Macy's

Average Difficulty
786 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newington, NH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Interview Details – Macy's has a revolving door attitude for their employees. Pretty much if you have a pulse and no criminal background, you'll get hired. I asked how I felt about working with the public and if my customer skills were up to the retail sales associate position. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked if I had ever stolen anything from a past employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told the job paid $8.00 per hour, no negotiation.

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I phone call asking if I was still in the market for employment and I comfirmed this. The interview itself was very pleasant. It was one on one. All other staff I interacted with before the interview were very pleasant. General questions asked included how many years of sales experience I had and how comfortable I am interacting with strangers

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online, a few days later I got an email to schedule an interview. The interview took place in the Executive Office. At first, the lady said she was going to bench my application because there was no open spots, then she found a spot and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – Why Macys?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told you pay

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Online Interview schedule - select available hours. Once you select an available interview slot, you may be hired on the spot. Bring Social Security card or Passport with you to expedite the hiring process.

Interview Question – Would you report another co-workers unethical sales transactions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard, not negotiable at the level of experience or position.

Monterey, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I received a call to come in for an interview. I had a 1:1 interview with the manager I would be working for. It was pretty easy, got hired on the spot after my interview.

Interview Question – pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

Interview Details – My initial interview was with two supervisors for part-time Sales Associate and it went well. One supervisor suggested that I would be good in Fine Jewelry, but the supervisor for that area did not hire me. I was disappointed, but applied again for Holiday Sales Associate and was only hired, when someone else declined the job. I still have a resume' filed with Macy's Human Resource Department. When I check on my resume, I am told that it is on hold!

Interview Question – Don't really remember.   View Answer

Dover, DE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online. The entire process took 1 week. I applied on a Monday and by Wednesday I was called in for an in-person interview. The questions were very standard and expected. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – All questions were expected.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

Interview Details – Phone screen, on site interview. Training on site for most processes that you would need. Hiring manager was very nice and that probably why I accepted the job. Questions where based on your experience based on your resume.

Interview Question – Questions where easy. Just about anyone could answer them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer a basic salary.

Maplewood, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in July 2011.

Interview Details – Asked very simple and common questions. Wasn't blindsided by anything, and rather enjoyed the interview. My interviewer was lax, and made the interview easygoing. My interview took place in a rather messy office, and it was distracting.

Interview Question – I was asked if I knew who the CEO was.   View Answer

Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview only set up on line. There was no job available but she kept me there for over one hour. She was also one half hour late for the interview. Asked a series of unrelated questions.