Macy's Support Retail Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a interview at Macy's a day later when I had apply and wanted me to schedule an interview time. The interview was very basic and easy to answer. The lady who interview me was reading the interview questions off a piece of paper. No smile or nothing very stand offish. I felt like she was not really want to get to know me and was just worry about getting my answer to write down and over with. After the questions was done she then explain that they are intereviewing more people and expect a response later in the day. Basically the whole interview took about ten minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Went to HR department and had a one on one interview with a Manager. If you are applying for seasonal, they usually tell you on the spot if you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   1 Answer

Retail Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interview was very straight to the point. He was looking for a leader and a hard worker especially because of the holidays. I was a very relaxing and comfortable interview. I did not get the job due to me not having any leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions. Just have examples of how you have lead people and how you are a leader and can motivate everyone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Ventura, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day about scheduling an interview online. I went in for an interview a few days later. The interview went well, she asked basic questions such as tell me a time when you saw a coworker do something they weren't supposed to do, tell me about your previous work history. She explained the position and how it was going to be only 10 hours a week. Everything was going well and I felt like she really liked me, but all of a sudden she stepped out for a bit and when she came back she said the position was not available but that she would like me on her team (the sales team), but that there also wasn't a position available for that at the time. She liked how I was dressed and maybe she saw me as a personable person so I took it as a compliment, however, I don't like talking to people and I don't believe in selling people things so I would never take that position if they ever did call back. Overall I was kind of disappointed that they interviewed me for one position that I wanted only to tell me it wasn't available but that another position that I would never do might be available in the future. Very confusing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

waited a awhile at HR before being called to a small room where a few interviews went on at once. very easy questions and scenario questions. I was a little nervous but did pretty well. the room was packed with people waiting to be interviewed. dress proper, discussed availability as well

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was given a good offer based on interview

Retail Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email about a week later to scheduled an interview for the next day. Basic interview questions about me, my work experience and what would you do if kinda questions. There wasn't any difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a conflict with a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. I had no retail experience.

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Eau Claire, WI).

Interview

I applied online and interviewed in the store. HR was "impressed" that I showed up early for my appointment. I interviewed with the manager of the support department. Basic, simple questions with no surprises. The only surprise was that the manager lowballed the wage offer from 9.50/hr as I was lead to believe down to 8-8.50/hr. About three hours after the interview HR called me to offer the job, but lowballed me again with an offer of 7.50/hr and I contested that I was lead to believe it would be higher. HR then offered about 8.15/hr and said she would speak with the manager and he would call me back. He never called me back for a whole week, so I called HR. HR said "Oh that's strange, I'll have him call you first thing on Monday when he's back." Monday...Tuesday...Wednesday...no call back.
    I guess the moral of the story is don't try to negotiate with them or you won't get the job.

Interview Questions

• The only trick here is not to negotiate your starting wage. Apparently they have plenty of college students/retirees willing to work for pennies on your dollar.   Answer Question

They lowballed me with the starting wage.

Retail Support Associate Interview

Interview

Came in for a 11:00 interview, wasn't interviewed until 11:45. Another manager from a different store gave me an interview. Questions were pretty straight forward. I got hired on the spot and i accepted. I start training in the next couple of days. The best part is i'm getting started with 9.50 an hour.

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate, everything was pretty much acceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, received the email to schedule my interview the next day. I didn't schedule my interview until a week or two after I received the email. I went in 20 minutes early dressed very professional. I heard multiple interviews going on at the time I got there. One manager came out to get me. The interview was relatively short and I was hired on the spot! I was surprised by how fast and easy it was.

Interview Questions

• This interview was the easiest I have ever had. There was nothing that I did not expect. It was very easy.   Answer Question

I declined because I am a college student. As a support retail associate, I would need to go in very early and that will not work out for me since I would need to go to school right after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed the next day to schedule an interview. Process took a week to get the actual interview, then waited another week for training. Once you are in the system youll be guided through the rest. The people are very nice so you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. But If I had to choose I would say it was when they gave me a scenario of what to do if im working and customers are around. Basically they are looking to see if you are aware that customers are ALWAYS PRIORITY. You keep that in mind.   1 Answer

Negotiation

close to minimum wage..I Took it to help build my experience.