Macy's

Average Difficulty
153 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

Interview Details – The job application was a lengthy (20+/- minute) questionnaire on a computer and then I was notified that they would like to set up an interview with me. I went in for my interview and it basically just went back over the questions on the questionnaire but in person, my interviewer left the room and then came back saying they had a few positions they could offer me, though all would pay the same and were seasonal, and I was able to choose the one I wanted, effectively just which department I wanted to work in.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just a lot of behavioral questions. Most of the questions are the same just asking with different wording to see if you'll answer the same way.   Answer Question

Chula Vista, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I applied online and they sent me an email to schedule for an interview a few weeks later. The interview process was like 20 mins long and they ask pretty general questions most that are on this website.

Interview Question – Pretty Easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was basically when can you start? what time can you work? What would you like to do? and Do you plan on staying after after the seasonal position is over?

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – It was easy, I applied online, and got to select an interview date. The manager was running late so I sat and I saw what the culure was like. It was very clean and organized. I had to go through a background check.

Interview Question – Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got an email to schedule my interview online. I scheduled it and when i went in for the interview I talked with the interviewer for about 10 minutes and she hired me on as soon as my interview was over.

Interview Question – The questions were all fairly easy.   Answer Question

Warwick, RI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had one interview after applying on-line for a seasonal position. The interviewer was very accommodating in that she offered me the only full-time position available because I asked for as many hours as I could get. I was hired at the end of the interview. I was only asked how much retail experience I had.

Interview Question – What do I like most about working with people.   View Answer

Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview for this position. The interviewer I had was great. She explained what the job would entail and was very thorough in making sure I had the qualities to bring the magic to Macy's.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I had was "What job did you dislike the most?"   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details – Super easy. All questions can be found online, some questions are asked about your personal skills and how you deal with upset customers, a big one is how you would go about selling a macy's card, since theyre real serious about their cards.

Interview Question – How would you upscale a purchase?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in December 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application to Macy's, and received an email requesting that I choose an interview time. I selected my three times and ended up getting an interview for the first time I requested. I went and spoke with the Hiring Manager, who seemed a bit harried. It seemed as though they were in the midst of a hiring blitz, so it felt as though the interview was more of a formality.

Interview Question – How would I, as an employee, react if a customer seemed to be irate?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Seasonal Interview

Sales Associate Seasonal
Westminster, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2011.

Interview Details – A week after finishing online application, a manager called asked me to go in for an interview. The questions are fairly simple. They just wanted to know if you are able to use a register and know customer service. The lady manager who interviewed me told me I was too shy and the would have to take some time to consider. She called me five minutes after I left to tell me she is willing to give me a chance and to go in and fill out paperwork for employment.

Interview Question – Are you okay with the act of persuading customers to open Macy's credit card?   View Answer

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!