage offer from 9.50/hr as I was lead to believe down to 8-8.50/hr. About three hours after the interview HR called me to offer the job, but lowballed me again with an offer of 7.50/hr and I contested that I was lead to believe it would be higher. HR then offered about 8.15/hr and said she would speak with the manager and he would call me back. He never called me back for a whole week, so I called HR. HR said "Oh that's strange, I'll have him call you first thing on Monday when he's back." Monday...Tuesday...Wednesday...no call back.
    I guess the moral of the story is don't try to negotiate with them or you won't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • The only trick here is not to negotiate your starting wage. Apparently they have plenty of college students/retirees willing to work for pennies on your dollar.   Answer Question

They lowballed me with the starting wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied online, received the email to schedule my interview the next day. I didn't schedule my interview until a week or two after I received the email. I went in 20 minutes early dressed very professional. I heard multiple interviews going on at the time I got there. One manager came out to get me. The interview was relatively short and I was hired on the spot! I was surprised by how fast and easy it was.

Interview Questions
    • This interview was the easiest I have ever had. There was nothing that I did not expect. It was very easy.   Answer Question

I declined because I am a college student. As a support retail associate, I would need to go in very early and that will not work out for me since I would need to go to school right after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. Process took a week to get the actual interview, then waited another week for training. Once you are in the system youll be guided through the rest. The people are very nice so you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. But If I had to choose I would say it was when they gave me a scenario of what to do if im working and customers are around. Basically they are looking to see if you are aware that customers are ALWAYS PRIORITY. You keep that in mind.   View Answer
    close to minimum wage..I Took it to help build my experience.

Retail Support Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online, and received an automated e-mail with setting up an interview date and time. There was not a long time to wait, and I was interviewed along with someone else for the same position. Unfortunately the other person was offered something based on the times they had available.

Interview Questions
    • I was given sort of a scenario, where I was to tell about a time when I had to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

Applied online and received and email in about a week to schedule an interview in the store. When I arrived at the executive offices they were very friendly. During the interview I was asked about my past work experience and my availability. I was asked basic workplace scenario questions like, "what would you do if you saw a coworker stealing?" and "name a time when you overcame a difficult situation and how did you handle it?" I was offered the position on the spot and was told I would be called back for training once my background check was processed. It took about 2 weeks for the background check to come back and I was scheduled for training, which was hours of computer based modules.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

I applied online for a job being a retail support associate. They sent me an email that they would call me soon. I never received a phone call after a week so I contacted them to call me for an interview. They finally called me a week after that but they never called me again to let me know if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your coworker wasn't doing their share of the work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Process took about 2 weeks. Interview went very well. Questions were very detailed about how my past jobs helped me show my leadership abilities. The lady who interviewed me was very nice. Offered me a job right on the spot.