Macy's

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Support Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email for an interview and showed up. The interviewer was extremely nice and made me very comfortable. It was overall easy and enjoyable. Questions were basic and easy to answer.

Interview Question – Basic customer service questions: a time you helped a customer, how you multitask, etc.   Answer Question

Tukwila, WA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, then scheduled an interveiw two days later. The interview seemed easy, nice, and laid back so I thought it went great. Three days later I was told I didn't get the job.. im very dissapointed.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to switch from one task to another.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

Interview Details – applied online, got an email asking to choose my own interview date, chose earliest date, got to the store 30 mins early, wasn't interviewed until 3 full hours had passed and 40 other applicants-most with later appointments than me-had already been seen. interviewer asked 3 questions and offered me the job.

Interview Question – none, typical interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

White Marsh, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was a brief formality: a few standard questions, nothing in-depth.
It was clear they were hiring any warm body that walked in the door.

Interview Question – Degree of difficulty for all questions was zero. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The position was minimum wage, and that was all they were willing to offer.

Westminster, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I came in and I think they already had the intention of hiring me. They just wanted to know if what they were offering was what I was looking for, and it was during the time. When we both came to a consensus I just had to go through all the legal requirements (applying online, background checks, etc.)

Interview Question – None. They told me about the positions available and I told them which I felt best suited for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything. I just wanted a job. They offered me $8.50 and I took it. I believe that is the general starting pay to date. This was a good job in the beginning, just not to stick around for a long time.

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in June 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted the application & got an email the next day to schedule an interview. At the interview she really didn't ask me much about my experience or anything. She basically just went over the job and asked if everything sounded good. She asked me when I could start and then asked me how much I would want an hour. I asked for $10.00( this was 4 years ago) but she told me she couldn't go higher than 9.50. I needed a job so I accepted.

Interview Question – Nothing really, same questions you get everywhere I guess.   Answer Question

Beaumont, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in September 2012.

Interview Details – quick and easy. Interviewer was efficient in determining my skills for retail work.

Negotiation Details – easy to handle not uncomfortable.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone call ..went to the interview..I was asked if i am reliable and put to work ..FYI if they call you in the want to hire you.The managers are very very busy so if you interview your a shoe in.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

Interview Details – the interview took long because there was alot of other people waiting to be interviewed but atleast they had plenty of managers interviewing.

Interview Question – what do I think a macys employee is   Answer Question

Christiana, DE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

Interview Details – filled out app online and received an email within the next couple of days and set up an interview for the following week. I went in for my interview and everyone was so nice saying hi and I only had to wait about 10 minutes before I was called back. The lady that interviewed me was very nice and asked simple questions off a sheet of paper. After a couple of questions she offered me a job and told me how much I would be paid. They then do a background check and make you fill out additional paper work.

Interview Question – Name one time you saw someone doing something wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none negotiable but more than I had expected

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!