Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

827 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethel Park, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel Park, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied on-line. They contacted me on-line and I chose an interview day/time using their on-line system. It was rather cool. I arrived at my scheduled time and spent 30 minutes chatting with the shoe department manager. She didn't ask too difficult questions, and it was more of a conversation than anything, but effective. She offered me a job in womens' wear on the spot. I accepted. We were going to do my I-9 form right then but I didn't have the 2 forms of photo ID with me. She said someone would call me that week. No one called.

Interview Questions
They never called me. I called them after 3 weeks and left a message. They never returned my call.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in June 2010.

The process was very simple. I filled out the online application and was contacted shortly thereafter. The interview went smoothly and I was asked all of the expected questions. Nothing too complicated. I was hired on the spot and given a short tour of the department in which I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing terribly difficult. I think there was one about the most difficult situation I've been in and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I waited about 30 min for the hiring manager to collect me from the waiting room, then we went to an office and the first thing she asked was about my availability. I told her only evenings on weeknights and anytime weekends, and she proceeded to tell me that their busy hours are from noon-3 and my availability would not work for that, so the interview was over and I left. I'm not sure why they didn't check what I put on my application before offering me an interview, but it was just a waste of time!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

I filled an application out online. I received an email a few days later in which a link was supplied to schedule an in person interview the following week. I arrived 15 minutes early and only waited about 5 minutes before I was called in. The interviewer was very friendly and the questions were pretty much expected.

Interview Questions
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to sell a product. How you went about it, how it was received, what the results were.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you saw a coworker doing something wrong or against policy. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Seasonal position, minimum wage was offered.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

Online apps only, a phone interview,then a F2F interview. If you are accepted, they will then perform a background check. Training is 2 days for seasonal employees and 2 weeks for Full/Part Time. Full/Part Time employees received department training as seasonal do not. Welcome to Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2011.

Very easy interview. Asked how I dealt with change and a fast-paced environment. Manager was very friendly and we instantly hit it off, since she was hiring for her own department. Chatted some more about being a people person and having to be friendly and inviting at all times, and she made an offer on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2010.

The interview process was a fair experience. It lasted for about an hour and a half, and each
    person had a chance to explain there individual situation. It took place at in the local mall area
    off the express way on and early spring morning.

Interview Questions
    • I found the most difficult question to be if we could stay overtime on weekends and holidays.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was simple, my advise would be to listen
    close and speak clear with confidence

Sales Associate Interview

simple not hard but i don't recommend it. it is horrible. people are not friendly well may be customers are but definitely not the employees.. i disliked this job as much as i disliked the people who i used to work wit.

cause retail is not my thing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online via their job portal. Within a few days i received an email telling me to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the interview a few days later. I met with one of the store managers and she asked me a series of questions, mainly about my experience in different situations. She was impressed that i knew all about their Macy's credit card which she will ask about. The questions were rather unexpected so i would study up and make sure you know which situations you want to reflect on during the interview. She was ready to offer me a job but the availability wasn't available due to the holiday. Two days later i got an email telling me i wasn't selected due to my availability because i'm in school.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were on a team and explain your role as well as its outcome.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Nothing difficult. The interview process is very basic and not very long. They just want to know that you at least has some personality and aren't a total lunatic. I would simply suggest that you relax and be yourself without trying too hard to impress

Interview Questions
    Be honest and upfront about what you want

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!