Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

1,023 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,023 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. I went to the interview three days later. The woman who conducted the interview was very nice. A lot of the questions were the same as the ones found here so that was very helpful. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email first to schedule an interview. When I went back to the career page there were no time slots only an invitation. So you have to wait for an automated phone call to schedule an interview. Overall, the applying experience was fairly simple. Then during the interview, I was greeted by, I am assuming the hr manager of the particular store or a manager in general, she was nice and read the questions from a binder, and jotted down my answers, as you will read throughout Glassdoor that everyone does that. There were no surprising questions, all of the questions were similar to what people on here have already posted. At the end of the interview she told me she is sorry that there are no position available. Apparently, that is there way of recruiting the best talent, I was kind of upset by that answer however it was a good experience to have just to get used to interviewing, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Macy's?   Answer Question
    • What was one problem you encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • How would you let a customer know they bought a good pair of jeans?   Answer Question
    • Are you more detailed oriented or a broad thinker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Toledo, OH).

Interview

It was fine, typical retail. I did a phone interview with human resources and then interviewed with the department head. It was relaxed and nothing unexpected. Many questions/discussions on customer service.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The seasonal position I applied for was in Brooklyn, NY. I had the interview at Herald Square and was hired to work there only one week after I applied. The interview was easy and fast. It's a one on one interview. The manager that interviewed me was very professional. Dress professionally and be prepared to answer questions about customer service and shop lifters. Everyone gets hired for seasonal.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

You have to go on macysjobs.com and fill out a long 50 questionnaire. And its usually in a week when you'll get a notification in your email from them. I had to apply through Macy's twice because during first time, when I went for the interview and passed they did not have any opened positions available. However for the second time I got lucky. And about the interview questions some of them were straightforward and some unnecessarily wordy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Asked typical questions... why macy's? Asked scenario questions. Essentially common sense questions. The person I interviewed with also coached some answers out of me if it wasn't answered as fully as it should be. Be aware of what you're applying for, they don't tell you in the interview. I was hired "option 5" which meant I was going to be assigned 5-8 hours a week the rest I had to find.. Getting the job is easy keeping it is harder

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

It was short and simple with common retail questions. Like how would you deal with an irate customer? What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing? Name a time when you were faced with a challenge. What was the challenge and how did you get through it? What were the steps you took to overcome the challenge.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Portland, OR).

Interview

it was a very easy and fun interview process, nothing to hard. I submitted my application then I got a email to set up a interview date 2days later. The interview itself was straight forward about retail experience and what plans I have and how would I sell a macys card to a an costumer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle if a customer didn't find a shirt in hir size and it was the last one?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

They were 15 minutes late and the back room was a mess. The secretary who I spoke with was really rude and short with me. Once I got into the interview room the lady I interviewed with was very nice. They asked me about myself and why I wanted to work at Macys.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied in store. The process took me 15 minutes to complete. Got an email after 3 days for interviewing. I had to go through 2 interviews to get the job. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question