Macy's

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Support

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – One on one interview, then criminal background check.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed at work.   Answer Question

Miami Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online and a couple days letter got called for an interview. The interview was really standard and I was offered a job at the end

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Sales Support

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Mr. Everall was great, friendly, and outgoing.

Negotiation Details – Fair

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – group interview. assigned a word and use it to talk about related experience.

Interview Question – the assigned word activity   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Support

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online received call from HR about a week later. Was called in asked basic questions very easy interview.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an irate customer etc..   Answer Question

Bradenton, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online. I received an e-mail to schedule my interview. I went in for the interview. She told me the position I applied for was outside my availabilty. She said I would be a good pricing associate. She completed the intervew by asking name a time when questions. She offered me the job on the spot penidng background check.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were working as a time, and someone did not want to do their job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Very Easy Interview

Sales Support

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and two days later received an email to schedule an interview on the interview website. I arrived 10 minutes early and waited for 2 minutes before I was called in for my interview. The interviewer was very nice and had a small fun convo about my previous job. Then he started explaining the job I was going to be offered. Then he began asking questions from the paper, and said he had a few questions of his own. one question was "describe a challenge you faced in a previous job and how you overcame that challenge" another was "describe a time were you have given or your have received excellent customer service". The interview lasted about 15 mins then he left and i waited for about 20 mins for an HR employee to come in and extend me the offer and schedule me for a training day.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult.
"describe how you went above and beyond for a customer"
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's Sales Support interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.