Macy's Systems & Technology

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, face to face group interview with app manager, Project Manager. Basic interview questions. Nothing difficult.

Interview Question – All questions where as expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very simple. They met all requests

Field Technician Interview

Field Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by several rounds of in-person interviews with managers and supervisors. Emphasis was on employees with a good attitude and self-starting over raw technical ability.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, but very little asked on the technical end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered $16 an hour, told interviewee that I was already making that much, was offered $18 an hour, accepted. In hindsight, probably could've asked for more. Don't worry about asking for a higher wage.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology

Interview Details – HR completes phone screen and hiring manager also does phone screen. The process takes about 2 weeks

Interview Question – Questions are situational questions. They have a 30 page booklet that interviewers select questions from.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Johns Creek, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Interview Details – Okay, technical interview and some behavioral questions

Interview Question – Asking about too much details on functional area on a technical position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. depends on your experience.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Johns Creek, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology in November 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple Interviewers looking to gauge your qualifications

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer any type of question   Answer Question

Operations Advocate Interview

Operations Advocate
Johns Creek, GA

I applied online and the process took 6+ months - interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology in August 2012.

Interview Details – Two face to face interviews scheduled with 3 managers and 1 technical lead. Everyone was fairly nice.

Interview Question – Just technical questions that I had no idea about - deployments, deployments, deployments!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate on the bonus - 5k seem to be accepted too fast and they take taxes out of that.

Project Coordinator Interview

Johns Creek, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Interview Details – Interviewed with hiring PMP and two of his PM's. Questions given back to back by all parties. They didnt allow me to ask them any questions (very interesting). I felt like I was interviewing for a PM role and not a coordinator.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst II Interview

Atlanta, GA

Interview Details – 4 phase interviews: 1: HR interview over phone 2. HR interview in person 3. Technical and personal interviews 4. Final Technial interview.

Interview board was very professional and asked relevant questions to the position.

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything more than what was offered.

Systems Specialist Interview

Interview Details – It was a pretty simple process, just one phone interview with human resources, one phone interview with the hiring manager and one on site interview with the hiring manager and a couple of more employees and / or management. Offer came pretty quickly but negotiation was almost impossible. Questions were mostly background related.

Interview Question – No challenging questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried but no negotiation was possible

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Macy's Systems & Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's Systems & Technology interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's Systems & Technology employees and interview candidates.