Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.2

825 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and easy process when applying. Easy and simple questions if you have some semblance of common sense and retail experience. Hiring occurs everyday of every week so its easy to get in if you qualify. Dress for the position and wear the uniform. Very intelligent and honest human resourcesm representatives.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Applied online I don't know when. Received an email to schedule interview online. Scheduled it for Saturday at 11AM. Arrived 30 minutes early. Waited an hour to be interviewed. They had specific interviewers assigned to specific people. My interviewer was late. 1 on 1 interview with a supervisor then another interview with a manager. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to help someone personally.

All other questions were pretty simple and based on selling, teamwork, customer interaction (most important).
        View Answers (2)
    No negotiation. $8.25 starting pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

The people at the front desk were very cold and ignored me so I had to be pushy to let them know I was here and ask what they wanted me to do. Then after a long time of waiting and other people interviewing I was pulled to the back and asked about my availability and what it meant to work for them. I was asked what customer service means to me. I was asked if I had ready transportation every day and how I'd engage a customer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate it was my first job

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

I applied and received an email a few days later asking to set up an interview. It took a while for an appt time to be posted, which was about a week later. The interview was straight forward. They asked questions about my previous experience in retail. I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was "How did I respond to seeing some stealing?"   View Answer
    None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Applied online and received an email the next day telling me to schedule an interview. It took a few days for any interview appointments to become available but finally one opened up. The interview was very quick and easy. The interviewer was friendly which put me at ease. He asked me a total of 5 questions with some chit chat in between. After "seeing what openings they had", I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was told I would be making $9.20/hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online. It took a few weeks for them to call after applying. I did two interviews before being told I was getting the job. Unfortunately I didn't get added to the schedule until a month later.

Interview Questions
    • It was a while ago i interviewed. I dont remember the specific questions. I would say average interview questions. Also, the interviewer read small paragraph scenarios and asked how I would go about handling those situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

Applied for a holiday seasonal position. Got an interview a week later. Introduced each other and she asked where I would like to work. Signed some papers watched a video and started training the next day.
    I was hired on with probably close to a hundred or more other seasonal associates and by the end of December most are let go. I was temporarily put as an "On Call" associate and would get maybe a few shifts a month and eventually switched to part time.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like most about helping people?   View Answer
    You get what they offer you.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, 2 days later got an email to set up interview. Lady liked me and I talked with a sales manager. 2 days later got an email stating that they liked me but had to space for me at this time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in September 2010.

Applied online and got an e-mail to schedule an interview two days after. The interview was simple. They asked the basic "why this company/department" questions and asked about what I would do in certain situations. No surprises (and I was over-prepared)

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a coworker doing something that violated a rule?   Answer Question
    The pay was barely above minimum wage, not really negotiable for me

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

applied , got an email for an interview a few days later. My interviewer was extremely nice and jittery . got an offer the same day and started training the next week I think

Interview Questions
    nothing to really negotiate , its retail