Macy's

Average Difficulty
150 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – It was easy, I applied online, and got to select an interview date. The manager was running late so I sat and I saw what the culure was like. It was very clean and organized. I had to go through a background check.

Interview Question – Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got an email to schedule my interview online. I scheduled it and when i went in for the interview I talked with the interviewer for about 10 minutes and she hired me on as soon as my interview was over.

Interview Question – The questions were all fairly easy.   Answer Question

Warwick, RI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had one interview after applying on-line for a seasonal position. The interviewer was very accommodating in that she offered me the only full-time position available because I asked for as many hours as I could get. I was hired at the end of the interview. I was only asked how much retail experience I had.

Interview Question – What do I like most about working with people.   View Answer

Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview for this position. The interviewer I had was great. She explained what the job would entail and was very thorough in making sure I had the qualities to bring the magic to Macy's.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I had was "What job did you dislike the most?"   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details – Super easy. All questions can be found online, some questions are asked about your personal skills and how you deal with upset customers, a big one is how you would go about selling a macy's card, since theyre real serious about their cards.

Interview Question – How would you upscale a purchase?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in December 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application to Macy's, and received an email requesting that I choose an interview time. I selected my three times and ended up getting an interview for the first time I requested. I went and spoke with the Hiring Manager, who seemed a bit harried. It seemed as though they were in the midst of a hiring blitz, so it felt as though the interview was more of a formality.

Interview Question – How would I, as an employee, react if a customer seemed to be irate?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Seasonal Interview

Sales Associate Seasonal
Westminster, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2011.

Interview Details – A week after finishing online application, a manager called asked me to go in for an interview. The questions are fairly simple. They just wanted to know if you are able to use a register and know customer service. The lady manager who interviewed me told me I was too shy and the would have to take some time to consider. She called me five minutes after I left to tell me she is willing to give me a chance and to go in and fill out paperwork for employment.

Interview Question – Are you okay with the act of persuading customers to open Macy's credit card?   View Answer

Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – After having applied online I was sent an email asking me to pick a date for my interview. That day I had to go to the administrative office in the store and wait for a bit for another person to be done with their interview. Once one of the managers was available, he came out and greeted me and took me into his office. He basically asked me about my previous jobs, and if I would give priority to Macy's over my other current job. The other questions asked were about where I would prefer to work in the store? why I chose that area? How I would sell a purse to a costumer? what would I say to persuade her? And that was pretty much it, it was very simple and that same day I was told were and when I would start working.

Interview Question – About how I would deal with an upset costumer.   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Received email indicating I would be getting a phone call for an interview, person who called seemed to be from a central call center and wasn't from the actual store. Asked some standard questions and seemed to be writing down or assessing responses on a computer. Was offered position at the end of the interview. It was fairly quick.

Interview Question – How would you use technology to help customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. Was simply told the pay rate.

Milford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview Process was quick and easy. They wanted to get everyone in and out as quickly as possible. Not much effort needed.

Interview Question – They asked me where I saw my career going in 5, 10, 15 years.   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!