Macy's Store Management Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

I met a recruiter during my college career fair and I applied through my school's website. I got an email from the recruiter saying I had an interview and inviting me to do an online power point intro to get more information on the company. After that there was an interview pre-night where you could meet the interviewers. The next day was the interview which consisted of two parts. The first part was a case study where you are given the stats of multiple employees and then you must choose which one is in need of the most training. The second part of the interview was behavioral and consisted of typical interview questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

I went to a preview night where we learned more about the company and position. They brought in 4 managers and rotated around from group to group. You got a gift card for answering questions/participating. Then I was invited to a private Pre-night for people who received interviews. Then I had two 30 minutes interviews back to back. One behavioral, one coaching.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

Macy's came to my college campus and did various information sessions before selecting interview applicants. The interview has two parts: a typical behavioral interview and a role-playing situation, where they gave you employees' sales cards and you had to pick which employee's improvement you wanted to focus on and why.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I met recruiter on campus then applied online. I spoke to the recruiter to really understand more about the entire internship. After two interviews, I got the position and waited on my packet.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I met the recruiter at a career fair and gave him my resume. He then emailed me about an interview. It was a one time interview with two different people. The first part was analyzing 4 employees and choosing one to coach. Some employees have better scores than others and you have to explain why you chose to coach the person you did, how you would coach them, and How you would approach them about coaching them. The next interview was with a different man who asked me personality questions, but only asked me three or four. The second guy was really stoic and didn't smile once, but might have done that to make me nervous. Both were relatively easy.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you? Tell me a time that demonstrates your competitiveness. Tell me a time when you had a goal.   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Started with an on-campus recruiter at a career fair. There's a phone interview with the recruiter and than a skype interview with an HR manager. Interview consists of behavioral questions. There aren't too many interviews to go through. At most it's only three interviews, but on average people go through two interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was what do you expect to contribute to the position   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate, but I received an hourly wage of $15 an hour

Store Management Interview

The store management internship consisted of two 30 minute interviews consisting of a behavioral interview and a case interview. Advised will be notified in two weeks on their decision. It was a fairly easy interview, just know the basis of MOM and you'll do just fine- no need to know EVERYTHING about Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral-Tell me about a time you had to make a quick decision, etc.   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

30 minute behavioral interview followed by a 30 minute video chat interview. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward. Very nice people, both interviews felt like regular conversations. Definitely know about the company and its initiatives.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Macy's? How does it differ from other retailers?   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

The process took about 4 weeks. The first interview was via phone with basic behavioral questions. The second and final interview was via webcam and also touched on behavioral questions. Additionally I was asked to highlight the main things on my resume that reflected leadership.

Interview Questions
    • How competitive are you on a scale of 1-10?
      Tell me about a time you had to lead a group.

Answer Question

Store Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2010.

Make friends with the recruiters because they will remember you and say good things about you. Make yourself stand out and be really curious about the position and what it entails. They actually asked me what makes me stand out amongst all of the other applicants they were interviewing that day which caught me off guard.

Interview Questions
    • I am going to be seeing a lot of students today. Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.