Macy's

Updated Jul 14, 2014

2.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

2 interviews one with sales manager one with vender rep. Typical questions, easy interview

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

Had 2 interviews with different managers at the Stockton, California Location, One was very interested in me the other was not so much, ,kind of passive and didn't really take the time to listen to what I had to say. Asked the same questions over & over, from what was on there interview paper. Not a god experience at Macy's with there interview process. They passed on me the year before because of me not living in the current city I was applying for. Got hired the next day at Home Depot: Since then , within that year I have Won Top sales leader, Most single day sales, numerous Top customer service awards, PAC Champion award, Employee of the month, Customer service champion & several other Top sales & Service Awards.
    If they would have taken the Time just to read the Resume & paperwork given to them maybe they would have seen the talent they could have hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

The interview was fairly laid back, though I mostly expect that was the because the manager interviewing me was a pretty approachable fellow. He was not from HR or the store manager, as I had expected him to be, but a sales manager.

I was asked pretty typical questions, such as why I would like to work for Macy's as well as my hopes for advancement, etc.

Interview Questions
    • With the qualifications you have, why Macy's? Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    As an associate, I would start out at $8.25 with no negotiation, but specialists start out at $8.75. Don't bother trying to negotiate for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Furniture sales department keep employees until they retire or quit, which gives new employees o job security

Interview Questions

The offer was in a completely different department than I desired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

It is very straightforward with everything being done online through macysjobs.com. You fill out the online application, submit your resume and wait for an email inviting you to an in person interview. One of the sales managers follows a script of questions and typically you leave with an offer for a position.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you deal with a constantly changing environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

They hired pretty much right away- same day. The interview process is extremely esy if you have had previous sales experience. They get you into the sysytem ASAP. Training starts right away,

There was none, except as to where you would like to work- what department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

Went in 9 years ago in November looking for a full time position. Was interviewed after I completed application with an area sales manager.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were standard. What experience do you have? What do you have to offer? What is the hardest job you did and why, etc.   Answer Question
    They offered me an hourly rate of 6.50 an hour (2003). At the time, most were offered 25 cents over min. wage which was 5.75 an hour.I asked for more given my 20 years experience and managed to get 8.00 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

I was called by a manager for an interview but it took several calls to eventually get a date to come in. I had to wait to meet with her, but eventually we did talk and I talked with the assistant store manager. They seemed professional but the followup was not well planned. I was strung along for several weeks before I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know how I would handle various scenarios with both co-workers and customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in June 2012.

I applied online and a few days later I got an email from Macy's asking me to schedule my interview. When I went in for my interview I was greeted by a secretary in the executive office . My interview was conducted by one of the sales/department managers in a private office room.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you encountered a difficult or rude customer - how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in September 2011.

I submitted my application online and received an invitation via e-mail to schedule my interview. You select the date and time from the list available. Dress casual: no denim or tennis shoes. First impressions are usually lasting ones. I arrived at the store for my interview about 15 - 20 minutes early. I gave the lady my name at the desk and I sat down until a manger came out. The interview consisted of about 8 maybe 10 questions. which were you standard questions; Ex. Why do you want to work for Macy's, Tell me about a time where you assisted and angry customer, Tell me about at time you had to work in a team. Things like that.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what I was looking for I said 10.00 and she looked over my app to see what i was making at my last job and told me she doesn't think I'll get that but she'll see. She left out and talked to the lady at desk and put something into the computer and came back and gave me what I asked for. Don't low ball yourself. Think about the lowest amount you'll accept and than a $1.00 to that amount and tell them that's what you want, if you can't get that at least you'll still get more than your lowest accepted amount. After you'll have a second interview with another manger which is just like two questions and than he signs off on your paper work and you get the GRAND TOUR of the store. The whole process including interview and background check is about 2 weeks. If your background comes back clean, they'll call you and setup a day for you to come in to do your paperwork at that time you'll be scheduled for your Magic Training!! Good Luck!!