Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.0

165 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Got there 15 minutes early. Interview started 30 minutes after scheduled time, but interviewer apologized and was very polite. Got the paperwork and took me into the back room. There was a packet of questions. She read off the paper and wrote down my answers. Asked about availability. I was offered the position immediately after. $7.95 an hour. Interview lasted a max of 15 minutes. Questions included:
Tell me a time when you had to use integrity to deal with a situation.
Tell me a time when you had to offer an alternate solution to a customer and what was the solution.
How do you think you will fit in at this company.
Why Macy's? What attracted you to work here?

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to sell something to a stranger and what did you say and what was the end result.   View Answer
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

it was a one on one interview, was very quick and easy & didn't require much knowledge but it's definitely helpful if you know about the company. She was very nice and positive and was very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • What if we didn't have an item, how would you go about it?   View Answer
    • When are you available/ holidays   View Answer
    • Name a time when someone did something that wasn't right and what did you do   View Answer
    • Why Macy's?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, scheduled an interview a week later. Smooth and easy as long as you prepare. Hired on the spot. So what are you waiting for? Go Apply!! Uh Like now!

9$/hour un negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online, and received an email within the next day or two to schedule an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early where there were others waiting in HR for different reasons. The man I interviewed with was very friendly and easy to talk to, and had a great sense of humor--something I always look for wherever I choose to spend my time! I was hired on the spot after a brief interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was especially prepared for the interview based on the previous questions on GlassDoor.com!   Answer Question
    None

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Got asked scenario questions they were pretty basic and very easy. Got hired right after the interview. They were very nice and didn't look in your eyes so I wasn't intimidating. Overall very fast and easy.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer came up to you asking for a product but you didn't have it what would you do?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Was a breeze, as long as you're honest and be yourself. Show personality and don't be stiff. Don't be too desperate. Get there at least fifteen minutes early. I was hired on the spot. Dress in all black with dress shoes. Be ready to answer experience based questions, such as an experience of showing "integrity"

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

The interview went so smooth and esay. He only asked me :" why did you choose to apply at macy's?" Then he asked about my available hours and if i was ineterested in a full time position after the season, and he said he gonna call me within 3 days.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online and it takes one day to receive the email about setting up an interview. I came 30 mins before the scheduled time and waited about 5 mins to meet with the manager. He read through my resume and asked few questions to see my reaction. After the interview, the manager took a contract form to let me filled in and told me come for training the next day.

I think 3 things win the interview, friendly (smile regularly and always respond in a mild way), beautiful (if the sales related to clothing or cosmetics, make sure wear neat and beautiful makeup, definitely go with all black suit), professional ( previous sales experience and have the knowledge for products).

Interview Questions
    • How will you sell a pair of pants?
      Will you do things before it is being discussed too detailed? Why?
      How to sell Macy's card to the customers?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. I just need a part-time job to kill my weekends, not expect too much from it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

It was pretty basic. I applied online then got an email about scheduling an interview 3 days later. It was really quick I guess because they were ready to hire for the holiday season. I thought that I would definitely get the position but I realized once I sat down with the interviewer that the position was "personal shopping assistant" which wasn't something that I really wanted to do.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic: Why Macy's? How avaiable are you? The hardest was: what did you do when you caught a co-worker doing something they were not supposed to do? It was hard because I hardly ever been in that predicament before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Got their 30 mins early. Interviewed 30 mins after scheduled time. They asked me two questions then told me they didn't have anything available. While I was waiting everybody was rude and barely anybody made eye contact with me!

Interview Questions
    • When were you working w a team and somebody wasn't doing their part? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question