Macy's Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

2.1

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

As many others commented- Macy's set up my interview entirely online and when I arrived for my interview, proceeded to interview me for the wrong job. The most apathetic HR person I've ever met asked me questions directly from a wrinkled printout, in a monotone voice, until I figured out she was asking me questions for a position I never applied for. What a waste of time, what a rude HR person.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time I had to work in a group- all the questions are interview 101   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Before my scheduled interview, I received a phone call letting me know that the position had been filled but that I should come in anyway because there were other openings. We discussed a position in sales for wages plus commission. The interviewer was encouraging - telling me that with my qualifications I could move up fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fair Oaks, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fair Oaks, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in January 2014.

I found the posting on glassdoor (I think) and applied online through their platform. I got an invitation to interview a few hours after submitting my app and chose a day to come interview. I got there in early and waited in a reception room. 15 minutes after my scheduled time, a receptionist told me that the person who was supposed to be interviewing me was not in the office, and told me to come back tomorrow at the same time. I was pretty annoyed, because this was in the early afternoon, and surely they could have figured that out/notified me before I wasted all that time driving out to the mall.

I came back the next day and interviewed with a nice guy from another local Macy's (who knows where the original person went). He was very easy to talk to and I could answer all the questions with examples from my relevant experience. I left feeling good about the interview, but I never received any other emails from Macy's - no rejection, nothing. In retrospect I'm glad I didn't get an offer, because based on my interview experience it seems like a miserable place to work.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you faced a challenge while working in a group or team.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Macys contacted me within days of me applying. It was really easy to schedule the interview online. The woman who interviewed me was amazing but the job was just not a fit for me. She was very upfront about it, it was clear she was looking for something different than what I had to offer. I received an email from Macys the following day saying that I did not get the job. I must say the whole experience was really positive. I have applied to another corporate position and never heard anything, Macys was much more professional. I think anyone would rather hear yes or no than be left wondering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2010.

Online application, telephone interview, efficient application process, but impersonal.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself."
      I would prefer pointed questions with an interactive discussion.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

The interview was short as my resume was really detailed. But mostly the questions were the classic questions like: What makes you applying for this job? Why did you left your previous job? What are some of your success? What are your weakness?
    The manager just ask some details about my past experiences as visual merchandiser. And what my previous manager would say about me if he would have contacted him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and received an email w/in 24 hrs to schedule an interview. I went in the following day for my interview and after about 20 minutes, the person working the front desk came out and asked me to come back for my interview. She actually did the interview and read all of the questions from a piece of paper (same questions as others had listed here). The job posting was taken down the day before my interview, so I was under the impression the position had been filled when I went to the interview. The following day I received an email stating I had great qualifications, but the position was filled. Judging by other reviewers answers, this must happen a lot with Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you lead a team and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and got an e-mail asking to make an interview appointment. The person who interviewed me was very nice and easy to talk to.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online and was told to schedule an interview. I was coming from out of state (the location was a place I planned on moving to) and took a bus to get there. Due to traffic, what should have been a three hour ride, became four hours, so I was 20 min late to my appointment (and since everything was done online, I had no way of contacting the interviewers). When I arrived, I explained the situation, but they refused to see me and said I had to reschedule online to a different available day. Four hours to see them specially, and they turned me away. Even if it wouldn't have been a huge inconvenience for me to reschedule, I wouldn't have, since they are obviously missing their humanity with all this online stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ledgewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ledgewood, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Macy's is fast and easy with communicating job inteview schedules and times! Flexible hours for you to come in and take your interview and also flexible on what day you chose. There was only a one interview preocess but I know Macy's may chose to do more tham one. Interview questions are basic and easy so nothing to be worries about!

Interview Questions
    • Are you afraid of heights and willing to go on extremely high ladders?   View Answer

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!