Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

153 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

The job application was a lengthy (20+/- minute) questionnaire on a computer and then I was notified that they would like to set up an interview with me. I went in for my interview and it basically just went back over the questions on the questionnaire but in person, my interviewer left the room and then came back saying they had a few positions they could offer me, though all would pay the same and were seasonal, and I was able to choose the one I wanted, effectively just which department I wanted to work in.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult, just a lot of behavioral questions. Most of the questions are the same just asking with different wording to see if you'll answer the same way.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and they sent me an email to schedule for an interview a few weeks later. The interview process was like 20 mins long and they ask pretty general questions most that are on this website.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's in November 2010.

The interview process was basically when can you start? what time can you work? What would you like to do? and Do you plan on staying after after the seasonal position is over?

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

It was easy, I applied online, and got to select an interview date. The manager was running late so I sat and I saw what the culure was like. It was very clean and organized. I had to go through a background check.

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

I got an email to schedule my interview online. I scheduled it and when i went in for the interview I talked with the interviewer for about 10 minutes and she hired me on as soon as my interview was over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

I had one interview after applying on-line for a seasonal position. The interviewer was very accommodating in that she offered me the only full-time position available because I asked for as many hours as I could get. I was hired at the end of the interview. I was only asked how much retail experience I had.

Interview Questions
    • What do I like most about working with people.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

I had one interview for this position. The interviewer I had was great. She explained what the job would entail and was very thorough in making sure I had the qualities to bring the magic to Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I had was "What job did you dislike the most?"   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Super easy. All questions can be found online, some questions are asked about your personal skills and how you deal with upset customers, a big one is how you would go about selling a macy's card, since theyre real serious about their cards.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in December 2011.

I submitted an online application to Macy's, and received an email requesting that I choose an interview time. I selected my three times and ended up getting an interview for the first time I requested. I went and spoke with the Hiring Manager, who seemed a bit harried. It seemed as though they were in the midst of a hiring blitz, so it felt as though the interview was more of a formality.

Interview Questions
    • How would I, as an employee, react if a customer seemed to be irate?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2011.

A week after finishing online application, a manager called asked me to go in for an interview. The questions are fairly simple. They just wanted to know if you are able to use a register and know customer service. The lady manager who interviewed me told me I was too shy and the would have to take some time to consider. She called me five minutes after I left to tell me she is willing to give me a chance and to go in and fill out paperwork for employment.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with the act of persuading customers to open Macy's credit card?   View Answer

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!