Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

The interview process at Macy's was quick and easy. I applied online and received a phone call to set up an interview later that week. I was asked a few typical questions and hired on spot. Questions were basic, and a few behavioral questions. Management was efficient with the process. They asked multiple questions regarding previous retail experience, etc.

Interview Questions
  • They asked a lot about previous work experience, particularly in retail.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

I Applied online. After a few days went to the interview. The interview was very easy, they ask basic questions. They go through questioner and make notes. You need to describe a lot of situations at work. Fro example, describe a time you helped someone with difficult situation. Describe a time when you saw a co-worker stealing, what did you do? Overall it wasn't difficult, I got hired the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose Macy's? Why should we hire you? Describe a time when you had an upset customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

If they call you in for an interview, it is more than likely that you've already gotten the job. They ask pretty basic questions, nothing that wasn't far from the normal interview questions. i.e "Why do you want to work for our company? , What do you consider to be some of your strengths, etc. " It is a great job for beginners to gain experience in the customer service field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

I just want to say this interview with Macy's was really easy and I actually enjoyed myself
    I actually worked for Macy's for 4 years but left because I had a baby and I decided to stay home for a year
    But overall the interview was great

Interview Questions
    Be yourself and smile and don't be nervous

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

I have to pass an aplication online, that it was not easy and they called for an interview. They ask me about differents aspects of the person that I am, like integrity and the experience that I had and how it would help me for this job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time were you change someone's mind about something   Answer Question

I wanted a full time job and I though that they weren't offering enough

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Applied online and got asked to schedule an interview the next day. Scheduled and went to the interview. The people in the executive offices were interviewing others as well and switched off on who sees what applicant. I got asked about a dozen questions by my interviewer and only got offered a part time with only 3-8 hours guaranteed each week in the men's department.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I arrived at the agreed time of the interview. I ended up talking to the manager of the store. Basically they asked me questions about myself and my ability to read people.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

It was easy, I was invited to interview via email, got interviewed and was asked about upselling and what department I wanted to work in. The interviewer was nice and we really connected. She asked typical questions, "tell me about yourself" "why do you want to work here?" I basically had the first and second interview the same day. After I told her what department I wanted to work in she had the department manager come in and talk to me for a little bit, I signed some paper work and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer is only buying pants and a shirt, what other things could you offer her to complete her outfit?   View Answer
    They matched my pay with my other job by 5 cents extra so I started (in 2013) with $8.85 an hour (85 cents above minimum wage)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

I came in met with the hiring manager talked for about 20 minutes and that was it. Didn't get the job because i didn't have enough sales experience. Hiring manager was nice but didnt really give a chance for you to really answer the questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was a packet full of questions that each macy's ask you and the hiring manager fills it out.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Macy's.

Asked me a few simple questions. Very personable. I dressed well, they treated me with respect... It was very informal. Took about 15-20 minutes. I honestly felt smarter than the manager who was interviewing me. They hired me on the spot.