Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. I went to the interview three days later. The woman who conducted the interview was very nice. A lot of the questions were the same as the ones found here so that was very helpful. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

It was short and simple with common retail questions. Like how would you deal with an irate customer? What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing? Name a time when you were faced with a challenge. What was the challenge and how did you get through it? What were the steps you took to overcome the challenge.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an irate customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email a couple days later asking for an interview and what day/time would be best for me. I had the interview a business day later. The hiring manager was very nice and friendly. The interview lasted for a good twenty minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral based.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

They emailed me to schedule an interview. I waited for an hour. When I finally talked to someone, they told me they'd call me to schedule another interview. I waited 2 days, called them, and they never got back to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Took about five minutes before I was called into the managers office. She described the position and proceeded to ask me basic and general sale interview questions. After I answered the questions she gave me input and asked for more detail

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Bel Air, MD).

Interview

Quite typical in the clothing retail industry. I had two phone interviews, 1:1 in person interview with the department manager then the store manager by getting hired. You will have to go through a training which takes a couple/few days (depending on your productivity). Then BAM! Your oh the sales floor in action.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who is stealing?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simply. I applied online then received an email telling me to schedule an interview. I showed up early but ended up having to wait longer for the manager to interview me. Interview went smooth the lady was very nice and liked me. Hired on the spot!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and the next day they emailed me to schedule an interview. I got scheduled after 3 days and went there to get interviewed by person. the manger was very nice and they interview went well but I didn't get the job because they wanted someone who's available all time and I had school so I wasn't very flexible with time.

Interview Questions

• why Macy's?
      how would you greet a customer?
      are you comfortable with technology?
      what department are you interested in working in?
      and some availability questions

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went online and filled out the application. I received an email a few days later to let me know that I am scheduled to receive a phone interview. My phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and she asked about 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you let a customer know that he made a successful purchase?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Des Peres, MO).

Interview

It was very easy. They just go down the list of typical standard interview questions. Nothing that will throw you off lol. You will find out if youre hired through email. They either accept or reject you, if youre accepted they will either call/emaik you for a day orientation begin.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question