Macy's Store Management Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through my college after a career fair. The recruiter and I had a friendly conversation, and it escalated to an interest in procuring the management position, therefore I applied online and had an interview scheduled in 2 weeks. There were 2 interviews, the first was behavioral, simple questions about what your character is like, why you are a leader, why Macy's is right for you etc. then an interview where you were tasked with who you as a manager should hire/fire based on performance. Heard back from them 15 days later, and took the internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you acted under pressure   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was a two part interview. The first was a case study/presentation and the second part was behavioral and situational questions. During the first part of the interview you are given a chart with different employee statistics. You have to analyze it and create a plan for one of the employees that you feel could be helped the most. The second half of the interview was a regular interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked to explain our knowledge of the Macy's acronyms (MOM, MAGIC)   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Interview

I applied through the university website, took them about few days to process, and I had my first interview on campus with Human resources managers. The interview took about 1 hour.

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I met a recruiter during my college career fair and I applied through my school's website. I got an email from the recruiter saying I had an interview and inviting me to do an online power point intro to get more information on the company. After that there was an interview pre-night where you could meet the interviewers. The next day was the interview which consisted of two parts. The first part was a case study where you are given the stats of multiple employees and then you must choose which one is in need of the most training. The second part of the interview was behavioral and consisted of typical interview questions.

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Macy's came to my college campus and did various information sessions before selecting interview applicants. The interview has two parts: a typical behavioral interview and a role-playing situation, where they gave you employees' sales cards and you had to pick which employee's improvement you wanted to focus on and why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to a preview night where we learned more about the company and position. They brought in 4 managers and rotated around from group to group. You got a gift card for answering questions/participating. Then I was invited to a private Pre-night for people who received interviews. Then I had two 30 minutes interviews back to back. One behavioral, one coaching.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us.   1 Answer

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I met recruiter on campus then applied online. I spoke to the recruiter to really understand more about the entire internship. After two interviews, I got the position and waited on my packet.

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair and gave him my resume. He then emailed me about an interview. It was a one time interview with two different people. The first part was analyzing 4 employees and choosing one to coach. Some employees have better scores than others and you have to explain why you chose to coach the person you did, how you would coach them, and How you would approach them about coaching them. The next interview was with a different man who asked me personality questions, but only asked me three or four. The second guy was really stoic and didn't smile once, but might have done that to make me nervous. Both were relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you? Tell me a time that demonstrates your competitiveness. Tell me a time when you had a goal.   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Started with an on-campus recruiter at a career fair. There's a phone interview with the recruiter and than a skype interview with an HR manager. Interview consists of behavioral questions. There aren't too many interviews to go through. At most it's only three interviews, but on average people go through two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was what do you expect to contribute to the position   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, but I received an hourly wage of $15 an hour

Store Management Interview

Interview

The store management internship consisted of two 30 minute interviews consisting of a behavioral interview and a case interview. Advised will be notified in two weeks on their decision. It was a fairly easy interview, just know the basis of MOM and you'll do just fine- no need to know EVERYTHING about Macy's.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral-Tell me about a time you had to make a quick decision, etc.   Answer Question