Mad Science

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mad Science in January 2011.

They interviewed six of us together. We watched a short video about Mad Science, and then we each got asked the same 5-6 questions about why we wanted to work there and why we'd be qualified. At the end we all had to demonstrate how we would present Mad Science's "3 Favors" ("No talking, no touching, and have fun") to a group of students.

Other Interview Reviews for Mad Science

Instructor Interview

Found the ad online. Emailed them my resume

Got an email to schedule an interview. Interview was standard and included a small demo where they had me recite the rules of the class as if I were actually teaching (personality test). They are basically looking for motivated people who enjoy working with kids.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a child feel involved if they were different from the rest of the group i.e. age, gender?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The pay was all laid out on paper ahead of time.

Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mad Science in December 2009.

I saw the ad on Craigslist and went to the Mad Science website to apply. I received a phone call pretty quickly and went in for a group interview. It was a group interview and though I dressed a bit classy, there were others who were hired that dressed causal nice. We watched a video about the company and then answered a few generic questions (Why us? Why you? Your good and bad points?) and also everyone was asked a fun question just to see our responses. My was, "If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be?" but others included "If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?" and "What superhero ability would you like?" We also were given a worksheet and a Map to answer how we'd get from Point A to Point B. Lastly, there was a mock class, where each applicant had to get up and say the "Three Favors" as though we were teaching. They are looking for FUN, ENTHUSIASTIC people who enjoy (or at the least don't mind) working with children. Also, most of the applicants who attended the interview were hired, however, not many stayed (they are always hiring- turnover is very high). Work is very, very part time and you're expected to drive long distances (I've driven up to 100 round trip for a day). They WILL NOT hire you if you don't have your own car. You will also need to get fingerprinted and LiveScan done- which is partially refunded after a period of time.

Interview Questions
    None. I've been working here for two years and haven't received a raise.