Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

1,067 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,067 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. I went to the interview three days later. The woman who conducted the interview was very nice. A lot of the questions were the same as the ones found here so that was very helpful. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The seasonal position I applied for was in Brooklyn, NY. I had the interview at Herald Square and was hired to work there only one week after I applied. The interview was easy and fast. It's a one on one interview. The manager that interviewed me was very professional. Dress professionally and be prepared to answer questions about customer service and shop lifters. Everyone gets hired for seasonal.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

One on one with a manager. After they ask you about yourself and why you want to work there you are asked which department you want. Whatever department they see you fit in working is what you receive.

Interview Questions

• What department do you want to work in?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Brief, interesting, and a learning process. The interviewer was a nice person but it was a bit monotonous. Also, the questions asked were a lot like the same other interviews.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Mentor, OH).

Interview

Applied online, contacted via email for an interview the next day, went to the interview and it went well. Was asked things like why do you want to work for macy's, what would you do if you saw a person stealing. Heard from them about 3 weeks later via email stating I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for macy's   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

One on One with my potential manager in the store. Asked me about previous work experience. Any work experience in retail and how long I planned to work at Macy's. Standard name a time you failed and name a time you succeeded. What hours would I be available to work.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email first to schedule an interview. When I went back to the career page there were no time slots only an invitation. So you have to wait for an automated phone call to schedule an interview. Overall, the applying experience was fairly simple. Then during the interview, I was greeted by, I am assuming the hr manager of the particular store or a manager in general, she was nice and read the questions from a binder, and jotted down my answers, as you will read throughout Glassdoor that everyone does that. There were no surprising questions, all of the questions were similar to what people on here have already posted. At the end of the interview she told me she is sorry that there are no position available. Apparently, that is there way of recruiting the best talent, I was kind of upset by that answer however it was a good experience to have just to get used to interviewing, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Macy's?   Answer Question
    • What was one problem you encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • How would you let a customer know they bought a good pair of jeans?   Answer Question
    • Are you more detailed oriented or a broad thinker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Waldorf, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email a week later to schedule an interview. Scheduled the interview for a week later. They then rescheduled the interview for two days after what i had scheduled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiea, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Aiea, HI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, within 3 days I received an email inviting me for an interview. The lady who interviewed me honestly seemed like she didn't care about the interview. Everything was straight forward and the interview lasted 10-15 min. At the end of the interview I was told that Ill be notified by email of any open positions. (Why interview me if there are no positions available?)

Interview Questions

• -What attracted you to Macys? - Do you think creativity is important at work? How can creativity be harmful? - Something about Macy's technology and app (forgot how the question was worded) - Name a time when you had to help someone by presenting different options and what was the outcome? - Team related questions - How would you cell a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and received email for interview. I was interviewed by a woman who did not seem interested. She seemed to be on drugs or hung over. She read off list of questions, did not take notes. Did not mention salary or benefits. She said I would get an email.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if customer found perfect item?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if line was very long?   1 Answer
    • Describe your experience working as a team.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw an employee stealing? What if it was your supervisor?   1 Answer