Macy's Systems & Technology

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.7

Executive Development Program Interview

I originally sent my resume through a college job board. Within a month, I received a call asking if I was still interested, and then set up a face-to-face interview two days after the call. I met with two project managers and the VP for about an hour total. Three days after that, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not overly technical, mostly to make sure I actually had the background listed on my resume. The hardest part was talking about personal projects in depth.   Answer Question
    I was not given the opportunity to negotiate.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

They have no concept of paying top dollars. It's like they want you bad but as cheap as they possibly can. Which is what made me turn down the offer. Worst interview experience ever. I really liked the manager and lead guy I was suppose to be working for, and they really truly liked me too. After video interview, I was flown in, everything went great, everybody all pumped up. Once arrived back home, comes the incompetent HR rep. Plus, an incompetent VP who could barely speak a proper sentence of English (at least I could not understand him), acting all big shot and want to "interview" me over the phone for final approval i guess. Which did happen, but HR started low balling me with ridiculous offer (less than what I've been making AND upsetting part is that I already told him prior to phone screening what I make and my expectation is) See more in question section

Interview Questions
    • Her argument was about cost of living difference and why they cannot go higher and that if I accept within my first year I'll get promoted and be at the paylevel I'm seeking .. Huh ? Oh ok !! Whatever! I feel they really need to get a check of reality and not try fooling people. Anyway, after reading such bad reviews I'm so glad it didn't work out. Things have been a lot better since I turned their offer down. Oh and they sure know (HR in particular) that is to avoid paying you for interview expenses, I had to send multiple reminders to them to pay me for expenses, which they eventually did. So be aware of that! I had to use my card for hotel night initially since they gave a bad # when they reserve me a room. That's all folks   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

I got call through recruiter. After feeding all information, setup phone interview. Process was smooth. First round was phone interview with hiring manager. Asked questions about current job responsibilities. And then ask multiple technical questions.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Phone interview with HR, face to face group interview with app manager, Project Manager. Basic interview questions. Nothing difficult.

Interview Questions
    very simple. They met all requests

Field Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Phone interview followed by several rounds of in-person interviews with managers and supervisors. Emphasis was on employees with a good attitude and self-starting over raw technical ability.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, but very little asked on the technical end.   Answer Question
    Offered $16 an hour, told interviewee that I was already making that much, was offered $18 an hour, accepted. In hindsight, probably could've asked for more. Don't worry about asking for a higher wage.

Project Manager Interview

HR completes phone screen and hiring manager also does phone screen. The process takes about 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Questions are situational questions. They have a 30 page booklet that interviewers select questions from.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Okay, technical interview and some behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Asking about too much details on functional area on a technical position   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. depends on your experience.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology in March 2013.

Phone interview proceeded by in person interview was the interview process. The total process took less than a week. When there is an open position, the process moves very fast.

Interview Questions
    Very short since I had already negotiated my wage through contracting company.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Interviewed with hiring PMP and two of his PM's. Questions given back to back by all parties. They didnt allow me to ask them any questions (very interesting). I felt like I was interviewing for a PM role and not a coordinator.

Programmer Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

4 phase interviews: 1: HR interview over phone 2. HR interview in person 3. Technical and personal interviews 4. Final Technial interview.

Interview board was very professional and asked relevant questions to the position.

I was not able to negotiate anything more than what was offered.