Macy's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Daly City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – To be honest, I haven't been interviewed at this store for the past several years since I have been coming in and out for several years now. However, I remember some of the questions that were asked several years ago.
1) Why do you want to work at Macy's?
2) If you find a problem at work with another co-worker, what would you do?
3) You noticed your co-worker was stealing from the company, what would you do?
4) If you noticed there was a broken elevator and a customer with a wheel chair wants to go up to the next level, what can you do to provide outstanding service?
5) You have a long line during the sale, you have angry customers waiting to be served, what would you do? Would you say something? If so, what?
6) You noticed a customer is acting suspicious, what would you do to prevent theft?

Interview Question – 1) Simple. Just tell them why you want to work at Macys.
2) Talk to your manager or directly talk it out with a co worker and if it doesn't work, discuss this situation with your manager.
3) Let my manager/loss prevention know.
4) Not sure.
5) Thank you for waiting.
6) call LP!
  Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview then onsite interview that consisted of 3 rounds. The questions were a combination of job specific and behavior. When I left, 10 minutes later, I got a phone call saying that they would like to extend an offer. Quickest turnaround I've ever experienced.

Interview Question – Have you ever had experience using these tools?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The bonus and benefits are almost non-existent. Negotiate for a higher base to cover these limitations.

Coordinator, Marketing Operations Interview

Coordinator, Marketing Operations
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – HR communication was a breeze. One set of interviews, easy, and casual.

Negotiation Details – Email, simple, and clean.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Sent in my resume to the recruiter, had a 5 minute phone screening, then came in for on-site interview. Talked to two recruiters for an hour each, then had an hour long written test. The recruiters asked about past work experience and explained the companies environment.

Interview Question – None, mostly basic questions about Java, SQL, Linux commands, and puzzle questions. One of the puzzle questions: you have 8 textbooks. They all weigh the same except one which is heavier. Using a balance scale only twice, find which textbook that weighs the heaviest.   Answer Question

Release Engineer Interview

Release Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Second time interviewing for position. Interview went well, people were nice, 0 feedback or response.

Interview Question – Lots of situational what-ifs; likely related to current issues or system constraints.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Planner
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2010.

Interview Details – Must apply online for legal reasons, filter thru survey to be approved for interview process, be patient as it takes a few weeks or more for things to process thru the system

Interview Question – Be prepared to give specific examples of successes and challenges   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A few phone calls between manager and HR

Sales Support Associate Interview

Sales Support Associate
Newark, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online and was notified to make an appointment for interview. The interviewer asked a few basic questions, then offered me the position. I accepted and was set asked to return in a few days to begin training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to convince someone of an idea you had   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you caught someone doing something unethical. What did you do?   Answer Question

Holiday Retail Merchandise Placement Associate Interview

Holiday Retail Merchandise Placement Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got there early & waited outside amongst 3 other interviewees.
The interviewers called people in by their time & mine was 11oclock. She lead me into a room and asked what position I applied for.
Questions:
How do you work in a group?
Was there a time you had to question someone's integrity?
Name a time when you had a coworker who wasn't supposed to do what they're doing & how did you handle it.

Interview Question – She asked about my availability for the job & it was a shift I could not make.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and had the interview within the same week. The interview process itself was very fast, a total of 15 minutes perhaps. This is not surprising, as there were 4 people for probably the same position behind me. The hiring manager was friendly, but talked very fast. 10 out of 15 minutes total he explained what kind of job sales associates do. This was ok but his text was so memorized that he sounded like a robot.

Interview Question – Name an incident where you prevented something from happening.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details – Online application followed by an e-mail invite a few days later, to schedule an appointment. I chose an interview time and received directions on where to go and what door to knock on for interview but I had no contact name of who I'd meet. The interview started and immediately the interviewer and I had a great vibe and she offered me the option of a higher luxury placement just because of my personality as I have no sales experience. I got the offer within 10mins of interviewing. My interviewer had an amazing personality and allowed me to think about the offer. Then followed up a couple of times to assist in my decision; although I decided to decline, she was very convincing and so amicable that I'm glad I could do it over the phone rather than in person.

Interview Question – What you would do if you caught someone stealing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay is not very competitive and because I had a personal reason come up.