Macy's Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Hayward, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an offer for an interview the next day over email. I came about 10 minutes early to the HR Office and had to wait another 10 more minutes until someone came to interview. It was a one-on-one interview. Right off the bat, I was asked why I should be hired over the others that she'd be interviewing today. I focused on my experience and what I had learned from each job. Then, she asked me to describe myself. After that, she went into detail about my past jobs/why I left. This was the tough part, because I had actually been fired from one of my jobs for some social media reason. I was completely honest with my interviewer (which is now my manager) and she appreciated it. LET YOUR BUBBLY PERSONALITY SHOW! I was hired on the spot. Pay is kind of low ($9/hr) but it's only for the summer for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Concord, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I showed up and signed in to the office, letting them know I was there. The manager came in a little late, which is fine because he is the manager, and he took me to a conference room. That's when the interview began. He asked me simple interview questions in the beginning and moved onto scenario questions seeing how I would do in the actual field. Overall it was a good experience. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage is 9.00 and I have no work experience, but I put 10.00 just to push it a little. He offered me 9.50 because he liked me so much and said I deserve it.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Union City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had an initial telephone interview. The next step is to receive an in person interview with the direct hiring manager from their Union City, California Logistics Department. I am awaiting for the call should it happen. Overall, I feel that the interview went well and I have positive outlook on the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest success story?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

There was a group interview where the went around and asked everyone questions. After the group interview if you got a follow up interview it was one on one. They did call backs to let you know if you got the position.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at macys. are you able to work seasonal hours. do you have prior experience in retail.   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It took few days. I applied through monster.com and booked interview through macy's site. I could choose the date and time. So I selected the convenient time for me. You can cancel and reschedul your interview if you have enough time before the interview, but you can't reschedule the interview if it's near future.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell macy's card?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First,meet the HR manager.After that,I was invited to meet the dept manager.The dept manager called me for a shot talking,then met me for 30 mins.They are very nice!!Let me feel very comfortable to talk with them.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

One of the recruiter companies called me if I have an interest in contract to hire position at Macy's in San Francisco. Actually I was looking for a full time position but the job description was very interesting and I said OK. He scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager and one of his leads two days later. The hiring manager asked me short about my last projects and experience and it took about 10 min. After that the lead started asking me detailed technical questions. I was able to answer all his questions. Some time after 40 minutes came the architect and start asking me questions related to Core Java. As he started his questions I felt there is something wrong the way he was communicating his questions. One of his question was to say yes/no to true/false e.g. what dose object1.equals(object2) returns? True or false if they are from the same type.Very basic and simple question. His next question was how many "for" loops dose java have. I thought instead of answering this question I should hang up. But I answered his question. To me this was clear that they have already some one in mind to hire. This was wasting my time and energy.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Few weeks later received an email to schedule for an interview. Came to the interview 30 minutes early. Checked in. One-on-one interview. She was really nice. After that interview I was then interviewed ny another lady and im guessing that was a department manager that I was going to be with if i was hired. She was sweet to. It was nerve wrecking but got over it

Interview Questions

• How would you up sale a customer if she was only buying jeans?   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Only had one interview, face-to-face. Had extensive experience in retail at the general manager level so this interview was more of a "get to know you" conversation. I believe they were concerned that I might feel over-qualified,but as my experience was with a much smaller sized store I felt this was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions ... describe a time, tell me about, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

A few days after applying I recieved an email to schedule an in store interview. During the interview you go to the HR department and call for the manager. We met and went through routine questions "tell me a time when you had to sell to a stranger" after answering the questions I recieved an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a product to a complete stranger?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me the base pay and the percentage of comission. It was satisfactory so I agreed. Set up my schedule for the following week.