Macy's Systems & Technology Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology (Johns Creek, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter to determine interest level, hiring manager assessed whether skills matched the role, panel interview with directors and follow up with two VP's. Role was thoroughly described by all individuals and expectations of the role clearly defined, in addition to what would make you successful in the role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   1 Answer

UNIX Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiter will have set of interview questions, if you miss couple of questions, chances of getting second call is slim. They are going to ask more network questions than system admin questions

Senior Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Interview

The process was straightforward up to the offer. No room for negotiation and they were not very professional in working with counter offers. The hiring managers and the actual group was great however it was more of an HR issue.

Executive Development Program Interview

Interview

I originally sent my resume through a college job board. Within a month, I received a call asking if I was still interested, and then set up a face-to-face interview two days after the call. I met with two project managers and the VP for about an hour total. Three days after that, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not overly technical, mostly to make sure I actually had the background listed on my resume. The hardest part was talking about personal projects in depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not given the opportunity to negotiate.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology (Johns Creek, GA).

Interview

They have no concept of paying top dollars. It's like they want you bad but as cheap as they possibly can. Which is what made me turn down the offer. Worst interview experience ever. I really liked the manager and lead guy I was suppose to be working for, and they really truly liked me too. After video interview, I was flown in, everything went great, everybody all pumped up. Once arrived back home, comes the incompetent HR rep. Plus, an incompetent VP who could barely speak a proper sentence of English (at least I could not understand him), acting all big shot and want to "interview" me over the phone for final approval i guess. Which did happen, but HR started low balling me with ridiculous offer (less than what I've been making AND upsetting part is that I already told him prior to phone screening what I make and my expectation is) See more in question section

Interview Questions

• Her argument was about cost of living difference and why they cannot go higher and that if I accept within my first year I'll get promoted and be at the paylevel I'm seeking .. Huh ? Oh ok !! Whatever! I feel they really need to get a check of reality and not try fooling people. Anyway, after reading such bad reviews I'm so glad it didn't work out. Things have been a lot better since I turned their offer down. Oh and they sure know (HR in particular) that is to avoid paying you for interview expenses, I had to send multiple reminders to them to pay me for expenses, which they eventually did. So be aware of that! I had to use my card for hotel night initially since they gave a bad # when they reserve me a room. That's all folks   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Interview

I got call through recruiter. After feeding all information, setup phone interview. Process was smooth. First round was phone interview with hiring manager. Asked questions about current job responsibilities. And then ask multiple technical questions.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, face to face group interview with app manager, Project Manager. Basic interview questions. Nothing difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very simple. They met all requests

Field Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology.

Interview

Phone interview followed by several rounds of in-person interviews with managers and supervisors. Emphasis was on employees with a good attitude and self-starting over raw technical ability.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, but very little asked on the technical end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered $16 an hour, told interviewee that I was already making that much, was offered $18 an hour, accepted. In hindsight, probably could've asked for more. Don't worry about asking for a higher wage.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

HR completes phone screen and hiring manager also does phone screen. The process takes about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Questions are situational questions. They have a 30 page booklet that interviewers select questions from.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's Systems & Technology (Johns Creek, GA).

Interview

Okay, technical interview and some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Asking about too much details on functional area on a technical position   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. depends on your experience.