Macy's Sales Support Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and was notified to make an appointment for interview. The interviewer asked a few basic questions, then offered me the position. I accepted and was set asked to return in a few days to begin training.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to convince someone of an idea you had   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you caught someone doing something unethical. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

About 10 minutes into the interview I was asked what my availability was so I had said that I have two other part time jobs but I am flexible. Once the interviewer found out that I accepted a part time job at Target the day prior she terminated the interview and said I am unable to work for Macy's if I have accepted a position with their competitor, Target. I explained that I had not started my position at Target and would be will to choose Macy's over Target if Macy's offered more hours. The interviewer then explained that they have no open positions and she was only interviewing for the sales support position to have extra people on the bench. She could not guarantee that I would get ANY hours if I was hired. What a bunch of non-sense. I was very angry that I invested two hours of my Saturday to interview for a position that was not even open. I have read other reviews about how Macy's does not care about their employees and this was an example of how they have no respect for people's time. She said that if I quit working at Target and would like to apply again, please give them a call. I think I'll pass.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer seemed to me more nervous than I was. I answered some situational questions like: discuss a time when you saw an employee acting in a way that would be an issue with integrity and how did you handle it, discuss a time when you worked in a team and a team member was not contributing. What did you do about that team member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

My interview was at 12:30. I got there a few minutes early. Once there, there were 4 people already waiting. Then The recruiter came to get me 35 minutes late. Next she went on to tell me all the support positions I appled for were full, and asked how I’d feel about sales.I told her I'd prefer not to do sales. She asked about my availability ,I told her 15-20 hours a week. She told me at this time she is not, not offering me a job but that she wanted to interview the rest of the people there before giving me a job because of my availability. she tried to shake my hand, but I was over it and rudely walked out.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me questions such as how would i sell a credit card, what would i do if i saw someone being dishonest or stealing, how I manage interruptions and how i sell things to strangers. She asked about my availability. She asked how many hours I’d be willing to work .   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Wenatchee, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Wenatchee, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2013.

Easy "tell me a time when...."

Interview Questions
    • None really.. It was by far the easiest interview I've had.   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's.

Applied at Macy's website and was sent an email to schedule interview a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions not difficult at all. Refer to other interviews for questions   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Sales Support Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and got an email almost a couple weeks later asking to set up an interview. If you go through the questions on here the interview will be really easy. Pretty much all the questions on here is what she asked in the interview. I got offered the job right there. :)

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions if you go through all the questions on here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in July 2013.

I applied online and started to worry that I had missed an email or something (thought it might have gone to the spam mailbox!) About a week and a half later I got the email to schedule an interview. I selected 10am and made sure I was on-time. I was seen at 10:30am and there were plenty of people there with me. My interview took about 15 minutes or so. I was asked about my experiences, why I wanted to work for Macy’s, and how would I sell a pair of shoes. I believe I had an advantage because I had worked for them before (8 years prior) and had plenty of customer service experience. Still I was nervous during the interview. The interviewer was very nice and I made sure I gave him eye contact and honesty. After I “sold” him a shoe he told me to follow him and have a sit in the waiting area. Other people who had been interviewed were told to wait to be called, so I knew I had a good chance since I was still there. I only had one interview. The interviewer waited about an hour and came back and told me I had the job. I had initially applied for Sales Associate PT or FT hoping for the Full Time, but that wasn’t available so I was offered part time as a shoe expeditor. All in all, everyone in the process was nice.

Interview Questions
    • There was really no seriously difficult questions, but if I had to pick one I would choose, “How would you sell me this shoe?” Be natural and answer, don’t try to put on a façade.   View Answer
    Regardless of my experience, I was not able to negotiate nor was I expecting to be able to negotiate.

Sales Support Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online to work as a merchandiser and got an email a couple days later to set up an interview. Went in early and was interviewed by the manager. She asked about previous experiences and after finding out I had experience working as a pricing and signing member at a different store, called in another manager to discuss if I wanted to do that for them instead of merchandising. It was quick and easy, and they were both very personable. I was immediately offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Mainly asked about my previous experiences working in retail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Applied online. Got email to schedule interview. Showed up wearing write blouse and black pants, and jewelry. I got there about 10 mins before my interview. Asked questions from packet of paper. Job offer at end of interview. Took about 15 mins total.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you saw your coworker doing something wrong?   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Medford, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Apply online, receive emails about interview then interview with a manager to determine your fate.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in which you had to deal with a situation you did not want to deal with or felt uncomfortable dealing with   View Answer
    As a part-time employee with no retail experience there was no negotiation process.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!