Macy's

775 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Very simple interview process. I was interviewed by a manager in the ready-to-wear department. I then was interviewed by the Human Resources manager. I was offered the job immediately following the interview.

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – i got an email asking me to come in for an interview, i showed up and completed my interview, they emailed me a week later telling me the position had been filled.

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for an interview within a week. There was 1 interview. I dressed in black pants, green shirt, and black sweater. It was a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – How would you up-sell a pair of jeans to a customer?
Be sure to know the benefits of the Macy's Card (20% New Account Discount, regular monthly coupons, Use your Card Days, easy returns)
  Answer Question

Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

Interview Details – You set your interview appointment by via email. Once email the date and time, you go to HR and wait and there will be either a department or store manager, or HR rep that will interview you. The process usually takes no longer than 45 minutes, and it they're interested, they'll let you know what department you'll work in and set up dates for your register and MAGIC training

Interview Question – The questions are not difficult, just very basic.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call for an interview a couple of days later. met with two managers and they asked me like 5 basic interview questions. They weren't too hard to answer. After the interview they said they'd call me back but never did.

Interview Question – Not too difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview Details – You get an automatic link to chose the best time for your interview. I have experience at Macy's working their stock team in LA. I even trained people there. The lady would interviewed me was grumpy like I was wasting her time. Most of the questions were negative, see bellow, along those lines. I pretty much guessed that I did not get the job before I left. I came in with a great attitude and left with an uneasy feeling.

Interview Question – What are three things that you could improve? How did you handle a conflict with a co worker or customer?   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call and a date was set for an interview. The interview went well and just a few typical retail questions were asked. I was hired on the spot. I was able to give them a date when I could start.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – applied online first , got email from HR to take assessments first then got email to come in for one on one interview at store location that the position was available, then offered position same day as interview

Interview Question – explain a time when you witnessed someone stealing or being dishonest, and how you handled that , what did you do?   Answer Question

Mays Landing, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Basically they ask you routine questions placing you in situations. It's not difficult, just answer honestly and make sure you have the best interest of the customer in mind when you answer. After some situational questions they talk about availability and then routine questions asking "what did you do in a situation where..." Then they check if there are any jobs open but usually there aren't.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Macy's?   View Answer
  • Macy's prizes integrity. Explain a situation where someone did something unethical and what you did in this instance?   View Answer

Newington, NH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Interview Details – Macy's has a revolving door attitude for their employees. Pretty much if you have a pulse and no criminal background, you'll get hired. I asked how I felt about working with the public and if my customer skills were up to the retail sales associate position. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked if I had ever stolen anything from a past employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told the job paid $8.00 per hour, no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 775 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.