Macy's Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Next day I received an email to schedule a interview. I went on a Tuesday at the downtown Brooklyn location, process took two hours. I was interview with a nice who makes the interview go smoothly. I was told if I don't hear from them in a week for me to call her but she called me this Friday to offer the job title support associate. Sweet I got the job

Interview Questions

• what will you do to help a customer find something?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was great. The man that was doing the interview read the questions from a paper. Was very basic nothing different from the questions you can Google online. There were also other interviews that was being conducted in the room also. I think the whole interview lasted less than twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, they just tell u the starting rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Cherry Hill, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied , received a email to schedule a interview within two days . Went to the interview , was hired on the spot. Sounds great right ? WRONG right after I left the interview I was told I wouldn't be working in the area I just got hired for But a lesser position as a recovery person. Only accepted the position because I was desperate for a summer job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate salary is 9.00 .. Minimum wage in my state is 8.38

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an invite to an interview two days later. Had a 1:1 interview. The associate was very kind and talkative, in the fashion of most Macy's associates. Aside from the question about group activities, none of them were unexpected or difficult. Was asked to confirm availability, but I applied to a position that doesn't require 24/7/365 availability. This particular location told me to wait 24-48 hrs for a yes or no response. The interview was 15 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• What group activities did your team excel in, and what steps did you take to excel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Plantation, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Brief, Very easy and welcoming, follow simple instructions, friendly environment, easy to find, perfect part-time employment for flexible people with other jobs or school. Fast and they let you know right away if the job is yours

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Tukwila, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then scheduled an interveiw two days later. The interview seemed easy, nice, and laid back so I thought it went great. Three days later I was told I didn't get the job.. im very dissapointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to switch from one task to another.   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

Interview

Got an email for an interview and showed up. The interviewer was extremely nice and made me very comfortable. It was overall easy and enjoyable. Questions were basic and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service questions: a time you helped a customer, how you multitask, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Bloomington, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward-What kind of work had you done in the past, are you physically capable of performing this job, what is your availability, and when could you start?

Interview Questions

• What kind of work had you done in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The usual questions: Why Macy's? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? They are very friendly and kind. Makes it easy for the interview to go smoothly and clean. As my first job interview it went great! I did not know what to expect so I practiced some questions the night before and because of that I feel it was easy. Especially since they are not intimidating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (West Nyack, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I was called in for a one on one interview. The interview had about 10 questions that lasted about 30 minutes. Overall, the interview process was extremely easy. The questions were straight forward about specific experience or scenarios they wanted you to give. This was to get insight on your personality. There were no tests that had to be taken.

Interview Questions

• When did you lead a team by example? Have you ever seen a customer or co-worker steal? What did you do?   Answer Question