Macy's

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.2

863 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

super easy interview. mostly they just want to know if you can sell, and what schedule is workable. they have different work schedule options. but get ready to work weekend nights if youre choosing to work parttime

Interview Questions
  • there are no hard questions. as long as you can speak english you're good.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online on Macy's website. I was contacted by phone and invited to a group interviewed. I was interviewed one on one with the hiring manager of department, and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked for a demonstration and sell them something on the spot   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. You must be 18+ to work here. If you get an interview, you're basically hired. They will hire you on the spot. Questions: 1) why macy's? 2)what do you do to celebrate a sale? 3) how do you encourage customers to buy more things? etc
    Answer they are looking for: 1) macy's is a long standing company. 2) "thank you for shopping with us!" 3) telling them that we have a lot of sales and coupons!

Interview Questions
    • The questions are really basic. They often ask you the same questions over again but in a different way.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

3 weeks maybe a little more..online app...in person interview..hired on the spot pretty straight forward..you don't need many skills to get the job...job is best for a high school student or someone who lives at home with their parents

Sales Associate Interview

I was contacted very quickly. The person interviewing me was extremely polite and straight to the point with duties and responsibilities that were expected. While there was very little room to negociate the pay rate, it was a pay that was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions that were asked were that of what one is to expect, working with others, handling responsibilities, etc. There wasn’t anything too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Its was quick, I came about 15 minutes early dressed professionally, Interveiwer was to the point! it was very professional. We went over my previous customer service and care. Many of the question had to give some explaining about customer service and how you would handle some situations.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of unique ideas that you share with friends   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

The process starts in store or online. One can apply online or head to the stores executive office to apply through a computer station. Once the application is submitted and is chosen for an interview the individual will be met by a manger or two, along with an HR supervisor. It helps to dress up after all this is an upscale department store unlike a marshalls/kohls. After the interview process if the person is chosen for a position they will undergo a mandatory 1-2 day computer/register training whether they are returning or starting a new. After which they are placed on the floor within a designated area and proceed to create moments, open up star rewards, and build sales.

Interview Questions
    • Prior examples of conflict resolution with customers/ co-workers/ managers.

Good/bad qualities about yourself.

Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation. I had come from the suburbs and the offered salary was substantially higher than my prior retail job so there was no reason to bargain on my end.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Web based testing and application then multiple interviews, go through security like a criminal, then find a hidden office on your own, answer weird questions, etc..... I was hoping for an intellectual conversation but the questions were quite basic and immature

Interview Questions
    You don't get to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

it was easy i applied online and it took 2 days nd i got a email to register for the interview nd it was the best one i had with any manager, i didnt take the job because they pay 8.00 and they dont give you all of your hours.

Hours and pay

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

My experience was relatively simple and easy. I applied online, and within a few days I was invited by email to interview. I was interviewed by a manager, which took about 30 minutes. It may have simply been the manager I was interviewed by and that I had experience in retail and customer service so it went more quickly. During my time working there I saw a lot of people applying via the computers in the office.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the pay is what it is.