Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.2

842 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Very short. Not much detail. Looking for those that are customer service focused and friendly with public. Makes sense since it's 100% public facing. Question we're not complicated. Overall easy interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Specific scenario with customers service scenario that you handled.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ

I filled a application out online . Received a email two days later to schedule my interview. I scheduled it for the following two days.

This was my first interview in about 4/5 years so I was a bit nervous and I'm sure it showed.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of questions where you have to describe scenarios   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I received an interview within a week of submitting my application. Questions were pretty typical interview questions. There were a lot of scenario based questions that started like "What would you do if..."

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you noticed a coworker or manager doing something illegal or against store policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online. It took about a week to receive a email to setup an interview. The interview process took about 15 mins and usually the question she ask we're about the same question on here.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell an item to a stranger?
      Tell me a time when you had try to sell an item that was out of stock ?
        View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I filled an application out online. I received an email a few days later in which a link was supplied to schedule an in person interview the following week. I arrived 15 minutes early and only waited about 5 minutes before I was called in. The interviewer was very friendly and the questions were pretty much expected.

Interview Questions
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to sell a product. How you went about it, how it was received, what the results were.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you saw a coworker doing something wrong or against policy. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Seasonal position, minimum wage was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I was a bit early, so they told me to take a seat outside the office. I was brought back to an office where the manager sat across from me. She introduced herself and asked me some basic questions. Mostly about honesty and how I would sell to clients. I was then asked which 3 departments I would like to work in and I said either juniors, young mens, or perfume. I was not honored the requests but was offered a job on the spot for $.25 more than minimum wage.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw an employee stealing from work what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Nothing difficult. The interview process is very basic and not very long. They just want to know that you at least has some personality and aren't a total lunatic. I would simply suggest that you relax and be yourself without trying too hard to impress

Interview Questions
    Be honest and upfront about what you want

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

The interview was very simple; questions like have you worked in a team before, explain how you would initiate a sale and how would you end the sale, as well as the usual why you're choosing Macy's. The interviewer was really nice and talked a lot, which made me more comfortable. Also, there is a lot of emphasis on selling credit, so be prepared for that!

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate, but I wasn't too too pleased with the starting offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Online apps only, a phone interview,then a F2F interview. If you are accepted, they will then perform a background check. Training is 2 days for seasonal employees and 2 weeks for Full/Part Time. Full/Part Time employees received department training as seasonal do not. Welcome to Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online was called to come in for an interview. At the interview I was asked basic questions they just went through my resume and asked about my past experience in retail. She wanted to know how I would handle certain situations. I was asked how I feel about talking to customers and what my availability looked like.