Macy's Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2015

2.1

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

2 interviews one with sales manager one with vender rep. Typical questions, easy interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Stockton, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Had 2 interviews with different managers at the Stockton, California Location, One was very interested in me the other was not so much, ,kind of passive and didn't really take the time to listen to what I had to say. Asked the same questions over & over, from what was on there interview paper. Not a god experience at Macy's with there interview process. They passed on me the year before because of me not living in the current city I was applying for. Got hired the next day at Home Depot: Since then , within that year I have Won Top sales leader, Most single day sales, numerous Top customer service awards, PAC Champion award, Employee of the month, Customer service champion & several other Top sales & Service Awards. If they would have taken the Time just to read the Resume & paperwork given to them maybe they would have seen the talent they could have hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back, though I mostly expect that was the because the manager interviewing me was a pretty approachable fellow. He was not from HR or the store manager, as I had expected him to be, but a sales manager. I was asked pretty typical questions, such as why I would like to work for Macy's as well as my hopes for advancement, etc.

Interview Questions

• With the qualifications you have, why Macy's? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As an associate, I would start out at $8.25 with no negotiation, but specialists start out at $8.75. Don't bother trying to negotiate for more.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Furniture sales department keep employees until they retire or quit, which gives new employees o job security

Interview Questions

The offer was in a completely different department than I desired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It is very straightforward with everything being done online through macysjobs.com. You fill out the online application, submit your resume and wait for an email inviting you to an in person interview. One of the sales managers follows a script of questions and typically you leave with an offer for a position.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with a constantly changing environment.   Answer Question

Sale Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Chandler, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Simple interview questions. Since this was over two years ago, I really don't remember much about the interview process. I do remember that it was a one on one interview and that the questions were pretty basic but I don't remember any of the questions. I also remember that I used Glassdoor to prepare for the interview. Sorry I could not be more helpful on this question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

They hired pretty much right away- same day. The interview process is extremely esy if you have had previous sales experience. They get you into the sysytem ASAP. Training starts right away,

Negotiation

There was none, except as to where you would like to work- what department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Went in 9 years ago in November looking for a full time position. Was interviewed after I completed application with an area sales manager.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were standard. What experience do you have? What do you have to offer? What is the hardest job you did and why, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me an hourly rate of 6.50 an hour (2003). At the time, most were offered 25 cents over min. wage which was 5.75 an hour.I asked for more given my 20 years experience and managed to get 8.00 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was called by a manager for an interview but it took several calls to eventually get a date to come in. I had to wait to meet with her, but eventually we did talk and I talked with the assistant store manager. They seemed professional but the followup was not well planned. I was strung along for several weeks before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how I would handle various scenarios with both co-workers and customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got an email from Macy's asking me to schedule my interview. When I went in for my interview I was greeted by a secretary in the executive office . My interview was conducted by one of the sales/department managers in a private office room.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you encountered a difficult or rude customer - how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.