Macy's Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Cherry Hill, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied , received a email to schedule a interview within two days . Went to the interview , was hired on the spot. Sounds great right ? WRONG right after I left the interview I was told I wouldn't be working in the area I just got hired for
But a lesser position as a recovery person. Only accepted the position because I was desperate for a summer job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate salary is 9.00 .. Minimum wage in my state is 8.38

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an invite to an interview two days later. Had a 1:1 interview. The associate was very kind and talkative, in the fashion of most Macy's associates. Aside from the question about group activities, none of them were unexpected or difficult. Was asked to confirm availability, but I applied to a position that doesn't require 24/7/365 availability.

This particular location told me to wait 24-48 hrs for a yes or no response. The interview was 15 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• What group activities did your team excel in, and what steps did you take to excel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Plantation, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Brief, Very easy and welcoming, follow simple instructions, friendly environment, easy to find, perfect part-time employment for flexible people with other jobs or school. Fast and they let you know right away if the job is yours

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Tukwila, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then scheduled an interveiw two days later. The interview seemed easy, nice, and laid back so I thought it went great. Three days later I was told I didn't get the job.. im very dissapointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to switch from one task to another.   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview

Got an email for an interview and showed up. The interviewer was extremely nice and made me very comfortable. It was overall easy and enjoyable. Questions were basic and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service questions: a time you helped a customer, how you multitask, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Bloomington, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward-What kind of work had you done in the past, are you physically capable of performing this job, what is your availability, and when could you start?

Interview Questions

• What kind of work had you done in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Westminster, CA).

Interview

I came in and I think they already had the intention of hiring me. They just wanted to know if what they were offering was what I was looking for, and it was during the time. When we both came to a consensus I just had to go through all the legal requirements (applying online, background checks, etc.)

Interview Questions

• None. They told me about the positions available and I told them which I felt best suited for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything. I just wanted a job. They offered me $8.50 and I took it. I believe that is the general starting pay to date. This was a good job in the beginning, just not to stick around for a long time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Beaumont, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

quick and easy. Interviewer was efficient in determining my skills for retail work.

Negotiation

easy to handle not uncomfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiana, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Christiana, DE) in August 2012.

Interview

filled out app online and received an email within the next couple of days and set up an interview for the following week. I went in for my interview and everyone was so nice saying hi and I only had to wait about 10 minutes before I was called back. The lady that interviewed me was very nice and asked simple questions off a sheet of paper. After a couple of questions she offered me a job and told me how much I would be paid. They then do a background check and make you fill out additional paper work.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you saw someone doing something wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none negotiable but more than I had expected