Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

810 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

I applied online then 2 weeks later got an interview. The interview was great nice average questions.I was hired on the stop and asked what department I wanted to work in. Then, the interview ended and they never contacted me again until I showed up and asked what was going on. The Department manager that hired forgot that she had hired me. So, I had to interview again and got hired again.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you knew a coworker was stealing from the company?   Answer Question
I accepted the start wage which was 8.00

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Nothing difficult. The interview process is very basic and not very long. They just want to know that you at least has some personality and aren't a total lunatic. I would simply suggest that you relax and be yourself without trying too hard to impress

Interview Questions
    Be honest and upfront about what you want

Anonymous Employee  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Got an email to schedule an interview. Picked the first available day, showed up went to HR office and sat and waited forever. Interviewer shuffled through paperwork to ask me questions. Said I would get an email if I did or did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a group assignment. What was your task and how did you handle this.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's.

The time between the online application process and my in-store interview was less than one week. The person who interviewed me was incredibly friendly. She had not reviewed my application beforehand, so she asked me to tell her about myself while she flipped through it. Then, she read some interview questions pretty much verbatim from questions described on Glassdoor (i.e. study up!).
    Let me say this: I had ZERO retail experience. It helped my interview that I took the time to learn what Macy's looks for in a Sales Associate (a motivated, enthusiastic team player who has proven to work well with people) and demonstrate those qualities in my answers. Maybe I'm an overachiever, but I practiced (and still do) my Macy's credit sales pitch on my boyfriend.
    I was not hired on the spot, but on the same-day. By the end of that week, my paperwork and 2-day training was complete!

Interview Questions
    • There was a question asking how I would act if someone I knew did something unethical, such as steal.   Answer Question
    Macy's does not let you negotiate. You get paid based on your retail experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Applied online and setup an interview two days later through their website. The interview was easy with basic questions like why Macy's? and most of them were related to teamwork. The manager that interviewed me had a whatever attitude I replied with great answers and have the skills needed still didn't get an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Very easy. Everything online. Applied and interviewed 3 days later. Was asked a series of questions and was hired on the spot. However, this varies by location. I interviewed at a different location and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a problem you've faced. Tell us about a time you worked with others.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and easy process when applying. Easy and simple questions if you have some semblance of common sense and retail experience. Hiring occurs everyday of every week so its easy to get in if you qualify. Dress for the position and wear the uniform. Very intelligent and honest human resourcesm representatives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Applied online I don't know when. Received an email to schedule interview online. Scheduled it for Saturday at 11AM. Arrived 30 minutes early. Waited an hour to be interviewed. They had specific interviewers assigned to specific people. My interviewer was late. 1 on 1 interview with a supervisor then another interview with a manager. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to help someone personally.

All other questions were pretty simple and based on selling, teamwork, customer interaction (most important).
        View Answer
    No negotiation. $8.25 starting pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

The people at the front desk were very cold and ignored me so I had to be pushy to let them know I was here and ask what they wanted me to do. Then after a long time of waiting and other people interviewing I was pulled to the back and asked about my availability and what it meant to work for them. I was asked what customer service means to me. I was asked if I had ready transportation every day and how I'd engage a customer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what customer service is to you   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate it was my first job

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

I applied and received an email a few days later asking to set up an interview. It took a while for an appt time to be posted, which was about a week later. The interview was straight forward. They asked questions about my previous experience in retail. I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was "How did I respond to seeing some stealing?"   View Answer
    None.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!