Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

822 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I waited about 30 min for the hiring manager to collect me from the waiting room, then we went to an office and the first thing she asked was about my availability. I told her only evenings on weeknights and anytime weekends, and she proceeded to tell me that their busy hours are from noon-3 and my availability would not work for that, so the interview was over and I left. I'm not sure why they didn't check what I put on my application before offering me an interview, but it was just a waste of time!

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethel Park, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel Park, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied on-line. They contacted me on-line and I chose an interview day/time using their on-line system. It was rather cool. I arrived at my scheduled time and spent 30 minutes chatting with the shoe department manager. She didn't ask too difficult questions, and it was more of a conversation than anything, but effective. She offered me a job in womens' wear on the spot. I accepted. We were going to do my I-9 form right then but I didn't have the 2 forms of photo ID with me. She said someone would call me that week. No one called.

Interview Questions
    They never called me. I called them after 3 weeks and left a message. They never returned my call.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

Online apps only, a phone interview,then a F2F interview. If you are accepted, they will then perform a background check. Training is 2 days for seasonal employees and 2 weeks for Full/Part Time. Full/Part Time employees received department training as seasonal do not. Welcome to Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Nothing difficult. The interview process is very basic and not very long. They just want to know that you at least has some personality and aren't a total lunatic. I would simply suggest that you relax and be yourself without trying too hard to impress

Interview Questions
    Be honest and upfront about what you want

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online via their job portal. Within a few days i received an email telling me to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the interview a few days later. I met with one of the store managers and she asked me a series of questions, mainly about my experience in different situations. She was impressed that i knew all about their Macy's credit card which she will ask about. The questions were rather unexpected so i would study up and make sure you know which situations you want to reflect on during the interview. She was ready to offer me a job but the availability wasn't available due to the holiday. Two days later i got an email telling me i wasn't selected due to my availability because i'm in school.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were on a team and explain your role as well as its outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

It was one-on-one and she started off by telling me about herself, and after that we proceeded to the actual interview. She was reading a document that had all the questions she was going to ask me and she took note oft answers and my behavior. One of the questions that they really pay attention to was your answer to "How would you sell a Macy's credit card?". To admit it was really nerve wreaking because just the thought of having an interview for a really big company was making me nervous and I tried really hard to not let it show. So as the interview happened I slowly started to relax and gain confidence. She loved my bubbly personality although she didn't have a spot for me at her department so she introduced me to the merchandising manager. The merch. Manager asked me questions like how would i feel on working early mornings and my availability. I was hired right on the spot

There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Did the application online and got an email the next day to set up an interview. All communication is done through email. You select your interview online through a site they send you. My interview was about five days away from when I got the email. I got to the interview early and started early. I was asked general questions about a time I had to report a problem with someone stealing, how I would sell a pair of jeans to someone, how I would get someone to apply for the Macy's card, just general sales questions.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

I had one interview, I got to chose the date and the time. I chose 9 o'clock in the morning. The questions were pretty basic: How would you sell the Macy's Credit Card? How do you handle bad customers? Real basic and easy, nothing hard hitting. I got hired that same day.

Interview Questions
    • There were no curve balls; they were all very easy questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation, you get paid 7.25 during training and 8.15 when you hit the floor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied for a part time position on the macy'sjobs website. I received a response to schedule an interview two days later. I scheduled the interview for two days later. I went on time and there was no else there at HR except the administrative assistant. I let her know I was there for my interview and she paged one of the managers to let them know I was there. I didn't have to wait long. The manager came and introduced herself and then took me to a room to interview me. I just wanted to get the interview done with. I knew what questions would be asked because I looked it up before my interview and was prepared. The interview went by fast. She offered me 2 part time positions to choose from. I picked one. It was all in one department. Then the administrative assistant gave me a new hire paper to fill out with my info like social and phone number & address. She said she would call to schedule me for orientation and training within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Only because you never know what to say to that question. Everything else is standard and simple. Like why Macy's, how would you celebrate a purchase, different scenarios with customers, what would you do if you saw an employee doing something unethical etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Start at $8/hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newington, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newington, NH

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in November 2012.

I saw a job fair in the mall and applied and was scheduled for an interview with the manager of the department I was inquiring to work in for the holiday season.

Interview Questions

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!