Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

25 minute interview and 4 hour testing (register & questions & Answering problems). Asked if ever worked for Macys before and asked if I knew anyone that worked at Macy's.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy. Just came in and talked to me for about 15 minutes. Asked a few question about how I work with people and how I work under pressure. It really wasn't too bad

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

super easy interview. mostly they just want to know if you can sell, and what schedule is workable. they have different work schedule options. but get ready to work weekend nights if youre choosing to work parttime

Interview Questions

• there are no hard questions. as long as you can speak english you're good.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online on Macy's website. I was contacted by phone and invited to a group interviewed. I was interviewed one on one with the hiring manager of department, and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for a demonstration and sell them something on the spot   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online. You must be 18+ to work here. If you get an interview, you're basically hired. They will hire you on the spot. Questions: 1) why macy's? 2)what do you do to celebrate a sale? 3) how do you encourage customers to buy more things? etc
    Answer they are looking for: 1) macy's is a long standing company. 2) "thank you for shopping with us!" 3) telling them that we have a lot of sales and coupons!

Interview Questions

• The questions are really basic. They often ask you the same questions over again but in a different way.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I received an email for an interview. I made an appointment for an interview for the following day and the earliest they had. I arrived 15 minutes early and dressed as the Macy's dress code to show I was determined to get this job. I arrived in the office and this lady asked "Can I help you?" I replied "Yes ma'am I am here for an interview." She asked for my name and had my paper profile in her hand. She was walking up and down in that office and gave it to the store manager and, he was walking up and down in the office for about a good 20 minutes. He finally apologize saying he was trying to find someone to interview me. He ended up interviewing me the whole time. He asked "Why Macys?" than started to read questions from the paper. He stuttered way to much while reading the interview questions to me, he kept shaking and I kept getting interrupted. His phone kept ringing and other employers kept coming in his office. He kept commenting that he liked my answers to his questions. Than at the end of the interview he said he would give this to a section manager or section supervisor and they would look over my notes. He continued to say "I will make sure I would tell them what a good candidate you are. I would have them call you because I don't know what department are available." The next morning I received and email and it said there is no positions available for me at the moment.

Interview Questions

• -Why Macys?
      -Do I like to voice my opinion? Benefits? Disadvantages?
      -Describe a time I saw someone do something wrong?
      -Describe a time I sold something?
      -What would I say to a customer to make them feel better shopping her again?
      -Describe a time I helped someone with a difficult situation.
      The questions above were the only questions I remember. Overall It wasn't difficult just a lot of describing.

1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

3 weeks maybe a little more..online app...in person interview..hired on the spot pretty straight forward..you don't need many skills to get the job...job is best for a high school student or someone who lives at home with their parents

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I was contacted very quickly. The person interviewing me was extremely polite and straight to the point with duties and responsibilities that were expected. While there was very little room to negociate the pay rate, it was a pay that was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• All the questions that were asked were that of what one is to expect, working with others, handling responsibilities, etc. There wasn’t anything too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Its was quick, I came about 15 minutes early dressed professionally, Interveiwer was to the point! it was very professional. We went over my previous customer service and care. Many of the question had to give some explaining about customer service and how you would handle some situations.

Interview Questions

• What kind of unique ideas that you share with friends   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The process starts in store or online. One can apply online or head to the stores executive office to apply through a computer station. Once the application is submitted and is chosen for an interview the individual will be met by a manger or two, along with an HR supervisor. It helps to dress up after all this is an upscale department store unlike a marshalls/kohls. After the interview process if the person is chosen for a position they will undergo a mandatory 1-2 day computer/register training whether they are returning or starting a new. After which they are placed on the floor within a designated area and proceed to create moments, open up star rewards, and build sales.

Interview Questions

• Prior examples of conflict resolution with customers/ co-workers/ managers.

Good/bad qualities about yourself.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation. I had come from the suburbs and the offered salary was substantially higher than my prior retail job so there was no reason to bargain on my end.