Macy's

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

If they call you in for an interview, it is more than likely that you've already gotten the job. They ask pretty basic questions, nothing that wasn't far from the normal interview questions. i.e "Why do you want to work for our company? , What do you consider to be some of your strengths, etc. " It is a great job for beginners to gain experience in the customer service field.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I arrived at the agreed time of the interview. I ended up talking to the manager of the store. Basically they asked me questions about myself and my ability to read people.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

It was easy, I was invited to interview via email, got interviewed and was asked about upselling and what department I wanted to work in. The interviewer was nice and we really connected. She asked typical questions, "tell me about yourself" "why do you want to work here?" I basically had the first and second interview the same day. After I told her what department I wanted to work in she had the department manager come in and talk to me for a little bit, I signed some paper work and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer is only buying pants and a shirt, what other things could you offer her to complete her outfit?   View Answer
    They matched my pay with my other job by 5 cents extra so I started (in 2013) with $8.85 an hour (85 cents above minimum wage)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

I came in met with the hiring manager talked for about 20 minutes and that was it. Didn't get the job because i didn't have enough sales experience. Hiring manager was nice but didnt really give a chance for you to really answer the questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was a packet full of questions that each macy's ask you and the hiring manager fills it out.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Macy's.

Asked me a few simple questions. Very personable. I dressed well, they treated me with respect... It was very informal. Took about 15-20 minutes. I honestly felt smarter than the manager who was interviewing me. They hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

I applied online and received an email the next day, inviting me to come interview. I could choose the time. One-on-one interview in private office. Interviewer wrote down all my answers. Standard interview questions. With a bit of common sense, it is fairly easy. There was time afterwards for my questions, and I was offered my choice of 2 jobs on the spot. Low pay and no negotiation at all, but commissions should bump it up a bit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you saw someone doing something wrong, and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and received an appointment for an interview through the email. I went to the interview dressed as usual, but elegant compared with the women associates look as deaumbulants, horrible hairs, very unprofessional, looks dirty.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

Applied online, got an email to schedule an interview. Went to the interview less than a week later. Basic interview question from a sheet of paper. Was told I would get a call within 2 weeks. Still no call.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Super simple. Basically applied online, about a week later got a call for an interview. My interviewer was extremely cool and fun and made the process bearable. I got offered the position on the spot.

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

First is the long on-line application with the personality testing, then you are asked to come in. Interviews were fine, if they don't give you the whole story. Didn't give full process or explain training, when hours could be picked up. Sort of like they were telling half the story.

Interview Questions
    • How many credit cards did you open at your last job?   View Answer
    No negotiation.