Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 23, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Concord, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I showed up and signed in to the office, letting them know I was there. The manager came in a little late, which is fine because he is the manager, and he took me to a conference room. That's when the interview began. He asked me simple interview questions in the beginning and moved onto scenario questions seeing how I would do in the actual field. Overall it was a good experience. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage is 9.00 and I have no work experience, but I put 10.00 just to push it a little. He offered me 9.50 because he liked me so much and said I deserve it.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Mainly asked what my working hours were and if I had any sales experience. Nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone you worked with did something you knew was wrong, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

interviewed at Macy's (Hayward, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for me to schedule my interview date and time (5.30pm). Went to the Macys office 15 mins early and spoke to some kind of a supervisor , it took us 15 mins to finish the interview and go the offer but when I asked the wage :(.

Interview Questions

• its just basic, common sense and more on for customer service.   Answer Question

minimum wage..

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Daly City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

To be honest, I haven't been interviewed at this store for the past several years since I have been coming in and out for several years now. However, I remember some of the questions that were asked several years ago.
    1) Why do you want to work at Macy's?
    2) If you find a problem at work with another co-worker, what would you do?
    3) You noticed your co-worker was stealing from the company, what would you do?
    4) If you noticed there was a broken elevator and a customer with a wheel chair wants to go up to the next level, what can you do to provide outstanding service?
    5) You have a long line during the sale, you have angry customers waiting to be served, what would you do? Would you say something? If so, what?
    6) You noticed a customer is acting suspicious, what would you do to prevent theft?

Interview Questions

• 1) Simple. Just tell them why you want to work at Macys.
      2) Talk to your manager or directly talk it out with a co worker and if it doesn't work, discuss this situation with your manager.
      3) Let my manager/loss prevention know.
      4) Not sure.
      5) Thank you for waiting.
      6) call LP!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule an interview 2 days later, I went to the interview 15 minutes early. I sat down with the interviewer and they asked me a couple of situational questions lasting about 5-8 minutes and it was over.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Concord, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online for three different positions at the same location in early August and I got an email saying I was eligible for an interview within a week after. I scheduled for the first available interview time a couple days later and prepped reviewing questions and answers on Glassdoor.
    The interview started almost a half hour after the scheduled time, but, overall, the interview went very well. The manager and other staff were very friendly and accommodating and the questions were just as expected based on feedback on Glassdoor.
    Unfortunately, I am a full time college student so my schedule didn't match the required shifts for the positions I applied to and I was declined via email a day or two after I met with the manager. Nevertheless, I had a very encouraging experience with Macy's.

Interview Questions

• Basic retail questions (was only asked a few):
      Why Macy's?
      How would you begin a conversation with a customer?
      How would you upscale a purchase?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Mateo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Easy. Look online for the macys interview questions. Learn the what m.a.g.i.c selling is for macys. They basically aound 5 of the basic questions that are online. Goodluck, you will get the job, it's easy!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and had the interview within the same week. The interview process itself was very fast, a total of 15 minutes perhaps. This is not surprising, as there were 4 people for probably the same position behind me. The hiring manager was friendly, but talked very fast. 10 out of 15 minutes total he explained what kind of job sales associates do. This was ok but his text was so memorized that he sounded like a robot.

Interview Questions

• Name an incident where you prevented something from happening.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Richmond, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got an email about two days later asking to set up an interview. The interview was not that bad. Seeing as I had recently graduated from University, the interviewer was a little surprised to have me in there and even gave me names of other places that were hiring! The interview was average but I knew I did not get the job when he said that my application had to get sent back to corporate. I waited 2 weeks for a response email and after two phone calls I finally received one saying they had no "appropriate" jobs for me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to sell and idea or product?

Why Macy's?

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Richmond, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

the interview was pretty straight forward, they sat me in a room it was me and the interviewer ,he seemed nice. he asked me alittle about myself, then asked me how would i go about selling a macys credit card, and name a bad time when i had to work in a team and someone wasnt participating. after that he asked did i have any questions, and they said they didnt have any positions open for what i was applying for and he encouraged me not to give up. ;)

Interview Questions

• how would i go about selling macys credit card.   1 Answer