Macy's

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited on my college campus. I went to two meetings held by Macy's for more information. The recruiters were very nice and very knowledgeable in the EDP program. After I was offered an on-campus interview which lasted about an hour and a half total. It was a two part interview, first behavioral and then a quasi case study.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Interview with District Manager followed up with corporate interviews and testing.

Interview Question – Process of firing employees not meeting expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated on Salary and moving expenses and was successful.

Store Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very informal and everyone was really nice. Asked basis behavioral based questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about your leadership experiences?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you when above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.