Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

1,066 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,066 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Hermitage, PA).

Interview

Very fast and brief. The interview was maybe 20min long. Just told me about the job and what my responsibilites were. Was hired on the spot. I was able to negotiate a little higher based on my experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got an email to schedule an appointment. I kept checking on their scheduling center for an available date to schedule and later got an appointment scheduled. I drove over to the wrong Macy's because there's two in the same location of where I applied. So I was in a rush and drove to the correct Macys down the street and had an employee direct me to the right direction to wait for my interview. I sat in an area with some couches and waited for a little and my interviewer took me to a small office in the back and read my literally like 10 questions from a sheet of paper and told me she'd be back after she was done asking me questions. She came back and told me there were no positions open for the evening shift, which I wanted. It was to be expected since all the reviews on glassdoor said this happens all the time, but my interviewer said she'd bench my application and call me back if a position opened. The benched application lasts for 3 months. Also, most of the interview questions dealt with problem-solving questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to pitch an idea to someone and how did it go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Really. Easy. Get hired Same day. Procesos took around 15. Minutes, two interviews, very easy and quick, people were very nice. Almost same questions on Internet. Training take around three days, payment is draw vs commission.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Bernardino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a quick interview, she didn't speak great English, so that made me feel like I was out of the job immediately. All of the questions were read off of a paper.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's? What would you do if saw a coworker stealing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Torrance, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview experience for Macy's isn't that hard. I had interviewed twice. I didn't get the job the first time because I went to school and my school hours weren't flexible enough for Macy's. They emailed me the next day and said I didn't get the job. Once school ended I applied again and it was pretty much the same basic interview. The interviewers are usually very friendly and make eye contact and smile. I dressed up in a blazer, pencil skirt and white button down and I got complimented on my appearance. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a hard situation and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Garland, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about twenty minutes with the hiring manager. She had not reviewed my resume beforehand so I definitely suggest bringing her a copy so she can look it over and ask you questions based off your experience. Have situational stories ready because 2-3 "Tell us about a time when..." questions will be asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you helped a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Bronx, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the Bay Plaza store; I was sent an email a day or two later asking to schedule an in store interview. I arrived for my 11:00am interview at 10:45. I wasn't sure where I should be because at this location, once you get to the executive office, its a break room to your left and then an area with computers and phones to the right. I had to ask someone where to go from there, in which beyond the computers and phones, there is the office area. So I get there at 10:55am and there's no there at the reception desk. At around 11:10 finally someone come in from the back to greet me and take me to the interviewing space. The interview went pretty well from what I thought, the questions weren't super difficult, however there were maybe one or two that may have needed to be thought out. At the end of the interview, I got the "we'll get back to you in a few days" response. While I was being interviewed another person was behind me waiting to be interviewed. So when I got home, I checked my email and by like 12:30 / 1:00, they sent me an email declining my application. Im pretty sure that the lady that was doing the interviewing hired the guy that was behind me, she just stroked me as that type to hire a man over a woman. Plus the posting had been up for months, in which most likely there were multiple openings at this location. Macy's likes to hire and start people off with whatever the current minimum wage is, in which they like to hire people they know they can pay the least to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to sell something to someone.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a coworker or classmate that was doing something they weren't suppose?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you talk a customer into signing up for a credit card?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back within about two days. Scheduled an interview. The manager that interviewed me was younger and very friendly so I felt at ease. She asked very general questions (she read off a piece of paper) and as I answered, she jot down my answer. I was hired on the spot. I was lucky to get a friendly manager to interview me since I generally get really nervous for interviews. I know that some of the managers would have given a more intimidating vibe.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

They emailed me to schedule an interview. I waited for an hour. When I finally talked to someone, they told me they'd call me to schedule another interview. I waited 2 days, called them, and they never got back to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email a couple days later asking for an interview and what day/time would be best for me. I had the interview a business day later. The hiring manager was very nice and friendly. The interview lasted for a good twenty minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral based.