Macy's

786 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Very long and tiring but very hands off
Company relies on computer versus human to human reaction. It could be more better to get the interaction of supervisors and trainees but that is not the case.
Macy could do better with creating excitement moving forward.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email to schedule my interview. The interviewer was nice and started out by telling me about herself and the company. It seemed that she really liked me and said that she was excited for me to work in her department, however, the email I received stated that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Really not a hard interview very basic questions. It's a 1on 1 interview and the only thing that I didn't like about it was if I didn't acpect the commission job I wouldn't get the job.

Interview Question – Real easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Interview Details – The process begins online into the enormous Macy's database. Everything is automated and so can take time for interview dates and times to be updated. I had 3 interviews, they were very relaxed and straightforward. Managers were all friendly.

Interview Question – Unexpected: How do you help the customer celebrate their purchase? (I didn't know celebrating a purchase was a thing)   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – I was fine verbally, but took months to iron out the details in the computer system because corporate HR dropped the ball.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2013.

Interview Details – I only ever had 1 interview and was hired on the spot from what i've seen if they call you and you interview you are basically hired already. They literally will hire anyone i have noticed even those with felons and so on. Dress to impress and speak professional is all i can say.

Interview Question – None of the above this was the easiest interview i have ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Made sure they gave me the base pay I wanted.

Clackamas, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was simple and I had an answer by the end of it so I was pretty happy with the experience. I had gone through Macy's the day before to get an idea of what sales associates wear there (I have shopped there for years but never really thought about it). I would wear the dress code to the interview like I did because it seemed to impress the manager hiring me, and the dress code is very simple, just black on black in a professional sense. The interview was pretty short, maybe a half hour including going over when training would be etc.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was: What would you do if you had to gather and analyze data and come up with a final solution in a short amount of time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation, may have been because I wasn't ready for an offer at the interview.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Interview Details – Beware easy come esay go... Research your company people really? I am shocked by the lack or preperation people went to as I waited to be interviewed.

Interview Question – What makes you a great fit for Macy's   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was a very easy process. I applied and a week later I set up a interview. Most of the people being interviewd didn't seem as experienced as me but still got hired

Interview Question – How would you sell a store rewards account   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online, the following day i was contacted by the HR call center, I had a phone interview. After the phone interview i was offered the job, they just had to verify my employment history. I went in the next day and signe paper work and was enrolled in an orientation class.

Interview Question – name a time when you had to work as a part of a team, what was the project, your role, and the result.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – After I applied online in less than 1week I had an email scheduling my interview for the following week. The interviewer was the nicest guy, he started by telling me his story in the company and how he became the manager and after questions about my past experience he said he liked me and that they could this other manager to to my hiring process! Easy as a breeze. Just make sure you are honest!

Interview Question – There was not an unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They hired me right away!

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!