Macy's

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

it was easy i applied online and it took 2 days nd i got a email to register for the interview nd it was the best one i had with any manager, i didnt take the job because they pay 8.00 and they dont give you all of your hours.

Hours and pay

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I saw an ad for the job in store, applied online that day and got a call 3-4 days later. They did an on the phone interview and asked simple questions like previous work experience and questions about being a leader?

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you caught a coworker/student cheating/stealing; how did you handle the situation?   View Answer
    • Tell me about your customer service experience.   Answer Question
    It was really quick. After the interview he offered me the job starting at 8.70, I didn't bother to negotiate because this was my first job in retail.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

My experience was relatively simple and easy. I applied online, and within a few days I was invited by email to interview. I was interviewed by a manager, which took about 30 minutes. It may have simply been the manager I was interviewed by and that I had experience in retail and customer service so it went more quickly. During my time working there I saw a lot of people applying via the computers in the office.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the pay is what it is.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and got an email the day after saying they want to have a phone interview with me. Two days later, I randomly got a call and was interviewed on the spot. They called back again about 2 or 3 days later and asked more about my availability and was hired as a seasonal support associate, eventually became a permanent sales associate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview was very easy , I had two interviews , first one was with the hiring manager then if they call u back you interview with the department manager that you will be working for/in , basic retail questions . Make sure you smile and your very confident but also polite .. Sell yourself basically .

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who is having a bad day ?   View Answer
    No negotiation ,sarted at minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

Very short. Not much detail. Looking for those that are customer service focused and friendly with public. Makes sense since it's 100% public facing. Question we're not complicated. Overall easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Specific scenario with customers service scenario that you handled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NJ

I filled a application out online . Received a email two days later to schedule my interview. I scheduled it for the following two days.

This was my first interview in about 4/5 years so I was a bit nervous and I'm sure it showed.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of questions where you have to describe scenarios   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I received an interview within a week of submitting my application. Questions were pretty typical interview questions. There were a lot of scenario based questions that started like "What would you do if..."

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you noticed a coworker or manager doing something illegal or against store policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online. It took about a week to receive a email to setup an interview. The interview process took about 15 mins and usually the question she ask we're about the same question on here.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell an item to a stranger?
      Tell me a time when you had try to sell an item that was out of stock ?

View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online for the seasonal sales rep and five days later I received an email to schedule myself for an interview. It was a quick 10 min interview with the manager. Basically she just wanted to know my availability.