Macy's

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stock Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – The process was extremely laid back, it was in a tiny room that looked like it wasn't meant to be an office but a storage closet. The questions were very easy and she hired me on the stop. However, the people who were to be my new bosses didn't seem to thrilled. I could hear them saying "this is the second person she's hired this week" from the other room.

Interview Question – Literally all the questions were online, nothing was hard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Stock Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Questions were from a script. Hiring manager was very nice. Basic questions on customer service and how to balance work tasks. The hiring manager seemed very interested in my school and extracuricular life

Decatur, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Interview Details – Not that great. Interview started 30 min late. Interviewer was unprofessional.

Interview Question – All the questions had really nothing to do with the job title. Same questions are asked to anyone that's interviewing for any position with Macy's. Very generic questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Novi, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Macy's in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and about 2 months later a 1:1 interview.It was very easy lasted about 10 minutes.The hardest part was basically navigating the store it's massive!

Interview Question – Basic questions like
Why Macy's?
Have you ever done stock before?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Beware you have to be there at 5am. Low pay and random hours. No way to call if there is an emergency .

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in December 2011.

Interview Details – Asked a few questions. Times didn't work out.

Interview Questions

Bethesda, MD

Interview Details – I applied online. I was then contacted a few days later by email to select a date and time to come in for an interview. I chose the next available time. When I got to the store, I went to the HR room and had to sign in. There were 2 other people that were there before me. By the the time it was my turn to speak with someone, it was about an hour after my scheduled time (i had arrived 15 minutes before my scheduled time). I was asked the basic questions "why did you apply" "when can you start" "describe a time you saw someone do something unlawful and what you did". Because I applied for stock, I wouldn't be working the cash registers, but still be on the sales floor and was asked how I would deal with customers, even though that wasn't a part of the job description. The woman that interviewed me was a bit confused by the questions she had to ask me because (in her own words) she never interviewed someone for the stock position and was used to interviewing people for the cash register position. I was hired on the spot and was told that it would be an on call position. Even though at the start of the interview I was told I would be working the days I indicated I could work on the application. So that was one problem I tried to sort out. But I couldn't work it out, because everyone that my interviewer talked with said that the job could only be offered as on call.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you saw someone do something unlawful and what did you do?   Answer Question
  • When was a time you offered great customer service?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wouldn't have been able to come in at any time since I'm a full time student. And from what I was told, I would be mostly called in on the days/hours I had class.

Visalia, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online in the beginning of September, 2011. A week after they called me and asked me to come for an interview. One of the managers interviewed me. Asked me some personal questions first. And then she asked typicall 'Why Macy's' and 'Do you have any costumer service and retail experience' questions. She also asked my availability. That was actually it. She was a very nice person. A few days later they called me to offer the position. It was minimum wage but since it was Macy's and minimum wage was better than no wage I took the job. And I am working there and I am pretty happy.

Interview Question – Why Macy's?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Marietta, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was asked to schedule and interview by email the next day. Went to the interview the next week. The interviewer was really nice. It went quickly, the we fired through the questions. Asked about experience, what my hours were, how I would feel having to switch departments, and when I made a major mistake. Afterwards she said I would receive an email the next day telling me if I received the job.

Interview Question – If you were working in the women department and was asked to go help with the children's department how would you feel about it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It interfered with my school schedule I couldn't do mornings. She told me to apply for sales because they have a more flexible schedule.

Stock Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online less than a week later I was sent an email to schedule an appointment for an Interview, Went to the Interview and was given the Job

Interview Question – Give an Example of a co-worker stealing supplies , money or Time and if you haven't experienced this tell us what you would do.   View Answer

Stock Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in October 2009.

Interview Details – I walked in for open interviews. The manager sat me down and asked me a couple of questions such as school and work history. Then she offered me a job right there. They were getting ready for the holiday season so just show them that you are hard-working and dependable and you should get the job.

Interview Question – What do you feel you would bring to our company?   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!