Macy's Sales Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First I applied online. Then the next day I received an email telling me to schedule a interview. So, I scheduled and the interview was 4 days later. When the interview day came I arrived 35 minutes early and they interviewed me right away. The interview went rather fast. There are seven questions they ask.The questions are simple and easy to answer. . I had a very good interview but there wasn't a position for them too offer me which was disappointing but they offered to call me if a position opens up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Support Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Submitted online application. Received an email that asked me to interview in person within a week. Mostly behavioral questions that dealt with handling customers. The interview wasn't exactly formal, but it was straightforward (meaning it was less conversational than perhaps people are used to). All of the questions asked were very standard. I interviewed with my direct supervisor, and she was courteous and genuinely interested in my answers. Was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales? Do you have experience handling customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Overland Park, KS) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got an automated e-mail a month later later to set up an appointment via the appointment feature on their website. Went in a couple days later, had one interview with one of the department managers. Asked basic questions like "Tell when you had to deal with a problematic coworker", "How did you handle an upset customer", "What would you do if you saw an employee breaking the rules", etc. Real straightforward. I even fumbled with some of my answers and I was still offered a job. So just relax and be yourself.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered a dollar more than minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA).

Interview

Applied online and was notified to make an appointment for interview. The interviewer asked a few basic questions, then offered me the position. I accepted and was set asked to return in a few days to begin training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to convince someone of an idea you had   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you caught someone doing something unethical. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Brandon, FL).

Interview

My interview was at 12:30. I got there a few minutes early. Once there, there were 4 people already waiting. Then The recruiter came to get me 35 minutes late. Next she went on to tell me all the support positions I appled for were full, and asked how I’d feel about sales.I told her I'd prefer not to do sales. She asked about my availability ,I told her 15-20 hours a week. She told me at this time she is not, not offering me a job but that she wanted to interview the rest of the people there before giving me a job because of my availability. she tried to shake my hand, but I was over it and rudely walked out.

Interview Questions

• She asked me questions such as how would i sell a credit card, what would i do if i saw someone being dishonest or stealing, how I manage interruptions and how i sell things to strangers. She asked about my availability. She asked how many hours I’d be willing to work .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

About 10 minutes into the interview I was asked what my availability was so I had said that I have two other part time jobs but I am flexible. Once the interviewer found out that I accepted a part time job at Target the day prior she terminated the interview and said I am unable to work for Macy's if I have accepted a position with their competitor, Target. I explained that I had not started my position at Target and would be will to choose Macy's over Target if Macy's offered more hours. The interviewer then explained that they have no open positions and she was only interviewing for the sales support position to have extra people on the bench. She could not guarantee that I would get ANY hours if I was hired. What a bunch of non-sense. I was very angry that I invested two hours of my Saturday to interview for a position that was not even open. I have read other reviews about how Macy's does not care about their employees and this was an example of how they have no respect for people's time. She said that if I quit working at Target and would like to apply again, please give them a call. I think I'll pass.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer seemed to me more nervous than I was. I answered some situational questions like: discuss a time when you saw an employee acting in a way that would be an issue with integrity and how did you handle it, discuss a time when you worked in a team and a team member was not contributing. What did you do about that team member?   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied at Macy's website and was sent an email to schedule interview a week later.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions not difficult at all. Refer to other interviews for questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email almost a couple weeks later asking to set up an interview. If you go through the questions on here the interview will be really easy. Pretty much all the questions on here is what she asked in the interview. I got offered the job right there. :)

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions if you go through all the questions on here.   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online to work as a merchandiser and got an email a couple days later to set up an interview. Went in early and was interviewed by the manager. She asked about previous experiences and after finding out I had experience working as a pricing and signing member at a different store, called in another manager to discuss if I wanted to do that for them instead of merchandising. It was quick and easy, and they were both very personable. I was immediately offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Mainly asked about my previous experiences working in retail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and started to worry that I had missed an email or something (thought it might have gone to the spam mailbox!) About a week and a half later I got the email to schedule an interview. I selected 10am and made sure I was on-time. I was seen at 10:30am and there were plenty of people there with me. My interview took about 15 minutes or so. I was asked about my experiences, why I wanted to work for Macy’s, and how would I sell a pair of shoes. I believe I had an advantage because I had worked for them before (8 years prior) and had plenty of customer service experience. Still I was nervous during the interview. The interviewer was very nice and I made sure I gave him eye contact and honesty. After I “sold” him a shoe he told me to follow him and have a sit in the waiting area. Other people who had been interviewed were told to wait to be called, so I knew I had a good chance since I was still there. I only had one interview. The interviewer waited about an hour and came back and told me I had the job. I had initially applied for Sales Associate PT or FT hoping for the Full Time, but that wasn’t available so I was offered part time as a shoe expeditor. All in all, everyone in the process was nice.

Interview Questions

• There was really no seriously difficult questions, but if I had to pick one I would choose, “How would you sell me this shoe?” Be natural and answer, don’t try to put on a façade.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Regardless of my experience, I was not able to negotiate nor was I expecting to be able to negotiate.