Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Annapolis, MD).

Interview

It was basic, asked question; why do you want to work here, what can you bring, tell me about yourself. Hired on spot. it was pretty quick and steady. I really enjoy working here. It gets busy but its for the money

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

not negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Call you in and you usually meet with department manager. They ask you random questions. They tell you more about the position. It was pretty easy for the most part

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was very nice and just asked basic questions. Like Why Macy's? How would you accomplish your sales goal for every shift? Name a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it? Majority of the time Macy's will hire someone with little or no experience. Going into this I only had two months of legitimate job experience. It really is all about how you answer each question. Overall, it wasn't a hard interview and I was hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Easy-going. Interviewer asked about past positions, how I applied my skills, and asked what I would do in a customer service situation.

Worked with a great team, managers are leaders and bring magic to both employees and customers!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

The interview process at Macy's was quick and easy. I applied online and received a phone call to set up an interview later that week. I was asked a few typical questions and hired on spot. Questions were basic, and a few behavioral questions. Management was efficient with the process. They asked multiple questions regarding previous retail experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about previous work experience, particularly in retail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Arcadia, CA).

Interview

If they call you in for an interview, it is more than likely that you've already gotten the job. They ask pretty basic questions, nothing that wasn't far from the normal interview questions. i.e "Why do you want to work for our company? , What do you consider to be some of your strengths, etc. " It is a great job for beginners to gain experience in the customer service field.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

I Applied online. After a few days went to the interview. The interview was very easy, they ask basic questions. They go through questioner and make notes. You need to describe a lot of situations at work. Fro example, describe a time you helped someone with difficult situation. Describe a time when you saw a co-worker stealing, what did you do? Overall it wasn't difficult, I got hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Macy's? Why should we hire you? Describe a time when you had an upset customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got asked to schedule an interview the next day. Scheduled and went to the interview. The people in the executive offices were interviewing others as well and switched off on who sees what applicant. I got asked about a dozen questions by my interviewer and only got offered a part time with only 3-8 hours guaranteed each week in the men's department.

Anonymous Employee in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (West Mifflin, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got an interview with Bill. We did an interview guide. And told me a lady was going to look over my application and interview and if they were interested they were going to give me a call.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a customer to sign up for a card?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a Very laid back interview and easy to make conversation questions were really basic and easy to answer, thought I had gotten the job since the person I interviewed said she really liked me but got an email the following morning saying my availability didn't match their availability

Interview Questions

• Describe an uncomfortable situation you've been put in   Answer Question