Macy's Store Management Internship Interview Questions

Store Management Internship Interview

Interview

I met them at a career fair at my University. Then signed up for an interview on the site. They accepted my request and I was scheduled for an interview. They had a pre interview gathering where they let you meet your competition and your potential interviewers. They gave us all hints and prepared us all for the interview making it a fair playing field.

Interview Questions

• They ask you behavioral questions such as what are your personal goals. Describe a time when you had to lead a group. Describe a time when you had a disagreement in a group. Then there was an immediate second interview that you had a case study where you had to pick one of many employees to council based on the information they gave you about each employee.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I was asked about how I have demonstrated leadership qualities, Macy's strategies, and personality questions. It was comprised of two parts. First round behavioral, and the second round was also more behavioral questions.

Store Management Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview

First there was career fair round to get the interview. Then the interview was two parts. The first was your basic situational and behavioral questions. The second was a situation where you had to decide between these 5 employees at Macy's each with different issues and pick one that you would try to improve and how.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing was choosing which employee in the case study to fix - they all had things that could be improved and you don't know what they want you to pick. "What's the obvious answer or do I go for something different." This was a difficult case study for that reason.   Answer Question

Store Management Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The process took 3+ weeks. I started at my campus recruiting session and was accepted for a first round interview. The interview was broken up into two parts. The first one was a behavioral interview with basic questions trying to find out about your interest in retail and find out about your personality. The second part was a case study where you had to analyze a problem and explain your reasoning through the issue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used leadership to help solve a problem?   Answer Question

Store Management Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview

Met Macy's at Career Fair in mid September. Attended Connect session early October. Received interview offer. Attended Night Prior Session + Interview. 2 parts (total 1 hour) - first part behavioral, second part case. HR was extremely friendly and really sold me on the Macy's culture! Make sure you research/learn about Macy's on your own and learn about its initiatives. Overall, everyone that I've met who works at Macy's loves it and never wants to leave.

Interview Questions

• Expect the common, why retail/why Macy's question. Unexpected question - how competitive are you? Other than that, just have a conversation, and it'll be a breeze!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Heard back within 2 weeks from the interview. Received offer letter a week later.

Store Management Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I got the first interview through campus recruiting. 1 hour interview. First 30 mins were behavioral questions 1:1 and the other half solving a given situation and presenting it 1:1 also. There is a final interview if you pass this. You need to fill out an online application.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage time/ schedule ? How do prioritize tasks? What do you know about Macy's? What makes you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of two separate thirty minute interviews, both of them 1:1. The second interview the HR guy asked me 3 questions and then said "do you have any questions for me?" when there was still 20 minutes left in our interview. It was pretty awkward. I didn't go through with the process and thus wasn't offered the next round of interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was scheduled for an hour and consisted of 2 1:1 30 minutes session with two different people. I was interviewed by the college relations recruiters. The first person gives you a sheet with some figures and statistics and you have to analyze the information and make a presentation to motivate a fictional character. The second person asks behavioral questions and tries to gauge your interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair at my school. They were very friendly and sold me on working retail based on my outgoing personality and interest in fashion. A few weeks later I was notified that they wanted me to come in for an interview. You had two one-on-one interviews back to back. The first was with a regional VP who questioned me on my technical and analytical skills and had me go over my resume. The second was with recruiting director. Her portion was behavioral. She wanted to know how well you would react to certain situations that commonly happen in the retail industry. Again, both people were very nice. A few weeks later I had a phone interview about my personality. I then had to take an online personality/skills test. shorty thereafter an offer came to intern with the company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your team did not achieve its goal or missed its deadline?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was nonnegotiable

Store Management Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's in April 2012.

Interview

I first talked with Macy's at a College Recruiting Fair and from there applied on the online recruiting system. I attended a Pre-Night Info Session the night before the interview that discussed the details of the interview. We reviewed Macy's strategies and the recruiters also told us to research other initiatives the company was taking. The next day was the interview which consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview and the second part of the interview consisted of a presentation type interview.