Macy's

2.0

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I arrived for the interview and after I was led to a conference room- was told the position I applied for had been filled the previous day. It would have been courteous to let me know this prior to my arrival for the interview. They then tried to sell me on another position I was not interested in.

Interview Questions
  • Discuss a time I saw a co-worker steal something- and what I did about it.   Answer Question
  • When did I have good customer service and how did I respond.   Answer Question

The position they offered was not what I applied for and paid minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

The process took two weeks. I applied online and received and e-mail inviting me to schedule an interview. I booked the very first interview appt. available. As others have said, the seasonal Visual Merchandiser position was filled before I arrived. I was hired on the spot as a seasonal Recovery Associate instead. The HR rep was very pleasant, but it was a little bit of a let down that the VM job was filled.

Interview Questions
    • If a member of your team is not pulling their weight, what is your response?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online and got an invitation to schedule an appointment and did for the following day. When I arrived the first thing I noticed was the smell... it smelled like urine, the carpet was dirty and there were boxes everywhere. The receptionist asked for my name and said I was not on the "list", after ten minutes, she said that Carlos was on his way. Five minutes later a guy came to the reception and grab some papers, said hi Ms. My Name and started walking, I had to assumed that he was Carlos and followed him to his office. He closed the door and ask me to take a sit (chair was dirty), he had candy wrappers everywhere... anyways, after 30 seconds of silence (while he looked at my application) he said, "Yeah no, that's a problem". I said, "I'm sorry?", he said, "your schedule, that's a problem. I'm sorry". End of interview. I wasted my lunch hour to go to this interview. This people don't look at your application beforehand and don't even bother to make any eye contact.
    Very unprofessional.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Before my scheduled interview, I received a phone call letting me know that the position had been filled but that I should come in anyway because there were other openings. We discussed a position in sales for wages plus commission. The interviewer was encouraging - telling me that with my qualifications I could move up fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

As many others commented- Macy's set up my interview entirely online and when I arrived for my interview, proceeded to interview me for the wrong job. The most apathetic HR person I've ever met asked me questions directly from a wrinkled printout, in a monotone voice, until I figured out she was asking me questions for a position I never applied for. What a waste of time, what a rude HR person.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time I had to work in a group- all the questions are interview 101   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Macys contacted me within days of me applying. It was really easy to schedule the interview online. The woman who interviewed me was amazing but the job was just not a fit for me. She was very upfront about it, it was clear she was looking for something different than what I had to offer. I received an email from Macys the following day saying that I did not get the job. I must say the whole experience was really positive. I have applied to another corporate position and never heard anything, Macys was much more professional. I think anyone would rather hear yes or no than be left wondering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fair Oaks, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fair Oaks, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in January 2014.

I found the posting on glassdoor (I think) and applied online through their platform. I got an invitation to interview a few hours after submitting my app and chose a day to come interview. I got there in early and waited in a reception room. 15 minutes after my scheduled time, a receptionist told me that the person who was supposed to be interviewing me was not in the office, and told me to come back tomorrow at the same time. I was pretty annoyed, because this was in the early afternoon, and surely they could have figured that out/notified me before I wasted all that time driving out to the mall.

I came back the next day and interviewed with a nice guy from another local Macy's (who knows where the original person went). He was very easy to talk to and I could answer all the questions with examples from my relevant experience. I left feeling good about the interview, but I never received any other emails from Macy's - no rejection, nothing. In retrospect I'm glad I didn't get an offer, because based on my interview experience it seems like a miserable place to work.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you faced a challenge while working in a group or team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and received an email w/in 24 hrs to schedule an interview. I went in the following day for my interview and after about 20 minutes, the person working the front desk came out and asked me to come back for my interview. She actually did the interview and read all of the questions from a piece of paper (same questions as others had listed here). The job posting was taken down the day before my interview, so I was under the impression the position had been filled when I went to the interview. The following day I received an email stating I had great qualifications, but the position was filled. Judging by other reviewers answers, this must happen a lot with Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you lead a team and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and got an e-mail asking to make an interview appointment. The person who interviewed me was very nice and easy to talk to.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online and was told to schedule an interview. I was coming from out of state (the location was a place I planned on moving to) and took a bus to get there. Due to traffic, what should have been a three hour ride, became four hours, so I was 20 min late to my appointment (and since everything was done online, I had no way of contacting the interviewers). When I arrived, I explained the situation, but they refused to see me and said I had to reschedule online to a different available day. Four hours to see them specially, and they turned me away. Even if it wouldn't have been a huge inconvenience for me to reschedule, I wouldn't have, since they are obviously missing their humanity with all this online stuff.