Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. I went to the interview three days later. The woman who conducted the interview was very nice. A lot of the questions were the same as the ones found here so that was very helpful. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

It was short and simple with common retail questions. Like how would you deal with an irate customer? What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing? Name a time when you were faced with a challenge. What was the challenge and how did you get through it? What were the steps you took to overcome the challenge.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Hermitage, PA).

Interview

Very fast and brief. The interview was maybe 20min long. Just told me about the job and what my responsibilites were. Was hired on the spot. I was able to negotiate a little higher based on my experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got an email to schedule an appointment. I kept checking on their scheduling center for an available date to schedule and later got an appointment scheduled. I drove over to the wrong Macy's because there's two in the same location of where I applied. So I was in a rush and drove to the correct Macys down the street and had an employee direct me to the right direction to wait for my interview. I sat in an area with some couches and waited for a little and my interviewer took me to a small office in the back and read my literally like 10 questions from a sheet of paper and told me she'd be back after she was done asking me questions. She came back and told me there were no positions open for the evening shift, which I wanted. It was to be expected since all the reviews on glassdoor said this happens all the time, but my interviewer said she'd bench my application and call me back if a position opened. The benched application lasts for 3 months. Also, most of the interview questions dealt with problem-solving questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to pitch an idea to someone and how did it go?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back within about two days. Scheduled an interview. The manager that interviewed me was younger and very friendly so I felt at ease. She asked very general questions (she read off a piece of paper) and as I answered, she jot down my answer. I was hired on the spot. I was lucky to get a friendly manager to interview me since I generally get really nervous for interviews. I know that some of the managers would have given a more intimidating vibe.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email a couple days later asking for an interview and what day/time would be best for me. I had the interview a business day later. The hiring manager was very nice and friendly. The interview lasted for a good twenty minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral based.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

They emailed me to schedule an interview. I waited for an hour. When I finally talked to someone, they told me they'd call me to schedule another interview. I waited 2 days, called them, and they never got back to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Took about five minutes before I was called into the managers office. She described the position and proceeded to ask me basic and general sale interview questions. After I answered the questions she gave me input and asked for more detail

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Bel Air, MD).

Interview

Quite typical in the clothing retail industry. I had two phone interviews, 1:1 in person interview with the department manager then the store manager by getting hired. You will have to go through a training which takes a couple/few days (depending on your productivity). Then BAM! Your oh the sales floor in action.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who is stealing?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simply. I applied online then received an email telling me to schedule an interview. I showed up early but ended up having to wait longer for the manager to interview me. Interview went smooth the lady was very nice and liked me. Hired on the spot!