Macy's

Average Difficulty
805 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online then 2 weeks later got an interview. The interview was great nice average questions.I was hired on the stop and asked what department I wanted to work in. Then, the interview ended and they never contacted me again until I showed up and asked what was going on. The Department manager that hired forgot that she had hired me. So, I had to interview again and got hired again.

Interview Question – What would you do if you knew a coworker was stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the start wage which was 8.00

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Very simple and easy process when applying. Easy and simple questions if you have some semblance of common sense and retail experience. Hiring occurs everyday of every week so its easy to get in if you qualify. Dress for the position and wear the uniform. Very intelligent and honest human resourcesm representatives.

Interview Question – Everything was easy and simple.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online I don't know when. Received an email to schedule interview online. Scheduled it for Saturday at 11AM. Arrived 30 minutes early. Waited an hour to be interviewed. They had specific interviewers assigned to specific people. My interviewer was late. 1 on 1 interview with a supervisor then another interview with a manager. Hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to help someone personally.

All other questions were pretty simple and based on selling, teamwork, customer interaction (most important).
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $8.25 starting pay

Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview Details – The people at the front desk were very cold and ignored me so I had to be pushy to let them know I was here and ask what they wanted me to do. Then after a long time of waiting and other people interviewing I was pulled to the back and asked about my availability and what it meant to work for them. I was asked what customer service means to me. I was asked if I had ready transportation every day and how I'd engage a customer.

Interview Question – Explain what customer service is to you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate it was my first job

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and received an email a few days later asking to set up an interview. It took a while for an appt time to be posted, which was about a week later. The interview was straight forward. They asked questions about my previous experience in retail. I got the job on the spot.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions was "How did I respond to seeing some stealing?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email the next day telling me to schedule an interview. It took a few days for any interview appointments to become available but finally one opened up. The interview was very quick and easy. The interviewer was friendly which put me at ease. He asked me a total of 5 questions with some chit chat in between. After "seeing what openings they had", I was offered a position.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was told I would be making $9.20/hour.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online. It took a few weeks for them to call after applying. I did two interviews before being told I was getting the job. Unfortunately I didn't get added to the schedule until a month later.

Interview Question – It was a while ago i interviewed. I dont remember the specific questions. I would say average interview questions. Also, the interviewer read small paragraph scenarios and asked how I would go about handling those situations.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for a holiday seasonal position. Got an interview a week later. Introduced each other and she asked where I would like to work. Signed some papers watched a video and started training the next day.
I was hired on with probably close to a hundred or more other seasonal associates and by the end of December most are let go. I was temporarily put as an "On Call" associate and would get maybe a few shifts a month and eventually switched to part time.

Interview Question – What do you like most about helping people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You get what they offer you.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online, 2 days later got an email to set up interview. Lady liked me and I talked with a sales manager. 2 days later got an email stating that they liked me but had to space for me at this time.

Interview Question – nothing very difficult   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Interview Details – applied , got an email for an interview a few days later. My interviewer was extremely nice and jittery . got an offer the same day and started training the next week I think

Interview Question – no difficult questions , you can make up as you go   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing to really negotiate , its retail

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!