Macy's

2.3

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

Mainly asked what my working hours were and if I had any sales experience. Nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when someone you worked with did something you knew was wrong, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

interviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

Applied online and received an email for me to schedule my interview date and time (5.30pm). Went to the Macys office 15 mins early and spoke to some kind of a supervisor , it took us 15 mins to finish the interview and go the offer but when I asked the wage :(.

Interview Questions
    • its just basic, common sense and more on for customer service.   Answer Question

minimum wage..

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

To be honest, I haven't been interviewed at this store for the past several years since I have been coming in and out for several years now. However, I remember some of the questions that were asked several years ago.
    1) Why do you want to work at Macy's?
    2) If you find a problem at work with another co-worker, what would you do?
    3) You noticed your co-worker was stealing from the company, what would you do?
    4) If you noticed there was a broken elevator and a customer with a wheel chair wants to go up to the next level, what can you do to provide outstanding service?
    5) You have a long line during the sale, you have angry customers waiting to be served, what would you do? Would you say something? If so, what?
    6) You noticed a customer is acting suspicious, what would you do to prevent theft?

Interview Questions
    • 1) Simple. Just tell them why you want to work at Macys.
      2) Talk to your manager or directly talk it out with a co worker and if it doesn't work, discuss this situation with your manager.
      3) Let my manager/loss prevention know.
      4) Not sure.
      5) Thank you for waiting.
      6) call LP!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and got an email to schedule an interview 2 days later, I went to the interview 15 minutes early. I sat down with the interviewer and they asked me a couple of situational questions lasting about 5-8 minutes and it was over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Applied online for three different positions at the same location in early August and I got an email saying I was eligible for an interview within a week after. I scheduled for the first available interview time a couple days later and prepped reviewing questions and answers on Glassdoor.
    The interview started almost a half hour after the scheduled time, but, overall, the interview went very well. The manager and other staff were very friendly and accommodating and the questions were just as expected based on feedback on Glassdoor.
    Unfortunately, I am a full time college student so my schedule didn't match the required shifts for the positions I applied to and I was declined via email a day or two after I met with the manager. Nevertheless, I had a very encouraging experience with Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • Basic retail questions (was only asked a few):
      Why Macy's?
      How would you begin a conversation with a customer?
      How would you upscale a purchase?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in April 2013.

I applied online and had the interview within the same week. The interview process itself was very fast, a total of 15 minutes perhaps. This is not surprising, as there were 4 people for probably the same position behind me. The hiring manager was friendly, but talked very fast. 10 out of 15 minutes total he explained what kind of job sales associates do. This was ok but his text was so memorized that he sounded like a robot.

Interview Questions
    • Name an incident where you prevented something from happening.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and got an email about two days later asking to set up an interview. The interview was not that bad. Seeing as I had recently graduated from University, the interviewer was a little surprised to have me in there and even gave me names of other places that were hiring! The interview was average but I knew I did not get the job when he said that my application had to get sent back to corporate. I waited 2 weeks for a response email and after two phone calls I finally received one saying they had no "appropriate" jobs for me.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to sell and idea or product?

Why Macy's?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

the interview was pretty straight forward, they sat me in a room it was me and the interviewer ,he seemed nice. he asked me alittle about myself, then asked me how would i go about selling a macys credit card, and name a bad time when i had to work in a team and someone wasnt participating. after that he asked did i have any questions, and they said they didnt have any positions open for what i was applying for and he encouraged me not to give up. ;)

Interview Questions
    • how would i go about selling macys credit card.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. It was face to face interview. Interviewers were friendly. They were not able to provide much information about the salary, about how they establish an hourly rate. They did tell me about an excellent benefit package. I was contacted very soon and was advised to go through a basic store training.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the hourly rate a little bit. But their power to do anything was limited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Had my interview at Macy's Stonestown Galleria. Typical interview about retail sales, one on one interview. My interview took about 30 mins & my interviewee was rude to me & unprofessional. Bad experience because the guy was so rude.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that I HAVE NEVER heard before - I don't want to hear that you're a hardworking person, etc etc etc.   Answer Question